PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now I see why so many come to these boards

Pages : [1] 2

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 09:15 AM
After getting miscelaneous infractions over the course of my time at the official Broncos forums, I finally reached the last straw.

I was temporarily suspended from the board for saying that the mods weren't doing their job with managing the Tebow threads... And I was right!

I'm sick of having to go to that board and seeing the majority of those threads relating to Tebow. How hard is it to make ONE Tebow appreciation thread? It's gotten ridiculous.

Anyways...... Who do you guys think we're going to go after at the DT position, once the lockout ends?

GO BRONCOS!:defense:

chazoe60
06-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Gotta love that Tebow kid, huh?

Dzone
06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Tebow does a lot of different things, therefore there are lots of Tebow threads. Its good to know like what he had for breakfast. And what kind of Hanes ts hirt he has on that day. Things like that.
Usually all threads morph into a Tebow thread eventually.

chazoe60
06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Since this thread has evolved into a Tebow thread I was wondering if any of you guys have picked up his book yet?

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 09:30 AM
One of the reasons we started an alternative place for folks to come to.

Having been a mod, it is a bit overwhelming and still be able to post.

It is easy to see thin skinned moderators.

Dzone
06-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Since this thread has evolved into a Tebow thread I was wondering if any of you guys have picked up his book yet?
Ya I bought it. Its actually a pretty good book. I would recommend it. Its $27. For that price it better be good.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Saw Someone quoting from it in another thread.

RebelRocker
Gotta love that Tebow kid, huh?

Not really. This whole experience of being suspended from that board made me realize his "popularity" is a BIG problem. If he can't earn the starting job by winning the competition, I don't want him to be "our guy". I hope the FO and coach Fox aren't pressured into picking him, based on his popularity. I think I'll get a Miller or Bailey jersey to wear so I can atleast feel proud about wearing the guy's name on my back.

I'm sorry, but "Tebow-mania" is starting to ruin my experience as a life long Broncos fan.

topscribe
After getting miscelaneous infractions over the course of my time at the official Broncos forums, I finally reached the last straw.

I was temporarily suspended from the board for saying that the mods weren't doing their job with managing the Tebow threads... And I was right!

I'm sick of having to go to that board and seeing the majority of those threads relating to Tebow. How hard is it to make ONE Tebow appreciation thread? It's gotten ridiculous.

Anyways...... Who do you guys think we're going to go after at the DT position, once the lockout ends?

I'm probably as tired as you to this Tebow saturation (even though I like the kid).
But, to many others, Tebow is hot news, and they love to talk and read about
him. So, since I am one poster and not the majority, I find I have to ride with
the flow. After all, I can remember clear back to 1983 when I couldn't get
enough of Elway.

Best just accept it and read and post what are commensurate with your own
interests, as some others of us, who are "Tebow-weary," do.

Meanwhile, it is not considered kosher on this board to directly criticize another
board. You might also keep that in mind . . .

Probably never will. See above. :laugh:

-----

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Ya I bought it. Its actually a pretty good book. I would recommend it. Its $27. For that price it better be good.

I'll wait till it hits the used Book stores. And get it for 3'bucks

Dzone
06-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Wondering how on earth Tebow mania is ruining your experience as a lifelong Bronco fan. Wow. Thats really sad.

chazoe60
06-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Wondering how on earth Tebow mania is ruining your experience as a lifelong Bronco fan. Wow. Thats really sad.

Yeah it really sucks to have a guy so popular on your favorite team. Especially one who shows nothing but very good character. I hate seeing this kid with high moral standards, outgoing personality, charitable organizations, and high intangibles both on and off the field donning our beloved blue and orange. :tsk:

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah it really sucks to have a guy so popular on your favorite team. Especially one who shows nothing but very good character. I hate seeing this kid with high moral standards, outgoing personality, charitable organizations, and high intangibles both on and off the field donning our beloved blue and orange. :tsk:

Yeah, but can he play QB at this level?

50% completion percentage
4/3 TD/INT ratio
1-2 record(He beat the one team by ONE point. That team had the statistically worst pass D in NFL history)

When I said "Tebowmania" is starting to ruin my experience as a Broncos fan, I meant the people that blindly support him. It did put me in a hard spot rooting against a guy of Tebow's character(I did want us draft him, afterall) his fans are just ruining what used to be a safe haven for BRONCOS fans to come and talk about our favorite team.

So let me make this clear, TEBOW himself is not ruining my experience, his FANS are. I really do feel bad not wanting to support him right now, but somebody's gotta look beneath the surface and realize that all of this publicity can become a problem.

topscribe
06-05-2011, 10:06 AM

4/3 TD/INT ratio
1-2 record(He beat the one team by ONE point. That team had the statistically worst pass D in NFL history)

When I said "Tebowmania" is starting to ruin my experience as a Broncos fan, I meant the people that blindly support him. It did put me in a hard spot rooting against a guy of Tebow's character(I did want us draft him, afterall) his fans are just ruining what used to be a safe haven for BRONCOS fans to come and talk about our favorite team.

So let me make this clear, TEBOW himself is not ruining my experience, his FANS are. I really do feel bad not wanting to support him right now, but somebody's gotta look beneath the surface and realize that all of this publicity can become a problem.

Tebow was a rookie, friend. Rookies don't ordinarily do all that well in the NFL.
I'm more interested in seeing what he can do after a year or two under his
belt . . .

-----

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 10:06 AM

Because it seems like every other Broncos board I go to, all anyone wants to talk about is Tebow and seemingly, ignores the rest of the team. I love this TEAM more than anybody that can play for them. That should be the mentality for our fanbase.

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Tebow was a rookie, friend. Rookies don't ordinarily do all that well in the NFL.
I'm more interested in seeing what he can do after a year or two under his
belt . . .

-----

Again, here's another issue. Everybody wants to clamor to what he's done great and make excuses for when he hasn't done something well.

I hate to bring up Cutler, but he had some pretty solid stats for a rookie with far less talent on offense.

Cutler
Games started- 5
Passing yards-1,001
TD/INT ratio-9/5
59.1 %completion percentage
2-3 W-L record

Tebow
Games started- 3
Passing yards-653
TD/INT ratio-4/3
1-2 W-L record

Now can we PLEASE get back to the topic of this thread? Who are we going to get to address our DT position? :D

topscribe
06-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Again, here's another issue. Everybody wants to clamor to what he's done great and make excuses for when he hasn't done something well.

I hate to bring up Cutler, but he had some pretty solid stats for a rookie with far less talent on offense.

Cutler
Games started- 5
Passing yards-1,001
TD/INT ratio-9/5
2-3 W-L record

Tebow
Games started- 3
Passing yards-653
TD/INT ratio-4/3
1-2 W-L record

Now can we PLEASE get back to the topic of this thread? Who are we going to get to address our DT position? :D

Then don't bring up Cutler. I deplore such comparisons. They don't mean a thing.

And if this is the topic of this thread, then okay. It's just that your OP was so
rambling that it was hard to tell what the topic was.

So, in answer to your question, I don't know.

/thread.

-----

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Cutler
Games started- 5
Passing yards-1,001
TD/INT ratio-9/5
2-3 W-L record

Tebow
Games started- 3
Passing yards-653
TD/INT ratio-4/3
1-2 W-L record

Wow. That's extremely close to the same, exact stat line.

:coffee:

chazoe60
06-05-2011, 10:29 AM

And it doesn't even take into account rushing stats. I know, a QB's job is to throw the ball but those yards and points still count.

chazoe60
06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
It did put me in a hard spot rooting against a guy of Tebow's character(I did want us draft him, afterall)

Oh, and why are you actively rooting against one of our QBs?

I hate the idea of Orton starting for us again but I never rooted against his success as long as he was playing for us.

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Oh, and why are you actively rooting against one of our QBs?

I hate the idea of Orton starting for us again but I never rooted against his success as long as he was playing for us.

Who said I'd root against Tebow, IF he won the job? I don't think he's our best option to win right now. If he wins the job, OF COURSE I'll support him!!! You guys really took this thread the wrong way. I clearly stated that to me, Tebow isn't the problem, it's his HARDCORE FANS that are the problem. I think that looks pretty obvious at how I've been attacked for posting this thread that was aimed to express my displeasure of the Tebow fanatics taking over EVERY Broncos message board, not to bash on the guy, himself.

To answer my OP, I think Brandon Mebane makes a lot of sense. He may be a RFA, depending on the new CBA, but it sounds like we're interested in him.

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 10:50 AM

See what you've made me do? You made me bring out the nasty C-word:eviltongue:

lol

Northman
06-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I do think people in this thread totally missed what Rebel was getting at. We've had our fair share of Gator fans on this board who make it quite impossible to want to hear about Tebow in 50 different threads. Its not the player thats the problem, its his fanbase who are over the top.

chazoe60
06-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I do think people in this thread totally missed what Rebel was getting at. We've had our fair share of Gator fans on this board who make it quite impossible to want to hear about Tebow in 50 different threads. Its not the player thats the problem, its his fanbase who are over the top.

Let me just say that I don't see the Tebow fanatics as being all that bad. Sure there are a couple goofballs, but really its not terrible.

Now, I come to this from a different viewpoint because I received a lifetime ban at the other place for being on the wrong side of too many Orton debates with one particular individual (you can all guess who that is probably). And I still lurk over there from time to time and the Orton fanatics while fewer in number are much more disrespectful, belligerent, and trollish. And, they get no punishment for it whatsoever. I was banned and essentially labeled a troll and yet Neckbeard is still allowed to do his thing over there.

cardoso
06-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Cutler
Games started- 5
Passing yards-1,001
TD/INT ratio-9/5
2-3 W-L record

Tebow
Games started- 3
Passing yards-653
TD/INT ratio-4/3
1-2 W-L record

Cutler also had a foundation under him. He had an offensive genius coaching him. He had a running game and a great offensive line.

Tebow was thrown in there in the middle of so much adversity it's not even funny. He had no running game, no offensive line, and a Running back coach helplessly acting as a head coach.

Tebow did a great job with what he had to work with and more importantly tebow gave us hope and a reason to watch the last few games of the season.

His stats for His first 3 starts are some of the best of any rookie in the history of the nfl. Maybe you should do some research. Your reasons for hating tebow are pathetic.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I think someone just made the OP's point for him...

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 11:16 AM
To answer my OP, I think Brandon Mebane makes a lot of sense. He may be a RFA, depending on the new CBA, but it sounds like we're interested in him.

One of the reasons the quarterback situation is so talked about is because all of the players that should be involved are on the roster currently, and under contract.

Defensive tackle is a crap shoot, because there's just one signed and possibly another, depending on RFA/FA situation. There's little debate around the team, except maybe at MLB, FS and RT. Not exactly glamor positions.

topscribe
06-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Let me just say that I don't see the Tebow fanatics as being all that bad. Sure there are a couple goofballs, but really its not terrible.

Now, I come to this from a different viewpoint because I received a lifetime ban at the other place for being on the wrong side of too many Orton debates with one particular individual (you can all guess who that is probably). And I still lurk over there from time to time and the Orton fanatics while fewer in number are much more disrespectful, belligerent, and trollish. And, they get no punishment for it whatsoever. I was banned and essentially labeled a troll and yet Neckbeard is still allowed to do his thing over there.

Chaz, I argued Orton with you over there, and I have argued Orton with you
over here. (I know I'm not the one you're talking about, so that's not what I'm
getting at here.) So, having been a "foe" of yours in both places, I can say
that I have nothing but respect for you as a poster in either place.

I know this is way off-topic, but I had to say it. Now, back to topic, whatever
it is. *shrugs*

-----

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 11:27 AM

Thank you, Northman. As for chazoe, I understand where you're coming from. It's complete BS how the other board manages their threads and I may soon be joining you on the lifetime "banned" list, lol.:D

I just want this team to win. It's been so depressing to see us out of playoff contention for so long now. I LOVE the new regime and I'm going to support whatever they do.

