PDA

View Full Version : DJ Williams MCL injury - torn or sprained

Tned
11-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Haven't seen this anywhere, but he injured his MCL and is expected to miss time, possibly up to a month.

BeefStew25
11-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Awesome. This will get Louis Green on the field.

:puke: :fart: :queef:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-03-2008, 12:12 AM
That's absolutely terrible. One of the only defenders on this team who has a pulse while on the field.

Tned
11-03-2008, 12:15 AM
ESPN and other sources are calling it a torn MCL, but then again every grade of sprain has some degree of tearing. Since, i am sure they won't do an MRI until tomorrow, we will likely hear how serious it is tomorrow.

Pittman aggravated a neck injury and McCree sprained an ankle, as well.

Tned
11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
That's absolutely terrible. One of the only defenders on this team who has a pulse while on the field.

And, he's the helmet guy....

He has something like 80 tackles and has been all over the field.

Hopefully, he only misses a couple games, but our already thin, and not spectacular, defense can't keep taking these blows.

dogfish
11-03-2008, 12:20 AM
excellent. . . .

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

G_Money
11-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm still not sure why they were putting Woodyard on the field in base, but Green in nickel packages. WTH?

Still, at least it's only an MCL. If he had to tear something, tear that. DJ will be back soon and maybe we can get a better look at Woodyard in the meantime. Since DJ might be moving back to Sam next year to fill the Boss Bailey hole if he's still recovering from microfracture, we might need a new Will... :tsk:

~G

Italianmobstr7
11-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I think DJ will stay where he's at no matter what. If we want a SAM LB, we'll draft one or pick one up in FA. I agree with you though. Woodyard should be out there in nickel. not Louis "i gave up a very crucial 3rd down catch" green.

NameUsedBefore
11-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Defense just flatlined.

BroncoWave
11-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Is anyone else thinking that Ian Gold is looking like a good option right now?

I want to punch myself for even thinking that but it might be true.

G_Money
11-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Please do punch yourself. :D

Ian Gold is a solution to our problem like Anthrax will help cure this horrible case of Syphillis we have...

~G

G_Money
11-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I think DJ will stay where he's at no matter what. If we want a SAM LB, we'll draft one or pick one up in FA. I agree with you though. Woodyard should be out there in nickel. not Louis "i gave up a very crucial 3rd down catch" green.

If we need to draft a MLB we probably won't get a Sam too. And we've already paid big bucks to Bailey for him to do it.

I just wonder what we'll do if we go through the offseason with all these pie-in-the-sky plans for Boss after rehab and then it turns out he can't go when the season starts because his ass is still broke.

At that point, if DJ's our best Sam and someone like Woodyard has proven to be a competent-or-better Mike, then where is better for DJ to play?

Depends on the scheme of the new coordinator, I guess.

Right now I just want to see if Woodyard can play. It's always better to have options, especially on this sorry D.

~G

LordTrychon
11-03-2008, 01:31 AM
If we need to draft a MLB we probably won't get a Sam too. And we've already paid big bucks to Bailey for him to do it.

I just wonder what we'll do if we go through the offseason with all these pie-in-the-sky plans for Boss after rehab and then it turns out he can't go when the season starts because his ass is still broke.

At that point, if DJ's our best Sam and someone like Woodyard has proven to be a competent-or-better Mike, then where is better for DJ to play?

Depends on the scheme of the new coordinator, I guess.

Right now I just want to see if Woodyard can play. It's always better to have options, especially on this sorry D.

~G

I'm pretty sure that DJ stated that he liked playing MLB and WLB... but hated SLB... I'm also fairly sure that he wanted this next spot to be his final one... but he's a team player.

And I thought I'd also heard that Bailey's injury could possibly be career ending... although I don't believe I ever saw anything to back that up.

