PDA

View Full Version : League, players meet voluntarily for second straight week

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2011, 09:36 PM
GEEZ - LET'S GET THIS THING DONE!!!!!!

The NFL and players resumed what were described as "very serious talks" on Tuesday, according to sources, in an attempt to build off last week's secret negotiations in suburban Chicago, and work toward a resolution to end the three-month-old lockout.

The exact location of this set of talks remains unknown, though NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reports they are taking place in the New York area. The NFL declined comment on the matter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820375bc/article/league-players-meet-voluntarily-for-second-straight-week?module=HP_headlines

Montana Battlin Bear
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
This is very good news

TXBRONC
06-07-2011, 10:59 PM
GEEZ - LET'S GET THIS THING DONE!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820375bc/article/league-players-meet-voluntarily-for-second-straight-week?module=HP_headlines

The is good news but who cares where the talks take place. Just get it done.

FanInAZ
06-08-2011, 03:29 AM
Owners Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys), Robert Kraft (New England Patriots), Jerry Richardson (Carolina Panthers), Art Rooney (Pittsburgh Steelers) and John Mara (New York Giants) -- all members of the NFL's labor committee -- were in attendance last week, as were active players Mike Vrabel, Brian Dawkins, Tony Richardson and Jeff Saturday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith and NFLPA president Kevin Mawae.

Anyone notice whose missing from that list? Drew Brees and the rest of the players that filed the class action lawsuit.

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Anyone notice whose missing from that list? Drew Brees and the rest of the players that filed the class action lawsuit.

I think they're trying to keep to the groups to just the designated negotiating teams for each side and if I understand correctly Brady and Brees are not players negotiating committee.

LTC Pain
06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Geez, just gettur done! I'm ready for the short drive from NE Colorado Springs to Dove Valley :):):)

Lonestar
06-08-2011, 08:56 AM

No need for them t o be there they are superfluous to the issue.

I still so not think a deal gets done unless they fold and I do not see thatwith DS involves in the talks he has an agenda that is not good for the players. IMHO it will take the players to completey fold. I think they have been worked into a frenzy by DS and will almost have to fire the clown to get this done. That will only happen when the players figure out the owners are not gonna blink. And that will be about the point where they do not get their second or third game check.

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Geez, just gettur done! I'm ready for the short drive from NE Colorado Springs to Dove Valley :):):)

My thoughts exactly. :beer:

rcsodak
06-08-2011, 09:45 AM

Two separate entities. Cba negotiations aren't tied to the lawsuit.

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Two separate entities. Cba negotiations aren't tied to the lawsuit.

True they are separate issues but they are still linked. If a CBA is done before the law suit is complete bet gets dropped.

rcsodak
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
True they are separate issues but they are still linked. If a CBA is done before the law suit is complete bet gets dropped.
Still separate.
And we can only hope, right? ;)

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Still separate.
And we can only hope, right? ;)

I agreed with you that they are separate issues.

What grounds would they still have for their individual suits? ;)

rcsodak
06-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I agreed with you that they are separate issues.

What grounds would they still have for their individual suits? ;)
Ask DSmith what's next on his agenda. Lol

Antitrust?

Honestly, I think he's just hoping the players stand united long enough for a judge(s) to end the lockout and he gets "hand".

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Ask DSmith what's next on his agenda. Lol

Antitrust?

Honestly, I think he's just hoping the players stand united long enough for a judge(s) to end the lockout and he gets "hand".

Could be but he also apart of the ongoing negotiations. If his agenda is to stretch things out the next ruling it seems counter productive to let your client meet with other side.

BroncoStud
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Drew Brees can go to hell. He is the posterchild for all that is greedy and ignorant with the NFL players. I don't hear him saying ANYTHING in support of getting benefits for the many players that have come before him to assist them in their retirements or health issues.

Brees is all about Brees and I hope he gets his punkass booed in every stadium he enters when football resumes.

rcsodak
06-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Could be but he also apart of the ongoing negotiations. If his agenda is to stretch things out the next ruling it seems counter productive to let your client meet with other side.

True...but just being there in body isn't going against his real goal. Everytime the owners give an inch he can ask for another....

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 11:54 AM
True...but just being there in body isn't going against his real goal. Everytime the owners give an inch he can ask for another....

Maybe but none of us here know for sure.

rcsodak
06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Maybe but none of here know for sure.
Nope

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
NEW YORK -- Whether they are meeting in secret locations or in the middle of Times Square at rush hour, talks between NFL owners and players are a good sign.

Commissioner Roger Goodell has been saying that ever since the lockout began on March 12. Players, agents and lawyers familiar with the negotiating process second the notion.

Both sides met Wednesday for a second straight day in New York, with Judge Arthur Boylan joining Goodell and NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith. It was the second time this week that the sides got together. Last week, they met twice near Chicago.

Also on hand were five team owners and five players. That's a critical component for reaching a new collective bargaining agreement.

"Having meetings on a regular basis is not nearly as important as having productive talks," said agent Ben Dogra, whose clients include Patrick Willis and Sam Bradford. "If having productive talks encompasses meeting on a regular basis, then it is a good for them to meet as often as possible."

rest of article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6641580

rcsodak
06-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Guys on Sirius say they've talked with players from the meetings, who say things are actually happening...for the good.

Canmore
06-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Guys on Sirius say they've talked with players from the meetings, who say things are actually happening...for the good.

That's great news but I'll believe when I see it.

horsepig
06-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Why doesn't someone start up a new league. One where the players are employees of IBM, CYSCO, etc...

Then we can all be enthralled by the machinations of dept. manangers vs the best players' requests for better offices or a raise. If the league actually made money IBM would make damn sure the games were played.

horsepig
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Could become a pretty cutthroat and competitive league. LMFAO.

horsepig
06-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Would certainly change some of their recruiting practices.

Also, if the players got a little uppity, thay'd just fire'em and blackball'em.

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 07:46 PM

I'm gland but now I want to see something concrete.

rcsodak
06-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm gland but now I want to see something concrete.
Not assfault?

:lol:

Lonestar
06-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Would certainly change some of their recruiting practices.

Also, if the players got a little uppity, thay'd just fire'em and blackball'em.

Or move the department/team to India.

FanInAZ
06-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Or move the department/team to India.

:laugh: …and instead of the replay official being in the press box, he or she would be in a call center and speak with accent that none of the refs can't understand :laugh:

TXBRONC
06-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Not assfault?

:lol:

Nah, not assfault, concrete.