BTW, love your sig! lol

SHUT THE **** UP, DONNY!!! LOL

GEM
06-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Because it seems like every other Broncos board I go to, all anyone wants to talk about is Tebow and seemingly, ignores the rest of the team. I love this TEAM more than anybody that can play for them. That should be the mentality for our fanbase.

Not trying to be rude here, but if you are sick of tebow talk, why come and start another tebow thread? Just find it kind of ironic complaining of all the tebow talj by again talkung about tebow. :lol:

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I hate to bring up Cutler, but he had some pretty solid stats for a rookie with far less talent on offense
Who are we going to get to address our DT position? :D
Jay had less talent than last year.

IIRC we has just came off a 13-2 season and the afcgc. Do not get there without taken on the squad.
Certainly not the dead last in defense and rushing. Did not have two starting rookies on the OL In front of him.
As far As DT is concerned they could bring in mickey the mope and it would be an upgrade

topscribe
06-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Jay had less talent than last year.

IIRC we has just came off a 13-2 season and the afcgc. Do not get there without taken on the squad.
Certainly not the dead last in defense and rushing. Did not have two starting rookies on the OL In front of him.
As far As DT is concerned they could bring in mickey the mope and it would be an upgrade

Did you mean Jay had more talent?

-----

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Just as bad for the anti Josh, Orton, pro Mikey and jay folks.

But then who/what would we be talking about since there seems to be nothing else to chat about.

No OTAs trades FAs.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Cutler also had a foundation under him. He had an offensive genius coaching him. He had a running game and a great offensive line.
Tebow was thrown in there in the middle of so much adversity it's not even funny. He had no running game, no offensive line, and a Running back coach helplessly acting as a head coach.
Tebow did a great job with what he had to work with and more importantly tebow gave us hope and a reason to watch the last few games of the season.
His stats for His first 3 starts are some of the best of any rookie in the history of the nfl. Maybe you should do some research. Your reasons for hating tebow are pathetic.

Not to Mention the last practice time he had all year with the first team was in training camp.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Did you mean Jay had more talent?

-----

Surrounding him yes. As for jay vs TEbow I'll take the intangibles for 200 top anyday.
I like a guy that does not fold like a cheap tent when we play San.

topscribe
06-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Surrounding him yes. As for jay vs TEbow I'll take the intangibles for 200 top anyday.
I like a guy that does not fold like a cheap tent when we play San.

I'll have to see more of Tebow before I make any kind of evaluation such as that.
Tebow hasn't yet taken his team to any kind of championship game on the pro level.

Jay has.

-----

Bullgator
06-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Not really. This whole experience of being suspended from that board made me realize his "popularity" is a BIG problem. If he can't earn the starting job by winning the competition, I don't want him to be "our guy". I hope the FO and coach Fox aren't pressured into picking him, based on his popularity. I think I'll get a Miller or Bailey jersey to wear so I can atleast feel proud about wearing the guy's name on my back.

I'm sorry, but "Tebow-mania" is starting to ruin my experience as a life long Broncos fan.

So you get yourself banned and Tebow is to blame? lol IMO no one cares about your personal preferences. Why dont you keep them personal.

How about this... you work on your issues on how to control your own emotions.... like maybe not getting annoyed for the dumbest shit... and let the rest of the world be free to post what they want.

Instead of wanting to take away everyone elses freedom because you have a weak mind. Tell me why do the rest of us have to carry your baggage?

Bullgator
06-05-2011, 12:50 PM
And another thing... If you dont like the content you see then there are three things you can do...

A) of course dont click on it

B) ffs definitely dont make a threads about that same content, that would be silly considering you are sick of seeing said content

C) YOU CAN ALSO POST. Post w/e you like man. The content on these boards are posted by its people. You qualify. You can fight the TT threads by posting non TT threads... if all the whiners did that then there wouldnt be a problem. I guess TT fans are a lil more dedicated and passionate. represent boi.

gnomeflinger
06-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Dear Bullgator,

What are your hopes and dreams?

Sincerely,

Gnomey

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll have to see more of Tebow before I make any kind of evaluation such as that.
Tebow hasn't yet taken his team to any kind of championship game on the pro level.

Jay has.

-----
Thought I'd never hear garbage like that from you. While the QB gets the glory he did little to secure that season record other than be on the team that has a great defense ms special teams group.

Sorry but jay fell into beat crap and came out smelling good.

As for TEbow he is many times the leader and WINNER than jay is.

This is the first year he was on a winning team since HS.

Tebow has never been on a loser till this year.

TEbow inspires play

Now does he have the talent to win big in the NFL I'm not sure but even
Knowing that I'd take TEbow over jay any day and twice on sundays.

Bullgator
06-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Thought I'd never hear garbage like that from you. While the QB gets the glory he did little to secure that season record other than be on the team that has a great defense ms special teams group.

TEbow inspires play

This Tebow VS. Cutler thing may be new to you guys but having seen both of them play in the SEC their entire careers, it is indeed laughable that they can even be compared.

Clearly, CLEARLY Tebow has always been and will aways be a better QB than Cutler. For those of us who have been watching em both for years its clear.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 01:54 PM
This Tebow VS. Cutler thing may be new to you guys but having seen both of them play in the SEC their entire careers, it is indeed laughable that they can even be compared.

Clearly, CLEARLY Tebow has always been and will aways be a better QB than Cutler. For those of us who have been watching em both for years its clear.

In college.

Bullgator
06-05-2011, 02:05 PM
In college.

Better is better. Just because the name changes from college to three lil letters doesnt mean their abilities have changed.

Tebow has been and will always be a player to elevate his entire team. Tebow has and will always have the option to pick up scores and first downs with his feet. Jay is a bit more accurate than TT at this point but better QB? For those in the know, they arent even in the same ball park.

Jay is so used to losing he has the KO attitude of "hey its not my fault we lost... I got my yards"

topscribe
06-05-2011, 02:06 PM

TEbow inspires play

And I never thought you would consider as garbage one's waiting to see what
one has not yet seen.

I'm not interested in a Tebow debate, especially in comparison to Jay. All I
was saying was that I have to see more from Tebow before I label him as any
kind of success on the professional level.

As the likes of Steve Spurrier, Tim Couch, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell,
Bobby Douglas, and Tommy Maddox have found out, college is not the pros.
I don't care in the least what Tebow accomplished in college. Even John Elway
doesn't yet consider him a good QB. There is a lot Tebow has to prove on this
level, and his college career achieves nothing to that end . . .

-----

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Better is better. Just because the name changes from college to three lil letters doesnt mean their abilities have changed.

:tsk:

Haven't watched much of the pro game until last year, eh?

Bullgator
06-05-2011, 02:13 PM

Haven't watched much of the pro game until last year, eh?

Yea I have... what did I see from cutler? buncha yards and a give up attitude that I saw at vandy for his whole career. As for TT, that will unfold this year

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll agree with your assessment of Cutler, though he did just get two wins away from being a Super Bowl Champion quarterback, which only few do.

We will wait and see on Tebow.

Softskull
06-05-2011, 02:28 PM

No accounting for the talent around them. Vandy has had about 10 players drafted to the NFL since Cutler was a freshman. The Gators had 9 last year alone.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 02:31 PM
In the actual spirit of this thread, here's a bunch of stuff about Brandon Lloyd:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/05/30/a-few-minutes-with-brandon-lloyd/

Sorry, he's asked about Tebow...

BroncoStud
06-05-2011, 03:19 PM

And all this time I thought Orton-mania was ruinng my experience as a lifeling Denver Broncos fan... Hell, Tebow is a breath of fresh air after watching us convert 33% of our 3rd downs since Jay Cutler left.

BroncoStud
06-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll agree with your assessment of Cutler, though he did just get two wins away from being a Super Bowl Champion quarterback, which only few do.

You transplant Tebow's heart and mental toughness into Cutler's body and you have pretty much an unstoppable QB.

Northman
06-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Not at the pro level. At least not yet. The verdict is still out on both QB's at this point. You just cant compare what they did in college to the pro's. It doesnt work that way.

At the college level Tebow definitely trumps Jay but he also had a much better program around him.

sneakers
06-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I like pancakes

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I like pancakes

Chocolate chip?

Canmore
06-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Chocolate chip?

My daughter's favorite.

FanInAZ
06-05-2011, 04:47 PM
C) YOU CAN ALSO POST. Post w/e you like man. The content on these boards are posted by its people. You qualify. You can fight the TT threads by posting non TT threads... if all the whiners did that then there wouldnt be a problem. I guess TT fans are a lil more dedicated and passionate. represent boi.

Nice in theory, but I tried that during the Cutler trade backlash a couple of years ago. I started 2 different threads that specifically dealt with our defense because there was no way that Cutler could possibly be relevant in the discussion. However, someone brought him up in one of the threads anyways and was saluted by 2 or 3 member for doing so. Therefore, I decide to do option D...

D) Take a sabbatical. Seriously, the only way I could get away from the Cutler Wars was to stop coming here for about a month.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Jake Plummer.

Go!

FanInAZ
06-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Jake Plummer.

Go!

;) Your attempted provocation is about 5 years too late ;)

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 05:24 PM
And I never thought you would consider as garbage one's waiting to see what
one has not yet seen.I'm not interested in a Tebow debate, especially in comparison to Jay. All I
was saying was that I have to see more from Tebow before I label him as any
kind of success on the professional level. I don't care in the least what Tebow accomplished in college. Even John Elway
doesn't yet consider him a good QB. There is a lot Tebow has to prove on this
level, and his college career achieves nothing to that end . . .
-----

I'm guessing you missed this part of my post.
"Now does he have the talent to win big in the NFL I'm not sure, but even knowing that I'd take TEbow over jay everyday and twice on Sunday's "

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Not trying to be rude here, but if you are sick of tebow talk, why come and start another tebow thread? Just find it kind of ironic complaining of all the tebow talj by again talkung about tebow. :lol:

Not really. I started this thread to express my distaste for his FANS, not Tebow personally. Again, this just further proves my point that people have to get defensive everytime something bad is mentioned of him, lol. It's become apparent that there can never be a rational debate made about this guy.

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 06:56 PM
So you get yourself banned and Tebow is to blame? lol IMO no one cares about your personal preferences. Why dont you keep them personal.

How about this... you work on your issues on how to control your own emotions.... like maybe not getting annoyed for the dumbest shit... and let the rest of the world be free to post what they want.

Instead of wanting to take away everyone elses freedom because you have a weak mind. Tell me why do the rest of us have to carry your baggage?

If you're going to try to attack me, atleast get your facts straight. I have not been banned from the other board, I was temporarily SUSPENDED. It's funny you say that I should keep my personal preferences to myself. I've NEVER seen you post something on this board if it didn't relate to Tebow. Sounds like a pretty narrow minded "wanna be" fan of this team, to me. If you're such a fan of this team, then why don't you tell me who favorite player is BESIDES Tebow?

Enjoy:beer:

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
And all this time I thought Orton-mania was ruinng my experience as a lifeling Denver Broncos fan... Hell, Tebow is a breath of fresh air after watching us convert 33% of our 3rd downs since Jay Cutler left.

So a jay lover that makes we we on why you have a woody for orton.

So I guess you were alright losing big time to San twice a year. When jaylo had a melt down competing with rivers.
I guess that is alright. It me I want a qb that at least gives me a chance in wining division games.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Please MB he did very little to get that team to where it wound up. The defense and ST did the heavy lifting. And then of course when it counted he folded like a cheap tent in a breeze.

I know your smarter than that.

