PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs. Dolphins

Pages : [1] 2 3

sneakers
11-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Go Broncos! Hopefully we can beat the fish for the first time in a while...(is it first time this decade?)

slim
11-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Man, we need a win this week.

Let's go, boys...I like my tuna with a little dolphin in it.

broncophan
11-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!!...................enjoy the game today everyone.....

BroncoJoe
11-02-2008, 09:54 AM
When the Broncos run the ball: Advantage, Dolphins

The skinny: Sporting much the same brand of 3-4 defense the Cowboys use — first-year Miami coach Tony Sparano is a former Dallas assistant — the Broncos can use their work against Dallas in the preseason as a guide. The Dolphins have made it difficult at times for opponents to run and they attack the line of scrimmage plenty. Strong safety Yeremiah Bell leads the team in tackles, with inside linebackers Channing Crowder and Akin Ayodele not far behind. The Broncos will have to handle the three in the middle of the field or they won’t find much room to work.

It’s a fact: The Jets’ Thomas Jones, with 101 yards, and Baltimore’s Willis McGahee, with 105 yards, are the only two backs who have topped 100 yards against Miami this year.

When the Broncos pass the ball: Advantage, Broncos

The skinny: With Jay Cutler the only quarterback on the roster to have completed a pass in a regular-season game, keeping him out of harm’s way becomes all the more important. Rookie left tackle Ryan Clady gets another test in this one. Outside linebacker Joey Porter has 101/2 of the Dolphins’ 17sacks this season and he has forced three fumbles in a defensive front that features two rookies (Kendall Langford and Phillip Merling) in the rotation. In the secondary, Miami is thin on the outside and starting cornerback Will Allen has been playing on a sore knee.

It’s a fact: Eight of Porter’s sacks have come in three games — four against New England, two against Baltimore and two against Buffalo.

When the Dolphins run the ball: Advantage, Dolphins

The skinny: The Dolphins have had some moderate success running the ball in a conventional manner, with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams in the backfield and left guard Justin Smiley leading the way. But they have forced teams to deal with their “Wildcat” look with an open formation and a direct snap to a runner — usually Brown — as well. They added some wrinkles Sunday against Buffalo, with a tight end in motion, and also have used it with a fullback available as a lead blocker.

It’s a fact: The Dolphins have run for 72 yards or fewer in four of their games and have not topped 55 yards in two of those games.

When the Dolphins pass the ball: Advantage, Dolphins

The skinny: The strength of the Miami passing game is rooted in quarterback Chad Pennington’s patience. He knows he doesn’t have the arm strength of some other passers, but he doesn’t force the ball and he sticks to what he can do. He’s accurate, smart and consistently finds the open spaces. And he certainly has been at it long enough to where he will challenge the Broncos with Champ Bailey out of the lineup, especially on early downs.

It’s a fact: The Dolphins were 14-for-16 passing on first down against Buffalo on Sunday for 244 yards. For the year, Pennington has completed 73.8percent of his passes on first down, 78.1 percent on second down.

Special teams: Advantage, Broncos

The skinny: The Broncos continue to be proficient in the kicking game and they have stemmed the tide at least some from their early troubles against returners. The Dolphins, with rookie Davone Bess taking most of the work, are sixth in the league in average drive start after kickoffs and Bess is averaging slightly more than 11 yards per punt return. The Dolphins have been spotty in punt coverage, though, having surrendered a touchdown and 13.8 yards per return.

It’s a fact: Broncos kicker Matt Prater attempted 13 field goals in the team’s first five games, making 12. He has attempted only one in the team’s past two games combined.

Intangibles: Advantage, Broncos

The skinny: The Broncos had their moment to step away, to gather their thoughts, but the bye week is over. What remains is a nine-game season to see what they can make of it all. It is unrealistic to believe that in one off week they could repair all of what has gone wrong in the first seven games, especially on defense, but they certainly could begin to take care of correctable errors such as fumbles, missed tackles and missed assignments. With two games in a five-day span coming up, this might be a stretch where they could find a little confidence.

Jeff Legwold’s prediction: Broncos 28-24

Five Keys:

1. Tackle the problem. The Broncos have missed far too many tackles they shouldn’t have this season. It was a problem in 2007, and 2008 will finish much the same way as last season did if they don’t correct the issue.

