PDA

View Full Version : LeBron, Wade feign illness before game

Denver Native (Carol)
06-10-2011, 04:22 PM
What a couple of JERKS :tsk:

DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki's sinus infection and the ensuing storyline apparently was a source of amusement for Miami Heat superstars Dwyane Wade and LeBron James before Game 5.

As they walked out of American Airlines Center after Thursday morning's shootaround, Wade and James pretended to cough and wheeze, smirking as they repeatedly covered their mouths with their shirts while being filmed by Miami CBS affiliate WFOR.

"Whoa, did y'all hear me cough? I think I'm sick," Wade said before turning toward James and chuckling.

This came two days after Nowitzki scored 21 points, including a critical driving layup in the last minute, while playing with a 101-degree fever during the Dallas Mavericks' NBA Finals-tying Game 4 win.

link shows both of them apparently mocking Dirk
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6648286

BroncoWave
06-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Guys making fun of other guys? Oh the humanity!

This makes them no different than any guy on the face of the planet.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Guys making fun of other guys? Oh the humanity!

This makes them no different than any guy on the face of the planet.

I don't know about you, but I have never made fun of someone when they were sick :confused:

chazoe60
06-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Those two fools don't deserve a ring. Wade's ring from 06(?) is tainted anyway IMO. The officiating in that series was the biggest crock of shot I have ever seen and the main reason I don't watchthe NBA anymore. I catch the occasional Nuggets game and I root for them but with the way the NBA is rigged they don't have much chance of winning it all.

I fully expect game 6 to be taken over by Stern's minions with whistles so as to guarantee a game 7. Bank on it.

BroncoWave
06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't know about you, but I have never made fun of someone when they were sick :confused:

I see guys make fun of other guys for worse literally every single day. This is absolutely not news to me. If these were any players other than LeBron/Wade literally not a single person would care. But since LeBron is involved the media has to make a story out of it and his haters will eat it right up. This could not be less of a big deal.

Ravage!!!
06-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Come on Chaz.. blaming the officiating is the lowest of the low when it comes to complaints. Thats the worst in the sour-grapes

BroncoWave
06-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Come on Chaz.. blaming the officiating is the lowest of the low when it comes to complaints. Thats the worst in the sour-grapes

I dunno, as an impartial observer of that series, it was pretty bad. Wade shattered the record for most FT attempts in an NBA finals. I think he shot something like 96 FTs in that series, which is pretty absurd. They were literally letting Wade do whatever he wanted.

Ravage!!!
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
DIdn't watch it, but I don't think it matters to my point of view. Everyone wants to complain about the officiating. THats just what people do. I just think its the lamest excuse in the book, and never blame the refs (except on that Punt return by the runt for the Chiefs a few years back)

It may have been bad.. maybe not...but thats never the reason one team won the entire game..especially a series.

But when the series goes to 7, its NOT going to be because the refs "Gave" the Heat the win just so it goes to 7. I'm betting the Mavs never shoot like that again in their lives.

chazoe60
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM

In most sports I agree with you wholeheartedly, but the officiating in the NBA is a flat our travesty. I have heard NBA officials admit they will call fouls if a shot looks funny coming out of the hands of a player like Kobe because they know he's betterthan that so it must be a foul. I heard an NBA ref say that exact thing on Mike and Mike years ago.

I rarely complain about the officiating in the two sports I still pay attention to, baseball and football. Now, I won't lie, in the heat of the moment I will cuss the zebras but at the end of the game I realize that the vast majority of the time games are won and lost by the players, but the NBA is just so bad that it is a different story.

I can't even watch it anymore.

Ravage!!!
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah. I don't watch the NBA. Its weird. Its the only professional sport that the actual "game" is worse than the amateurs. The pros walk like crazy, double dribble, carry, and actually get MORE fouls than the lower levels. Not to mention, as you've said, the officiating is just awful for professional game.

I never watch the NBA. Don't like it at all. But all the hype and HATE for the Heat have made me watch this one. I don't really care who wins, but would love the Heat to take it.

weazel
06-10-2011, 05:32 PM
who are these guys and what exactly is a Miami heat? are these guys on a bowling team or something?

Dzone
06-10-2011, 07:04 PM
This is why the majority of people cant stand the Miami Heat. They suck a$$ and are total jerks. I will be watching the game and hoping the referees dont ***K it up again for the mavs

FanInAZ
06-10-2011, 07:14 PM

You didn't watch the video. Now I know that I want the Heat to lost this game.