But TEbow has not proved he can win consistently in the NFL YET. He has been a winner all of his life and I expect that he will continue to do so.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Please MB he did very little to get that team to where it wound up. The defense and ST did the heavy lifting. And then of course when it counted he folded like a cheap tent in a breeze.

I know your smarter than that.

But TEbow has not proved he can win consistently in the NFL YET. He has been a winner all of his life and I expect that he will continue to do so.

He was there. Winning matters, especially for quarterbacks, and he got there. Sure, he folded in that game, but he got them there.

I won't be inconsistent and argue two years ago that wins matter for Orton, and then two years later argue they don't matter for Cutler.

He won games this season, and I can't argue against that.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 07:52 PM
No accounting for the talent around them. Vandy has had about 10 players drafted to the NFL since Cutler was a freshman. The Gators had 9 last year alone.

Just a reflection of jay being a second rate talent that he could not get a "Qb" scholarship any place but vandy and we all know he did not go there for the academics. Even the HC at his state university would not bite on him as a Qb but offered him a safety spot.
Guess even back then they knew he was a head case.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
You transplant Tebow's heart and mental toughness into Cutler's body and you have pretty much an unstoppable QB.

One more thing we agree on. Getting scary.

You can teach fundamentals, reading defenses, can build arm strength , work on foot work and technique.
But you can't teach heart and mental toughness. You either have it on not.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Just a reflection of jay being a second rate talent that he could not get a "Qb" scholarship any place but vandy and we all know he did not go there for the academics. Even the HC at his state university would not bite on him as a Qb but offered him a safety spot.
Guess even back then they knew he was a head case.

That's ridiculous. And you should know it.

Tony Romo went to Northern Illinois, Joe Flacco went to Delaware, Philip Rivers went to N.C. State, Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami U (of Ohio).

After looking more into the last half of 2010, when winning meant a playoff berth or going home. In the seven wins after the bye week for the Bears, Cutler completed 63 percent of his passes and threw 16 TDs and 5 INTs. His rating was over 100 in those seven wins. Like him or not, and I sure as hell don't like him, he performed as one of the better quarterbacks in the league in the second half of the season.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Nice in theory, but I tried that during the Cutler trade backlash a couple of years ago. I started 2 different threads that specifically dealt with our defense because there was no way that Cutler could possibly be relevant in the discussion. However, someone brought him up in one of the threads anyways and was saluted by 2 or 3 member for doing so. Therefore, I decide to do option D...

D) Take a sabbatical. Seriously, the only way I could get away from the Cutler Wars was to stop coming here for about a month.

I agree that Even the great jay would not have won is many if anyore games than the team did last year he is a head case that folds whe the chops are down and having an automatic loss to the bolts twice a year is impossible to make up.

I also have taken sabbaticals bothe voluntary and induced to get away from the hate and discontent.

spikerman
06-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I also have taken sabbaticals bothe voluntary and induced to get away from the hate and discontent.

Don't many of your posts reflect your hate and discontent of/with Cutler and/or Shanahan? :confused:

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Tony Romo went to Northern Illinois, Joe Flacco went to Delaware, Philip Rivers went to N.C. State, Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami U (of Ohio).

After looking more into the last half of 2010, when winning meant a playoff berth or going home. In the seven wins after the bye week for the Bears, Cutler completed 63 percent of his passes and threw 16 TDs and 5 INTs. His rating was over 100 in those seven wins. Like him or not, and I sure as hell don't like him, he performed as one of the better quarterbacks in the league in the second half of the season.

Since I do not waste my time watching the bears perhaps you or someone can tell me how many of the drives were set up by a stellar defense or ST play giving jay great field position to start with.
For that matter just how many yards hen put up during that run. And who they played. just for jollies how the wining QBs Performed during that time.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Don't many of your posts reflect your hate and discontent of/with Cutler and/or Shanahan? :confused:
Discontent perhaps but not hate. I always wondered why fewer fans/members did not see them for what they were.

Btw you can zing better than that.

Lonestar
06-05-2011, 08:52 PM

on.

Meant to adress this portion. What do those QBs have to do with jay bs TEbow.

spikerman
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Discontent perhaps but not hate. I always wondered why fewer fans/members did not see them for what they were.

Btw you can zing better than that.

I can absolutely "zing better than that", if that was my intention. If you "wonder why fewer fans/members did not see them for what they were", maybe the problem was with the tone of the posts themselves and not all of the members.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Since I do not waste my time watching the bears perhaps you or someone can tell me how many of the drives were set up by a stellar defense or ST play giving jay great field position to start with.
For that matter just how many yards hen put up during that run. And who they played. just for jollies how the wining QBs Performed during that time.

If you don't "waste my time watching the bears," then why even comment?

Why even bring up the quarterback of that team if you didn't watch the games?

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Meant to adress this portion. What do those QBs have to do with jay bs TEbow.

Trouble following your own arguments?

"Just a reflection of jay being a second rate talent that he could not get a "Qb" scholarship any place but vandy and we all know he did not go there for the academics."

So, are those, also under-recruited, small college quarterbacks second rate talent because of where they come from.

Flacco got beat out by Tyler Palko, the third string quarterback of the Chiefs, and played at a DI-AA School.

Tony Romo couldn't even get a D-I Scholarship.

Roethlisberger played in the second-worst D-I Conference and wasn't recruited at all by big schools.

Philip Rivers played for a terrible football school in a lesser conference than the SEC.

I think all four examples are relevant when you call Cutler a second-rate talent because of where he came from.

girler
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM

Tebow has been and will always be a player to elevate his entire team. Tebow has and will always have the option to pick up scores and first downs with his feet. Jay is a bit more accurate than TT at this point but better QB? For those in the know, they arent even in the same ball park.

Jay is so used to losing he has the KO attitude of "hey its not my fault we lost... I got my yards"

Um, I'm a few hours late and totally off subject. But if you are a man, turn in your man card NOW. No man can say "lil" and stay manly. :tsk:

If you're a woman, then, hey.

NorCalBronco7
06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Lame ass thread.

broncobryce
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM

I do know that Tebow had just as many 300 yard passing games as Cutler last season.

topscribe
06-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I do know that Tebow had just as many 300 yard passing games as Cutler last season.

Do you think he will ever average 300 yards a game?

-----

Canmore
06-05-2011, 10:01 PM

-----

I'd like to see a more balanced offense, 250 yards passing and 150 yards rushing for a nice 400 yards a game average.

broncobryce
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM

-----

Only the great Kyle Orton is capable of that, Top. ;)

topscribe
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Only the great Kyle Orton is capable of that, Top. ;)

Question withdrawn, your honor . . . :D

-----

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM

-----

There have been only five individuals who have each had one season where they averaged over 300 yards per game.

Marino in 84, Brees in 09, Warner in 01, Brady in 07 and Fouts in 81.

I don't think there's a very large chance that Tebow ever averages even close to those five seasons.

SR
06-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Ronrico rum with diet Coke with lime is AWESOME. That's all I have to add to this ridiculous thread.

topscribe
06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
There have been only five individuals who have each had one season where they averaged over 300 yards per game.

Marino in 84, Brees in 09, Warner in 01, Brady in 07 and Fouts in 81.

I don't think there's a very large chance that Tebow ever averages even close to those five seasons.

I hope he doesn't . . . whoever the QB is.

I hope it's like Canmore said: a balanced offense . . .

-----

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
You're talking about him having one of the best 100 seasons, yardage-wise, in NFL history. Eli Manning and Peyton Manning are tied at the 98th best yardage season in NFL history, which just so happens to be 4,002 yards, which is just over 250 yards a game over a 16 game season.

Tebow might accomplish that once, but he'll be a mid-3,000s type guy most of his career, imo.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Ronrico rum with diet Coke with lime is AWESOME. That's all I have to add to this ridiculous thread.

jVnehc5qzRM

SR
06-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Carlos Mencia sucks.

Bullgator
06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
If you're going to try to attack me, atleast get your facts straight. I have not been banned from the other board, I was temporarily SUSPENDED. It's funny you say that I should keep my personal preferences to myself. I've NEVER seen you post something on this board if it didn't relate to Tebow. Sounds like a pretty narrow minded "wanna be" fan of this team, to me. If you're such a fan of this team, then why don't you tell me who favorite player is BESIDES Tebow?

Enjoy:beer:

I make no bones about my loyalties. I really have no need to prove my Broncos knowledge.

Just saying if you have some news on anyone else Ill read it. Post that shit holmes.

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I make no bones about my loyalties. I really have no need to prove my Broncos knowledge.

Just saying if you have some news on anyone else Ill read it. Post that shit holmes.

You may not feel you need to prove your Broncos knowledge, and I'm not asking you to, but we all know it starts and stops with 2010.

jhildebrand
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM

But you want Orton, who has never had to earn or WIN the very same job you insist Tebow should win?!?! :confused: Orton was handed the job and his W/L numbers suck. I would be happy if the team took their chances with Tebow. As for his followers, I can't stand most of them but that is another story.

I Eat Staples
06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I come to these boards because they're awesome.

jhildebrand
06-05-2011, 10:54 PM

Actually it does. You see, in college tha rah rah stuff works. The spread works. D's aren't as fast and quick like in the NFL.

Oh and let's pretend that Vandy had commensurate talent with Florida.

Let's wait for a proper sample before stating opinion as fact.

I like Jay. I like Tebow. But let's not pretend the college game is every bit the same as the pro game. We just haven't seen enough of Tebow in the pros to know how he will do. I think it is safe to say Jay and his talent translates well to the NFL.

Tebow could be the next Steve Young or the next Danny Wuerfel. We just don't know. I just hope EFX give him a full season as starter so we can get an idea.

Bullgator
06-05-2011, 10:54 PM
You may not feel you need to prove your Broncos knowledge, and I'm not asking you to, but we all know it starts and stops with 2010.

Absolutely untrue. But even if it were true... how is that bad?

jhildebrand
06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Since I do not waste my time watching the bears

You post that after stating, as a matter of fact, that Cutler was only in the position he was i.e. NFCCG because of the D. Wow that's rich!

MOtorboat
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM

I doubt it. And it would make you a Teroll.

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM

It's bad because you're not a real fan. You mine as well change your sig to the Gators logo because nobody is going to seriously think you're a fan of this team.

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
But you want Orton, who has never had to earn or WIN the very same job you insist Tebow should win?!?! :confused: Orton was handed the job and his W/L numbers suck. I would be happy if the team took their chances with Tebow. As for his followers, I can't stand most of them but that is another story.

What are you talking about, dude? In all fairness to Orton, he earned EVERY starting job he ever got! We'll just agree to disagree on this one because I've had enough irrelevant arguing for one day.

:beer:

jhildebrand
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
What are you talking about, dude? In all fairness to Orton, he earned EVERY starting job he ever got! We'll just agree to disagree on this one because I've had enough irrelevant arguing for one day.

Oton was handed the starting job here. Plain and simple. Remember how poorly his first TC was going. Then to make matters worse, he had the bad showing at the open practice at Invesco that became known as "Orton hears a boo." Simms had far out played Orton in TC and at that practice and beyond. Yet Orton was the guy McDaniels went with.

Orton was handed the job. It makes sense, too. McDaniels could not under any circumstance trade a young, up and coming pro bowl QB for Orton only to see Orton lose out to a QB who had been out of the league due to injury. Orton was playing no matter what.

People still cling to Orton because the miracle that is 6-0. The fallacy with crediting Orton with that start is that start had more to do with our D completely shutting out teams in 2nd half of games than it ever did Orton. But that is a different story.

Canmore
06-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Oton was handed the starting job here. Plain and simple. Remember how poorly his first TC was going. Then to make matters worse, he had the bad showing at the open practice at Invesco that became known as "Orton hears a boo." Simms had far out played Orton in TC and at that practice and beyond. Yet Orton was the guy McDaniels went with.