2. Be selfish. The Broncos are minus-9 in turnovers this season. That’s 31st in the league and only San Francisco is worse at minus-10. Against New England, they fumbled twice in the first quarter, lost both, then lost the game. Opponents have scored 28 percent of their points off Broncos turnovers this season.

3. Find him. Everybody knows Dolphins outside linebacker Joey Porter is coming after the quarterback, and everybody tries to stop him. Yet Porter still leads the NFL with 101/2 sacks in only seven games, and that accounts for 62 percent of Miami’s sacks this year. It says that through double teams, through tackles, backs and tight ends, he’s still getting to the quarterback. Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady needs a big day.

4. Do or won’t. It’s simple: Either the Broncos do stop somebody’s rushing attack or they won’t win a game that means anything. A lot of attention is on the Dolphins’ “Wildcat” formation, with the direct snap to running back Ronnie Brown, but if Brown pounds the Broncos defense in the conventional run game, the Dolphins will win going away.

5. Say bye to the bye. Break time’s over. It might have been good to get away and all, but nine games remain for the Broncos to play like they keep saying they can. They are 10-3 in games after the bye in coach Mike Shanahan’s tenure, 7-2 at home after the bye. The division has given them an opportunity others don’t have; after all, the Eagles have the same record, and they’re in last place in the NFC East.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Ronnie Brown's 2007 season ended for the Dolphins after seven games because of knee surgery.

At the time his 991 yards from scrimmage led the NFL.

Now healthy and recovered, it is Brown who again powers the Miami offense. Chad Pennington has brought a welcome efficiency to the quarterback spot for the Dolphins and wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. is coming off a 175-yard breakout-worthy game against the Bills last week.

But when the Broncos defense lines up against the Dolphins, it is Brown they have to keep contained.

"During the course of training camp and during the course of preseason games we really had to go slow with him,'' said Dolphins' coach Tony Sparano. "He had to get some confidence and all of a sudden to see where he is right now and what he's done and what he's accomplished out there, I don’t think he goes into ballgames any more worrying about the knee . . . I've seen him run with power, with explosiveness, seen him finish runs.''

Brown has two 100-yard rushing games this season – both Dolphins wins, over New England and San Diego. The Dolphins do sprinkle Ricky Williams into the run game as well to keep a handle on Brown's workload.

Williams is still a powerful runner around the goal-line and as a former No. 1 back, he can stay in the lineup for extended periods if the Dolphins want him to.

But Brown provides the explosiveness and his versatility is also at the center of the Dolphins' "Wildcat'' formation, where he takes a direct snap from center and the quarterback is lined up somewhere else.

Against the Patriots – the first game the Dolphins used the formation – Brown ran for four touchdowns, three of those out of the Wildcat, and threw for another. All told he has accounted for eight – seven rushing, one passing – of the Dolphins' 17 touchdowns or 47 percent.

Given all of that, the Broncos need a big game from weak-side linebacker D.J. Williams. Williams, in the Broncos alignment, is often in the middle of the field, but he is also the most athletic of the Broncos' front-seven players.

And the middle of the field is where opposing rushing attacks have done the most damage. Thus far this season the Broncos defense has surrendered at least five yards per carry on runs over the center and each of the two guard spots by opposing offenses.

The Dolphins have done their best work in the run game behind left guard Justin Smiley, who plays across from the defensive right – or Williams' side of the field.

Also, the Ravens have defended the Dolphins Wildcat formation the best – they held it to four yards total in seven plays – and they did it with speed and blitzing their inside linebackers.

Williams is the Broncos' best option in that regard.

claymore
11-02-2008, 10:08 AM
"During the course of training camp and during the course of preseason games we really had to go slow with him,'' said Dolphins' coach Tony Sparano. "He had to get some confidence and all of a sudden to see where he is right now and what he's done and what he's accomplished out there, I don’t think he goes into ballgames any more worrying about the knee . . . I've seen him run with power, with explosiveness, seen him finish runs.''

Going up against our defense will give brown tons of confidence. We might see a new NFL record for single game rushing yards. :whoo:

frauschieze
11-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Stupid fall back. Now I gotta wait an extra hour for game time. :drinking:

Nomad
11-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Who knows how this game will go, but hopefully BRONCOS come out with a win and no injuries! It will be a tough, close game. BRONCOS are good off a bye week so we'll see!