BeefStew25
06-10-2011, 07:43 PM
If you watch the video, it proves LeBron is nothing but a weak willed follower.

atwater27
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM
How is this a news story? Oh the lameness.

Devilspawn
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
LaBron scored 8 points in the 4th quarter. He was the one who was under the weather.

Oh that's 8 points in the 4th quarter the ENTIRE SERIES by the way.

atwater27
06-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, Lebron sucked yesterday. He had one of those horrible games. What do they call those again? Oh, triple doubles.

BeefStew25
06-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Lebron sucked yesterday. He had one of those horrible games. What do they call those again? Oh, triple doubles.

2 points in the 4th. And even that was a garbage basket.

Davii
06-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Not news, but it shows the level of class they have. Talk shit amongst your selves all you want, but you shouldn't be doing it when you know the camera is on.

Devilspawn
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Makes up for the triple single he had the previous game. Both of which resulted in the same crunch time performance.

It's more than stats. I honestly didn't know he had a triple double. All I know is he had 2 fourth quarter points, which was 2 points better than the previous game. I also stand corrected, he has 11 4th quarter points in 5 games.

BroncoWave
06-11-2011, 12:13 AM
What people fail to realize is that A) points in the first 3 quarters count for just as much as points in the 4th quarter and B) alot of the stuff that LeBron does during the first 3 quarters (on offense and especially defense) helps to put the Heat in the position to even be in a position to win in the 4th quarter.

Dallas hit 13 three pointers in that game yesterday. They should have won by over 20 given that. Alot of stuff LeBron did, however, helped to keep the Heat within striking distance.

But by all means, just ignore 3/4 of the game and only focus on 1/4 of it.

BeefStew25
06-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Lots of excuses for the Chosen One.

MJ's Finals per game point totals:

36,33,29,28,30,39,39,26,32,46,33,31,42,44,55,41,33 ,28,29,36,23,26,22,31,38,26,22,38,38,33,37,24,34,2 8,45

Devilspawn
06-11-2011, 01:46 AM
What people fail to realize is that A) points in the first 3 quarters count for just as much as points in the 4th quarter and B) alot of the stuff that LeBron does during the first 3 quarters (on offense and especially defense) helps to put the Heat in the position to even be in a position to win in the 4th quarter.

Dallas hit 13 three pointers in that game yesterday. They should have won by over 20 given that. Alot of stuff LeBron did, however, helped to keep the Heat within striking distance.

But by all means, just ignore 3/4 of the game and only focus on 1/4 of it.
But this King James we're talking about. A guy constantly in the Jordan conversation. A player of his caliber should not only put the team in position to win the game, he should win the game period. That's why greats are criticized when they disappear when the team needs him the most. Heck, if someone scored 15 points with 13 of them in the fourth quarter of a close game... that trumps a 3 quarter triple double in most circles.

For lesser players, 3/4 of a game is enough. You got your stats, you kept the team in the game, you set it up for the go to guy(s) to finish. LeBron is, or should be, that go to guy when it's close in crunchtime. The first three quarters of a game are not enough. It may be harsh criticism but if you're even in the same paragraph as Jordan, you better be in the same mold.

Davii
06-11-2011, 03:25 AM
But this King James we're talking about. A guy constantly in the Jordan conversation. A player of his caliber should not only put the team in position to win the game, he should win the game period. That's why greats are criticized when they disappear when the team needs him the most. Heck, if someone scored 15 points with 13 of them in the fourth quarter of a close game... that trumps a 3 quarter triple double in most circles.

For lesser players, 3/4 of a game is enough. You got your stats, you kept the team in the game, you set it up for the go to guy(s) to finish. LeBron is, or should be, that go to guy when it's close in crunchtime. The first three quarters of a game are not enough. It may be harsh criticism but if you're even in the same paragraph as Jordan, you better be in the same mold.

There are very few I would consider in that conversation and none currently playing in the NBA.

sneakers
06-11-2011, 05:01 AM

Pro Wrestling is more authentic than the NBA, because at least Wrestling will admit that it is fixed.

CoachChaz
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Lets not forget that the"King" is being defended by someone that is 5 inches and 50 pounds smaller than him, 12 years older than him and plays point guard.

