PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Passing judgment on Tim Tebow's weightlifting

TXBRONC
06-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Q&A: Passing judgment on Tim Tebow's weightlifting
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/14/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Q: Tim Tebow is probably unmatched as a weightlifter among NFL quarterbacks. But could Tebow's daily devotion to weightlifting adversely affect his accuracy as a passer?

A: Tebow's throwing motion is more extended than most quarterbacks. But his biggest issues are improving his anticipation and his footwork in the pocket. It's all a matter of timing. Broncos coach John Fox and executive John Elway want Tebow to throw the ball quicker. And part of that is having enough flexibility in the throwing shoulder to consistently deliver the ball to the right spot

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18265302

Quinn has the same problem.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 08:19 AM

I'd never noticed, but I went and looked at a few clips...he does. He doesn't bring the ball quite as far down to his hip as Tebow does, but he does have a long throwing motion.

Sweet, we have two mechanically-deficient first-round quarterbacks.

:duhwinning:

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 09:53 AM
TT's on Laura Ingraham's show today. He's sure doing the circuit. When's he practicing? Lol

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 09:56 AM
TT's on Laura Ingraham's show today. He's sure doing the circuit. When's he practicing? Lol

There's not a whole lot he can do outside of throwing for a little bit and then working out...

Plus, he has to sell that book as much as possible in case the day job doesn't work out. :listen:

BroncoJoe
06-14-2011, 10:02 AM

Tebow is the last person on the roster we need to worry about staying in shape.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Tebow is the last person on the roster we need to worry about staying in shape.its not the staying in shape I'm worried about. Playbook....timing....

Ravage!!!
06-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Tebow is the last person on the roster we need to worry about staying in shape.

who cares about staying in shape? I want him to get that damn footworkd and throwing down. Work on accuracy and his delivery.

Now that being said.. I know he cant' be doing that all day long or anything. But being in shape is not what Im concerned with on Tebow. Its everything ELSE about the position. :beer:

BroncoJoe
06-14-2011, 10:17 AM
its not the staying in shape I'm worried about. Playbook....timing....

who cares about staying in shape? I want him to get that damn footworkd and throwing down. Work on accuracy and his delivery.

Now that being said.. I know he cant' be doing that all day long or anything. But being in shape is not what Im concerned with on Tebow. Its everything ELSE about the position. :beer:

With the lockout, just how do you suggest he does that?

We've seen plenty of articles showing he is working with his receivers.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:24 AM

With britt. Now how about the starters?

RebelRocker
06-14-2011, 10:34 AM

Which is useless, if he doesn't have the new playbook. That goes for any guy that doesn't have a playbook yet.

GEM
06-14-2011, 10:44 AM

I guessed you missed the page that stated that he flew all of the STARTERS to Jacksonville.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2011, 10:50 AM
I guessed you missed the page that stated that he flew all of the STARTERS to Jacksonville.

He reads stuff with a blind eye. Unless it's Orton's stats...

BroncoJoe
06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Which is useless, if he doesn't have the new playbook. That goes for any guy that doesn't have a playbook yet.

Nearly all teams got playbooks out to players during the 24-48 hour hiatus. Besides, we've got the same offensive coordinator so I'd guess there's only slight modifications to the plays.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:52 AM
He reads stuff with a blind eye. Unless it's Orton's stats...
You type pretty good for only having one free hand.

;)

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Oh, ok. Then all's well then.

:rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
You type pretty good for only having one free hand.

I can't help the fact I'm in touch with myself. :cool:

TXBRONC
06-14-2011, 10:58 AM

You mean like Orton did with Decker? In fact I haven't heard any recent news of Orton doing anything more since that workout that Dawkins organized about a month ago.

GEM
06-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Oh, ok. Then all's well then.

Don't misrepresent that he's only working with backups and you won't get called on it.

He showed up and threw to starters AND he flew the starters to Jax and threw to them again.

Just ignore the facts, it's easier that way.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Don't misrepresent that he's only working with backups and you won't get called on it.

He showed up and threw to starters AND he flew the starters to Jax and threw to them again.

Or attack me.

I have my facts.

He's spent most of the offseason playing catch with britt. How many games has he suited up with denver? How many games/catches does decker have?

Thought so.

TXBRONC
06-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Or attack me.

I have my facts.

He's spent most of the offseason playing catch with britt. How many games has he suited up with denver? How many games/catches does decker have?

Thought so.

You haven't been attacked yet RC.

BroncoStud
06-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Well, thanks to the absolute BRILLIANCE of Josh McDaniels last season Tebow got no practice reps throwing the ball until the week Orton got benched.

It's probably fairly difficult to develop timing and anticipation when you aren't getting reps in practice.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Or attack me.

I have my facts.

Thought so.

Come on, man!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6608302&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Week-long practices with Gaffney, Britt and Lloyd. Decker couldn't show up and Thomas and Royal still can't practice.

The receivers that did attend considered it such a success that the group plans to reconvene again in another week or so in Arizona for two weeks of intensive workouts.

If they go through two weeks of workouts this is actually MORE than they would normally have with OTAs.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Well, thanks to the absolute BRILLIANCE of Josh McDaniels last season Tebow got no practice reps throwing the ball until the week Orton got benched.

It's probably fairly difficult to develop timing and anticipation when you aren't getting reps in practice.

Backups don't get reps. That's not a McDaniels-only thing.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2011, 11:17 AM

While this is true, McDaniels took it to an extreme. Most reports I've read state people/coaches/players/journalists were shocked how little (if at all) the QB back-ups in Denver were able to practice with the 1st team.

GEM
06-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Or attack me.

I have my facts.

Thought so.

Where did I attack you? I said what you stated is absolutely wrong. That is not an attack. :rolleyes:

He's been allowed to suit up 3. He's a rookie, duh. What does Decker's catches have to do with him throwing to starters in an offseason where OTA's aren't allowed?

Grasping, RC.

All I said was don't outright lie and set out misconceptions that have already been proven to be incorrect.

Ravage!!!
06-14-2011, 11:21 AM
You don't need the play book to work on pass routes and throwing the ball. EVERY system in the NFL and college has the exact same routes.

As far as "how is Tebow going to work on his passing?" What do you mean, how? You can get coaches to work with you. You can work on your own. Staying in shape is the last of my worries for Tebow's play. It's everything else involved with QB'ing that is the concern on him. His footwork was much worse than I had expected it to be. His throwing motion is blown out of proportion, BUT.... thats because he hasn't thrown from the pocket much....yet.

I'm not even saying he's NOT doing this. I'm just responding to the point that "the last thine we need to worry about is Tebow staying in shape."

