PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jackson

WhatEver!!!
10-29-2008, 10:34 AM
For those you who wanted Chad we signed him.

Jackson gets first workout
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 10/28/2008 11:26:07 PM MDT

As the weeks passed by without an offer from an NFL team, Chad Jackson was starting to get worried.

Jackson, a second-round draft pick by New England in 2006 who was cut by the Patriots after training camp, traveled around the country to try out for NFL teams throughout the first six weeks of the season, yet no one signed him.

That was until last week, when he agreed to join the Broncos. He signed on Monday and practiced with his new team in its first post-bye week workout.

"It was miserable just sitting around, watching football games, wishing you could be out there," Jackson said. "I don't wish this on anybody, man. While you're in the league right now, don't take it for granted."

Jackson played in 12 games his rookie year for the Patriots and made 13 catches for 152 yards and three touchdowns. He tore his anterior cruciate ligament in the AFC championship game and was not activated until late in the 2007 season. He played in only two games last year and had no catches.
"When I tore my ACL, that's when they brought in (Randy) Moss and Wes (Welker) and all those guys, and I was kind off in the background," Jackson said. "I guess they didn't really have a need for me."

With the addition of Jackson, the Broncos have six receivers, one more than they have had at any point this season.

"He did a pretty good job his first day out," Denver coach Mike Shanahan said. "We'll get a chance to see him over the next week or so."

Lindsay H. Jones and Mike Klis, Denver Post staff writers

WARHORSE
10-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Hope he can stretch the field.

MileHighWrath
10-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Finally the answer we need to shore up the D... err ... I mean, thank God another wide receiver!

broncofaninfla
10-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Stretching the field and getting open have never been a problem for him. It's actually catching the ball that is his main issue. The guy has more talent than Martinez but doesn't come close on heart. Hopefully he'll make the most of this opportunity and make some plays for us.

Medford Bronco
10-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Chad Jackson sucks.

I hope he proves me wrong but Keary Colbert was the same kind of stiff this
guy is and our main problems are on defense, why Chad :confused:

claymore
10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I hope he is hungrier than Slim at lunch.

CoachChaz
10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
It took 2 years, but my prediction that Denver would get him was right.

tubby
10-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Hope he can stretch the field.

Too bad Cutler throws a shitty deep ball. :coffee:

BigDaddyBronco
10-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Too bad Cutler throws a shitty deep ball. :coffee:

Must be his drinking problem.

tubby
10-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Must be his drinking problem.

Probably. Freaking lush.