PDA

View Full Version : Long wait nearly over for Broncos' Torain

nj10
10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8473

By Gray Caldwell
DenverBroncos.com

DENVER -- It's been almost a full year since Ryan Torain has been on the field playing in a football game. For a guy that lives for chances to get out and show what he can do running the football, that's been an eternity.

"It's been a long time," the rookie said. "So I can't wait to get back."

Even though Torain said it's "doubtful" that he would play in the team's Monday Night Football matchup against the New England Patriots this week, today he took a giant step forward toward that goal -- he took part in his first practice since the Aug. 6, during the second week of training camp.

He ran with the scout team, but just getting on the field was like jumping past a huge hurdle, he said.

"It felt good," he said. "It was huge for me just mentally -- it just kind of relaxed me. It felt good to get back on the grass with some cleats and a ball, just conversing with the team."

The running back said he didn't ever get too winded during practice, because Strength and Conditioning Coach Rich Tuten has been helping him train hard ever since the injury.

And despite being a rookie, Torain said he feels comfortable in the offense because he's had so much time to digest the playbook on his own and with the team.

"Since camp I haven't missed one meeting," he said. "If I just stay getting one-on-one coaching and stay working hard, it's all going to fall into place."

But Torain wasn't the only familiar face who rejoined the team on the practice field Wednesday in preparation for the team's Monday Night Football matchup against the New England Patriots.

Ebenezer Ekuban and Eddie Royal were each on the field for the afternoon session after missing the team's Week 6 contest against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"I got out there and moved around today," said Royal, who sprained his left ankle in the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "I feel good. I just want to get back out there and get in the flow of things. You miss being in the huddle, all those little things about playing."

Both players said the worst thing about not playing was feeling unable to help the team on the field.

"I mean there wasn’t anything I could do from the sideline," Royal said. "I hate that feeling, and I am not looking forward to having that feeling again."

Ekuban said the "What ifs" swirled in his head from the sideline, but he's excited to prepare for getting on the field on Monday.

"If I was in there, could I have made a couple more big plays to help the defense?" he said he asked himself. "Disappointment, anger, all those things cross your mind, but I'm back this week so all of that's in the past."

It was a good day for injury news on the Broncos front.

Tony Scheffler and Selvin Young, both of whom were also inactive in last weekend's game with strained left groins, participated in practice Wednesday on a limited basis.

The only players who didn't participate were Boss Bailey (ankle) and Brandon Stokley (concussion). Head Coach Mike Shanahan said Stokley seems to improve every day, and the team should know something by the end of the week.

Stokley said he still feels a little fuzzy.

"That is a good word for it. I still just don’t feel quite right yet. Hopefully the next couple of days it will take a turn and I will feel better."

"Sometimes I feel pretty good and a few hours later I don’t," he continued. "We will see if it improves and go from there. With this injury, it is so much different than a hamstring or something else. There is really no rehab you can do for it to try and get better. You just have to wait until you feel normal again."

Jay Cutler said the team missed the injured players last week, and he's hopeful that some of them will be back this week.

"We were a little limited," he said. "Hopefully we’ll get some of these guys back this week, but we will have to wait and see."

READY TO STEP IN

If any of the players can't come back, the Broncos found out last week that they have enough depth to handle some injury setbacks.

Michael Pittman, for exampe, took over the starting role at running back when Young was inactive. He ran the ball 20 times for 109 yards -- his first 100-yard game since 2005.

"I thought I handled the carries I got well last week," Pittman said. "I really had 21, but one got called back. I felt pretty good. I’ve just got to get my wind up a little more. I came out healthy and I feel fine today. I’m just going to keep plugging."

Daniel Graham and Nate Jackson helped take on the load at tight end with Scheffler out. Graham had a touchdown catch and Jackson almost had one of his own -- it floated just over his head and past his diving fingertips.

With Royal out and Stokley out midway through the game with the concussion, Darrell Jackson and Glenn Martinez took on their duties. Martinez also took on the punt return duties, almost breaking two returns and finishing with 47 yards on three returns.

Martinez said he's ready to handle whatever comes his way if he's called on again this week.

"They expect us to come in and step up and make it seem like we're not a backup, that we're a starter," he said. "I take pride in what I do, so I work hard during the week, practicing and making sure I learn every position just in case one guy goes down I know every one. That way I can just step in and help the team out wherever they want me to."