I really wonder just how much Tebow really is dedicated to changing his throwing motion, however. I mean, he knew since his freshman year in college that his throwing motion was too elongated for the NFL. He specifically said between his junior and senior years in college that he was going to work on that (in response to NFL scouts criticizing his throwing motion).... and never did. After having such a long time to work on it, and having the money and available coaches to work on it, yet never did, makes a person question if he really WANTS to work and change it. Afterall, no one is questioning his work ethic

BroncoStud
06-14-2011, 11:22 AM

I think it was Trent Dilfer that said something like out of 40 reps in practice the backup usually gets about 5, the 3rd stringer usually none, as per his experience in the NFL.

Sadly, that was 5 more reps than our backups got last season. To me, it's almost insanity to consider you have a starting QB who has NEVER finished a season healthy yet you won't give either backup throwing reps in practice... Pure statistics say that at some point you're going to have someone taking live snaps that isn't the starter during the season. I read an article out of Indy a few months back that claims Manning went to ownership and said he wanted his backups to start taking more reps in practice to help preserve his arm. I would imagine it gets brutal the older you get to keep slinging it.

nevcraw
06-14-2011, 11:23 AM
You haven't been attacked yet RC.

yet is right.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2011, 11:25 AM
You don't need the play book to work on pass routes and throwing the ball. EVERY system in the NFL and college has the exact same routes.

As far as "how is Tebow going to work on his passing?" What do you mean, how? You can get coaches to work with you. You can work on your own. Staying in shape is the last of my worries for Tebow's play. It's everything else involved with QB'ing that is the concern on him. His footwork was much worse than I had expected it to be. His throwing motion is blown out of proportion, BUT.... thats because he hasn't thrown from the pocket much....yet.

I'm not even saying he's NOT doing this. I'm just responding to the point that "the last thine we need to worry about is Tebow staying in shape."

I really wonder just how much Tebow really is dedicated to changing his throwing motion, however. I mean, he knew since his freshman year in college that his throwing motion was too elongated for the NFL. He specifically said between his junior and senior years in college that he was going to work on that (in response to NFL scouts criticizing his throwing motion).... and never did. After having such a long time to work on it, and having the money and available coaches to work on it, yet never did, makes a person question if he really WANTS to work and change it. Afterall, no one is questioning his work ethic

I guess you missed all the articles on how Tebow has put in countless hours refining his throwing motion.

Besides, even Elway has stated Tim's throwing motion is at the bottom of his list (in not so many words).

TXBRONC
06-14-2011, 11:33 AM
yet is right.

I was waiting for you to get here so that we could both verbally attack RC. :D

Just kidding RC. (seriously)

Davii
06-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm sure he's getting in plenty of work. Anyone remember how much his throwing motion improved before the draft, I'm sure he's working just as hard now. Footwork and throwing motions are things he can quirk on without having all the receivers there, so I'm sure he's getting it in. I read where he said he's been working "under center" all offseason, said he's taken no snaps in shotgun, this tells me he knows his weakness and is working.

If there are things to doubt about Tebow his work ethic and drive aren't among them. I have full confidence that he's working hard, we'll just have to wait for the results.

Ravage!!!
06-14-2011, 11:40 AM
I guess you missed all the articles on how Tebow has put in countless hours refining his throwing motion.

Besides, even Elway has stated Tim's throwing motion is at the bottom of his list (in not so many words).

Yeah. Because I heard this about him his junior year. I heard about this before the draft... and then saw the exact same thing when he started at the end of last season. So if he's truly .. TRULY... spending "countless hours" (I'm pretty sure I could count them) working on this throwing motion, and has been since before the draft (as was reported as well)... we would SURELY see something change by now.. right? We would have seen something change by the 13th game of the season, if this is TRULY something he's been spending ALLLLL this time on. If not, then all those "countless" hours have gone to waste (unless you are saying that Tebow is a slow learner).

As far as Elway's words... yeah, I would like to see that since you say " in not so many words." Because that tells me that's how YOU may be interpreting those words. Not to mention, it would make all the difference as to the context of that statement, what Elway was responding to, and what else was said.

Davii
06-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah. Because I heard this about him his junior year. I heard about this before the draft... and then saw the exact same thing when he started at the end of last season. So if he's truly .. TRULY... spending "countless hours" (I'm pretty sure I could count them) working on this throwing motion, and has been since before the draft (as was reported as well)... we would SURELY see something change by now.. right? We would have seen something change by the 13th game of the season, if this is TRULY something he's been spending ALLLLL this time on. If not, then all those "countless" hours have gone to waste (unless you are saying that Tebow is a slow learner).

As far as Elway's words... yeah, I would like to see that since you say " in not so many words." Because that tells me that's how YOU may be interpreting those words. Not to mention, it would make all the difference as to the context of that statement, what Elway was responding to, and what else was said.

He had shown quite a bit of improvement, hell watch that espn piece following Tebow up to the draft, it's evident even in that.

slim
06-14-2011, 11:58 AM

It has been reported that he was getting NO reps in practice.

It's asking a lot of a rookie QB to start week 14, with NO practice during the year, and ask him to look sharp.

There is not really much to judge him on at this point.

Ravage!!!
06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
He had shown quite a bit of improvement, hell watch that espn piece following Tebow up to the draft, it's evident even in that.

Hell, watch the tapes of the games. The ESPN piece doesn't mean anything.

Ravage!!!
06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
It has been reported that he was getting NO reps in practice.

It's asking a lot of a rookie QB to start week 14, with NO practice during the year, and ask him to look sharp.

There is not really much to judge him on at this point.

Well, getting reps with the offense doesn't really mean he wasn't practicing. The things I'm referring to doesn't even refer to the 'reading' of defenses because thats what you work on when working with the offense.

But I agree, there isn't much to judge him on, and not really criticizing. I'm questioning whether or not he REALLY has a desire to change what he's been doing. Although he's a great guy, that doesn't mean that he feels what he's been doing is "good enough" and doesn't really have the DRIVE to want to change it like he has the drive to work on other aspects of his game. When a person deep down doesn't really desire something, they will naturally work on something else. Although some (not you) around here feel otherwise, Tebow is human.

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 12:07 PM

He has been working out with his brother on this drop backs and throwing. This was in a previous article about him. He does it almost everyday.

Lonestar
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Nearly all teams got playbooks out to players during the 24-48 hour hiatus. Besides, we've got the same offensive coordinator so I'd guess there's only slight modifications to the plays.

Fox has said they are using the same playbacks and terminology that Mc Coy is familiar with as are all the player except the rookies..

He added there may be some more running plays added to last years book.

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM

He flew Britt, Gaffney, and Lloyd out to Florida to work out.

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 12:09 PM

The day the lockout was lifted all the players got playbooks, including Tebow. They were handed out and mailed out.

Lonestar
06-14-2011, 12:16 PM

Could have been he missed the article about that.

Not everyone has time to devote all day to the forum OR the broncos

There was indeed one WR that could not make it due to other commitments..

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
If you want to keep bringing up mechanics, do I need to say PHILIP RIVERS. His throwing motion is considered very ugly, but look at him, one of the top 5 QBs in the league (or so). So knocking his throwing motion saying he cant make it is a horrible argument, it also goes with saying a lefty is a horrible QB (Steve Young), or a very mobile QB makes a bad QB (Vick).