Then he has 2 options. He can acknowledge that the veteran white guy has completely outperformed him, despite torn ligaments in a finger, a sinus infection and a 102 degree fever...or he can crack jokes about him. The same guy that was in the gym shooting 100 free throws while LBJ was having a championship celebration before having a practice. The same guy that has put his team on his shoulders and is 1 win closer to a title.

But despite all that...lets find more excuses as to why Lebron is "unfairly" criticized. Its fun to see what people come up with

BroncoWave
06-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Lots of excuses for the Chosen One.

MJ's Finals per game point totals:

36,33,29,28,30,39,39,26,32,46,33,31,42,44,55,41,33 ,28,29,36,23,26,22,31,38,26,22,38,38,33,37,24,34,2 8,45

For anyone dumb enough to compare him to MJ, the joke is on you not him. He admitted he's not MJ the day he signed with Miami. Just because he doesn't preform to that ridiculous standard that the media and his haters try to hold him to doesn't mean he's an utter failure because he didn't reach it.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 10:30 AM
For anyone dumb enough to compare him to MJ, the joke is on you not him. He admitted he's not MJ the day he signed with Miami. Just because he doesn't preform to that ridiculous standard that the media and his haters try to hold him to doesn't mean he's an utter failure because he didn't reach it.

He's the most talented player in the league, and its probably not even close, but he doesn't even come close to performing like it when it counts. I thought the same thing all season when he kept choking games away...meh...he'll do it in the playoffs. Well, he hasn't, in fact he's gotten worse down the stretch.

When it matters, he disappears, or has this year. I don't think anyone is saying he's a failure, he's in the damn Finals for the second time. But, so far, he's disappeared in the Finals.

BroncoWave
06-11-2011, 10:48 AM
According to most people now Dwayne Wade is the heat's best player. Why isn't he taking any heat for failing to close out these games in the 4th quarter? Why should it all be on LeBron?

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
According to most people now Dwayne Wade is the heat's best player. Why isn't he taking any heat for failing to close out these games in the 4th quarter? Why should it all be on LeBron?

LeBron did it to himself. And then he made it worse by choking.

Broncospsycho77
06-11-2011, 10:52 AM

You don't have to be Michael to perform in the clutch. It's characteristic of any team's most talented player to have the burden of taking the team on his shoulders and push through. That's the oddity here; LeBron's not. When we saw it happen just the last series, in fact.

Broncospsycho77
06-11-2011, 10:54 AM

He's not the best. He just happens to be the player who is showing up the most. 40 or so 4th quarter points is better than LeBron, but as seen in the game count, not enough either.

atwater27
06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I think you guys are focusing too much on points. Assists, rebounds, defense.... matters just as much. Y'all are acting as if Lebron is a one trick pony.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I think you guys are focusing too much on points. Assists, rebounds, defense.... matters just as much. Y'all are acting as if Lebron is a one trick pony.

I'm going to get as close to this stat as possible, but it came from Sportscenter on Thursday.

During the fourth quarter with the margin either way of five points:

James
0 points (I believe he was 0-7 from the field)
0 rebounds

Nowitzki
24 points
7 rebounds

So, its not just the points in the fourth quarter, it's his whole game...

Denver Native (Carol)
06-11-2011, 12:21 PM
LeBron James is the N.B.A.’s Harry Houdini, with a touch of wrestling’s Gorgeous George.

He backs himself into a corner, then finds a way to slip out. Locks himself in an airtight vault and finds a way to break free.

During the past two N.B.A. finals games, James staged fourth-quarter disappearing acts and now, just in time for Sunday’s crucial Game 6, a national audience is sitting on the edge of its seat, waiting to see if James can find his way to a Game 7 on Tuesday.

Before Miami played Game 5 in Dallas on Thursday, James said that was probably the most important game of his life.

The Heat lost, but James played well until he disappeared in the fourth quarter. The Mavericks need one victory in Miami for the championship. Now what? If Game 5 was do-or-die, what is Game 6, or a potential Game 7?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/sports/basketball/lebron-james-faces-another-star-turn-as-houdini.html

CoachChaz
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM

Fine...how many 4th quarter assists and rebounds is LeBron averaging?

And we can sit back and say his 4th quarter points arent important, but with as close as all 5 games have been in the 4th quarter...he should be stepping up his game if he's truly, the King. If you only score 2 pointe...fine...then you better show me a bunch of assists, rebounds and defensive plays.

Jason Terry took him to school in the last 5 minutes of the last game. Not Dirk...JASON FRIGGIN TERRY

pnbronco
06-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Not news, but it shows the level of class they have. Talk shit amongst your selves all you want, but you shouldn't be doing it when you know the camera is on.