Orton was handed the job. It makes sense, too. McDaniels could not under any circumstance trade a young, up and coming pro bowl QB for Orton only to see Orton lose out to a QB who had been out of the league due to injury. Orton was playing no matter what.

People still cling to Orton because the miracle that is 6-0. The fallacy with crediting Orton with that start is that start had more to do with our D completely shutting out teams in 2nd half of games than it ever did Orton. But that is a different story.

It sure would be nice to have a D like that this whole next season. Oh well, I can hope.

jhildebrand
06-05-2011, 11:26 PM
It sure would be nice to have a D like that this whole next season. Oh well, I can hope.

I always wonder how that D could have been had McD not intervened mid season. I wonder how they would be with one more year under Nolan and addressing the D via the draft. :mad:

Oh well. Fox and company are working on it.

RebelRocker
06-05-2011, 11:29 PM

I'm not an Orton guy, but I had to make that statement because many people around here seem to forget that simple fact.

I wonder how different the 2009 season would have been if we were forced to start Brandstater for the first few games of the season while Orton and Simms were still injured. Would we have REALLY started Ingle Martin??:listen:

Canmore
06-05-2011, 11:41 PM
I always wonder how that D could have been had McD not intervened mid season. I wonder how they would be with one more year under Nolan and addressing the D via the draft. :mad:

Oh well. Fox and company are working on it.

The wonderful McD. He certainly had his hand in everything and with such wonderful results. That D was tearing it up. Nolan another year...that would have been sweet if Josh would have left Nolan alone. No bets McD would have addressed the D in the draft though.

sneakers
06-05-2011, 11:47 PM
The wonderful McD. He certainly had his hand in everything and with such wonderful results. That D was tearing it up. Nolan another year...that would have been sweet if Josh would have left Nolan alone. No bets McD would have addressed the D in the draft though.

It was pretty good for the first 6 games of 2009! :lol:

powderaddict
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh look, Someone else complaining about a Bronco getting too much love.

Maybe a Bronco will get busted for domestic disturbance or drunk driving, then at least we'd have something else to talk about :rolleyes:

Bullgator
06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
It's bad because you're not a real fan. You mine as well change your sig to the Gators logo because nobody is going to seriously think you're a fan of this team.

LOL man do you really not see I could give a crap about your fan meter.

Bullgator
06-06-2011, 12:33 AM
I doubt it. And it would make you a Teroll.

Doubt away you champion of men.

Im proud to support a high character guy like Tim and if that pisses you off then thats a YOU problem.

lol @ mythical nazi "real fan" club.

KCL
06-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Doubt away you champion of men.

Im proud to support a high character guy like Tim and if that pisses you off then thats a YOU problem.

lol @ mythical nazi "real fan" club.

Kind of off subject..I have never watched Tebow play but I have read quite a bit about him on this board...;)

anyway watched him on a couple of shows on FOX...I like the young man...comes across as very sincere.

Lonestar
06-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Trouble following your own arguments?

"Just a reflection of jay being a second rate talent that he could not get a "Qb" scholarship any place but vandy and we all know he did not go there for the academics."

So, are those, also under-recruited, small college quarterbacks second rate talent because of where they come from.

Flacco got beat out by Tyler Palko, the third string quarterback of the Chiefs, and played at a DI-AA School.

Tony Romo couldn't even get a D-I Scholarship.

Roethlisberger played in the second-worst D-I Conference and wasn't recruited at all by big schools.

Philip Rivers played for a terrible football school in a lesser conference than the SEC.

I think all four examples are relevant when you call Cutler a second-rate talent because of where he came from.

Ok I get the analogy..

But vandy is an academic school mores than a jock school.

the real reason he went there was because his OWN State university would not give him a QB scholarship that should be a tell in itself.

Lonestar
06-06-2011, 01:10 AM

DO you also believe that oswald did not shoot JFK.

chazoe60
06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Like Jim Rome says: "If you don't like Tim Tebow there is something wrong with you."

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Ok I get the analogy..

the real reason he went there was because his OWN State university would not give him a QB scholarship that should be a tell in itself.
How anybody with half a brain would try to use who got recruited out of high school to go where as an argument pertaining to the NFL is beyond me. Why not just admit/claim that you're playing devil's advocate and save some face?

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Man that argument is honestly so dumb I feel the need to comment on it some more. Beyond the obvious irrelevance, you're somehow trying to use the fact that he went to a school for smart people, succeeded, and then went to the NFL and succeeded against him while trying to make those who go to 'jock' schools, succeed, then go to the NFL and succeed look better. Wouldn't it make sense to want the guy who went to a school requiring some intelligence, assuming both players eventually become NFL-level players?

YEAH JAY CUTLER IS A PRO BOWL QB BUT HIS OWN STATE SCHOOL DIDN'T WANT HIM THAT'S A TOTAL TELL ALSO CLAY MATTHEWS IS TERRIBLE NOBODY WANTED HIM AT ALL WHICH IS VERY TELLING

KCL
06-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Ok I get the analogy..

Pretty sure most schools only give out a number of scholarships...Does it really matter now that he is in the NFL where he played college ball?

KCL
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Man that argument is honestly so dumb I feel the need to comment on it some more. Beyond the obvious irrelevance, you're somehow trying to use the fact that he went to a school for smart people, succeeded, and then went to the NFL and succeeded against him while trying to make those who go to 'jock' schools, succeed, then go to the NFL and succeed look better. Wouldn't it make sense to want the guy who went to a school requiring some intelligence, assuming both players eventually become NFL-level players?

YEAH JAY CUTLER IS A PRO BOWL QB BUT HIS OWN STATE SCHOOL DIDN'T WANT HIM THAT'S A TOTAL TELL ALSO CLAY MATTHEWS IS TERRIBLE NOBODY WANTED HIM AT ALL WHICH IS VERY TELLING

I didn't see your post til I posted..agree with you...LS you're grasping for straws here...;)

TXBRONC
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM

He didn't have to compete to get the starters roll in '09. It was handed to him before well before camp even started. Last year it was his job to lose.

topscribe
06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
He didn't have to compete to get the starters roll in '09. It was handed to him before well before camp even started. Last year it was his job to lose.

I don't remember it that way. McDaniels announced before the 2009 season that
Orton and Simms would compete. It just didn't take much time for Orton to
display his superiority over Simms, which we all saw later when Simms tried to
come in for Orton. (Brandstater was regarded as a project.)

Much the same thing in 2010: We kept reading about how far ahead of the other
two Orton was.

-----

Lonestar
06-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Pretty sure most schools only give out a number of scholarships...Does it really matter now that he is in the NFL where he played college ball?

The point was and apparently lost. The state school offered him a scholarship to play safety not qb.
That in itself is telling. He could only play qb in a half assed football Program that just happened to be in the SEC.
The one guy that knows the kids in his state better than someone from a few states away knows that his is a head case or loser at the next level at qb.

Now was he a Pro bowler yep once and he looked like crap in that game. In fact that rivers out played him that year and did not get in is a shame. It is a shame that rivers would beat him head to head (pardon the pun) because he is mentally and better QB.

Y'all can love jay all you want but many know what a weak person he is. That is a shame as he has all the gifts athletically just a head case.
Another brain griese. Be glad he plays on steam that can carry him it is the only way he can be a winner. We all saw that his first year there with a poor defense they did crap, yet when the defense got healthy last year "he"'was a winning QB. Why anyone does not see that is beyond me.

topscribe
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
The point was and apparently lost. The state school offered him a scholarship to play safety not qb.
That in itself is telling. He could only play qb in a half assed football Program that just happened to be in the SEC.
The one guy that knows the kids in his state better than someone from a few states away knows that his is a head case or loser at the next level at qb.

Now was he a Pro bowler yep once and he looked like crap in that game. In fact that rivers out played him that year and did not get in is a shame. It is a shame that rivers would beat him head to head (pardon the pun) because he is mentally and better QB.

Y'all can love jay all you want but many know what a weak person he is. That is a shame as he has all the gifts athletically just a head case.
Another brain griese. Be glad he plays on steam that can carry him it is the only way he can be a winner. We all saw that his first year there with a poor defense they did crap, yet when the defense got healthy last year "he"'was a winning QB. Why anyone does not see that is beyond me.

LS, my friend, of course Cutler had a better record when the defense got
better. Wouldn't that stand to reason?

I'm not a Cutler lover, but I did see how mentally tough he was with Vandy.
His teams just stunk up the joint, and he took some severe beatings, but he
kept on playing and refused to break down. And the beatings he took with the
Bears in 2009 may have been even worse.

Yes, Cutler has been impetuous and petulant, not to mention egotistical. But
weak . . . I don't really see that . . .

-----

Lonestar
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't remember it that way. McDaniels announced before the 2009 season that
Orton and Simms would compete. It just didn't take much time for Orton to
display his superiority over Simms, which we all saw later when Simms tried to
come in for Orton. (Brandstater was regarded as a project.)
Much the same thing in 2010: We kept reading about how far ahead of the other
two Orton was.
-----
Whoops there you go being logical. Get your abestos suit on. The Josh haters are prepping their rebuttals.

topscribe
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Whoops there you go being logical. Get your abestos suit on. The Josh haters are prepping their rebuttals.

Thanks. But I don't know what there is in my post to rebut. That's the way it was. *shrugs*

-----

Lonestar
06-06-2011, 09:34 AM
better. Wouldn't that stand to reason? I'm not a Cutler lover, but I did see how mentally tough he was with Vandy.
Bears in 2009 may have been even worse.Yes, Cutler has been impetuous and petulant, not to mention egotistical. But
-----

Guess you missed the last three San diego games. Rivers had him beat mentally in those games.
He was so far into his head he wil never beat him head to head.
The second game in San at the end of the year after the Houkoli game was telling to the point that jay could not even look rivers in the eye. That was when I knew for sure he was a loser. Before that it was the setting on the bench by himself sulking after a bad play, coming off the field throwing his helmet, getting into other players grille when they dropped a pass ran a wrong route.
While the latter is normally a good thing the players knew he was a head case. So was counter productive. IMHO

TXBRONC
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks. But I don't know what there is in my post to rebut. That's the way it was. *shrugs*

-----

Ah no that's not what happened. You remember it incorrectly.

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Jesus man, what are you huffing?

I mean it's not so much about right and wrong after you start on with this stuff, it's just about how illogical and poorly argued your assertions are.

topscribe
06-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Ah no that's not what happened. You remember it incorrectly.

Whatever. I followed it closely, and I don't think Alzheimer's has set in yet . . . :noidea:

But I don't think it's important enough to pursue any further here, do you?

-----

topscribe
06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Jesus man, what are you huffing?

I mean it's not so much about right and wrong after you start on with this stuff, it's just about how illogical and poorly argued your assertions are.

Do you have a rebuttal on the issue or just a comment about the poster?

-----

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Do you have a rebuttal on the issue or just a comment about the poster?

-----
Well yeah, but it's so absurd I didn't want to waste the time.

If you insist:

To begin with if Tenn offered him a scholarship to play safety the guy is obviously fairly athletic. Can't use that against him, it's a plus. Secondly, anybody getting a scholarship to play QB at a school in the SEC is not some throwaway nobody, they've got talent for the position. Cutler's needed to be refined, but you can't say it didn't happen. Thirdly, the notion that Vandy 'just happened to be in the SEC' so the conference is unimportant makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Might as well also say that Cutler won Offensive Player of the Year and it just happened to occur in the SEC, so no big deal. Fourth, the suggestion of the state school's non-offer indicating that they 'knew' him to be a headcase or a loser might as well be completely fabricated, because it more or less is. Maybe instead they 'knew' he believed in unicorns and wet the bed at night.

I love the subtle 'once', followed by using his performance in the game to somehow disregard its existence. Rivers should have made the Pro Bowl that year, however.