GO BRONCOS!

broncobryce
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Stupid fall back. Now I gotta wait an extra hour for game time. :drinking:

true, but we got an extra hour of sleep. The D needs it.;)

Nomad
11-02-2008, 10:44 AM

The D needs all the advantage it can get!

frauschieze
11-02-2008, 10:48 AM

Good call. I've been waiting almost two weeks. I guess I can wait a little longer. :D

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 10:53 AM

Also gives the MIA offense that same amount of sleep.. that could be even more help than of D getting rest ..

Actually the way I see it the d has been resting for most of the games this year as it is..

yardog
11-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Going up against our defense will give brown tons of confidence. We might see a new NFL record for single game rushing yards. :whoo:

:tsk:

Thanks Clay for making me think of this possibility.

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 11:11 AM
:tsk:

Thanks Clay for making me think of this possibility.

you know in the back of you mind you were already thinking the same thought considering the last 2 or 3 records were set against DEN when we had a decent D..

I think the only reason the current record is in another city was we were not playing him that day..

296 Adrian Peterson, Minnesota vs. San Diego, Nov. 4, 2007
295 Jamal Lewis, Baltimore vs. Cleveland, Sept. 14, 2003
278 Corey Dillon, Cincinnati vs. Denver, Oct. 22, 2000

I had forgot about AD kicking ass last year

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Please, just show a little heart, a little pride today :mad:

Skinny
11-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Let's go Broncos! I'm expecting a win today. Just take care of the football, no turnovers.

It would be nice to see some fire from the defense too. I'm not expecting a whole lot of change on that side of the ball after the bye, but it would nice to see them play like their tired of getting they're arses kicked.

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Let's go Broncos! I'm expecting a win today. Just take care of the football, no turnovers.

It would be nice to see some fire from the defense too. I'm not expecting a whole lot of change on that side of the ball after the bye, but it would nice to see them play like their tired of getting they're arses kicked.

Shirley your not implying they are gonna get toasted are YOU?

Skinny
11-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Shirley your not implying they are gonna get toasted are YOU?I'm serious... and don't call me Shirley... :D

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Shirley your not implying they are gonna get toasted are YOU?
Toasted, sautéed, char-broiled, roasted & BBQ'd :mad:

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm serious... and don't call me Shirley... :D

was wondering if someone would catch the play on words..

Does anyone have a link for streaming video since I get the HOU MIN game today.. on local TV..

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Does anyone have a link for streaming video since I get the HOU MIN game today.. on local TV..
This (tvants://list.tvants.com/tvants/?k=3685912168d3b3e2eac87aba55148f22) is the only one up so far..........hopefully should be some more before kickoff

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 12:23 PM
This (tvants://list.tvants.com/tvants/?k=3685912168d3b3e2eac87aba55148f22) is the only one up so far..........hopefully should be some more before kickoff

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties

Anyone else?? thanks for trying though..

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Odd, I get the tvants player up OK :whoknows:

Broncolingus
11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm serious... and don't call me Shirley... :D

http://www.movie-list.com/a/airplane.jpg

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Odd, I get the tvants player up OK :whoknows:

you must be using viagara :laugh:

BroncoWave
11-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Do you have any local sports bars or anything near where you live? That's usually how I have to watch Broncos games here in New Orleans, like today.

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Do you have any local sports bars or anything near where you live? That's usually how I have to watch Broncos games here in New Orleans, like today.

yeah there is but then I can't mod the game day thread..

Broncolingus
11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Robins Nest Sports Bar & Grill in Savannah is where me and a few buds will be...

BroncoTech
11-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I hope there is something else because that 140kbs TVants stream won't hold all of us. I hope there's a 500kbs stream in the update.

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 01:45 PM
yeah there is but then I can't mod the game day thread..

Ask them to put you wifi in ;) :laugh:

claymore
11-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Please, just show a little heart, a little pride today :mad:

LMAO..... Couldnt have said it any better.

broncobryce
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Cowher on cbs picked Marshall as the 3rd best wr right now.....:beer:

Retired_Member_001
11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Broncos Football in HD! :beer:

Let's hope they don't suck too much. :lol:

scott.475
11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Broncos Football in HD! :beer:

Let's hope they don't suck too much. :lol:

Yeah, watching us suck is one thing, watching us suck in HD brings a whole new, terrifying perspective to our suckatude.

Jaws
11-02-2008, 03:34 PM
It's war in our house today, with the Broncos up against my son's team. So it's a must win!

GO BRONCOS!

Davii
11-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I have to go watch at Buffalo Wild Wings since it isn't televised here.

Here's hoping for a great game, with a Bronco's win.