Lonestar
06-14-2011, 12:20 PM

I suspect that in some places they do IN case numero uno goes down. (fragile QB)

But then those teams with established QB, and WR need less time to work with each other.

GEM
06-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Could have been he missed the article about that.

Not everyone has time to devote all day to the forum OR the broncos

There was indeed one WR that could not make it due to other commitments..

Yea....Decker....who isn't a starter. :lol: Should I go back and find the thread on Tebow flying the starters out? Because I remember RC being heavily involved in the discussion.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 12:21 PM
If you want to keep bringing up mechanics, do I need to say PHILIP RIVERS. His throwing motion is considered very ugly, but look at him, one of the top 5 QBs in the league (or so). So knocking his throwing motion saying he cant make it is a horrible argument, it also goes with saying a lefty is a horrible QB (Steve Young), or a very mobile QB makes a bad QB (Vick).

The two aren't comparable, though...Philip Rivers' motion is awkward, but its quick. The problem with Tebow's is that its long, though its actually fairly text book when he reaches the true throwing motion with the ball cocked.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 12:22 PM
I suspect that in some places they do IN case numero uno goes down. (fragile QB)

But then those teams with established QB, and WR need less time to work with each other.

The quarterback who is starting the following Sunday of that practice is the one that gets the reps. Its pretty universal.

Lonestar
06-14-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm sure he's getting in plenty of work. Anyone remember how much his throwing motion improved before the draft, I'm sure he's working just as hard now. Footwork and throwing motions are things he can quirk on without having all the receivers there, so I'm sure he's getting it in. I read where he said he's been working "under center" all offseason, said he's taken no snaps in shotgun, this tells me he knows his weakness and is working.

If there are things to doubt about Tebow his work ethic and drive aren't among them. I have full confidence that he's working hard, we'll just have to wait for the results.
Good post.
I also think his other weakness is reading the pre snap defense. I think we all know that after the snap he is pretty good at getting out of trouble.

Lonestar
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
The day the lockout was lifted all the players got playbooks, including Tebow. They were handed out and mailed out.

I do not think they mail those things pretty sure those that showed up got them..

Mays said in an article in the post the other day he would glady share his with those that did not get them..

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Good post.
I also think his other weakness is reading the pre snap defense. I think we all know that after the snap he is pretty good at getting out of trouble.

That's his best asset. I can't ever come up with anything to back this up, but I bet he throws well on the run too.

I think those two things are what has fans, especially Broncos fans, excited...we all know why. (He who shall not be compared to)

Davii
06-14-2011, 12:37 PM
That's his best asset. I can't ever come up with anything to back this up, but I bet he throws well on the run too.

I think those two things are what has fans, especially Broncos fans, excited...we all know why. (He who shall not be compared to)

Wasn't he who shall not be compared too also knocked for throwing motion his first few years in the league?

What about Farve? His throwing motion sucked him right into the record books and a sure 1st ballot hall of fame selection.

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 12:37 PM
I do not think they mail those things pretty sure those that showed up got them..

Mays said in an article in the post the other day he would glady share his with those that did not get them..

It was stated in several articles about several teams mailing them out, so that their teams could actually have them, since they knew the following day was another court hearing that could put the lockout back on. SO unless every article was false, they were mailed out.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Wasn't he who shall not be compared too also knocked for throwing motion his first few years in the league?

What about Farve? His throwing motion sucked him right into the record books and a sure 1st ballot hall of fame selection.

I wasn't old enough...but he had a long throwing motion, but he also had a cannon. I don't know if Tebow has a "cannon."

LordTrychon
I think it was Trent Dilfer that said something like out of 40 reps in practice the backup usually gets about 5, the 3rd stringer usually none, as per his experience in the NFL.

Sadly, that was 5 more reps than our backups got last season. To me, it's almost insanity to consider you have a starting QB who has NEVER finished a season healthy yet you won't give either backup throwing reps in practice... Pure statistics say that at some point you're going to have someone taking live snaps that isn't the starter during the season. I read an article out of Indy a few months back that claims Manning went to ownership and said he wanted his backups to start taking more reps in practice to help preserve his arm. I would imagine it gets brutal the older you get to keep slinging it.

I thought I remembered Elway saying Kubes got close to 25% of the snaps, but I could be wrong.

NightTerror218

I thought fans wanted to see the jump pass? :confused:

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 12:46 PM
I thought fans wanted to see the jump pass? :confused:

The jump pass is pretty sweet.

http://news.jacksonville.com/swampscoop/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/tebow-jump-pass.jpg

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2011, 01:01 PM
The issue of his bulk is so overblown it amazes me how ignorant it's become. Unless he's built like this....

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx283/AlexArdenti/Alex_Ardenti_Dexter%20Jackson/Dexter_Jackson_Unbreakable_DVD_A-4.jpg

we've got nothing to worry about. As long as he's doing a lot of stretching his flexibility should be fine.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 01:20 PM

Leave it to y'all to turn a Tebow thread into another mcd/orton hatefest.

Let it be known, it weren't I that turned this thread.

Ya bunch o dang hypocrites! :laugh:

WARHORSE
Tebow does need to bring it down in the weightlifting area imo.

It WILL begin to adversely effect his throwing motion. Same reason some of those who lift alot of weights cant scratch their own backs.

rcsodak
You haven't been attacked yet RC.I'll be the judge of that. :lol:

RebelRocker
06-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Correction. He only flew Lloyd, Gaffney and Britt to Florida. Only two(soon to be one because Decker will probably overtake Gaffney as the #2) starters were flown out.

Just had to make the correction:D

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Where did I attack you? I said what you stated is absolutely wrong. That is not an attack. :rolleyes:

He's been allowed to suit up 3. He's a rookie, duh. What does Decker's catches have to do with him throwing to starters in an offseason where OTA's aren't allowed?

Grasping, RC.

All I said was don't outright lie and set out misconceptions that have already been proven to be incorrect.
There you go again with your "lies" accusation.
Doesn't it get old being proven wrong?

Tebow said in an interview, I'm sure its here on the boards, as EVERYTHING he says gets quoted here, that he's spent the offseason throwing to mr nobody (my words) britt. And it wasn't until recently he got with the rest.

Wow! And all of this because I made a funny (note emoticon) quip about his tv/radio tour.

Y'all REALLY need to take a reality pill.

Or 10.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 01:33 PM
yet is right.:yawn:

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
I was waiting for you to get here so that we could both verbally attack RC. :D

Just kidding RC. (seriously)

You scare me.
Craw makes me laugh.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Correction. He only flew Lloyd, Gaffney and Britt to Florida. Only two(soon to be one because Decker will probably overtake Gaffney as the #2) starters were flown out.

Just had to make the correction:D

He's not, and won't be for the beginning of the season, in fact he's most likely the fourth receiver going in, assuming Thomas won't play at all this season.

