PDA

View Full Version : League, players continue to talk between face-to-face meetings

Denver Native (Carol)
06-10-2011, 12:23 PM
From article:

The NFL and players plan to return to the bargaining table next week and both parties have been maintaining communication in between face-to-face meetings, another sign of the seriousness of these talks.

"We're talking now, we're making progress, but there's a lot of work to be done," said Kraft, who's been at all five of the most recent sessions, on Thursday.

"This is a very hard deal, with all the different variables. In the end, the fact that principles -- who are going to be sitting down across from one another five years, 10 years from now -- are sitting down and talking about the problems is a positive thing. There's a lot of hard work to be done, but the good news is we're talking."

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82042c0d/article/league-players-continue-to-talk-between-facetoface-meetings?module=HP_headlines

TXBRONC
06-10-2011, 10:14 PM
From article:

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82042c0d/article/league-players-continue-to-talk-between-facetoface-meetings?module=HP_headlines

I wonder just how much progress they are making.

Canmore
06-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I wonder just how much progress they are making.

The fact that they are talking is progress imo. This is certainly an improvement from the earlier standoff.

MileHighCrew
06-11-2011, 08:20 AM
There was a report yesterday that a deal was close, but both sides shot that down really fast. It was on teh ticker during PTI so I don't have a link

TXBRONC
06-11-2011, 08:29 AM
The fact that they are talking is progress imo. This is certainly an improvement from the earlier standoff.

That's true but are the talks actually starting to produce the frame work of an agreement.

MileHighCrew
06-11-2011, 08:35 AM
That's true but are the talks actually starting to produce the frame work of an agreement.

At this point I think it is a good sign that the details of the day to day meetings are not in the newpapers. Shut up in public and get it done

TXBRONC
06-11-2011, 08:53 AM
At this point I think it is a good sign that the details of the day to day meetings are not in the newpapers. Shut up in public and get it done

That's fine with I just want them to get it done. What I'm wondering though about is have they settled on anything that will actually be in the agreement.

Canmore
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM
That's fine with I just want them to get it done. What I'm wondering though about is have they settled on anything that will actually be in the agreement.

I've been adamant that there will be no football in 2011. I'm cautiously optimistic about the news being reported lately.