Italianmobstr7
11-03-2008, 01:44 AM
DJ signed a nice big contract so I'm sure he'll play wherever they want him to, but I'll bet the rest of his career is spent at WLB. He doesn't like playing SAM and he's not as effective at that position. He'll be kept at WLB more than likely. We'll draft a SLB before we draft a MLB IMO. Webster hasn't been terrible. As long as he's here if Boss is hurt than if we go LB in the draft it will be a SLB.

Den21vsBal19
11-03-2008, 01:49 AM
In other injury news, it was feared that the Broncos pride had sustained a serious injury............

The report was later said to be erroneous after tests showed they didn't have any :mad:

DenBronx
11-03-2008, 01:58 AM
why isnt larsen getting on the field?

LoyalSoldier
11-03-2008, 02:01 AM
So this leaves a defense without its best CB and LB whenit had problems to start with. Frikkin great....

LordTrychon
11-03-2008, 02:13 AM
So this leaves a defense without its best CB and LB whenit had problems to start with. Frikkin great....

The DL has been stepping up though and the defense looks better... maybe if we get them both back at the right time, our defense will really turn around. If we're REALLY lucky... the offense will show up at the same time. :salute:

WARHORSE
11-03-2008, 05:19 AM
I'm still not sure why they were putting Woodyard on the field in base, but Green in nickel packages. WTH?

~G

I wasnt paying attention, but perhaps he needs to get better in zone coverages or coverages period. If he were the best option, Im sure he would have been on the field.

Tned
11-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Please do punch yourself. :D

Ian Gold is a solution to our problem like Anthrax will help cure this horrible case of Syphillis we have...

~G

Ohhh, on an otherwise dim morning, for more reasons than one, this brought a chuckle to my morning. :salute:

P.S. I'm not as down on Gold as some, but this was hilarious.

broncofaninfla
11-03-2008, 09:39 AM

I wish I knew! Webster blew his gap and allowed Browns big gain in the first half. It's time to bench Webster and try Koutouvides and or Larsen.

MOtorboat
11-03-2008, 09:42 AM

Probably because he isn't performing in practice.

broncofaninfla
11-03-2008, 09:44 AM

It's hard tosee him being worse than what we see of Webster week in and week out.

MOtorboat
11-03-2008, 09:46 AM
It's hard tosee him being worse than what we see of Webster week in and week out.

He probably is.

GEM
11-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that DJ stated that he liked playing MLB and WLB... but hated SLB... I'm also fairly sure that he wanted this next spot to be his final one... but he's a team player.

And I thought I'd also heard that Bailey's injury could possibly be career ending... although I don't believe I ever saw anything to back that up.

You better proceed that Bailey with a first name..you'll send people into coronaries.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't doubt that Boss Bailey's injury would be career threatening. Was it another knee injury? He had a history of them in college and IIRC, even high school. He's like another Courtney Brown as far as injuries go. We shouldn't have even signed him anyways. Had his name been Boss Booper, he wouldn't be here.

LordTrychon
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
You better proceed that Bailey with a first name..you'll send people into coronaries.

lol... I had that thought as I was typing it. Figured most would be able to figure out we were talking about LBs... but it would raise an eyebrow or two. :laugh:

I wouldn't doubt that Boss Bailey's injury would be career threatening. Was it another knee injury? He had a history of them in college and IIRC, even high school. He's like another Courtney Brown as far as injuries go. We shouldn't have even signed him anyways. Had his name been Boss Booper, he wouldn't be here.

Hehe... Who wouldn't want a guy named Boss Booper?

Peerless
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Yep... It was yet ANOTHER microfracture knee surgery.

The type of game that he plays, it will limit him even more since his last microfracture knee surgery.

If he does come back, I have no idea how he can play like a Boss Bailey played in the past.... even if his play was pretty much par.

dogfish
11-03-2008, 01:51 PM

it's hard to impress the coaches with his ability to read plays and make tackles when they've been lining him up at fullback. . . .

turftoad
11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10883224

The best-case scenario for Williams is he's out three weeks. However, he told teammates he felt a pop in his knee, and if tests today reveal a tear, he could be finished for the season.