And Decker was the one with the prior engagement, so its not like Tebow singled Decker out and said, "I'm not inviting him."

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Iirc, last year, elway said he wasn't so worried about the motion inasmuch as he was about the release. He wants a quick release and if TT can do that, the motion didn't matter as much.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Tebow said in an interview, I'm sure its here on the boards, as EVERYTHING he says gets quoted here, that he's spent the offseason throwing to mr nobody (my words) britt. And it wasn't until recently he got with the rest.

Wow! And all of this because I made a funny (note emoticon) quip about his tv/radio tour.

Or 10.

How is that different than any other quarterback on any other team (In any other season)?

If they both happen to live in Jacksonville, they might work out together each week. Even during a regular off season, a quarterback might work with his full set of receivers only two or three times for just a few days at a time.

And we need the reality pill?

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Now hes too strong.... mkay

Maybe some of the amateurs around here haven't noticed, but TT is a HYBRID QB. Hes not supposed to be built like a skinny cracker QB yall!

Never seen so much negative speculation WITH NO PROOF. All this shit about his motion is speculative. It has never been a problem before and so far in the NFL he has shown that he belongs and has had no fumble problems with his motion.

The stronger the BETTER. The bigger the BETTER.

Everyone is scouring the earth to find some criticism on Timmy ever since he was drafted as a first rounder... with this crap the critics have finally hit the bottom of the barrel.

Now hes TOO strong?

**** I can not WAIT for Timmay to put all this jackassery to bed. Longest offseason ever!!!

For all the Bronco fans that like Tim but are willing to settle for a downgraded semi-decaf version of Tebow-lite in their minds needs to reach down, grab their sac(for some that would be figurative) and BELIEVE that Tebow is every bit as good as advertised. Dare to dream! Invest your whole heart! It will only be that much sweeter when he delivers.

Its been said if TT doesn't pan out ill look stupid... ok ill accept that(mostly because hes a lock to be a HoF lol) But id WAY rather go to bat for a player and be wrong about his success than be the guy that is a constant hater who ends up looking retarded! Dont be that guy. "Oh that Elway sucks! all hype! He aint done shit in the NFL! Go Steve DeBerg!" =/ dont be that guy.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Now hes too strong.... mkay

Maybe some of the amateurs around here haven't noticed, but TT is a HYBRID QB. Hes not supposed to be built like a skinny cracker QB yall!

Never seen so much negative speculation WITH NO PROOF. All this shit about his motion is speculative. It has never been a problem before and so far in the NFL he has shown that he belongs and has had no fumble problems with his motion.

The stronger the BETTER. The bigger the BETTER.

Everyone is scouring the earth to find some criticism on Timmy ever since he was drafted as a first rounder... with this crap the critics have finally hit the bottom of the barrel.

Now hes TOO strong?

**** I can not WAIT for Timmay to put all this jackassery to bed. Longest offseason ever!!!

For all the Bronco fans that like Tim but are willing to settle for a downgraded semi-decaf version of Tebow-lite in their minds needs to reach down, grab their sac(for some that would be figurative) and BELIEVE that Tebow is every bit as good as advertised. Dare to dream! Invest your whole heart! It will only be that much sweeter when he delivers.

Critics aren't scouring the Earth trying to find something wrong with him. They've been measuring passing quarterbacks for 30 years now. It's not hard to know what mechanical attributes a quarterback needs to have. And there is such a thing as being too big when you're going to be doing a rotating motion, whether it be pitching in MLB, quarterback in NFL, a professional tennis player or even a professional golfer.

He was a great college quarterback, but he won't revolutionize professional football. If Mike Vick can't revolutionize the position into "hybrid" neither will Tebow. Therefore he has to fit into the system, and learn to throw the football efficiently and accurately.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:00 PM
He has been working out with his brother on this drop backs and throwing. This was in a previous article about him. He does it almost everyday.
Oh! What are we worred about, then.

:lol:

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Critics aren't scouring the Earth trying to find something wrong with him. They've been measuring passing quarterbacks for 30 years now. It's not hard to know what mechanical attributes a quarterback needs to have. And there is such a thing as being too big when you're going to be doing a rotating motion, whether it be pitching in MLB, quarterback in NFL, a professional tennis player or even a professional golfer.

He was a great college quarterback, but he won't revolutionize professional football. If Mike Vick can't revolutionize the position into "hybrid" neither will Tebow. Therefore he has to fit into the system, and learn to throw the football efficiently and accurately.

As of matter of fact it is the size, strength and durability that will help Tebow revolutionize the league over Vick... Vick doesn't have the durability to be a hybrid... hes a gifted athlete but lacks the impact absorbing ability TT has. Vick would be too injury prone as a hybrid. If Vick had the duribilty of TT youd better believe that he would revolutionize the NFL.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:06 PM
It was stated in several articles about several teams mailing them out, so that their teams could actually have them, since they knew the following day was another court hearing that could put the lockout back on. SO unless every article was false, they were mailed out.

Didn't you say earlier they didn't have them???

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
As of matter of fact it is the size, strength and durability that will help Tebow revolutionize the league over Vick... Vick doesn't have the durability to be a hybrid... hes a gifted athlete but lacks the impact absorbing ability TT has. Vick would be too injury prone as a hybrid. If Vick had the duribilty of TT youd better believe that he would revolutionize the NFL.

What exactly is he going to do that is going to revolutionize the league? What exact skill is going to somehow change how defenses will have to gameplan?

His size on third and 1?

You may not have any clue about this, but essentially what Tebow ran at Florida was the Wing-T offense, and there's a reason the Wing-T isn't run in the NFL anymore.

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Or 10.

RC why do you hate Elway and love Steve Deberg so much? =(

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
What exactly is he going to do that is going to revolutionize the league? What exact skill is going to somehow change how defenses will have to gameplan?

His size on third and 1?

You may not have any clue about this, but essentially what Tebow ran at Florida was the Wing-T offense, and there's a reason the Wing-T isn't run in the NFL anymore.

I explained this once before on here let me go and find it and repost it here brb

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Yup, he just went with the "He who should not be compared to" comparison.

:tsk:

RebelRocker
06-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Good post, man. I couldn't have said it better, myself.

The big misconception, we as fans, have about Tebow is that we think they can make plays all the time with his feet because he did it in college. Unless you have 4.3 speed, you can't be a true "dual threat" QB in this league.

Tebow ran 13 times in the season finale against San Diego. Did he make some plays? Yes. But did he also risk getting seriously injured? Absolutely. He'd have a better completion percentage if he stayed in the pocket and made the plays with his arm. If he keeps this "dual threat" style, he will be out of the league sooner than you think because of serious injuries. I don't want a young QB like him have his career ruined because he couldn't make the tough conversions with his arm, so he tried running and get a career ending injury.

I don't want to have to risk that with our potential franchise QB.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:11 PM
How is that different than any other quarterback on any other team (In any other season)?

