PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Davis: Broncos great talks Tebow, Moreno, barbeque and Canton

TXBRONC
06-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Terrell Davis: Broncos great talks Tebow, Moreno, barbeque and Canton
By The Denver Post

Posted: 06/02/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

When do you think is the right time for quarterback Tim Tebow to start for the Broncos? — Keegan, Colorado Springs

Terrell Davis: I was always a big fan of waiting a year of two to groom an NFL quarterback; let him learn and mature. But I think the right time for Tebow would be right now.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18185167

:behindsofa:

chazoe60
06-02-2011, 07:47 AM
TD is soooooooo smart.

BroncoStud
06-02-2011, 07:58 AM
TD is correct.

TXBRONC
06-02-2011, 08:03 AM
TD is soooooooo smart.

TO is correct.

And if Davis had said that Tebow should sit for one more year I have little doubt you two wouldn't be questioning TD's sanity. :lol:

MOtorboat
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
You are obviously an expert on running backs, so what do you think of the Broncos' Knowshon Moreno ? Will he be a great running back?
— Leo, Los Angeles

TD: I have been asked this question often. Let me first say that I can never predict if anybody is going to be great back. But in order for Knowshon to have a chance, to get into his flow, he's got to get a certain amount of carries. He's got to get consistent touches in order to see if he can be great. There are flashes of greatness there, I think, but he can't be a guy who carries one time or two times and then is out of the game. He's got to have a say in the game.

Davis saw the same thing I did, and we're both not talking about injuries or stamina. McDaniels shuffling in and out running backs, thinking he was keeping them fresh, but when in reality he was just voiding his offense of any rhythm in the running game. McDaniels' offense could be unbelievably scary if he could learn some lessons from the way Davis was used in Denver.

underrated29
06-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Davis saw the same thing I did, and we're both not talking about injuries or stamina. McDaniels shuffling in and out running backs, thinking he was keeping them fresh, but when in reality he was just voiding his offense of any rhythm in the running game. McDaniels' offense could be unbelievably scary if he could learn some lessons from the way Davis was used in Denver.

Agreed. But also that little bit on the end i think he is alluding to his hammies. Hes got to stay limber- take up some freaking Yoga.

BroncoJoe
06-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Agreed. But also that little bit on the end i think he is alluding to his hammies. Hes got to stay limber- take up some freaking Yoga.

That can also be affected by going in for a play or two, then sitting for the entire next series, then going back in for a play or two. Hard to keep warm/loose in that situation.

Moreno averaged 4.3 YPC last year. He simply didn't get the touches he should have.

MOtorboat
06-02-2011, 10:59 AM
That can also be affected by going in for a play or two, then sitting for the entire next series, then going back in for a play or two. Hard to keep warm/loose in that situation.

Moreno averaged 4.3 YPC last year. He simply didn't get the touches he should have.

I think that's what Davis is referring to.

He was getting 16.8 touches per game. (The way McDaniels ran that offense, I think you have to factor in the passes, because that was certainly an extension of the run game in the scheme.) That's not enough. And 14 pure rushes a game is clearly not enough for a guy averaging 4.3.

If he gets, say, 20 touches a game, a little under what the top per-game carriers get, at 4.3, he goes for 1,118 (In just 13 games). I think a lot of people would have been very satisfied with that.

claymore
06-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Cant wait to see Moreno in a real NFL offense. :D

Nomad
06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Has anyone tried TD's barbeque sauce? I like using dry rubs then Southern's basting sauce http://southernbbqsauce.com/ as I'm cooking rather than barbeque sauces.

rcsodak
06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Has anyone tried TD's barbeque sauce? I like using dry rubs then Southern's basting sauce http://southernbbqsauce.com/ as I'm cooking rather than barbeque sauces.
Well, since you brought up dry rubs, I expect beef to show up any minute.