This sucks.

Buff
11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Bout time to get that 2009 draft forum fired up...

MOtorboat
11-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Bout time to get that 2009 draft forum fired up...

If the season ended right now, we'd be drafting 17th. :coffee:

According to nfldraftcountdown.com, its Taylor Mays.

dogfish
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10883224

The best-case scenario for Williams is he's out three weeks. However, he told teammates he felt a pop in his knee, and if tests today reveal a tear, he could be finished for the season.

This sucks.

it's gone from suck to blow. . . . :tsk:

haroldthebarrel
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
i honestly think loosing Bailey and williams will be good for the team in the long run. As long as they dont get IRed.
I dont think we are a contender this year, but we might still squeeze into the playoffs.

But what will happen is that when stars are out we will find out who has the mental toughness to stay in the game and fight.
Slowik is gone after the season. What we will find is how many of the younger players that have the mental strength to be relied upon.
Besides, Paymah was a press corner in college. Thats his strength. Play the damn players to their strength already!

LRtagger
11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
If the season ended right now, we'd be drafting 17th. :coffee:

According to nfldraftcountdown.com, its Taylor Mays.

I would be doing backflips if we got Mays :elefant:

Lonestar
11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
lol... I had that thought as I was typing it. Figured most would be able to figure out we were talking about LBs... but it would raise an eyebrow or two. :laugh:

Hehe... Who wouldn't want a guy named Boss Booper?

So far it is Boss Pooper..

LordTrychon
11-03-2008, 04:01 PM
So far it is Boss Pooper..

Well, I have mixed feelings on Boss in general... but I won't be smacking on him unless I hear a yes/no on whether or not he will ever be able to play again. ;)

dogfish
11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I would be doing backflips if we got Mays :elefant:

me too. . . .

gobroncsnv
11-03-2008, 11:00 PM
~G

SOMEONE needed to tackle Ricky after an easily interceptible (new word, look it up...) floated past him... All Green had to do was turn around, wave his arms, kick out a hip a la Reggie Jackson, almost ANYTHING could have prevented that completion down to the 2 yard line, let alone catch one of those wounded duck excuses Pennington throws... That put the Dolphins into an insurmountable lead with Brown's subsequent TD.
I'm not sure if he's coached to let the ball pass him by like that, or if it was just native ability. (you just can't TEACH that... or I mean, you SHOULDN'T teach that) Did it remind anyone of the circa 2002 or 03 play when the Bengals beat us because O'Neal didn't play the ball? Painful, miserable, sorry pass defense. I mean, like Ricky Williams is gonna put on a double move??? But, it was consistent with the quality of almost every other player we had on the field yesterday.

red98
11-04-2008, 02:28 AM
SOMEONE needed to tackle Ricky after an easily interceptible (new word, look it up...) floated past him... All Green had to do was turn around, wave his arms, kick out a hip a la Reggie Jackson, almost ANYTHING could have prevented that completion down to the 2 yard line, let alone catch one of those wounded duck excuses Pennington throws... That put the Dolphins into an insurmountable lead with Brown's subsequent TD.
I'm not sure if he's coached to let the ball pass him by like that, or if it was just native ability. (you just can't TEACH that... or I mean, you SHOULDN'T teach that) Did it remind anyone of the circa 2002 or 03 play when the Bengals beat us because O'Neal didn't play the ball? Painful, miserable, sorry pass defense. I mean, like Ricky Williams is gonna put on a double move??? But, it was consistent with the quality of almost every other player we had on the field yesterday.

That must be number 52 you are talking about, you know,the one who never
turned around to look at the ball on that 4th qtr play?

I mean WTF! That was horrible, how do you not look back?

Green had a shot at an int on that, but blew it!

Man was that a bad play.

dogfish
11-04-2008, 02:35 AM
for a minute i thought ian gold was back out there-- and that's NOT a compliment!

:doh:

ikillz0mbies
11-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Laurinaitis!!! I wouldn't mind Mays...