If they both happen to live in Jacksonville, they might work out together each week. Even during a regular off season, a quarterback might work with his full set of receivers only two or three times for just a few days at a time.

And we need the reality pill?
You're late to the dance, mo. Shhh

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
This is one of the reason i think TT will revolutionize the league. Posted it like 2 months ago
---------------

good point carol. but payton manning plays an entirly different game. his game is cat and mouse BEFORE the snap. shifts, audibles and checks based on presnap defensive looks.

TT on the other hand is a post snap decider. no guessing game there.. the D in this phase is already commited and indeed doing what they are going to do. TT is a reactive player. so he first sees what they are doing(not guessing before hand when it really is an art)and then reacts accordingly. Payton manning could not operate this way. because once the ball is snapped and they didnt run the ball there is no going back.. he cant decide what to do with the ball other than his passing progression... so whats the point. TT can hold initiative until its clear what the best option is run or pass.

think about this.. once you hand off the ball to a RB you are commited to running the ball that play very early in the play..or vice versa when the RB doesnt get the hand off and picks up the blitz or goes out you are commited to the pass....

the beauty of a TT style QB is that you dont have to commit to anything until later in the play when the D begins to break down.

so what you said rings true... but only for the presnap/D recognition type (which until now is everyone) Not for the new breed.

like Bruce lees style, the way of the intercepting fist lol. let the opponent first commit to their attack, then counter where they are weak. that 6 yard game winner against houston is a perfect example. first the coaches call a designed play, presnap TT calls for a blitz pickup nothing special... then takes the snap and rolls right... sees the guys not open and reads the Ds flow... sees they are flowing with him to the right... and he recognizes that the DB and linebacker that is responsible for the leftside contain has their back turned in coverage... he also sees that clady(i think) has a semi solid seal on the DE and he instantly knows that if he takes off left then no one will catch him in time... that wasnt a called play. that was a sack for orton... a well defensed play to most any other QB but an easy TD for TT.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:15 PM
has had no fumble problems with his motion.

He was stripped during the Houston game while holding the ball really low, so yes, he's had a problem with it. One in three games, amounts to about five a season. Those are game-changing plays.

Two of the best outside linebackers in the league, Shaun Phillips and Tamba Hali, are in this division, and especially Hali, is known for streaking around the outside and stripping the ball if a quarterback is holding it too low. And Tebow does that on every play. That's a huge question mark.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Yup, he just went with the "He who should not be compared to" comparison.

:tsk:
You just had to open that door..... :tsk:

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
TT on the other hand is a post snap decider. no guessing game there.. the D in this phase is already commited and indeed doing what they are going to do. TT is a reactive player. so he first sees what they are doing(not guessing before hand when it really is an art)and then reacts accordingly. Payton manning could not operate this way. because once the ball is snapped and they didnt run the ball there is no going back.. he cant decide what to do with the ball other than his passing progression... so whats the point. TT can hold initiative until its clear what the best option is run or pass.

think about this.. once you hand off the ball to a RB you are commited to running the ball that play very early in the play..or vice versa when the RB doesnt get the hand off and picks up the blitz or goes out you are commited to the pass....

the beauty of a TT style QB is that you dont have to commit to anything until later in the play when the D begins to break down.

so what you said rings true... but only for the presnap/D recognition type (which until now is everyone) Not for the new breed.

Denver's new playbook: Dance around for three seconds and then run. Sounds like a sweet plan dude.

Shananahan
06-14-2011, 02:20 PM
That Bullgator post is one of the funniest things I've read on this board in a long time.

RebelRocker
06-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Denver's new playbook: Dance around for three seconds and then run. Sounds like a sweet plan dude.

Don't forget about scrambling head first into multiple defenders.:beer:

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Interesting note on how long a quarterback has to make a correct read:
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/23/when-it-comes-to-holding-the-ball-joe-flacco-tops-ben-roethlisb/

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Using Hou's last ranked pass D as an example.....

PRICELESS.

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 02:26 PM

Well I thought you would be a lil bit smarter than that.

You dont want a plan in a must convert situation. Plans are made beforehand. They are a guess! their success is reliant on what the D does! Its gambling. What you want on a 3rd and 6 or goal is an intelligent REACTION to the D, not a plan. 11 on 11 not 10 on 11. exploit the mismatch.

TT will only play this style of hybrid in must situations. When we need the TD or fist down.

But you dont hear what im saying.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Well I thought you would be a lil bit smarter than that.

You dont want a plan in a must convert situation. Plans are made beforehand. They are a guess! their success is reliant on what the D does! Its gambling. What you want on a 3rd and 6 or goal is an intelligent REACTION to the D, not a plan. 11 on 11 not 10 on 11. exploit the mismatch.

TT will only play this style of hybrid in must situations. When we need the TD or fist down.

But you dont hear what im saying.

Like a super hero. Does he come complete with his very own phone booth?

Shananahan
06-14-2011, 02:29 PM
I'd like to hear more about Tebow fisting down.

slim
06-14-2011, 02:29 PM
He was stripped during the Houston game while holding the ball really low, so yes, he's had a problem with it. One in three games, amounts to about five a season. Those are game-changing plays.

Two of the best outside linebackers in the league, Shaun Phillips and Tamba Hali, are in this division, and especially Hali, is known for streaking around the outside and stripping the ball if a quarterback is holding it too low. And Tebow does that on every play. That's a huge question mark.

I don't think the fumble was the result of his throwing motion, MO. I could be wrong, but I don't remember it that way.

Besides, 5 fumbles per year is not that many (Tom Brady has average around 5 or 6 fumbles per year for his career).

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 02:30 PM
again for the slow people... you run a normal play, if the D is fooled great, IFNOT then TT has a whole nother option later in the play than say any other QB not named vick... BUT he can keep playing cuz hes not made of cardboard.

Say what you will... your time for shit talking is ending... how you will show your face on these boards ill never know.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Don't forget about scrambling head first into multiple defenders.:beer:
He was thinking he was elway in the SB. :lol:

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't think the fumble was the result of his throwing motion, MO. I could be wrong, but I don't remember it that way.

Besides, 5 fumbles per year is not that many (Tom Brady has average around 5 or 6 fumbles per year for his career).

I thought it was Mario Williams coming around Clady who reached in and knocked it away while he was holding it low.

My point was that if he learned to hold it up by his ear, then he wouldn't fumble and his throwing motion would be quicker.

Brady doesn't get stripped a lot like that...he gets stripped when he gets bull-rushed.

slim
06-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I thought it was Mario Williams coming around Clady who reached in and knocked it away while he was holding it low.

My point was that if he learned to hold it up by his ear, then he wouldn't fumble and his throwing motion would be quicker.

Brady doesn't get stripped a lot like that...he gets stripped when he gets bull-rushed.