I don't even like Cutler, and I'm not so much defending him right now as I am venting my frustration at hollow, illogical and pathetically defended opinions like this contaminating rational discussion and thought. Somehow you also managed to spell both of Brian Greise's names wrong and follow that with a poorly written sentence suggesting Cutler is some kind of steam engine. The argument about Cutler playing like crap here while he had a poor defense is also ridiculously incorrect. I forget the exact stat, but wasn't Cutler close to unbeaten when Denver held the opposing team to less than ~18 points? I'm not sure. Finally, there is no need to put quotes around 'he' in the sentence about Chicago's improved defense leading to wins. He was, in fact, a winning QB. MissouriBronc posted the stats earlier somewhere in this thread, but Cutler was far from carried by the defense for a good portion of the year. Perhaps people don't see whatever Lonestar is trying to illustrate because he is doing such a horrible job of it?

BroncoJoe
06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Didn't the same thing happen to Steve Young?

HOF FTW.

MOtorboat
06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I forget the exact stat, but wasn't Cutler close to unbeaten when Denver held the opposing team to less than ~18 points? I'm not sure.

A lot of quarterbacks are pretty unbeatable when the opposing team scores less than 21...

Just saying. Great post, though. :beer:

arapaho2
06-06-2011, 10:47 AM

that site has become the bronco version of the CMB...not all, but mainly one indevidule mod is a terrible choice and has a grossly swollen head

frenchfan
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM

4/3 TD/INT ratio
I'm not a Tebow follower or Tebow hater...

To answer your question... I don't know and who knows?
If those numbers last, then the answer could be "no"...

According to what I know and what I've seen for Tebow, he has a great potential. I mean, he has many things you can't coach... All the intangibles...
But I'm not sold on him as a passer... I don't watch college football, so I can't understand his high completion level and his passing stats in college...
I think he has to work on :
- the reads... the most important thing for a QB
- make his release faster. I just saw him missing passes because of that...
- trust his arm more than his legs
- learn to be a pocket passer...

Give him some time to do so... I think we expect too much too early... Even John didn't have such great stat at this moment of his carreer...
THe kid has fire, dedication, leadership, attitude and can handle pressure. That's also many great qualities for a QB...
I see your concern, but I hope he will turn great... And I think he can...

arapaho2
06-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Jay has.

-----

weird statment considering your diehard and devote support of orton...who also hasnt taken a pro team to any level of championship

BroncoJoe
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
To me, timing is EVERYTHING in the passing game. Obviously knowing the plays comes first, but you have to know the speed and characteristics of your receiver too.

Tebow and Quinn didn't get any practice time with the first team under McD. None. When you understand that, it's pretty remarkable Tebow completed 50%.

underrated29
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Interesting thread here....

I read the first post and the last page, page 9...nothing in between. 1 post and the last page. It is kinda funny. He was talking about the other site and not enjoying there and the dts and tebows poularity.

And this last page is talking about cutler and tebow and fudgepacking.

I am going to do this more often. Just read the opening post and then the last page and see how universally far apart they are.

arapaho2
06-06-2011, 11:03 AM

problem is...he also earned every benching and demotion he got too

jhildebrand
06-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I was not too pleased with what this team gave up for Tebow. I called it a king's ransom and continue to think it is too much. Now if the guy goes on to win a SB, then no amount is too much.

As time has gone on, I like the Tebow pick more and more. That isn't to say I think he will be great-just that I like the pick. One of the reasons why is identity. Teams that have an identity tend to thrive in the NFL. Pitt is known for running, physical, and ferocious D's. They have sustained success because they stick to a script. Denver had an identity of running the ball and having a mobile QB and a good D. That's what we can get back to with Tebow.

I like the Tebow pick because he makes it impossible NOT to like him. Stewart took shots at him and was kind of an ass to be honest and Tebow handled it well. He did well on the O'Reilly show. His popularity cant hurt the Broncos and will make this team more popular worldwide which is a good thing.

Finally, there are some Denver Tebows fans. So what! If they root for one name on the jersey, let them. What does it matter? I think questioning a person's fanhood is about as low, and arrogant as one can be on a forum.

T.K.O.
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
WAIT....we still need a defense even though we have Tebow ?:confused:

RebelRocker
06-06-2011, 11:54 AM
I was not too pleased with what this team gave up for Tebow. I called it a king's ransom and continue to think it is too much. Now if the guy goes on to win a SB, then no amount is too much.

As time has gone on, I like the Tebow pick more and more. That isn't to say I think he will be great-just that I like the pick. One of the reasons why is identity. Teams that have an identity tend to thrive in the NFL. Pitt is known for running, physical, and ferocious D's. They have sustained success because they stick to a script. Denver had an identity of running the ball and having a mobile QB and a good D. That's what we can get back to with Tebow.

I like the Tebow pick because he makes it impossible NOT to like him. Stewart took shots at him and was kind of an ass to be honest and Tebow handled it well. He did well on the O'Reilly show. His popularity cant hurt the Broncos and will make this team more popular worldwide which is a good thing.

Finally, there are some Denver Tebows fans. So what! If they root for one name on the jersey, let them. What does it matter? I think questioning a person's fanhood is about as low, and arrogant as one can be on a forum.

Yeah, but calling somebody else's mental capacity "weak" and that nobody cares what somebody says on a FORUM, is also low and arrogant as one can be on this forum. Pretty sad you're trying to fight with a guy that loves the same team as you.

Bullgator
06-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah, but calling somebody else's mental capacity "weak" and that nobody cares what somebody says on a FORUM, is also low and arrogant as one can be on this forum. Pretty sad you're trying to fight with a guy that loves the same team as you.

being a fan of the same team doesn't mean everyone has to agree with every crazy thing you say.

GEM
06-06-2011, 12:11 PM

How do you know if he's a real fan? Do you have the corner market on real fans? FFS...with attitudes like yours none of us would be fans because at the time that whatever brought us to the Broncos, some guy would be saying...You're not a REAL fan. What the hell is the explanation of a real fan anyways? There are people who became fans because of Elway, fans who, to this day, you would consider "real fans" and "diehard Broncos fans." If I were a Tebow fan, and the welcome some of us "real" Broncos fans are extending...I'd say to hell with this, the fanbase is a bunch of egocentric dbs.

arapaho2
06-06-2011, 12:24 PM

i dont think he's fighing you as a fan as much as he's fighting your position that because some people became broncos fans cause of a certain player...they dont desrve to be called fans

just saying:coffee:

Npba900
06-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Tebow does a lot of different things, therefore there are lots of Tebow threads. Its good to know like what he had for breakfast. And what kind of Hanes ts hirt he has on that day. Things like that.
Usually all threads morph into a Tebow thread eventually.

Speaking of Tebow doing so many different things, should someone start a Tebow thread on a possible position change for Tim such as Tight End or Fullback?:laugh:

That is if the QB career thingee doesn't work out.:D

Northman
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Shannon Sharpe- Savannah St.

Guess the bigtime schools thought he sucked. :lol::lol::lol:

LordTrychon
06-06-2011, 12:46 PM

You've got it wrong, North....

It's PROOF that he sucked.

underrated29
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
what this thread needs is some boobs.

jus sayin

underrated29
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Im a real fan of them

Bullgator
06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
What some of you guys dont seem to understand... and this goes for both KO and Jay.... is that sure they can move an offense... But the were never and will never be clutch. They never were in college or the pros. when it comes down to 3rd and goal or even 3rd and 3 they just wilt.

They look alright between the twenties in regular season but you just wait when the season is on the line in the playoffs... would you trust either one in that sitch?

RebelRocker
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
being a fan of the same team doesn't mean everyone has to agree with every crazy thing you say.

So you're making the assumption that we all have to agree as fans? I just have a problem with you because it's become obvious that you only care about one person on this team. Nobody has a problem with you posting here, it's just the fact that all you ever talk about is one player.

RebelRocker
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
How do you know if he's a real fan? Do you have the corner market on real fans? FFS...with attitudes like yours none of us would be fans because at the time that whatever brought us to the Broncos, some guy would be saying...You're not a REAL fan. What the hell is the explanation of a real fan anyways? There are people who became fans because of Elway, fans who, to this day, you would consider "real fans" and "diehard Broncos fans." If I were a Tebow fan, and the welcome some of us "real" Broncos fans are extending...I'd say to hell with this, the fanbase is a bunch of egocentric dbs.

Because he only talks about Tebow!!! How hard is it to understand this simple fact? If he came across as a Gators fan that just wants to follow Tebow, that's fine, but don't try to make him a "Broncos fan", when he's not.

Northman
06-06-2011, 01:24 PM
What some of you guys dont seem to understand... and this goes for both KO and Jay.... is that sure they can move an offense... But the were never and will never be clutch. They never were in college or the pros. when it comes down to 3rd and goal or even 3rd and 3 they just wilt.

They look alright between the twenties in regular season but you just wait when the season is on the line in the playoffs... would you trust either one in that sitch?

In four years Cutler has 11 4th quarter combacks and 15 game winning drives. Sounds pretty clutch to me. So yea, i would trust Cutler with my team anyday.

GEM
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Because he only talks about Tebow!!! How hard is it to understand this simple fact? If he came across as a Gators fan that just wants to follow Tebow, that's fine, but don't try to make him a "Broncos fan", when he's not.

Why are YOU so freaking worried about it. Let it go. He's allowed here and he's allowed to post about Tebow. If you don't like it, put him on ignore and quit littering up our board with the same crap that got you banned at the other place.

Bullgator
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
In four years Cutler has 11 4th quarter combacks and 15 game winning drives. Sounds pretty clutch to me. So yea, i would trust Cutler with my team anyday.

and how many meaningful wins? rings? its great to have comebacks but with that and a token you can get on the bus.

what about when the superbowl is on the line? and its time for mr clutch to show up? wait is that him moping on the sidelines? what?!?! strained knee?!?! FOR THE SUPERBOWL?!

get the **** out of here with that shit, Tebow ran a game winning 20 yard TD (in a meaningless high school game) on a leg he knew was broke. Gimme that mentality. leave it all on the field.

Cutler is a spoiled pouty lil priss.

now having said that... he light years better than Orton rofl. That was a horrible trade.

RebelRocker
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Why are YOU so freaking worried about it. Let it go. He's allowed here and he's allowed to post about Tebow. If you don't like it, put him on ignore and quit littering up our board with the same crap that got you banned at the other place.

I'm one step ahead of you:salute:

Now can you please knock it off? You've done nothing but antagonize me since these threads were started. I really didn't come here to start arguments.

Northman
06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
and how many meaningful wins? rings? its great to have comebacks but with that and a token you can get on the bus.

How many does Tebow have at the pro level? Yea, i thought so. lol

what about when the superbowl is on the line? and its time for mr clutch to show up? wait is that him moping on the sidelines? what?!?! strained knee?!?! FOR THE SUPERBOWL?!

Im not a doctor so i cant speculate how bad it was.

get the **** out of here with that shit, Tebow ran a game winning 20 yard TD (in a meaningless high school game) on a leg he knew was broke. Gimme that mentality. leave it all on the field.

Yes, he torched a bunch of players who werent nearly as good as he was. When he can do the same against the same type of talent at the pro level come back and talk to me. Apples and oranges mate.

Cutler does have maturity issues, that has never been denied. But, we are talking about his talent on the actual field.

now having said that... he light years better than Orton rofl. That was a horrible trade.

No brainer.

LordTrychon
06-06-2011, 01:48 PM

jus sayin

I've seen more in this thread than I ever cared to.

Oh wait... you meant...

Oh.

Yeah. Good call. :salute:

GEM
06-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm one step ahead of you:salute:

Now can you please knock it off? You've done nothing but antagonize me since these threads were started. I really didn't come here to start arguments.