Hopefully we have a great game so the mods don't get too busy in here!

scott.475
11-02-2008, 03:39 PM
It's war in our house today, with the Broncos up against my son's team. So it's a must win!

GO BRONCOS!

Your letting your son stay in the house today??? What kind of Bronco fan are you???

Hoshdude7
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
any links to the game today?

Slick
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
any links to the game today?

I usually find one somewhere. I can't use Denny's tvants link either. When I find it I'll be sure to post it. Sometimes you can find a link over at the Mane or B Country also. I'll be sure and check there too. Usually a little closer to game time though.

Hoshdude7
11-02-2008, 03:59 PM
got one!

but it closes after 20 seconds so I cant share it unfortunately

MOtorboat
11-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Go Broncos.

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I usually find one somewhere. I can't use Denny's tvants link either. When I find it I'll be sure to post it. Sometimes you can find a link over at the Mane or B Country also. I'll be sure and check there too. Usually a little closer to game time though.

it is closer now if you get any links let us KNOW OK..

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 04:02 PM
got one!

but it closes after 20 seconds so I cant share it unfortunately

wanna be banned from the game day thread.. U have my pm address. Get my drift

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:02 PM
I realize this is not the same as watching it, but you can follow it on here I think.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29652&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

MOtorboat
11-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Ooooh...BF extortion....

Hoshdude7
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
the link expired after 10-20 seconds

Go to stoogeTV and wait for one to pop up

Slick
11-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Here's one

http://www.justin.tv/medieval954

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
He threw right to him :tsk:

Hoshdude7
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
omfg

Slick
11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Here we go again

Nomad
11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
it's going to be a long game, knuckle head!:tsk:

Lonestar
11-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I realize this is not the same as watching it, but you can follow it on here I think.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29652&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

already there it is my stand by..

Thnikkaman
11-02-2008, 04:09 PM

If I could be PMed a link too, that would be great, MKAY?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
OK :defense: 3 is GOOD in the situation Jay put them in.

Slick
11-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Here's one

This link is not great, but it's working...

Paymah on Pennington, finally a matchup in his favor.

Hoshdude7
11-02-2008, 04:11 PM
wow a stop!

but wait! Our offense is giving the other team points again!

Retired_Member_001
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
The ******* Chiefs game is cutting into the Broncos.

Tned
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Bad start by the offense, good start by the defense. Hopefully, the offense will look better this go around.

Tned
11-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Damn, I am getting killed in the office pool. Cincy, Baltimore and KC all burned me with their wins. At least Tenn just won in overtime.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
43 points off of turnovers :tsk:

Bronco4ever
How bad was Jay's INT?

Northman
Wow, our offense just vanished in a puff of smoke. lol

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
How bad was Jay's INT?

It was perfect - he threw it right to him :tsk:

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
But hey! The punter just did a nice job! lol

Requiem / The Dagda
11-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Kern rules.

Drill-N-Fill
Anybody have a link for the game?

Slick
But hey! The punter just did a nice job! lol

A perfect punt...sad. and it looks like Cutler wants to pout already. He needs to stop that because the team feeds off him whether he likes it or not.

Nomad
Catch with your hands and recievers wouldn't have a problem catching the ball! Simple fundamental of being a receiver:tsk:

Tned
11-02-2008, 04:19 PM
How bad was Jay's INT?

Depends on whether Stokely screwed up the route. Stokes was just kind of standing there, maybe Jay thought he was going to break towards the sideline, but he threw it about 3-5 yards to the right of Stokely, into a cluster of three Dolphins (two at the same level as Stokely, and one deep) and right into one of their hands. Stokely had no, absolutely no, play on the ball.

RunYouOver
11-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm already getting upset/nervous/frustrated watching this game.

Not a good start

Requiem / The Dagda
11-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Nice run, Ronnay.

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
A perfect punt...sad. and it looks like Cutler wants to pout already. He needs to stop that because the team feeds off him whether he likes it or not.

Great point, this really worries me about his future. I hope im just not reading too much into it.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Give it a rest STRIPES

BroncoFanatic
Finally got a stream, looks like we are picking up right where we left off before the bye

Nomad
O my lord, BRONCOS are killing me and themselves!:tsk:

broncobryce
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
This is brutal, they better pull their heads out

Slick
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
My stream died...if I find a new one, I'll share it. Maybe I should take this as a sign and just go study. :tsk:

Nomad
11-02-2008, 04:26 PM
At least the Sony HD commerical is funny, Chicken wanting to open a can of whoopass on that fella:lol:

Drill-N-Fill
Finally got a stream, looks like we are picking up right where we left off before the bye

where is the stream from?