Also, I would like to add that Brady likes dudes.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
again for the slow people... you run a normal play, if the D is fooled great, IFNOT then TT has a whole nother option later in the play than say any other QB not named vick... BUT he can keep playing cuz hes not made of cardboard.

Say what you will... your time for shit talking is ending... how you will show your face on these boards ill never know.

Yeah, the problem isn't the 10 percent of plays he has to improvise on. It's the 90 percent of plays where he has to get his timing and mechanic down on.

I'm not "shit talking" Tebow. These are the realities of a quarterback materializing into a good quarterback.

Shananahan
06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
I wonder what Bullgator thinks the huddle is all about prior to the snap.

Tebow: "Ok guys, just line up and then run around for awhile until I figure out what the defense is doing, on two!"

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Also, I would like to add that Brady likes dudes.

dgi2lY62Hto

Yeah...:tsk:

slim
06-14-2011, 02:37 PM

Tebow: "Ok guys, just line up and then run around for awhile until I figure out what the defense is doing, on two!"

Apparently, huddles are not necessary.

Neither is practice, playbooks or film study. After all, we don't need no stinking planning....we need action!

GEM
06-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Or 10.

He flew the starters out over a month ago.

Now, who is getting personal??

slim
06-14-2011, 02:38 PM
dgi2lY62Hto

:laugh:

Shananahan
06-14-2011, 02:43 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/image.php?u=266&dateline=1306875119

He's still got it.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd like to hear more about Tebow fisting down.
Uh oh......ball....cocking.....now this! :eek:

Lounge, here we cum!

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:50 PM

:laugh:

:rotfl:

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Tim Tebow: Dancing Queen

pXj4qON6qvg

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 02:53 PM

Ya because all the stuff actually works....ever heard of Tom Brady a 6th rounder that is one of the best in the league. O what about the former oakland QB that was suppose to be great but no the unemployed Russel. They might get 1 right every other draft. They seems to be right with Bradford and before that, Sanchez maybe, he has not been a bright spot yet. Before that Flacco and Ryan? And look at Clausen, he has everything perfect and he is not doing the job. He has almost perfect mechanic and release, he was thought to be a 1st rounder and now he may be a bench warmer backup for life.

I personally dont give a crap about the guys doing this for 30 years, they are always hit or miss. The guys who succeed are the ones who push them selves...like Brady, Manning, River, Brees, and a great example Warner. Tebow is one of these guys who pushes himself hard. He is not like a Russel who has the skills but not drive.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Tim Tebow: Dancing Queen

pXj4qON6qvg
I had such a large crush on the blonde.

Mmmmmm....

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Actually he holds it up by his year but when he throws he drops his arm like a baseball pitch, and then whips it out. Watch film on him. That is one think that he needs to fix, IMO.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Actually he holds it up by his year but when he throws he drops his arm like a baseball pitch, and then whips it out. Watch film on him. That is one think that he needs to fix, IMO.

I can't find video of the fumble, but I could have sworn he was carrying it down by his hip when he got stripped.

NightTerror218
06-14-2011, 03:00 PM
I can't find video of the fumble, but I could have sworn he was carrying it down by his hip when he got stripped.

when he starts to run he drops it down by his hip until he full out runs then he tucks it.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 03:02 PM
when he starts to run he drops it down by his hip until he full out runs then he tucks it.

Plenty of quarterbacks do that so they still have a chance to make a pass, and I've got no problem with that. I have this in my mind that it was on a five or seven step drop, and when he got to the back end of his drop, he dropped the ball down to his hip and got stripped. Just on that particular play.

RebelRocker
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
He flew the starters out over a month ago.

Now, who is getting personal??

No offense, but you should go back and read the article. He flew TWO starters out, not the entire offense. You make it sound like he flew the entire offense out to Florida.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
No offense, but you should go back and read the article. He flew TWO starters out, not the entire offense. You make it sound like he flew the entire offense out to Florida.

Come on, dude. Context?

RC was talking about him throwing to Britt all offseason and no other Broncos receivers. Gem responded by saying he flew the two starters out to Jacksonville, and offered to fly the fourth guy on the roster out too, but he had a prior engagement.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Come on, dude. Context?

RC was talking about him throwing to Britt all offseason and no other Broncos receivers. Gem responded by saying he flew the two starters out to Jacksonville, and offered to fly the fourth guy on the roster out too, but he had a prior engagement.
He's thrown to britt the MAJORITY of the offseason. A nobody, free agent pickup with 0 catches to his credit.

Context, dude. ;)

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 03:48 PM
He's thrown to britt the MAJORITY of the offseason. A nobody, free agent pickup with 0 catches to his credit.

Context, dude. ;)

Yeah, because he lives in Jacksonville. How hard is this to grasp for you? Brett Favre spent the last five years throwing to high school kids during the summers.

NFL quarterbacks don't shack up in a hotel with their entire receiving corp in the offseason so they can practice every day. They get together about two or three times for a few days at a time until camp. This season just happens to be different, because its not sanctioned and watched over by the teams.

GEM
06-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Hey Zeus H. Crimeny....reading is fundamental!

I didn't say the whole offense. The starters for WR. It was misconstrued that the only receiver he had passed to was Britt. Which is wrong. Is this just too hard for some to understand?

Lost cause.....why bring up the truth...made up stories are so much better.

He also showed up at team practices that Dawkins put together. Unless you were all in there and know that he ONLY threw to Britt during that time, it has been completely misrepresented.

GEM
06-14-2011, 04:08 PM

See....misrepresented. He has with the starters, not just with Britt.

Should read the whole thread before assuming.

nevcraw
06-14-2011, 04:20 PM
You scare me.
Craw makes me laugh.

thank goodness cuz you internet muscles scare me...

Davii
06-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah, because he lives in Jacksonville. How hard is this to grasp for you? Brett Favre spent the last five years throwing to high school kids during the summers.

NFL quarterbacks don't shack up in a hotel with their entire receiving corp in the offseason so they can practice every day. They get together about two or three times for a few days at a time until camp. This season just happens to be different, because its not sanctioned and watched over by the teams.

Honestly, he's probably gotten more in this year than a typical offseason to this point. We'll see how it turns out. There are teams working more and with more than the Broncos, but there are also less. All we can do is wait to see the results, them we can judge whether or not it was enough and with the correct focus.

TXBRONC
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
You scare me.
Craw makes me laugh.

That's good I expect you to be scared of me.

Dzone
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Is it unchristian to sneak a look at the playbook? If it is, we might have a problem.

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah, the problem isn't the 10 percent of plays he has to improvise on. It's the 90 percent of plays where he has to get his timing and mechanic down on.

I'm not "shit talking" Tebow. These are the realities of a quarterback materializing into a good quarterback.

well actually its that 10% of clutch plays that win championships. Its that 10% that you should question. Or did you forget Captain Unclutch in Kyle Orton last year? How'd that work out?

The 90% will come with snaps and will only get better and better. Contrary to popular belief, Tebow is a very Intellectual quarterback. He will break it down and master this offense as he has every other offense.

