PDA

View Full Version : More talk that the Broncos aren’t eager to trade Orton

T.K.O.
06-02-2011, 02:34 PM
More talk that the Broncos aren’t eager to trade Orton
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 2, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
APA report recently surfaced from the NFL Network that the Broncos wouldn’t trade quarterback Kyle Orton for anything less than a second round pick.

Whether the Broncos are just posturing or not, Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post gets the same vibe.

“If the Broncos were to receive an offer for Orton they couldn’t refuse, you could see them pulling the trigger on a trade,” Legwold writes. “But they haven’t given any indication they plan to move Orton out of the way so Tebow can be the starter at football’s most important position.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/02/more-talk-that-the-broncos-arent-eager-to-trade-orton/

NorCalBronco7
06-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Nobody knows EFXs plan with Orton. Nobody. Its all pure specualtion.

I do think Ortons gets traded, but with Foxs bias towards vet, its not a given.

TXBRONC
06-02-2011, 02:41 PM
More talk that the Broncos aren’t eager to trade Orton
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 2, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
APA report recently surfaced from the NFL Network that the Broncos wouldn’t trade quarterback Kyle Orton for anything less than a second round pick.

Whether the Broncos are just posturing or not, Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post gets the same vibe.

“If the Broncos were to receive an offer for Orton they couldn’t refuse, you could see them pulling the trigger on a trade,” Legwold writes. “But they haven’t given any indication they plan to move Orton out of the way so Tebow can be the starter at football’s most important position.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/02/more-talk-that-the-broncos-arent-eager-to-trade-orton/

I posted the Legwold article this morning. It's a Q&A entitled Tebow for Gabbert or some dumb thing like that. :salute:

T.K.O.
06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
this is some real insightful journalism here.......
“If the Broncos were to receive an offer for Orton they couldn’t refuse, you could see them pulling the trigger on a trade,” Legwold writes.

:laugh:

turftoad
06-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Kent Somers is hearing that the Cardinals “think highly” of Orton.

“I believe the Cardinals have Kolb rated slightly ahead of Orton, but maybe not enough to justify paying a bounty to the Eagles for him,” Somers writes. “In other words, why give up substantially more for Kolb than you would for Orton?”

The rest: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/02/cardinals-think-highly-of-kyle-orton/

Ravage!!!
06-02-2011, 05:15 PM
They can't say they are "eager" to get rid of him...although even I know "eager" probably doesn't fit.

Its not "eager" to trade him away, because thats going to happen and being "eager" just doesn't fit. But I would say that they are VERY WILLING to trade him away. Proclaiming eagerness certainly would lower the asking price. Have to get offers that are good enough to "entice" us to part with him a year early.

Juriga72
06-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Naming him starter shows that Elway would love to get at least a 2nd for him.

I bet if Arizona puts a second out there for next year...he's a Cardinal in a heart beat

Northman
06-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Smoke and mirrors.

BroncoJoe
06-02-2011, 05:22 PM
If he truly is a starter in the NFL, a 2nd round pick is what they should get - if not a 1st.

rationalfan
06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I do think Ortons gets traded, but with Foxs bias towards vet, its not a given.

i don't think fox has a bias toward veteran QBs, i think he has a bias toward starting the best quarterback on his team. it wasn't like he had a stud rookie waiting in the wings behind delhomme. i don't even know who was there. chris weinke? the point is, he went with the player who gave the team the best shot to win and, amazingly, that was delhomme.

even last year, if fox was a veteran QB guy matt moore would have had the starting vote from camp. he didn't. he had to earn it.

i like that.

robert ethan
06-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I have no idea how anyone could rate Kolb ahead of Orton. Orton has a winning record on bad teams for his career, Kolb has a losing record on a good team for his career. Even Brady Quinn has comparable NFL stats to Kolb while playing on a much poorer team.

nevcraw
06-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I've read some unquotable stuff and have a strong gut feel that leads me to believe that fox may feel one way or the other about this subject matter.

topscribe
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I've read some quoteless stuff and have a strong gut feel that leads me to believe that fox may feel one way or the other about this subject matter.

Yes, I believe Fox may feel one way or the other, too . . . :confused:

-----

nevcraw
06-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes, I believe Fox may feel one way or the other, too . . . :confused:

-----

as it would seem

TXBRONC
06-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I've read some unquotable stuff and have a strong gut feel that leads me to believe that fox may feel one way or the other about this subject matter.

Way to go out on a limb Nev. :lol:

LTC Pain
06-02-2011, 07:02 PM
The Cards give us Dan Williams and there 2nd round pick and they can have KO.

Lonestar
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
If the price is right anyone is expendable.

atwater27
06-02-2011, 09:34 PM
If the price is right anyone is expendable.

With McDaniels even if the price was wrong, everyone was expendable.:lol::laugh:

nevcraw
06-02-2011, 09:39 PM
With McDaniels even if the price was wrong, everyone was expendable.:lol::laugh:

especially then.

Dzone
06-02-2011, 09:48 PM
If he stays, and when Tebow starts, orton needs to be ordered to stand on the sidelines with a clipboard and headphones, helping out instead of sitting on the bench looking around

MOtorboat
06-02-2011, 09:50 PM
If he stays, and when Tebow starts, orton needs to be ordered to stand on the sidelines with a clipboard and headphones, helping out instead of sitting on the bench looking around

Yeah, we don't need him pulling a Cutler.

atwater27
06-02-2011, 10:26 PM

Don't worry. No jackass coach is trying to run him off for no good reason.

Lonestar
06-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Good post, welcome back.

Btw MB I forgot just how well researched and documented your posts were.
Have been meaning to quote a few of them but nowadays I'm on a iPhone about 90% of the time and can only see about 6 lines on it.
And to say the least yours are a tad bigger than that.

rcsodak
06-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Good post, welcome back.

Btw MB I forgot just how well researched and documented your posts were.
Have been meaning to quote a few of them but nowadays I'm on a iPhone about 90% of the time and can only see about 6 lines on it.
And to say the least yours are a tad bigger than that.
I didn't realize iPhones sucked so badly. Glad I got the D2.

Ravage!!!
06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
:lol: We got one half of the "moot crew" complaining that McD was brought up, and the other half complimenting an insult to Cutler! :lol: Priceless

rcsodak
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
:lol: We got one half of the "moot crew" complaining that McD was brought up, and the other half complimenting an insult to Cutler! :lol: Priceless

And as always, you're innocent in it all, right?
:rolleyes:

GEM
06-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Cleaned up....now let's keep it on topic.

Lonestar
06-03-2011, 10:41 PM
I didn't realize iPhones sucked so badly. Glad I got the D2.

I love the unit except for this site, love all the things I can do with it.

Just got of a face to face with my wife who is in DEN tonight.

Can talk and browse the web at the same time. and my wife got a healthy discount through her work.

She can do most of her scheduling on the iphone and rarely carries her iPad with her any more.

I have been busy remodeling a house we are about to move into and frankly this about the first time I've gotten on the sight on my imac in weeks..

Most of the time when I take a break from the work I pop on the iphone and check out to see if anything has changed.

and all the other sites are ok with it..