Retired_Member_001
This is a nasty one.

It's going to be one of those days.

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Talk about understatement.......................2 picks not being many........:frusty:

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Thank God Pennington isnt on target. That guy was wide open.

Bronco4ever
The d is atleast holding up a bit thus far. I'd be really nice if we could get a TD on this drive.

broncobryce
we better get a td.....don't give up on the running game!!:mad::mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
This is a nasty one.

It's going to be one of those days.

The offense needs to show up

broncobryce
11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I can't believe we haven't given up a first quarter TD......

BroncoFanatic
11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
where is the stream from?

StreamTVnow.com. It's a paid site, and I often wonder if it's worth it, but seems ok today

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 04:31 PM
That's weird :lol:

Northman
Well, thank goodness the Chiefs lost and choked away their game. :)

BroncoFanatic
The d is atleast holding up a bit thus far. I'd be really nice if we could get a TD on this drive.

Much like they did initially in the Patriots game:tsk:

G_Money
11-02-2008, 04:32 PM

Other teams are trying to be polite.

They only want to demolish our D for 3 quarters. All 4 might make us cry.

~G

Slick

The D just seem to quit when the offense struggles. I thought that was the case in the NE game. They kept us in it in the first half...

Bronco4ever
They still don't have the game on my tv yet. It's getting pretty ridic... I don't care about the recaps to the other games, just let me see the game!

Foxtrot
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Cutler looks remarkably like Plummer so far this season.

Denver Native (Carol)
What the HELL is wrong with Jay????

G_Money
I'm gonna kill you Jay...

~G

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Shit :mad:

BroncoFanatic
It's a surreal feeling to lead the division and know that the season is over

Northman
WOW. Cutler may be scarred. He looks like absolute crap out there.

Slick
Blame that on the D. JC(and I don't mean Jay Cutler). I'm physically sick.

Northman
I want to see Hackney. Jay's head just isnt in this game.

Nomad
Listen to the fans! Damn I should of taken my sons pheasant hunting this afternoon!:brick::mad:

Bronco4ever
11-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Uh... maybe I would rather see more game recaps instead of this game now...

Denver Native (Carol)

Just not this game :eek:

Foxtrot
Oh wait, it really is Plummer, wearing a Cutler mask. I thought Halloween was over. :(

Den21vsBal19
Cutler looks remarkably like Plummer so far this season.
At least Jake had some fire about him :frusty:

Kapaibro
Jay is so bloody flat!

G_Money
Slim, this is the reason we're not watching this game together in a bar. I'd be getting kicked out right...about...now.

~G

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Eddie!

Retired_Member_001
What a run by Royal.

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute::salute: OK EDDIE :salute::salute: NO TURNOVERS HERE CUTLER

BeefStew25

That is a moronic statement.

weazel
all the way to the ten!!!

too bad Cutler will throw an int on the next play

slim
11-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Slim, this is the reason we're not watching this game together in a bar. I'd be getting kicked out right...about...now.

~G

I hear ya, brother. I might get kicked out of my house here in a minute.

G_Money
I love you eddie

Nomad
Damn no KRTD in how many years for the BRONCOS, that was close!

Den21vsBal19
Thank you Fast EDDIE!!!!! :rockon:

Surely the offense can't screw up from here?

slim
I sure am glad we have solved our turnover issues

Retired_Member_001
11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
TD!

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Eddie for game MVP.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
:salute::salute: TD

Tned
Spider said this stream is working, not sure if anyone posted it:

Skinny
Good job Broncos! Way to bounce back!

weazel
Cutler accidentally threw a reception!

Kapaibro
Thank you Royal!

Den21vsBal19
Eddie dug us out of a massive hole

G_Money
And there's another needed play by Eddie. That man deserved that TD. Good for him.

Now we're back in this thing even with Jay crapping all over the gameplan.

We'll see if the D can hold them and Jay can pull his head out long enough for us to compete.

~G

broncobryce
Thank god for Eddie. Now pull your head outta your ass Denver!

Slick
11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
See what happens when you don't lock in on Marshall? Amazing!

slim
11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
WTF is up with Jay?

He has been sucking eggs for a few weeks now.

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
See what happens when you don't lock in on Marshall? Amazing!

