PDA

View Full Version : Torain might not play........

underrated29
10-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Over at BM some people have a link from rotoworld saying that shanny doesnt want to use torian yet, and wont unless there is an injury. And he will most likely get his first action against cleveland.

I hope this is all smoke and mirrors, i would even root for a MINOR calf or wrist, or headache injury to hall or young just to see him get some snaps.......ONLY MINOR. Just enough to take them out for a series, nothing worse.

ApaOps5
10-31-2008, 03:04 PM
He will play Andre Hall has missed 2 practices. Who does that leave Shanny with? Do the math he will be in there.

slim
10-31-2008, 03:07 PM
I bet this is like the rumor that Royal got pinched for juicing.

SR
10-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Every article or any thing else I've read indicates Torain will get some carries against Miami.

underrated29
10-31-2008, 03:14 PM
I think so too. But thats what their article said. I dont know much about rotoworld. Are they the kind of place that publishes rumors instead of facts?

I hate that- there was some other place that does that a lot too.

Let me know if they are and i wont ever post about somthing they said again.:salute:

BroncoJoe
10-31-2008, 03:18 PM
He'll play. Shanahan can't wait to get this kid on the field.

topscribe
10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
I just watched Shanny's presser (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2980&type=broncosTV&year=&month=), where he said he hoped he didn't have to
play Torain this week.

I don't think it will make much difference one way or the other, anyway. It's
going to take a few weeks to get Torain back into football shape and to get
him used to the speed of the game . . . remember, he doesn't have even a
preseason game under his belt.

So I believe we'll see a heavy dose of Pittman, which will be all right. He's
done a good job.

-----

ApaOps5
10-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I think so too. But thats what their article said. I dont know much about rotoworld. Are they the kind of place that publishes rumors instead of facts?

I hate that- there was some other place that does that a lot too.

Let me know if they are and i wont ever post about somthing they said again.:salute:

Rotoworld posts snippits from papers for all the teams and players for fantasy football players. This isn't a rumor they are basically quoting what Shanahan said at his press conference. But with Hall getting :cough: injured :cough: expect to see him at least in light duty giving Pittman a breather.

underrated29
10-31-2008, 03:45 PM
i am dying to see him play.

Last night i had a dream that I somehow missed the broncos game, and wasnt able to see ryan run. And none of the shows would play any clips or highlights from the game. So i came on here and no one would tell me or post a clip, because they were mad at me for missing the game.....

That dream has just fueled my desire to see him play.

Benetto
10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Unless Ryan plays a defensive snap, I could care less. Our problem is not on Offense. If he doesn't play, then there's a good reason. I'd hate to rush him back when Offense is putting up 30+ points when we dont turn the ball over.

dogfish
10-31-2008, 03:55 PM
shanny doesnt want to use torian yet

he's afraid of unleashing his devestating powers at home-- he wants to test it out during a road game first, just in case the amount of force given off happens to blow up the stadium. . . .

too bad we already played at oakland this year. . . .

G_Money
10-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Unless Ryan plays a defensive snap, I could care less. Our problem is not on Offense. If he doesn't play, then there's a good reason. I'd hate to rush him back when Offense is putting up 30+ points when we dont turn the ball over.

Last time we scored more than 19 points: Week 3.

We WERE a high-powered offense.

Turnovers, injuries and general malaise have gutted our explosive start to the offensive season.

There's no way Ryan gets 20 carries, but even if he can just get us a spark that the rest of the offense can feed off of with one or two of his 10 carries, that'll be good enough.

Helping our offense DOES help our defense. It gives us more scores we can give up before we lose. The last month 3 touchdowns beats us every game. And our defense is not likely to survive that sort of low-scoring game very often.

More offense, por favor, until we can find some D with new players, scheme and coaches. For this year, it's all on the O.

~G

Cutler6MVP
10-31-2008, 05:26 PM
I posted this last night, old news.

ApaOps5
10-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I posted this last night, old news.

Well aren't you special.

hamrob
10-31-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd like to see Hillis get some carries. I think he's a healthy solution to our RB woes. Give Torrain another few days to get ready. Regardless, I don't expect much from Torrain anyway...the kid hasn't even played in a preseason game...and his upper body strength has to be questionable at best.

smith49
10-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Last time we scored more than 19 points: Week 3.

We WERE a high-powered offense.

Turnovers, injuries and general malaise have gutted our explosive start to the offensive season.

There's no way Ryan gets 20 carries, but even if he can just get us a spark that the rest of the offense can feed off of with one or two of his 10 carries, that'll be good enough.
Helping our offense DOES help our defense. It gives us more scores we can give up before we lose. The last month 3 touchdowns beats us every game. And our defense is not likely to survive that sort of low-scoring game very often.

More offense, por favor, until we can find some D with new players, scheme and coaches. For this year, it's all on the O.

~G

dam G, you always beat me to the punch. i totally agree. our O has put our D

in some bad, bad situations this season. im not saying the D is any good, but

it would look a lot better if the O did not give up the ball every other time

they touch the ball.

also, the last two game the D has been on the field for so long i think i could

have run for 100yrds on them. again, i know that the D is in dire need, but

the O could really help them by staying on the field and by scoring a few

points.

LRtagger
11-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Whether he plays enough to make an impact tomorrow doesn't matter, but it would be idiotic to hold him out for the game. If he is 100%, he should at least get a couple carries to get adjusted to the game speed and plays before giving him enough carries to make an impact.

I would look for this game to be his "preseason" game where he gets 4-5 carries. Then against Cleveland maybe 8-9 carries and so on. It would make no sense at all to not give him a couple carries especially with Pittman banged up, Young and Hall questionable.

Tned
11-01-2008, 02:54 PM
There is another report on Rotoworld (can't remember if it was DP or RMN) that says Torain is the healthiest RB that the Broncos have coming out of the bye and that his elbow is fully healed.

broncobryce
11-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Pittman will get 20 carries against miami. Hopefully his ribs are okay afterwords. Throw in Selvin for a change of pace and hopefully we get at least 150 yards rushing. And get in the end zone.