Just because you found someone that doesn't agree with your view point doesn't mean I antagonized you. If you don't like differing opinions from your own, don't post on a message board. Don't play bully and I won't respond. Gator has as much right to be here as you.

He's on ignore....good. Now we can move onto something that really matters.

Who is going to be Denver's DT when football starts again.

Bullgator
06-06-2011, 01:57 PM

IMO your only pissing your self off. Cuz I could give a shit about what you like or dont like to see lol. Im going to always be BG.

Ive always said I have always been a casual fan of the Broncos.

1)because of Elway, was really happy to see him close out his hof career with 2 rings.
2) the colors. because I bleed orange and blue (same as my Gators duh!). I did like them more than any team in the NFL. But then I didn't like the NFL very much.

What do you want me to do? dump 30+ years invested in UF? Ive been here since I was 4 and attended and worked at UF. I will ALWAYS be a Gator FIRST. I make no apologies for that. In fact Im proud as hell to be a Gator.

I never claimed to be a die hard Bronco fan. That has yet to be determined. so IDK where you are getting this "poser" Idea from. Ive always had this stance, because it is what it is.

Dood dont kill yourself over it... it is what it is. and I aint going no wheres

topscribe
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM

jus sayin

I want to post in the thread, not feel it up . . . :laugh:

-----

TXBRONC
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
WAIT....we still need a defense even though we have Tebow ?:confused:

:fish:

TXBRONC
06-06-2011, 02:10 PM

jus sayin

What you mean? The biggest pair of boobs is in this thread. Topscribe and Lonestar. :heh:

Just kidding.

RebelRocker
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Just because you found someone that doesn't agree with your view point doesn't mean I antagonized you. If you don't like differing opinions from your own, don't post on a message board. Don't play bully and I won't respond. Gator has as much right to be here as you.

He's on ignore....good. Now we can move onto something that really matters.

Who is going to be Denver's DT when football starts again.

I'm sorry, but you really did misunderstand the central theme of my OP.

ANYWAYS..

Thanks for remembering what the thread was kind of about, lol:laugh:
It sounds like we may be interested in Brandon Mebane from Seattle. The only problem is, depending on the new CBA, we don't know if he'll be a RFA or an UFA.

topscribe
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
What you mean? The biggest pair of boobs is in this thread. Topscribe and Lonestar. :heh:

Just kidding.

Hey! I'm working on it! :whistle:

-----

Timmy!
06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
So guys, what are your thoughts on Tebow?

:heh:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Just kidding.

Topscribe and Lonestar have BIG BOOBS - :eek: WELL - I DECLARE :shocked:

topscribe
06-06-2011, 03:00 PM

:shocked: This place is getting out of hand . . .

-----

T.K.O.
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
did somebody say this thread needs Tebow's boobs ?
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=923183885534&id=6809f199b73d70b7a6ef685baa3b70de&url=http%3a%2f%2fstatic.flickr.com%2f209%2f4881544 88_8caf4dd3ba.jpg

TA DAH !!!!!

KCL
06-06-2011, 04:11 PM
better. Wouldn't that stand to reason?

I'm not a Cutler lover, but I did see how mentally tough he was with Vandy.
Bears in 2009 may have been even worse.

Yes, Cutler has been impetuous and petulant, not to mention egotistical. But

-----

Or a headcase.

KCL
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Just kidding.

I thought you were gonna say it was RR and BG...:lol:

J/K

spikerman
06-06-2011, 05:23 PM

I don't worry too much about Cutler anymore because he's no longer a member of my favorite team, but I will never question his toughness. You might not have been following the Broncos closely back then, but the dude played an entire NFL season with undiagnosed diabetes. That, my friend, is the epitome of tough.

T.K.O.
06-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Cutler is tough enough and if he ever gets with the right coach in a sound system with a decent defense .....he will be good enough to win it all.
that can be said about many QB's but Cutler is definately good enough to help (not hurt) the right bunch to a championship.
did he poopybabywhinypants his way out of town ? yes
could the broncos have been better had he stayed ? yes:salute:

MOtorboat
06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
This thread would not be complete without...

MOtorboat
06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tim-tebow.JPG

BAM!

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Ok, now I see why so many people come to these boards.

T.K.O.
06-06-2011, 05:50 PM

it's all about the boobies;)

TXBRONC
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Actually I was meaning that they whine a lot and together they make a matched set of boobs. :D

Still just kidding.

topscribe
06-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Especially women and Gator transplants . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Actually I was meaning that they whine a lot and together they make a matched set of boobs. :D

Still just kidding.

Actually I knew what you meant - just trying to lighten things up a bit

TXBRONC
06-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Actually I knew what you meant - just trying to lighten things up a bit

:doh:

I should have realized that.

Lonestar
06-06-2011, 08:59 PM

Guess what, had he not been in DEN when he was, do you really think other teams would have kept him as a WR. To slow to small. How many teams would have used him as a TE because he could nit or would not block at the LOS. I suspect not many. He was in the right place at the right time how many teams would have used sepsis as a OLT. Yep you got it Zero.
Same goes for Rod Smith, Jerry rice lots of folks do not go to biggie schools. Who cares.

TXBRONC
06-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Guess what, had he not been in DEN when he was, do you really think other teams would have kept him as a WR. To slow to small. How many teams would have used him as a TE because he could nit or would not block at the LOS. I suspect not many. He was in the right place at the right time how many teams would have used sepsis as a OLT. Yep you got it Zero.
Same goes for Rod Smith, Jerry rice lots of folks do not go to biggie schools. Who cares.

Who cares? It can't be proven one way or the other what would have happened to Sharpe if he had not landed in Denver. The only thing that matter is that he was here, had a great career and now is in the Hall of Fame. That's all that matters.

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 09:20 PM
lots of folks do not go to biggie schools. Who cares.
I got a kick out of this.

Lonestar
06-06-2011, 11:27 PM

Try BALLS then y'all might be close.

TXBRONC
06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
I thought you were gonna say it was RR and BG...:lol:

J/K

Top and Lonestar are size 36 double DD.

RR and BG are size 30 A. :lol:

J/K :D

barehead
06-07-2011, 10:12 AM

:beer: Indeed !

Ravage!!!
06-07-2011, 11:31 AM

This is the same kind of things you say about Scheffler.... couldn't/wouldn't block... :lol: Funny.

But I know that good talent always rises to the top. Yes, I think Shannon Sharpe would have succeeded elsewhere... just as I know Terrell Davis would have.

T.K.O.
06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Sharpe is a total badass ! he would have torn it up in CLEVELAND !
but having Elway helped Sharpe,Davis,Smith,McCaffrey,3 amigos etc...

Lonestar
06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Sharpe is a total badass ! he would have torn it up in CLEVELAND !
but having Elway helped Sharpe,Davis,Smith,McCaffrey,3 amigos etc...

I think if he was given the time he had in DEN yes he would have succeeded HOF maybe not because before sharpe not many hybrid TE in the NFL if any.

Many though Jim to be an "h" back that just happened to line up on the LOS.

He was to big and slow to play WR which was his position in college. And to small to play TE to block like the good TEs ofthe past. Sharpe was a trail blazer and fortunately mikey figured out away to ultilize him. I doubt many other HC would have thought outside the box like that.

WARHORSE
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Where are the mods???

Somebody said 'boobs' on here, and there was no action taken.

Shouldnt the mods, in doing their jobs, at least make them type: B**BS?

This board is in shambles. Tebow threads galore......boobs.........geez.....

;)

Lonestar
06-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Let me add that having TD, RS, Eddie helped Elway to develope sharpe, he was in the right place at the right time.

Ravage!!!
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Shouldnt the mods, in doing their jobs, at least make them type: B**BS?

you mean like this? (*)(*)

LordTrychon
06-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Let me add that having TD, RS, Eddie helped Elway to develope sharpe, he was in the right place at the right time.

lol. Really?

Sharpe drafted in 90 and in the Pro Bowl in 92 was helped along by the acquisitions of:

TD in 95
Rod Smith in 94
Eddie Mac in 95

?

vandammage13
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Tired of Tebow threads, yet you create a thread in which you mention his name 3 times in the first post.....

TXBRONC
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
lol. Really?

Sharpe drafted in 90 and in the Pro Bowl in 92 was helped along by the acquisitions of:

TD in 95
Rod Smith in 94
Eddie Mac in 95

?

If anything it was Shanahan that helped Sharpe into a better all round player. Sharpe was already an excellent receiver when Shanahan came to Denver but he could block worth a lick. IIRC Shanahan told him had improve his blocking skill or he would be starting. Sharpe was never going to be mistaken Tony Gonzales but he did become adequate after Shanahan arrived.

slim
06-07-2011, 03:25 PM

No, like this.

( o ) ( o )

jhildebrand
06-07-2011, 07:57 PM
lol. Really?

TD in 95
Rod Smith in 94
Eddie Mac in 95

?

Let's not forget how much Sharpe was helped/developed by Jamal Lewis and Todd Heap in Baltimore :rolleyes:

It amazes me how a 'bronco fan' can break down a player drafted by Reeves and masterfully utilized by Shanahan as a way to attack/discredit Shanahan.

Someday I will learn why these posters dislike the guy so much!

Lonestar
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Let's not forget how much Sharpe was helped/developed by Jamal Lewis and Todd Heap in Baltimore :rolleyes:

It amazes me how a 'bronco fan' can break down a player drafted by Reeves and masterfully utilized by Shanahan as a way to attack/discredit Shanahan.

Someday I will learn why these posters dislike the guy so much!

Now which posters would that be. While I have not read every post this afternoon I do not recall anyone showing dislike for him.

MOtorboat
06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
lol. Really?

TD in 95
Rod Smith in 94
Eddie Mac in 95

?

Wow. Just wow.

TXBRONC
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Now which posters would that be. While I have not read every post this afternoon I do not recall anyone showing dislike for him.

JR you're constantly looking for a way to criticize and demean the positive things Shanahan did and overplay the negatives.

WARHORSE
06-08-2011, 02:44 AM

No.

Like this:

(*)(*)

:D:D:D:D:D

horsepig
06-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Well, boys, I'll be the first in line to bitch about Shanny's last 6-7 years. Just look at the defense and the overall "toughness" of the team. Shanny tried to compensate by signing guys like Darrel Gardner.
Bwaaahaaawhaw, what ajoke.

Snake was a good pickup, with what we had on offense.

Defense was a complete joke, though. Reaching for Moss? Come on, man.

There are a LOT of good defensive players Shanny passedf over because he didn't really care, ass long as the offense continued to make hin look like "Norman Einstein".

Lonestar
06-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Well, boys, I'll be the first in line to bitch about Shanny's last 6-7 years. Just look at the defense and the overall "toughness" of the team. Shanny tried to compensate by signing guys like Darrel Gardner, what a joke.
Snake was a good pickup, with what we had on offense.
Defense was a complete joke, though. Reaching for Moss? Come on, man.
There are a LOT of good defensive players Shanny passed over because he didn't really care, as long as the offense continued to make him look like "Norman Einstein".

I agree 1000% on this post.

Yet most were content with a great offense, between the 20's and relying on FGs. Not realizing you have to have a pretty balance TEAM to win all the marbles.

I do not know how many times the "he has brought us two rings" male bovine excrement comments when I called for a real GM. He will quit if he can't run the show.

Well now we know that there were nommore rings on the horizon by Mikey and we should have cut our losses a decade ago. And we would have Most likely been in the middle of a winning record for the last few years.

broncohead
06-10-2011, 05:39 PM
I agree 1000% on this post.

Yet most were content with a great offense, between the 20's and relying on FGs. Not realizing you have to have a pretty balance TEAM to win all the marbles.

I do not know how many times the "he has brought us two rings" male bovine excrement comments when I called for a real GM. He will quit if he can't run the show.