To be fair, he has been trying to go to other guys today but it hasnt panned out very well. lol

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
To be fair, he has been trying to go to other guys today but it hasnt panned out very well. lol

UH yeah - but they were on the other team:eek:

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
UH yeah - but they were on the other team:eek:

Maybe Jay is color blind. :lol:

weazel
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
maybe torain should just try and run through a hole instead of dancing and waiting for a big gain

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:45 PM

I was thinking that also.:tsk:

Slick
11-02-2008, 04:46 PM

Sheffler's absence kills this team. That seam or threat over the middle is sorely missed.

slim
maybe Jay should try to throw somewhere remotely close to his WR.

Nomad
maybe torain should just try and run through a hole instead of dancing and waiting for a big gain

Not very impressive so far:coffee:! Jay is in outer space right now as well!

G_Money
Cutler's killin me. Does he really have a broken finger and they're too stubborn to admit it? When he throws the ball further than 5 yards it's either way off target or intercepted.

Grr...

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
maybe Jay should try to throw somewhere remotely close to his WR.

That would be nice

Kapaibro
Jay played better at the end of last year when he was dealing with diabetes

Den21vsBal19
Wasn't that Testaverde's excuse?

Northman
Cutler's killin me. Does he really have a broken finger and they're too stubborn to admit it? When he throws the ball further than 5 yards it's either way off target or intercepted.

Grr...

~G

Thats what im wondering. He just looks tentative out there and lost. Its like some aliens sucked away his brain or something.

slim
I think our offense may actually be worse than our defense. In fact, I am almost sure of it.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:48 PM

Grr...

~G

The talk all week is that his finger is fine. He was doing this in other games before the finger was hurt.

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I think our offense may actually be worse than our defense. In fact, I am almost sure of it.

Certainly the last couple of weeks. Even last year when we werent scoring very many TD's we were at least moving the ball up and down the field. Lately, we cant even get a first down. :tsk:

Kapaibro
11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
We should sign KGB, Nolan and Harrington.

Seriously, could Joey be worse than Jay at the moment?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
And so far, once again, the defense has played most of the game :tsk:

slim
The talk all week is that his finger is fine. He was doing this in other games before the finger was hurt.

Yeah, his accurracy has been pretty bad for at least three or four weeks.

broncobryce
Right now, jay can have my finger.....the middle....J/k

MOtorboat

Well, thus far, every pass sans the short one and the touchdown have been horrible, and not even close.

Nomad
Put Hackney in, he couldn't do any worse!

Slick
We should sign KGB, Nolan and Harrington.

Seriously, could Joey be worse than Jay at the moment?

You just want to see Joey's ass in tight pants again Kap. You're not fooling me. LMAO

horsepig
15 yds, no first downs

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Wow, was that a sack? lol

G_Money
In those games he could hit his own receivers. In the last couple of games he hasn't been able to do that.

Jay usually throws INTs when he chucking it into double coverage or is otherwise forcing a play...or either he or the WR is wrong about the route.

His deep ball INT in the last game wasn't close. His INTs in this game haven't been close. His throws to Marshall haven't been close.

He's successfully thrown it to a RB and 5 yards to Royal right in front of him. I'm concerned.

~G

Nomad

slim
11-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe we should start running the wildcat with Royal behind center.

Bronco4ever
I love Fast Eddie.

Kapaibro
You just want to see Joey's ass in tight pants again Kap. You're not fooling me. LMAO

Yes, but I'd also like to see our QB play with some zip.

Okay, I did not need to hear how Ekuban "exploded" all over some dude. :eek:

G_Money
I'm so happy Hillis is getting in the game...

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 04:53 PM
FINALLY A BULLET PASS :salute:

LRtagger
Hillis out wide!!!

I am a damn genius

Nomad
Jackson can catch but still not with his hands!:tsk:

Kapaibro
Finally a decent pass.

Northman
11-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Jackson can catch but still not with his hands!:tsk:

As long as he is catching i dont care. He can catch it with his teeth for all im concerned. :lol:

Kapaibro
11-02-2008, 04:55 PM
As long as he is catching i dont care. He can catch it with his teeth for all im concerned. :lol:

Hands are not needed to win an SB either

Den21vsBal19
Maybe we should start running the wildcat with Royal behind center.
Well, he proved in the Oakland game that he knows when to throw the ball away :laugh:

Nomad

True! It's something that bothers me though, trying to catch with your body and arms plus anyone who has ever played receiver knows!

