PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should take a look at KGB

blueblood15
11-01-2008, 01:31 PM
GB relaeased him, i know he hasnt had a good year but he may be of some help to our D.......... What do you all think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3676640

The Green Bay Packers, who activated defensive tackle Justin Harrell from the physically-unable-to-perform list, opened a roster spot by releasing a longtime fan favorite.

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, who has 74½ sacks in nine seasons with the team, was notified Saturday morning he was being released.

Gbaja-Biamila

Harrell

Gbaja-Biamila, a 31-year-old defensive end, has only one start and half a sack this season. He had the team's highest cap number at $7.72 million.

"We want to thank Kabeer for his contributions to the Green Bay Packers," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said in a statement. "During his time here, he has been a big part of our organization and our community. We wish Kabeer and his family well."

Because he's a vested veteran, Gbaja-Biamila will not lose any of his $6.15 million salary. He will be on the waiver wire until Monday.

"My nine years as a Green Bay Packer have been a blessing that is beyond words. I thank God for bringing me to this first-class organization and first-class community," Gbaja-Biamila said in a statement. "... I don't know what my football future holds, but one thing I've realized is that football is more than a game -- it's about building relationships and changing lives."

Harrell has been unable to play this season after undergoing two operations to repair a herniated disk in his back, an injury he suffered lifting weights in March. He was able to begin practicing two weeks ago.

Harrell, who appeared in seven games last season, with two starts, was the Packers' first-round pick (No. 16 overall) in 2007.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

Related Topics: NFL, Green Bay Packers, Justin Harrell, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

underrated29
11-01-2008, 01:43 PM
id say hell yes bring him in. He still has some juice left, and he is as good as what we currently got.

slim
11-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Couldn't hurt to take a look.

Of course knowing shanny, we will probably bring in another WR instead :tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
If our D wasn't as bad as it is, I'd say hell no, BUT...

SR
11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Wouldn't hurt, that's for sure.

Ziggy
11-01-2008, 02:16 PM
He would be a great addition. He's better than any DE we have on the roster right now.

DenBronx
11-01-2008, 02:21 PM
couldnt hurt...our defense isnt going to get any better without him. would be alot better than crowder.

Gamechanger
11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
if ya'll playin 3-4 more he could be a good stand up Pass Rusher

Timmy!
11-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Seems like a no brainer, what's the harm in a one year contract. He'd be the 2nd best pass rusher we have. Having him on the opposite side of Doom sure couldn't hurt at this point.

broncobryce
11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Only if we get him VERY cheap

Buff
11-01-2008, 02:31 PM
If he's healthy, I'm all for it.

LRtagger
11-01-2008, 02:36 PM
No way Shanny does it...it would make too much sense.

Bronco9798
11-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Championship:rolleyes::confused:

MOtorboat
11-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Only if we get him VERY cheap

The Packers have to pay his full salary this year, so I imagine he'll sign for the minimum if he signs some where.

I say at least make him an offer, or bring him in and have him work out.

Drill-N-Fill
11-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe slow-wik can get him in...b/c he worked with him in the past.

DenBronx
11-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe slow-wik can get him in...b/c he worked with him in the past.

that might be a make or break reason for him to come here. if he really didnt like slowik then he might decide to stay far away from denver. my guess is he doesnt want to go any where near SLOWik.

KGB would be a good fit on a 1 or 2 year rental though.

Drill-N-Fill
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
that might be a make or break reason for him to come here. if he really didnt like slowik then he might decide to stay far away from denver. my guess is he doesnt want to go any where near SLOWik.

Yeah, maybe we should dump Slowik to show we are really interested in KGB :D

slim
11-01-2008, 05:05 PM

IDK, the DB's seemed to really like him when he was their position coach.

Ziggy
11-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Seems like a no brainer, what's the harm in a one year contract. He'd be the 2nd best pass rusher we have. Having him on the opposite side of Doom sure couldn't hurt at this point.

Not to mention the fact that he's much better against the run than Doom is.