PDA

View Full Version : Broncos first-round pick Von Miller not idle during NFL lockout

TXBRONC
06-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Broncos first-round pick Von Miller not idle during NFL lockout
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/16/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Miller has stepped up his conditioning in recent weeks. "They're not take-it-easy workouts," he said. "We're going hard, we're really grinding. Because when it's time to perform, it's time to perform. I want that and I know the Broncos want it too."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18284071

If you go back and read the rest of the article you'll also see that Miller has been receiving instruction in how the 4-3 defense works from Dat Nguyen. Dat also played for the Aggies and professionally with the Cowboys.

MOtorboat
06-16-2011, 08:00 AM
There's plenty of ties...Nguyen was a linebacker at A&M when Dennis Allen was a grad assistant.

Allen served under Wade Phillips in his first NFL gig when Phillips was briefly in Atlanta. Phillips also gave Nguyen his first job with the Cowboys as a coach. Allen served under Sean Payton when he moved to New Orleans. Ironically, though, both Nguyen and Allen coached the 4-3, and Phillips plays his own brand of the 3-4...

Nepotism is a beautiful thing.

TXBRONC
06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
There's plenty of ties...Nguyen was a linebacker at A&M when Dennis Allen was a grad assistant.

Allen served under Wade Phillips in his first NFL gig when Phillips was briefly in Atlanta. Phillips also gave Nguyen his first job with the Cowboys as a coach. Allen served under Sean Payton when he moved to New Orleans. Ironically, though, both Nguyen and Allen coached the 4-3, and Phillips plays his own brand of the 3-4...

Nepotism is a beautiful thing.

It's not nepotism it's networking. :D

If Dat is employed by the Broncos as coach the team could get trouble.

Lonestar
06-16-2011, 09:15 AM
One has to wonder If Dat is being reimbursed by the broncos. Or if there wil be a job down the line for this.

TXBRONC
06-16-2011, 10:18 AM
One has to wonder If Dat is being reimbursed by the broncos. Or if there wil be a job down the line for this.

No one does not have wonder if Dat is being paid by the Broncos. I think before a rational and logical person goes there they would be obligated to ask himself "Why wouldn't fellow alumnus help out a fellow alumnus?"

NightTerror218
06-16-2011, 11:28 AM
No one does not have wonder if Dat is being paid by the Broncos. I think before a rational and logical person goes there they would be obligated to ask himself "Why wouldn't fellow alumnus help out a fellow alumnus?"

Well said, as an Alumnus, I help fellows alumnus that I know, or have things in common with. My fraternity for one is one where I help other alumnus that I have never met. Which can be compared to football and would think that football players would help out others when given the chance.

Rick
06-16-2011, 11:53 AM

If he is I care as little as I did with all the big hoop dah over Ben doing it in St louis.

If not currently on staff not currently on staff. Irrelevant what happens down the road, no rules broke right NOW.

Hope Miller can bring his A game this season, we really need all the pieces in place if we are going to have a shot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
If you go back and read the rest of the article you'll also see that Miller has been receiving instruction in how the 4-3 defense works from Dat Nguyen. Dat also played for the Aggies and professionally with the Cowboys.

My wife's cousin got a job from a guy that graduated from his school that he had never met.

Shananahan
06-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Good read. I think Miller being as ready as possible to jump in right away is critical to the success of our defense this season, and the more prepared he is the less learning he'll have to do while on the job. I know all these articles are usually 50% fluff, but I like hearing that our #2 pick isn't just sitting around, or just talking about money and contracts. Miller was not my first choice in the draft for the Broncos, but I'm really starting to love the guy.

Ravage!!!
06-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Althought, I wonder if the same people complaining about Bradford getting some tutoring from Ben McDaniels are going to cry foul about our players getting some tutoring from Dat? is this circumventing the rules?

Shananahan
06-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I think the only difference is that Ben McDaniels will probably be on the staff at some point, right? I didn't really pay attention to that whole deal, and see nothing wrong with it at this point, but I was just assuming he'd eventually be doing it professionally. I don't see that happening with Nguyen.

Ravage!!!
06-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I think the only difference is that Ben McDaniels will probably be on the staff at some point, right? I didn't really pay attention to that whole deal, and see nothing wrong with it at this point, but I was just assuming he'd eventually be doing it professionally. I don't see that happening with Nguyen.

I don't think either one is a big deal. I just am bored and saw some parallels between the situations. One is getting tutoring from a player that's not on our team but "knows the system", and the other is getting tutoring from and unemployed coach that isn't with the team that knows the system. To me, it's the same thing :shrug:

TXBRONC
06-16-2011, 04:56 PM

I doubt Josh has the authority to hire anyone so it would be to Spagnuolo.

TXBRONC
06-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Althought, I wonder if the same people complaining about Bradford getting some tutoring from Ben McDaniels are going to cry foul about our players getting some tutoring from Dat? is this circumventing the rules?

Ben McDaniels isn't employed with Rams as far as I know if he was the Rams could get into trouble. So the same would be true for Dat Nguyen.

BroncoJoe
06-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Ben McDonald isn't employed with Rams as far as I know if he was the Rams could get into trouble. So the same would be true for Dat Nguyen.

Who's Ben McDonald? Ronald's brother?

TXBRONC
06-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Who's Ben McDonald? Ronald's brother?

Yes, yes he is. I meant Ben McDaniels.

BroncoJoe
06-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, yes he is. I meant Ben McDaniels.

You shouldn't have edited your post. It was funny.

Benetto
06-16-2011, 06:01 PM
McDaniels or Mcdonald, either way he is a clowns brother.

rationalfan
06-16-2011, 06:06 PM
this lockout really needs to end.