LRtagger
11-02-2008, 04:56 PM
why do they have graham on porter and not clady?

Kapaibro
damn Jay, run into the sack

Denver Native (Carol)
ok :defense: Do it once again

topscribe
11-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Porter is not guarded by Clady, and what'ya know? Sack.

-----

Kapaibro
11-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Can someone send their nana down to smack Jay in the head with her handbag?

Bronco4ever
11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm seriously gonna be disappointed if we lose this game. It would be great to to beat an average 3-4 team at our house and take a 2 game lead in the division. I'd love to see it happen but I don't know how much faith I have in that.

LRtagger
11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
nice 15 yard cushion paymah

Nomad
11-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Paymah doing good today!

LRtagger
11-02-2008, 05:00 PM
PAYMAH SUCKS

whats with the damn 10-15 yard cushions???????

Nomad
nice 15 yard cushion paymah

Same cushion Champ gives:coffee:

Kapaibro
Raiders are helping us out again

Bronco4ever
11-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Raiders are helping us out again

By not making us look like the worst team in the NFL this week?

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense::defense:

Den21vsBal19
Suggests that that's Slowick's scheme

LRtagger

yea, well the guy Champ covers doesnt usually have 5 catches for 45 yards midway through the 2nd quarter :coffee:

Bronco4ever
Hell yeah defense! They are playing pretty solid overall today!

Kapaibro
11-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Good to see we can stop the Wildcat

G_Money
11-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Moss makes a great play. I'd like to be able to say that more often.

~G

Northman
11-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Either that or Miami just doesnt have any real receivers.

Slick
I found a better stream for those of you stuck in the same boat as me...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pats

Denver Native (Carol)

AND they have played MOST of the game. Time for the offense to do something.

Bronco4ever
11-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Moss makes a great play. I'd like to be able to say that more often.

~G

He got a sack earlier too right? Not a bad game so far for him.

Nomad
11-02-2008, 05:04 PM
yea, well the guy Champ covers doesnt usually have 5 catches for 45 yards midway through the 2nd quarter :coffee:

Fella, quit nitpicking Paymah, he's tackling, covering his man and yes Champ gives up the same yards. It's the scheme because our run defense sucks so bad so the corners have to stand off, the only difference is Paymah can tackle like Champ can rather what Bly can't do, but no he is no where as good as Champ

Kapaibro
11-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Dear Jay,

Please remember why you are paid an ass-load of cash.

TIA

Kap and other Broncos fans

Northman
yeah! Hillis!

Bronco4ever
Hillis is a friggin stud~!!!

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Nice play by Hillis

weazel
I think Cutler has a mental disability

Denver Native (Carol)
Jay - where in the HELL is your head anymore:mad:

LRtagger
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Fella, quit nitpicking Paymah, he's tackling, covering his man and yes Champ gives up the same yards. It's the scheme because our run defense sucks so bad so the corners have to stand off, the only difference is Paymah can tackle like Champ can rather what Bly can't do, but no he is no where as good as Champ

Please dont call me Fella.

And no, Champ does not give up anywhere close to the same numbers in a quarter in a half. He rarely gets thrown to more than 5 times in a game, much less a single quarter.

Please do not compare Karl Paymah to Champ Bailey.

Kapaibro
Is Jay on a sugarlow? Give him a fricking twinkie!

G_Money
Thank GOD Hillis is back in the offense.

Where's he been all my season?

And Jay needs to go soak his head at halftime. That grounding was ridiculous.

~G

Northman
Man, what happened? Ive been hearing the last two weeks Torain is a beast. That should of been taken to the house the way that people have been pumping him up. lol

Nomad
11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Please dont call me Fella.

And no, Champ does not give up anywhere close to the same numbers in a quarter in a half. He rarely gets thrown to more than 5 times in a game, much less a single quarter.

Please do not compare Karl Paymah to Champ Bailey.

Sorry maam! Again no comparison!:ohwell: I'm done wasting my time with you!

Northman
11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
The PUNTER is awesome.

topscribe
11-02-2008, 05:09 PM
We are seeing why they kept Kern.

-----

Northman
Sorry maam! Again no comparison!:ohwell: I'm done wasting my time with you!

Enough Nomad, dont let it get personal.

Nomad
Man, what happened? Ive been hearing the last two weeks Torain is a beast. That should of been taken to the house the way that people have been pumping him up. lol

Obviously either he's rusty or overrated by fans here

G_Money
How are Special Teams and Defense keeping us in this game?