Well now we know that there were nommore rings on the horizon by Mikey and we should have cut our losses a decade ago. And we would have Most likely been in the middle of a winning record for the last few years.

I liked Shanny as the head coach and his offensive mind BUT we really needed a real GM and DC.

spikerman
06-10-2011, 05:49 PM
What I don't understand is that some of the people who criticize "Shanahan the GM" are strangely silent about "McDaniels the GM", who, if anything, was even worse (much worse actually) a GM than Shanahan.

Both regimes put the organization in the poor position it's in now.

broncohead
06-10-2011, 05:54 PM
What I don't understand is that some of the people who criticize "Shanahan the GM" are strangely silent about "McDaniels the GM", who, if anything, was even worse (much worse actually) a GM than Shanahan.

Defensively yes Shanny did but McD made us worse all the way around.

NightTerror218
06-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Defensively yes Shanny did but McD made us worse all the way around.

Shanny needed to be removed from personnel decisions and needed a DC who would stand up and get players that were needed, rather then just settling.

McD just destroyed everything that we had (big trades of Pro Bowlers and talent) and then just playing with the draft and FA following Belecheats strategy of football.

Lonestar
06-10-2011, 09:36 PM

I just do not see thta JOsh ruined the franchise like so many here feel.

H undid so many fubars that mikey set up.

got rid of an OL that screwed the pooch in the red zone for going on a decade.

added two great looking rookies to it and set the stage for harris departure this year.

now we have one of the youngest OLines in the NFL not to mention biggest and nastiest.

got rid of several head case "pro bowlers" got great draft picks for them, now I know that many here thoought that jay and BM walked on water.

but so far they have had issues with their new teams. espcially bm.

jay "lead his team to teh playoffs or so many think while we all know that he was the qb of record that the defense and ST made most of the plays for that playoff bid..

got rid of Hillis yep I did not like that trade my self but I beleive that at the time few fans did not see the merit for the trade. an little used FB that had a fumble issue, for a QB that was taken in the first round.

some one that we have yet to see on the field for whatever reason.

he picked up some talent in the draft that for the most part will not be known for sure about till next year some time..

might all be gems might all be bums.

but nothing like all the bums that mikey brought in as DAFT choices from 1999 through 2005 and then again 07 and beyond.. not to mention all of the FA FUBARS over his career here after the super bowl years.

Lets see what else did Johs do got rid of the entire starting D excpet for DJ, Champ and Doom. none of these sother morons started another game in the NFL and most are out of Pro football now.

THe jury IMHO is stil out on Josh. will take a couple of years to see if his draft choices panout for the new HC or if he was FUBARING it like mickey did save for one year.

time will tell.

Lonestar
06-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Shanny needed to be removed from personnel decisions and needed a DC who would stand up and get players that were needed, rather then just settling.

McD just destroyed everything that we had (big trades of Pro Bowlers and talent) and then just playing with the draft and FA following Belecheats strategy of football.

see above.

I personally think that if I had to follow someones lead it would be bellicek.

he seems to have the hardware to back up his way of doing business.

Unlike mikey who lucked out with a bunch of HOF players he inhiereted.

TXBRONC
06-10-2011, 10:01 PM

I agree on both accounts. Shanahan didn't get the defense fixed like he should have and little joshy boy exacerbated the situation by taking the exact same approach that his predecessor did.

Shananahan
06-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Unlike mikey who lucked out with a bunch of HOF players he inhiereted.
You might want to go back and review when a lot of the major contributors to those Super Bowl teams were added.

MOtorboat
06-10-2011, 10:32 PM
You might want to go back and review when a lot of the major contributors to those Super Bowl teams were added.

He pretty much got owned on that earlier, and apparently won't admit it.

I will never understand why a Broncos fan doesn't like Shanahan. It's, frankly, stupid.

broncohead
06-11-2011, 12:39 AM
I just do not see thta JOsh ruined the franchise like so many here feel.

H undid so many fubars that mikey set up.

got rid of an OL that screwed the pooch in the red zone for going on a decade.

Ya and McD redzone was so much better
added two great looking rookies to it and set the stage for harris departure this year.

Fox drafted the projected RT did he not?
now we have one of the youngest OLines in the NFL not to mention biggest and nastiest.

McD did not create the OL. Kuper, Clady and Harris were still here
got rid of several head case "pro bowlers" got great draft picks for them, now I know that many here thoought that jay and BM walked on water.

but so far they have had issues with their new teams. espcially bm.

jay "lead his team to teh playoffs or so many think while we all know that he was the qb of record that the defense and ST made most of the plays for that playoff bid..

Getting rid of talent is getting rid of talent however you look at it. I see the BM trade but thats it.
got rid of Hillis yep I did not like that trade my self but I beleive that at the time few fans did not see the merit for the trade. an little used FB that had a fumble issue, for a QB that was taken in the first round.

Yep and look what the first round drafted QB has done and now look at what a "FB with fumble issues" has done. Not even comparable
some one that we have yet to see on the field for whatever reason.

he picked up some talent in the draft that for the most part will not be known for sure about till next year some time..

might all be gems might all be bums.

but nothing like all the bums that mikey brought in as DAFT choices from 1999 through 2005 and then again 07 and beyond.. not to mention all of the FA FUBARS over his career here after the super bowl years.

Lets see what else did Johs do got rid of the entire starting D excpet for DJ, Champ and Doom. none of these sother morons started another game in the NFL and most are out of Pro football now.

And the only time the defense was worth anything was when Nolan was running it...
THe jury IMHO is stil out on Josh. will take a couple of years to see if his draft choices panout for the new HC or if he was FUBARING it like mickey did save for one year.

Shanny had the offense set with additions of 2 OL. A center and guard. He did have a ton of work to do on defense and DON't think he would have done it on his own without a proper GM and/or DC
time will tell.

McD did nothing for this team

TXBRONC
06-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Sure he did something for the team. He was a divisive little control freak that develop a wonderful sense of distrust disloyalty. He lied and cheated embarrassed his boss and the organization.

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 08:53 AM

I know when ALL the HOF players were added to the team and it was before Mikey was in charge.

Yes a few key players were added on defense and stink all short term rentals. And yes they made a difference but when they (HOF) retired boy wonder managed ONE playoff win thereafter.

So if you really think that mikey was anything but a great OC that was running the show I guess that is up to you.

We all know deep down in our hearts that he was a gifted offensive mind, that could have cares less about the defense did only what he had to to keep it decent. A guy the thought if you out scored the other team by having a great offense he would be ok.

We all know if we look back at all the day one stiffs that you build a TEAM with, that was his downfall.

Sure you can get lucky and find a TD every once in a while late in the draft. But the minute you start believing that us the way to build long term depth your are doomed to spending outrageous money on FA bums. Which is exactly what what happened.

We where in cap hell

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Hit the wrong button.

Most of his time in DEN he promised countless time that we were one or two players away in his EOY pressers. To keep all of the faithful hooked. And then go out a waste even more money of these clowns while fubaring the DAFT. We got just a few quality day one starters during his REGIME. IIRC three LBs and pryce. Beyond that not much.

Mikey sucked as a GM. We all know that. Had one good draft overall and most of them were head cases.

Believe what y'all want. I know what I have researched.

Shananahan
06-11-2011, 10:07 AM
And to be clear, you think McDaniels was a good coach/did a good job?

Not trying to start up that old debate, I'm just trying to figure out how crazy you are.

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 11:10 AM
He pretty much got owned on that earlier, and apparently won't admit it.

I will never understand why a Broncos fan doesn't like Shanahan. It's, frankly, stupid.
Until the last few year he was a great offensive mind has the best offense on the NFL between the 20's.
Won a couple of rings for that I'm grateful, but he over stayed his effectiveness.
His regime as the lord of all cost This franchise dearly after his two victories.

Why y'all do not get that is beyond me.

We all know that He was never going to build a decent defense with real players and coaching.

Without that we all know your one and done in the playoffs like we have been since 2000.

Explain how anyone can defend that record. lots of wins but getting your ass kicked in the playoffs, consistently.

Shananahan
06-11-2011, 11:23 AM
I know when ALL the HOF players were added to the team and it was before Mikey was in charge.

Yes a few key players were added on defense and stink all short term rentals.
Off the top of my head:

Howard Griffith
Mark Schlereth
Darrien Gordon
Bill Romanowski
Alfred Williams
Tony Jones
Maa Tanuvasa
Neil Smith
Ed McCaffrey
Trevor Pryce
John Mobley

And last but not least Terrell Davis and Rod Smith, who really began his playing career in 1995 under Shanahan.

So basically the majority of the teams which set the record for most wins in a three year period and won two Super Bowls (should have been three) was brought in and built by Shanahan. I guess if you want to try and disregard some of those guys as rentals you can, but I'd take those kind of rentals year in and year out.

In a way I think his early FA success and stubbornness played a major part in Shanahan's downfall. He hit so many home runs right out of the gate that I think he really did believe he was only a few players away each year, and honestly I think more often than not he'd have been right.

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 11:28 AM

You meant to say IMO.

Many others say he removed the faulty foundation on which the team was built. And had started to rebuild it properly.

We will see who is right and who is wrong after Fox sets his team roster.

If I'm wrong then I will admit to it but the question will y'all do the same.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Explain how anyone can defend that record. lots of wins but getting your ass kicked in the playoffs, consistently.

You always fail to make accurate comparisons before coming to your inane conclusions about Shanahan.

Remember when you used to just list draft picks and then say he was a terrible drafter, with little to no context?

He's 23rd all time with playoff winning percentage all time.

Notable names and their playoff win-loss percentage

Vince Lombardi .900
Bill Belichick .714
Bill Walsh .714
Joe Gibbs .708
George Halas .667
Chuck Noll .667
Mike Shanahan .615
Raymond Berry .600
Curly Lambeau .600
Marv Levy .579
Bill Parcells .579
Bill Cowher .571
Tom Landry .556
Dick Vermeil .545
Paul Brown .529
Don Shula .528
Andy Reid .526
Mike Ditka .500
Forrest Gregg .500

Of the 30 NFL coaches to ever coach 10 playoff games, he's 9th in winning percentage.

Those above him:
Vince Lombardi
Tom Flores
Bill Belichick
Bill Walsh
Joe Gibbs
Jimmy Johnson
Chuck Noll+
George Seifert

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Off the top of my head:
Howard Griffith Mark Schlereth GordonBill RomanowskiAlfred WilliamsTony Jones TanuvasaNeil SmithEd McCaffreyTrevor PryceJohn Mobley
And last but not least Terrell Davis and Rod Smith, who really began his playing career in 1995 under Shanahan.
So basically the majority of the teams which set the record for most wins in a three year period and won two Super Bowls (should have been three) was brought in and built by Shanahan. I guess if you want to try and disregard some of those guys as rentals you can, but I'd take those kind of rentals year in and year out.
In a way I think his early FA success and stubbornness played a major part in Shanahan's downfall. He hit so many home runs right out of the gate that I think he really did believe he was only a few players away each year, and honestly I think more often than not he'd have been right.

And do you believe without the core HOF players we now have in the HOF we would have won those rings.

We all know that those FA players you listed were all short term rentals. And once the initial group left he reached for Daftees and FA paying more for them than we could afford.

Btw Rod was not his creation Rod did that all by him self the hard work was on his shoulders not mikeys.

But believe in the past all you want most logical thinkers that did not swallow the Koolade know he fell into a great bunch of players primes and ready to go the distance.

Shananahan
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
You meant to say IMO.

Many others say he removed the faulty foundation on which the team was built. And had started to rebuild it properly.

So, to be clear, you think McDaniels was a good coach/did a good job.

Shananahan
06-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Lonestar, have you ever considered the possibility that your perception of reality could be incorrect?