I don't know enough about basketball to comment on stats. I do know that you display class or you don't. LeBron can say whatever he wants behind closed doors. However to cut down a player that has done nothing but work his tail off and has given it his all even though he tore his ligament and had a fever tells me that LeBron was not displaying any.

Also I agree with Dog in that the only person I compare to Jordan is Gretzky.

atwater27
06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Jason Terry took him to school in the last 5 minutes of the last game. Not Dirk...JASON FRIGGIN TERRY

What's wrong with Terry? He's a baller, has been for years.

Devilspawn
06-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Bingo. However, the best player in the league will always be compared to Jordan, from what it seems. Kobe had the same comparison. The next megastar will have the Jordan comparison unless he's a center or power forward.

And he blew the 4th game by missing the inbound pass too.

I think Wade took over in the 4th quarter of Game 1. He also had some key 4th quarter performances in his first title run, earning Finals MVP. LeBron has to shed the late disappearing act mentality because it's not like it's a rare thing.

And of course, The Decision hype brings all the focus on Lebron.

CoachChaz
06-12-2011, 09:37 AM

What's wrong with Terry? He's a baller, has been for years.

Terry is a solid scorer and leader...nothing more, and should never be in the same sentence as Lebron.

atwater27
06-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Terry is a solid scorer and leader...nothing more, and should never be in the same sentence as Lebron.

Oh come on...Lebron isn't a god. A lot of NBA players on a good day can make the elite stars look bad.

And I am done defending Lebron. I am just saying the criticism of him is over the top in this series. Everyone is blaming the losses on him, without giving the brilliant coaching and player management of Rick Carlisle a nod as to the main reason Dallas is winning. I could care less about either team. I get a kick out of all the haters coming out of the woodwork though.

BeefStew25
06-12-2011, 12:28 PM
He named himself. He ain't living up to it:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/SYDRcjAfjNI/AAAAAAABapQ/wNnEorYCmGk/lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg

pnbronco
06-12-2011, 12:55 PM
LeBron has all type of talent, no one will argue that. What he doesn't display is any type of humility. The whole decision thing was what turned me off from the beginning of this year. When you put yourself in that type of limelight it's kind of normal for people to throw rocks at the light when you are not performing.

BTW Atwater I totally agree that Carlise has done a outstanding job. What's the saying players win in the regular season, coaches in the playoff.

Dirk, Kidd and JJ are just guys that I enjoy cheering for, they just super nice men. So I've enjoyed these playoffs so much more than I've ever thought I would. Looking forward to tonight.

CoachChaz
06-12-2011, 09:38 PM
In a few minutes...i wont care

MOtorboat
06-12-2011, 09:43 PM
He named himself. He ain't living up to it:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/SYDRcjAfjNI/AAAAAAABapQ/wNnEorYCmGk/lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg

Fail.

Dirk cementing himself as a great.

atwater27
06-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Dallas clearly outplayed Miami, outcoached Miami. Terry and Nowitski were clutch; that little dude Barea was a thorn in their side. Overall a very deserved and concise win against a team everybody loves to hate.

I only wish Stojacavic was able to contribute to earn a win he has deserved for years. Oh well.

MNPatsFan
06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
If these were any players other than LeBron/Wade literally not a single person would care. But since LeBron is involved the media has to make a story out of it and his haters will eat it right up. This could not be less of a big deal.This is the BIGGEST crock of shit. If two Lakers or Celtics had done the same thing, the reaction would have been the same.

MNPatsFan
06-13-2011, 10:44 AM

But by all means, just ignore 3/4 of the game and only focus on 1/4 of it.People focus on the 4th quarter because that is when these and most games have been decided. When the games have been on the line, LeBron has been standing around and failing miserably.

SOCALORADO.
06-13-2011, 10:55 AM
People focus on the 4th quarter because that is when these and most games have been decided. When the games have been on the line, LeBron has been standing around and failing miserably.

I used to say, LeFraud James = Glorified Karl Malone

But he isnt even that! Malone always balled much harder than this clown!
LeFraud is a big mouthed product of E!SPiN and nothing more. And yes, when the games on the line, big time players take over and make big time plays.
Lefraud aint one of em.
But man, he has some of the coolest commercials!

MOtorboat
06-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Yup, LeBron is real piece of shit:
http://deadspin.com/5811396/