PDA

View Full Version : W O W - C U Buffs Baby

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2007, 04:03 PM
FINAL - CU 27 - Oklahoma 24 - WAY TO GO CU :salute::salute:

BroncoAV06
09-29-2007, 04:12 PM
17-7 at half and I had to go to work. Man I wish I could of seen the end of that game!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2007, 04:22 PM
17-7 at half and I had to go to work. Man I wish I could of seen the end of that game!

45 yd field goal with 2 seconds left:salute:

Escobar
09-29-2007, 04:42 PM
saw the whole game, very nice win :beer::beer::beer:

Bronco Bible
09-29-2007, 04:44 PM
:salute:to CU way to go Buffalos:beer:

Watchthemiddle
09-29-2007, 05:44 PM
saw the whole game, very nice win :beer::beer::beer:

Me too. I was getting a little down when it was 24-7 just hoping CU could keep it close to beat the 21 or 22 point spread...and then they just started dominating the game.

CU totally and completely dominated the 2nd half of the game. For a team that averages 61 points a game, OU looked lost.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272720038

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) -- Just as Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops predicted, the third-ranked Sooners couldn't run it up on Colorado. In fact, the Sooners couldn't even beat the Buffaloes.

Kevin Eberhart kicked a career-long 45-yard field goal as time expired to send Colorado past the stunned Sooners 27-24 Saturday.

Shock And Awe Colorado Buffaloes

How shocking was Colorado's 27-24 victory over No. 3 Oklahoma? Consider this …
• In the last 5 meetings, OU won all 5 and outscored CU 156-44.
• In the previous 2 meetings, CU gained a TOTAL of 156 yds.
• CU had lost to 14 straight ranked teams.
• OU won its first 4 games by 69, 38, 51 and 41 for an average victory margin of 49.8.

It was the Buffaloes' first win over a top-five team since Dec. 1, 2001, when they bested Texas in the Big 12 title game.

After Eberhart's kick cleared the crossbar, the fans stormed the field as the dejected Sooners, who had blown a 24-7 second-half lead, walked off, their hopes of a national championship having taken a major hit.

The Sooners (4-1, 0-1) came in averaging a whopping 61.5 points to lead the nation. But behind a tough defense, the Buffs (3-2, 1-0) earned their biggest win under Dan Hawkins, who went 2-10 in his inaugural season last year.

The Buffaloes trailed 24-7 after Allen Patrick scored from 17 yards out following safety D.J. Wolfe's second interception of Buffs quarterback Cody Hawkins. His first one led to Juaquin Iglesias' 13-yard TD catch in the first half.

But Oklahoma, which had scored 50-plus points in each of their first four games, was stifled after that, and Colorado outgained the Sooners 219 yards to 46 in the second half.

Colorado began its comeback with Eberhart's 41-yarder to make it 24-10 in the third quarter.

After Ryan Walters picked off Sam Bradford, Hawkins hit Tyson DeVree for the score on fourth-and-goal from the 4, pulling Colorado to 24-17 on the first play of the fourth quarter.

Bradford, who was the second rated passer in the nation entering the game, finished 8-for-19 for 112 yards with two interceptions and was outplayed Hawkins, the Colorado coach's son.

The redshirt freshman was 22-for-36 for 219 yards and two touchdowns.

The Sooners gave the Buffs a huge assist in their comeback when Reggie Smith muffed a fair catch and Colorado's Justin Drescher recovered at the OU 16.

Four plays later, Colorado tied it on Hawkins' 15-yard touchdown strike to Dusty Sprague with 4:05 remaining.

What Happened? Oklahoma Sooners

It sure was not the same Oklahoma team on Saturday that had earned the No. 3 ranking with wins in its first four games.
1st 4 games Saturday
PPG 61.5 24
Total YPG 562.3 230
Pass YPG 310.0 112
Avg margin +49.8 -3

The Buffs forced another punt and Chase McBride's 33-yard return set up Colorado at midfield. Hawkins drove the Buffs to the 27, where Eberhart made the game-winner to give Colorado its biggest upset in years.

Oklahoma led 17-7 at halftime after managing just one long scoring drive, a three-play, 80-yarder that ended with Patrick's 34-yard TD run.

The Sooners went three-and-out on their first two possessions but got great field position on their next drive when Wolfe picked off Hawkins and returned it 33 yards to the Buffaloes 11.

The Sooners lost two yards on their first two runs, then Bradford hit Iglesias for a 13-yard touchdown -- and Oklahoma's first first down -- with 1:40 left in the first quarter for a 7-0 lead.

The Buffs tied it at 7 when pulling guard Devin Head opened a hole for tailback Hugh Charles, who scampered in from 25 yards out in the second quarter and finished with 110 yards on 24 carries.

The Buffs announced before the game that freshman tailback Brian Lockridge would sit out with a concussion, which he suffered at practice on Tuesday. Lockridge had been the Buffs' primary tailback since they burned the redshirt on him two weeks ago.

BroncoBJ
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I really wanted to pick them for the spread to. :lol
I kinda like OU as well.
oh well.
Great win CU.

Jody
09-29-2007, 10:17 PM
My spouse is in mourning. Ha Ha. Obviously rooting for OU.
Being a Husker's fan myself, I toast CU! :beer:

Good job mates! :D

Although, I LOVE OU, they needed a little humbling (and some of their fans as well).

Requiem / The Dagda
09-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks Colorado. I hate Oklahoma. :cool:

Simple Jaded
09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Coach Hawk coachin his ASS off!!!!

Watchthemiddle
09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Coach Hawk coachin his ASS off!!!!

Coach Hawk has OU's number going back to his Boise State days.

rcsodak
09-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Coach Hawk has OU's number going back to his Boise State days.

Ummmm....don't think they ever played, did they?:confused:

Watchthemiddle
09-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Ummmm....don't think they ever played, did they?:confused:

No they didn't actually. I was thinking they did in the Fiesta Bowl but Hawk wasn't the coach.

JRB
10-01-2007, 02:51 AM
What an amazing win. I don't think it's completely set in on how big this was. I mean for the Buffs to outplay and beat the #3 team in the country is incredible.

I think we have a legitimate chance at the Big XII North. Not that it will be easy though. Missouri, Nebraska, and Kansas State all have legitimate shots as well. Kansas is still a mystery to me. Sure they're 4-0, but they've played absolutely nobody. Any North team would be 4-0 with their schedule.... well, except maybe Iowa State.