You guys in the Midwest (or anywhere other than Gainesville for that matter) don't really know that much about TT.All you know is the ridiculous over hyped media fluff. You get sick of hearing about him so you dont actually break down his plays at Florida and the offense he ran... and how he ran it. He called every play. He was given a base play that he would audible to the right play for what the defense showed. TT would recognize the mismatch and call the play. Very often he was the mismatch. Thats all the spread is its a way to get mismatches. When your QB is also your RB, you force the advantage back to your O because its now 11 on 11

You guys can joke around with the hero bit but he was called superman for a reason.

The dood is every bit as good as hyped and then some. It might annoy some cuz they are sick of hearing about Tebow. The truth is if you are a real Bronco fan you should be ******* jacked up.

write this shit down... put it in your sigs. Tim Tebow will change how the QB position will be played. Its the game evolving before your very eyes, as it has many times.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2011, 08:25 PM
I can not emphasize how much BETTER NFL defenses are than college defenses on a whole. Many players who have played/are playing/or will be playing defensive positions in college, have not/will not get drafted, or will ever play in the NFL. Therefore, to automatically feel that ANY rookie, or 2nd yr QB will turn the NFL upside down at that point in his career is TOTALLY going out on a limb.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I can not emphasize how much BETTER NFL defenses are than college defenses on a whole. Many players who have played/are playing/or will be playing defensive positions in college, have not/will not get drafted, or will ever play in the NFL. Therefore, to automatically feel that ANY rookie, or 2nd yr QB will turn the NFL upside down at that point in his career is B]TOTALLY[/B] going out on a limb.

You're much nicer than I...

Shananahan
06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I think my favorite part was when a guy who started following NFL football one year ago told everybody else all about how the game was going to evolve.

NorCalBronco7
06-14-2011, 08:33 PM
well actually its that 10% of clutch plays that win championships. Its that 10% that you should question. Or did you forget Captain Unclutch in Kyle Orton last year? How'd that work out?

The 90% will come with snaps and will only get better and better. Contrary to popular belief, Tebow is a very Intellectual quarterback. He will break it down and master this offense as he has every other offense.

You guys in the Midwest (or anywhere other than Gainesville for that matter) don't really know that much about TT.All you know is the ridiculous over hyped media fluff. You get sick of hearing about him so you dont actually break down his plays at Florida and the offense he ran... and how he ran it. He called every play. He was given a base play that he would audible to the right play for what the defense showed. TT would recognize the mismatch and call the play. Very often he was the mismatch. Thats all the spread is its a way to get mismatches. When your QB is also your RB, you force the advantage back to your O because its now 11 on 11

You guys can joke around with the hero bit but he was called superman for a reason.

The dood is every bit as good as hyped and then some. It might annoy some cuz they are sick of hearing about Tebow. The truth is if you are a real Bronco fan you should be ******* jacked up.

write this shit down... put it in your sigs. Tim Tebow will change how the QB position will be played. Its the game evolving before your very eyes, as it has many times.

Well, I hope your right about Tebow. But Im not holding my breathe. Many, many times running Qbs like Tebow have failed in the NFL. Im not going to say he will be anything in the NFL yet. He still has tons to prove to all Broncos fans. Keep that in mind.

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I can not emphasize how much BETTER NFL defenses are than college defenses on a whole. Many players who have played/are playing/or will be playing defensive positions in college, have not/will not get drafted, or will ever play in the NFL. Therefore, to automatically feel that ANY rookie, or 2nd yr QB will turn the NFL upside down at that point in his career is B]TOTALLY[/B] going out on a limb.

As difficult as it may be to believe, thats exactly what Im saying will happen. And you will see it happen this year. the pickle TT puts opposing Ds in is very VERY hard to scheme against. I dont care what league your in. Im telling you get pumped because its the NFL Dcords that are not ready for Tebow not the other way around.

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Well, I hope your right about Tebow. But Im not holding my breathe. Many, many times running Qbs like Tebow have failed in the NFL. Im not going to say he will be anything in the NFL yet. He still has tons to prove to all Broncos fans. Keep that in mind.

agreed Norcal, I can see being weary... but you can go ahead and get your hopes up lol its going to be a fun year to be a Bronco.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2011, 08:40 PM
You're much nicer than I...

Well - I already knew that :D

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 08:45 PM

Oh man, I missed this gem. This is some solid shit, right here!

I seriously haven't read one thing that makes me think he will change the position. Actually...if you REALLY want to get into some history of the game (I know you don't), there hasn't been a player truly revolutionize the game since Walter Camp.

Football is a team game. There's been a number of coaches who have revolutionized the game, but not many players. I doubt Tebow is one of those players.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
As difficult as it may be to believe, thats exactly what Im saying will happen. And you will see it happen this year. the pickle TT puts opposing Ds in is very VERY hard to scheme against. I dont care what league your in. Im telling you get pumped because its the NFL Dcords that are not ready for Tebow not the other way around.

Well - then I guess Mr. Bowlen can save himself some money, and fire all of the offensive coaches - as they will not be needed - there will be no need to put in an offensive game plan for the games, etc., etc., etc.

TXBRONC
06-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Is it unchristian to sneak a look at the playbook? If it is, we might have a problem.

No it's not unchristian.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
See....misrepresented. He has with the starters, not just with Britt.

Should read the whole thread before assuming.

You might start at pg1 and do the same. ;)

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:01 PM
thank goodness cuz you internet muscles scare me...
So there's a lot of us?

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Well - then I guess Mr. Bowlen can save himself some money, and fire all of the offensive coaches - as they will not be needed - there will be no need to put in an offensive game plan for the games, etc., etc., etc.
We need to have a tea sometime. ;)

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 10:06 PM

Never said that. Frames and schemes still need to be made. Plays need to be made. Experience is still needed.

but the decision should be made on the feild, in real time, AT the time its needed to be made. Not an educated guess before hand. IMO the QB position should quite naturally be also the off cord in real time.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Never said that. Frames and schemes still need to be made. Plays need to be made. Experience is still needed.

but the decision should be made on the feild, in real time, AT the time its needed to be made. Not an educated guess before hand. IMO the QB position should quite naturally be also the off cord in real time.

Yeah, preparation is so overrated when you're a sure fire Hall of Famer after just three games.

Signed,
Ryan Leaf

TXBRONC
06-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah, preparation is so overrated when you're a sure fire Hall of Famer after just three games.

Signed,
Ryan Leaf

MB it's a waste of time to prepare for games . ;)

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 10:14 PM
MB it's a waste of time to prepare for games . ;)
Signed Chris Simms

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2011, 10:19 PM

OK - then we can also eliminate sending in the plays REAL TIME to the QB from the sideline.

Bullgator
06-14-2011, 10:26 PM

Signed,
Ryan Leaf

The prep is done so that you know which play to choose in those moments. Don't act like you don't get what I'm saying Mizz.