And our best offensive player is the one who was benched for a LB for the last few weeks.

I hear Twilight Zone music...

~G

Nomad
Enough Nomad, dont let it get personal.

I called it off!;)

Kapaibro
The PUNTER is awesome.

Kerns is awesome!

broncobryce
I don't think Torrain has had any room, either has Pittman

G_Money
11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Obviously either he's rusty or overrated by fans here

There's no hole. The Phins are stuffing the line and if we would start throwing some posts or running some draws it might work better.

All this stuff in the flat isn't really helpful, and we're not going downfield at all because Jay's scared. I wish we'd start doing some moving pockets or designed rollouts.

~G

LRtagger
11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Sorry maam!

Classy.

Again no comparison!:ohwell: I'm done wasting my time with you!

You brought up Champ, not me. :wave:

Bronco4ever
11-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Wow... good catch.

Nomad
11-02-2008, 05:12 PM
There's no hole. The Phins are stuffing the line and if we would start throwing some posts or running some draws it might work better.

All this stuff in the flat isn't really helpful, and we're not going downfield at all because Jay's scared. I wish we'd start doing some moving pockets or designed rollouts.

~G

I'm watching the same game you are and obvious to the current situation!

LRtagger
11-02-2008, 05:13 PM
1st down on Paymah's cushion

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Classy.

Let's keep it pleasant in here - thanks

Kapaibro
11-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Any chance of having the D, the O and the ST play well in the same game?

Bronco4ever
Yup... this looks like our defense.

Den21vsBal19
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tned
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Thank GOD Hillis is back in the offense.

Where's he been all my season?

And Jay needs to go soak his head at halftime. That grounding was ridiculous.

~G

Why has it taken 8 weeks to start throwing to Hillis?

Kapaibro
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's a valid question!!!!!!

Retired_Member_001
Our running game is a disgrace.

Denver Native (Carol)
Yup... this looks like our defense.

Can't expect them to play 95% of the game

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh I agree.......................just the thought of it happening :rofl:

Bronco4ever

:jaw:

Kapaibro
Any chance we can stop losing to the guys in the ghey coloured unis?

Retired_Member_001

Shanahan's response:

"We're only 1 or 2 players away from a Super Bowl".

broncobryce
I can't believe this. We are playing like complete garbage except for Royal

Nomad
11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Classy.

I took it as if you were a female:noidea:, my apologies!

Paymah's not doing as bad of a job as you make him out to be doing.

Retired_Member_001
I can't believe this. We are playing like complete garbage except for Royal

I feel sorry for the fans in the crowd.

G_Money
Why has it taken 8 weeks to start throwing to Hillis?

I dunno, because every time he's caught the ball in the preseason or the real one he's shrugged off tacklers and made good gains.

I think maybe Bates doesn't like FBs.

Hopefully Hillis is done with his doghouse time and can be useful to us, especially when we're undermanned at TE and having a big strong receiving FB can help fill that gap.

~G

Kapaibro
11-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Giving up a home game to London ain't looking too bad now

Retired_Member_001
11-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Our D is like Swiss Cheese, full of holes.

G_Money
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Well, we'll see if we can hold em to another FG. 16 points would be a good half for the D, since they will only have given up 9 of the points.

Our offense HAS to come back. It's flat out embarassing to have all of our healthy playmakers on that side of the ball and we can only put 7 on the board.

~G

LRtagger
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Paymah's not doing as bad of a job as you make him out to be doing.

Maybe not, but it looks like all of their completions are to his side of the field.

Retired_Member_001
11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Giving up a home game to London ain't looking too bad now

I'm not going to pay to see this disgraceful display.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I can't imagine how much the time of possession so far in favor of Miami is :tsk:

Retired_Member_001
11-02-2008, 05:21 PM
wow.

Bronco4ever
Wow... we caught a huge break!

Slick
I was just getting ready to say...How 'bout our D forcing a turnover...

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Bronco Ball :rockon:

LRtagger
I have a feeling they will overturn that

Northman
Miami ball.

Kapaibro
Wait.....

did the gods of football just smile on us?

Den21vsBal19
Bronco Ball :rockon:
No it ain't :mad:

Nomad
No fumble! His knee was down then elbow then ball came out

Bronco4ever
11-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Crap. I was really hoping for that.

Northman
11-02-2008, 05:23 PM