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 11:45 AM

You always fail to make accurate comparisons before coming to your inane conclusions about Shanahan.
Remember when you used to just list draft picks and then say he was a

Sorry had to shorten that for my screen.

If he was so great where are the rings, show me the rings.

Two in what 14 years and then his HOF talent retired and it was great football until the playoffs where we got out asses kicked every damned year.

Let me repeat that EVERY YEAR.

Incase you missed it we got our asses kicked every ******* year in the playoffs.

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Let me add for a coach and owner who said their only goal is to win the super blow ever year that was pathetic

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry had to shorten that for my screen.

If he was so great where are the rings, show me the rings.

Two in what 14 years and then his HOF talent retired and it was great football until the playoffs where we got out asses kicked every damned year.

Incase you missed it we got our asses kicked every ******* year in the playoffs.

He has two rings. Did you just blank out when that happened? Every coach that has won two rings had HOF talent. That's a stupid argument.

You're delusional.

Broncospsycho77
06-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Let me add for a coach and owner who said their only goal is to win the super blow ever year that was pathetic

Address MO's post. It's a damn good one.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Man, what a shitty crowd to be amongst:

Chuck Noll 23 years, 4 rings
Joe Gibbs 16 years, 3 rings
Bill Belichick 16 years, 3 rings
Bill Walsh 10 years, 3 rings
Tom Landry 29 years, 2 rings
Don Shula 33 years, 2 rings
Bill Parcells 19 years, 2 rings
George Seifert 11 years, 2 rings
Jimmy Johnson 9 years, 2 rings
Mike Shanahan 17 years, 2 rings
tom Flores 12 years, 2 rings
Vince Lombardi 10 years, 2 rings

frauschieze
06-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Btw Rod was not his creation Rod did that all by him self the hard work was on his shoulders not mikeys.

Ummmm....what?

And just what is your justification for saying that?

NO PLAYER, not one, grows in the NFL by themselves. You'd be hardpressed to find any one who'd say that their coaches had no impact on who they were as a player.

That's an asinine statement, Jr.

Broncospsycho77
06-11-2011, 11:55 AM
And those twelve listed coaches? They're the ONLY ones to have two or more rings. Measured by the standard you've placed for any and all coaches in the league (rings equals success), Shanahan is top twelve all time.

(In case you want to split hairs, it is not something I believe. It's just logically following from the argument you have presented.)

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 11:58 AM
So, to be clear, you think McDaniels was a good coach/did a good job.

I think he was on the right path on building the team.

Power running game.
Pass protection that won't get your qb killed
Strong defense being built from the ground up.
Spread offense.
Solid drafting. (compared to past regime).
Getting rid of non TEAM players and head cases.
Rebuilding the farce of an OL we had.

Getting rid of the Fubar that Mikey called a defense.

Given the length of his original contract I believe we would have had a solid foundation to build on. One that we would have been playoff bound for more than a year or two.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 12:04 PM
And more...

Wins per year of the Top 15 winningest coaches of all time...

Bill Belichick 10.1
Don Shula 9.9
Joe Gibbs 9.6
Marty Schottenheimer 9.5
Mike Holmgren 9.5
Bill Parcells 9.1
Mike Shanahan 8.9
Bud Grant 8.8
Tom Landry 8.6
Paul Brown 8.5
Chuck Knox 8.5
Chuck Noll 8.4
Dan Reeves 8.3
George Halas 8.0
Curly Lambeau 6.8

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Ummmm....what?
NO PLAYER, not one, grows in the NFL by themselves. You'd be hardpressed to find any one who'd say that their coaches had no impact on who they were as a player.

Rod was not going to be denied period his work ethic was what got him where he was, coaching help sure jut do not begin to say that Mikey was the rEason for his success.
Having John as a QB did it hurt and maybe even having Eddie Mac And sharpe out there was good for him. But then Mikey only brought in edddie. The rest were here already.

Shananahan
06-11-2011, 12:10 PM

Did you take a year off in 2005 or something?

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 12:12 PM
And more...

Wins per year of the Top 15 winningest

Read my lips no play off wins, no rings.

Could care less about winning seasons if they get their asses licked late in the season (rountinely) and pulling a FUBAR in the playoffs

We won one playoff game after John retired and that was over a wild card team NE. BFD.

Do you all not get it?

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Did you take a year off in 2005 or something?

And what happened after that ONE PLAYOFF win we got the wrath of a rookie QB that kicked our ass.

broncohead
06-11-2011, 12:14 PM

Power running game.

Our running scheme was HORRIBLE! how can you say this?
Pass protection that won't get your qb killed

Never had problems with pass protection before so this isnt new
Strong defense being built from the ground up.

Again we were only strong when Nolan was running it. And reverted to fixing the DL by adding old FA DL. We also drafted a 4-3 DE with no pass rush skill to play OLB
Spread offense.

Good between the 20s but couldn't score. Sounds like a constant problem
Solid drafting. (compared to past regime).

Cant say that yet. Ayers will benefit from a defense change but everyone else who knows
Getting rid of non TEAM players and head cases.

They all became "non team players" when McD stepped into the building. Weird how that happened
Rebuilding the farce of an OL we had.

The OL was already here! He brought in 2 rookies. Thats it

Getting rid of the Fubar that Mikey called a defense.

McDs defense wasnt much better WITHOUT Nolan.

Given the length of his original contract I believe we would have had a solid foundation to build on. One that we would have been playoff bound for more than a year or two.[/QUOTE]

We had a solid foundation on offense but it was torn down. What we have now is not a solid foundation. I agree we needed to move on only for the fact the defense wasnt going to get any help.

Timmy!
06-11-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1001/senility-grandpa-demotivational-poster-1263353826.jpg

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
He has two rings. Did you just blank out when that happened? Every coach that has won two rings had HOF talent. That's a stupid argument.

You're delusional.

No I'm sticking to my argument that without inheirting the HOf players he would not won jack squat. A bunch of games in the season only to get his ass kicked in the playoffs.

Pretty simple argument.

Does anyone here think that with out John we would have won the GB game let alone even Get there.

Lonestar
06-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Given the length of his original contract I believe we would have had a solid foundation to build on. One that we would have been playoff bound for more than a year or two.[/QUOTE]

Have no idea what you said. But agree with this last statement.

Shananahan
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
No I'm sticking to my argument that without inheirting the HOf players he would not won jack squat. A bunch of games in the season only to get his ass kicked in the playoffs.

Pretty simple argument.

Does anyone here think that with out John we would have won the GB game let alone even Get there.
I hate to even waste more time on this, but the opposite is also true. You know Denver would never have won those Super Bowles without Shanahan and the talent he brought in, Elway or no Elway.

spikerman
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I know this was already addressed earlier, but I wanted to add my $.02.

Power running game. The Broncos were extremely ineffective at running the ball during McDaniels two years, despite using the #12 pick in the draft on a RB his first year.

Pass protection that won't get your qb killed Yet Orton was injured (again) and had to miss playing time.

Strong defense being built from the ground up. They were #32 in the NFL last year. In case you forgot, there are 32 teams.

Spread offense. That resulted in 12 wins in two seasons and only 4 wins last year.

Solid drafting. (compared to past regime). There is no evidence to this point that McDaniels had "solid" drafts. So far, there has not been one confirmed impact player from his drafts. It could happen, but usually by now you have at least one budding superstar - especially considering all of the high draft picks he had.

Getting rid of non TEAM players and head cases. And talent

Rebuilding the farce of an OL we had. The OL struggled mightily, especially in trying to run the ball in McDaniels two seasons.

Getting rid of the Fubar that Mikey called a defense. Again, they were 32 out of 32 last year.

Given the length of his original contract I believe we would have had a solid foundation to build on. One that we would have been playoff bound for more than a year or two. Now you forgot to add "imo". :)

Shananahan
06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
It takes so much effort to read those posts.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Pretty simple argument.

Well, for the record he inherited two, signed one, and drafted a borderline one. Those are the four hall of famers on the team.

Chuck Noll without Terry Bradshaw was 2-2 in the playoffs.

Bill Belichick is 1-1 without Tom Brady.

Bill Walsh was 0-0 witout Joe Montana.

Joe Gibbs is the only coach to do it with three different quarterbacks, who are not hall of famers.

Vince Lombardi was 0-0 without Bart Starr.

Tom Flores was 0-0 without Jim Plunkett.

Jimmy Johnson was 0-0 without Troy Aikman and Dan Marino. And he was 2-3 with Dan Marino.

George Seifert is 0-0 without Joe Montana and Steve Young.

Frankly, according to your standards, the only successful coach EVER is Joe Gibbs.

Tned
06-11-2011, 01:17 PM
You meant to say IMO.

Ok, you are trying to make a case that McDaniels was good for the Broncos, and even though he was kicked out in the middle of the season, that he did a great job and laid a foundation for Fox to be successful?

My God, how deep does you Shanny hate run that you would still so blindly support the failure that followed him.

TXBRONC
06-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Ummmm....what?

There is no justifcation Frau. Rod put in the hard work but it was Shanahan who gave him the opportunity.

TXBRONC
06-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I know this was already addressed earlier, but I wanted to add my $.02.

The Broncos were extremely ineffective at running the ball during McDaniels two years, despite using the #12 pick in the draft on a RB his first year.
Yet Orton was injured (again) and had to miss playing time.
They were #32 in the NFL last year. In case you forgot, there are 32 teams.
That resulted in 12 wins in two seasons and only 4 wins last year.
There is no evidence to this point that McDaniels had "solid" drafts. So far, there has not been one confirmed impact player from his drafts. It could happen, but usually by now you have at least one budding superstar - especially considering all of the high draft picks he had.
And talent
The OL struggled mightily, especially in trying to run the ball in McDaniels two seasons.

Again, they were 32 out of 32 last year.

Now you forgot to add "imo". :)

If little joshy boy was doing such a damn fine job as some like to say he wouldn't have gotten kicked to the curb.

I really think that McDaniels could have survived this complete cluster _____ of a season. What brought him down was the fact he had created such a toxic environment in side the organization with his lying, cheating, and his combative attitude towards everyone that didn't agree with him.

He wouldn't have survived another disaster like this one if he hadn't been a liar, cheat and all round jerk to people.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 01:44 PM
If little joshy boy was doing such a damn fine job as some like to say he wouldn't have gotten kicked to the curb.

I really think that McDaniels could have survived this complete cluster _____ of a season. What brought him down was the fact he had created such a toxic environment in side the organization with his lying, cheating, and his combative attitude towards everyone that didn't agree with him.

He wouldn't have survived another disaster like this one if he hadn't been a liar, cheat and all round jerk to people.

If you only count his wins, he was 11-0.

BroncoStud
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Until this thread I didn't think there would be one Broncos "fan" that even ATTEMPTED to defend what Josh McDaniels did to our beloved franchise, not one.

Reading an attempt at justification here is pretty much a slap in the face to all of us. McDaniels is the worst thing that has EVER, and I repeat EVER happened to this team, organization, and franchise. It will take YEARS to recover from the taint he has left in Denver.

If I were to see McDaniels in public I would walk over and bitchslap the little brat. It was a GREAT day when he was fired. Anyone defending him is absolutely ridiculous.

TXBRONC
06-11-2011, 02:08 PM
If you only count his wins, he was 11-0.

But unfortunately for him loses also count.

MOtorboat
06-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Until this thread I didn't think there would be one Broncos "fan" that even ATTEMPTED to defend what Josh McDaniels did to our beloved franchise, not one.

He did good things, but....

Reading an attempt at justification here is pretty much a slap in the face to all of us. McDaniels is the worst thing that has EVER, and I repeat EVER happened to this team, organization, and franchise. It will take YEARS to recover from the taint he has left in Denver.

When you're dealing with this much hyperbole and short-sightedness, there's really no reason to respond.