MOtorboat
06-14-2011, 10:29 PM
The prep is done so that you know which play to choose in those moments. Don't act like you don't get what I'm saying Mizz.

No, I get it. I just don't think you get it.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2011, 10:58 PM
According to the following, TT did not call the offensive plays in college :confused:

Florida entered the game 76th in red-zone efficiency. Players and coaches attributed it to several things: Poor play by wide receivers and offensive linemen, the loss of Mullen and do-everything playmaker Percy Harvin, Tebow's recent concussion and new offensive coordinator Steve Addazio's play-calling.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/event/_/id/34148/college-football/1-florida-vs-mississippi-state

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2011, 11:00 PM
According to the following, TT did not call the offensive plays in college :confused:

http://espn.go.com/espn3/event/_/id/34148/college-football/1-florida-vs-mississippi-state

I understood that the play was called, but he had to make the reads, which meant he could audible and had to effectively run the triple option.

But no, I don't believe he was acting like Terry Bradshaw out there.

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 11:01 PM

Surely, the journalist is mistaken.

In fact, I hear the only reason whatshisdingy quit, is because he knew he'd never win another championship without TT.

Dzone
06-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Tebow is training his muscles for functional strength that carries over to the field...thats different than going to the gym and pumping up your biceps to look better at the beach..plus the bigger Tebow is, the harder he can hit defenders senseless without hurting himself

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Tebow is training his muscles for functional strength that carries over to the field...thats different than going to the gym and pumping up your biceps to look better at the beach..plus the bigger Tebow is, the harder he can hit defenders senseless without hurting himself
A FO guy (pkirwin)and an ex NFL guy (tryan)both said he needs to stop with the muscle just today, after his golf pic was mentioned.
You need fat to cushion hits. Muscles get damaged....fat does not.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2011, 11:23 PM
A FO guy (pkirwin)and an ex NFL guy (tryan)both said he needs to stop with the muscle just today, after his golf pic was mentioned.
You need fat to cushion hits. Muscles get damaged....fat does not.

That's the first I've heard of fat helping an athlete. :laugh:

rcsodak
06-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol
That part was me. :lol:
And I don't mean FAT!

But its true. ;)

NorCalBronco7
06-14-2011, 11:36 PM
OK - then we can also eliminate sending in the plays REAL TIME to the QB from the sideline.

REAL TIME

WARHORSE
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Lets just move to the new offense I designed.

No one else runs it and it will take the league by storm.

Its called the Bronco Fullback Option.

Problem is, you need a QB/Fullback type of athlete thats about 6'3", 245 or so, with functional speed and lots of power, a long windup style release and an ability to run the ball between the tackles while still being able to get outside.

Damn.:shocked:

Wish we had one of those guys.

:coffee:

frauschieze
06-15-2011, 12:09 AM

Pretty sure Jamarcus heard this. Really took it to heart.

RebelRocker
06-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Hey Zeus H. Crimeny....reading is fundamental!

I didn't say the whole offense. The starters for WR. It was misconstrued that the only receiver he had passed to was Britt. Which is wrong. Is this just too hard for some to understand?

Lost cause.....why bring up the truth...made up stories are so much better.

He also showed up at team practices that Dawkins put together. Unless you were all in there and know that he ONLY threw to Britt during that time, it has been completely misrepresented.

I wasn't the one that said he only threw to Britt. I'm just re-iterating what the article on ESPN said:D

Bullgator
06-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Lets just move to the new offense I designed.

No one else runs it and it will take the league by storm.

Its called the Bronco Fullback Option.

Problem is, you need a QB/Fullback type of athlete thats about 6'3", 245 or so, with functional speed and lots of power, a long windup style release and an ability to run the ball between the tackles while still being able to get outside.

Damn.:shocked:

Wish we had one of those guys.

:coffee:

A) thats why you should be jacked up... you have that... and B) hello Cam newton, Jake locker ect ect... the league knows. those type of QBS will be farm raised now.

and Carol by real time I mean DURING the play.

Shananahan
06-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Cam newton, Jake locker ect ect... the league knows. those type of QBS will be farm raised now.
You are truly the gift that keeps on giving.

RebelRocker
06-15-2011, 01:35 AM
You are truly the gift that keeps on giving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I think this sums up whatever comes out of Bullgator's mouth. lol

Bullgator
06-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Time will tell. enjoy yours, not much left for the haters.

NightTerror218
06-15-2011, 11:53 AM
I wonder if his muscle size is actually any bigger, he just looks a lil more ripped in the golfing photos.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Time will tell. enjoy yours, not much left for the haters.

I really don't believe that anyone on here is a hater of TT. Yes, he proved what he could do at the college level - and now, he needs to prove what he can do at the professional level, rather than automatically believing he will do the same at the pro level. To me, and I am sure to most others on here, not only TT, but all players, need to prove what they can do at the next level.

powderaddict
06-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I remember when we used to pump up our players, denigrate opponents, and cheers our guys on.

Maybe not as "realistic" as the modern fan, but man was it a heck of a lot more fun.

Go Tebow, and Go Broncos!

NorCalBronco7
06-15-2011, 01:54 PM
I remember when we used to pump up our players, denigrate opponents, and cheers our guys on.

Maybe not as "realistic" as the modern fan, but man was it a heck of a lot more fun.

Yeah......If this was an Orton thread Im sure you would have chimed in with something like this.....

I'm trying to care about what Orton wants, I really am, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

:lol: The double standard surrounding the Broncos Qbs is astounding here.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM

Here is the problem - your post would have much more credibility if you would have left out Go Tebow, and just stated Go Broncos.

rcsodak
06-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah......If this was an Orton thread Im sure you would have chimed in with something like this.....

:lol: The double standard surrounding the Broncos Qbs is astounding here.

Ain't it? ;)

powderaddict
06-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Here is the problem - your post would have much more credibility if you would have left out Go Tebow, and just stated Go Broncos.

I really don't care about "credibility", and last I checked Tebow is a Denver Bronco. I especially don't care about credibility with someone who has issues with me cheering on the Starting QB of my Denver Broncos.

I cheered Orton and was one of his biggest defenders for almost 2 years until he threw in the towel. If he starts week 1, guess what, Ill be saying Go Orton then too.
GO TEBOW
GO BRONCOS

GO away Orton

Denver Native (Carol)
06-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I really don't care about "credibility", and last I checked Tebow is a Denver Bronco. I especially don't care about credibility with someone who has issues with me cheering on the Starting QB of my Denver Broncos.

I cheered Orton and was one of his biggest defenders for almost 2 years until he threw in the towel. If he starts week 1, guess what, Ill be saying Go Orton then too.
GO TEBOW
GO BRONCOS

GO away Orton

Never have said that I have issues with you cheering on the starting QB, whoever that may be.

rcsodak
06-15-2011, 05:07 PM

GO TEBOW
GO BRONCOS

GO away Orton

So where's this earth shattering news?