PDA

View Full Version : giving us reason to hope?

SoCalImport
06-02-2011, 08:38 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/statuses/76278976963805184

"No new CBA gets done today or tomorrow. Hope is two sides lay a foundation to get deal done later this month. But talking is encouraging."

This meeting in NY supposed to be so super secret that some NFL owners are in the dark about it?
THis can only make sense if the rest of the league has given Jerry Jones and co permission to represent owners in general.

SoCalImport
06-02-2011, 08:40 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/02/reports-de-smith-attended-not-so-secret-meeting-with-owners/

This really is the closest thing to good news we've had in a while.

opinions?

Juriga72
06-02-2011, 08:45 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/statuses/76278976963805184

"No new CBA gets done today or tomorrow. Hope is two sides lay a foundation to get deal done later this month. But talking is encouraging."

This meeting in NY supposed to be so super secret that some NFL owners are in the dark about it? THis can only make sense if the rest of the league has given Jerry Jones and co permission to represent owners in general.

It was so secret that it was held in Chicago...LMAO :welcome:

Even D SMith was there..... damn I hope.. hope...... they get smart soon

Lonestar
06-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Nothing is going to happen till the 2nd or 3rd games are missed.
Unless the someone blinks and rolls completely over.

The players are morons to have the militant DS representing them. He has an agenda and gives a rats ass about anything but his agenda.

When the players realize that the owners are not going to roll over. And that will be after they miss a coupe of game checks.

Jerry Richardson is the hawk in the group and knows what needs to get done.

BigDaddyBronco
06-02-2011, 08:56 AM
The legal ruling on Friday should indicate who has the upper hand. If the courts side with the owners then the lockout stays and it probably impacts the players lawsuit. If one side gets legal leverage, then I think a new CBA is bound to happen. All the legal stuff has been about leverage in the CBA negotiations, once the legal position is clear, a deal should happen.

TXBRONC
06-02-2011, 09:07 AM
I agree this the most hopeful news we've had in awhile. Also I hope neither sides takes a combative stance like that dumb ass Richardson has taken. Sticking to principals is fine but both sides need be willing work with each other or this only prolongs the agony. Also you don't have to agree with the way Smith is handling things but accusing of not caring for his clients is unfounded. Unless get into the guy's head know his you have no idea what he's thinking. His job is to vigorously look after the best interests of his client.

BigSarge87
06-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I agree this the most hopeful news we've had in awhile. Also I hope neither sides takes a combative stance like that dumb ass Richardson has taken. Sticking to principals is fine but both sides need be willing work with each other or this only prolongs the agony. Also you don't have to agree with the way Smith is handling things but accusing of not caring for his clients is unfounded. Unless get into the guy's head know his you have no idea what he's thinking. His job is to vigorously look after the best interests of his client.

And at what point should ethics be a priority to him? F that guy. He's a POS that will ruin the game looking out for the best interests of his clients.

TXBRONC
06-02-2011, 09:47 AM
And at what point should ethics be a priority to him? F that guy. He's a POS that will ruin the game looking out for the best interests of his clients.

That's why they pay Sarge. When you're representing someone your look after their best interests. Let me reiterate this there has be give and take. Jerry Richardson verbally assaulting players like Peyton Manning wont further the discussions either. Besides that game is ruined its not going to be all on the players both sides will be culpable. Btw if Smith or lawyers on the side throw ethics out the window they run the risk of ruining their careers.

LTC Pain
06-02-2011, 08:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/02/reports-de-smith-attended-not-so-secret-meeting-with-owners/

This really is the closest thing to good news we've had in a while.

opinions?

If you look at the latest story at PFT, one of the writers opines that a deal would have been done already if both sides got rid of the lawyers. I'd tend to agree.

nevcraw
06-02-2011, 09:23 PM
you know who really loses while this is going on?

the fans of the fans.. they lose the worst.