Just a few weeks ago, Martinez was out of the NFL after being waived on Sept. 30. Now he's looking at a pretty big role on an AFC West-leading Denver Broncos squad.

"It is weird," he said. "I can remember three weeks ago sitting on the couch watching these guys play. It's a great experience, and I'm just glad to be back out here and be able to contribute to this team any way possible."

NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT, THEN BYE WEEK

Gathering from the locker room, Monday is important for two reasons -- the Broncos are under the national spotlight, and their bye week is looming.

"Monday Night Football –- you always have to be excited for that," Royal said. "Every team is different for me -- I keep getting to experience new things -- and this is my first time playing New England, so I am real excited about it."

Martinez shared his excitement.

"It's awesome," Martinez said. "Who doesn't want to play on Monday night in front of the whole nation? It's a chance to step out there and show the whole nation what you've got."

But the Broncos also want to show themselves what they're made of, and they certainly want to go into their bye week on a positive note.

While the younger players were excited about the spotlight, some of the veterans were focused on getting it done so they can feel good about the team during the bye.

"Especially with the bye coming up, it can make or break a season," Casey Wiegmann said. "You don't know. Last season when I was with Kansas City, we were 4-3 going into a bye week and we didn't win again."

Ekuban echoed Wiegmann's sentiments.

"No one wants to go into a bye on a loss," he said. "So hopefully we're going to go out there, have a good showing and go into the bye week on a good feeling while we're resting."

NameUsedBefore
10-15-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm giddy.

nj10
10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Me too... I can't wait to see what he's got.

NameUsedBefore
10-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Me too... I can't wait to see what he's got.

I just want a power-runner again. Let's face it: Travis Henry looked awesome for the time he was on the field. I want that back.

lex
10-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Meh

BroncoAV06
10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Wasn't it Monday night last year that G-Mart took a punt to the house against the Titans? Close to breaking one, would be a great time to do it again. Big if Royal is able to play at least be on the field and not having so much of the defense on top of Brandon.

slim
10-15-2008, 10:20 PM
:salute:

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 11:39 PM
This is very encouraging.

LRtagger
10-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Monday can not come soon enough.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-16-2008, 04:24 PM
As much as I wanna see what he can do, he still has a grocery list of injury concerns which began in JuCo. Hopefully it's behind him...but I kinda doubt it.

Simple Jaded
10-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I hate Monday Night games......

TXBRONC
10-16-2008, 06:47 PM

Why LinK?

sneakers
10-16-2008, 07:02 PM
That's good news! :beer:

sneakers
10-16-2008, 07:02 PM

Not me, I can get a full days sleep and not have to wake up in the middle of the day to watch.

JKcatch724
10-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm reserving my judgment of Torain as the second coming of Terrell Davis until I see him in action in a league other than the Pac 10. Just sayin.

tomjonesrocks
10-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Although I'm skeptical--that didn't stop me from adding him to my fantasy football roster off waivers this week...:whoknows:

In any case, the team really needs Torain to bring something. Selvin Young has been a monumental disappointment--even his detractors couldn't have imagined *this* unimpressive a season out of him.

We'll see though. Until proven otherwise--Torain=Mike Bell.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-17-2008, 03:59 PM
I just traded Kevin Walter for Torain in my longterm keeper league. It helps that my other WRs are TO, BMarsh, Royal, Meachem and Avery.

Magnificent Seven
10-26-2008, 11:58 PM
It’s the bye week, and it couldn’t come at a better time. We’re all ready to go relax, get our minds off football and come back refreshed.

The bye is always great — it gives guys a rest, a chance to get their mind right, just to focus on the next game and get their mind right.

People are going home, seeing their families, hanging out with friends. Want to know what I’m doing?

I’m staying here. Haha.

I’m going to be conditioning, working out with Coach Tuten. But that’s pretty much been the plan since I’ve been hurt, just try to get back to 100 percent so I’ll be able to help the team when my number’s called. So it’s all good.

I don’t know if my number is going to be called against Miami when we’re back at home. All I know is I’ve just got to stay focused, stay on top of my game, and if Coach does call my number I know I’m going to be ready 100 percent.

Last week was tough. I don’t want to talk much about it because we just have to forget about it and act like it never happened. We have to do the opposite on Sunday when we’re back. As a running back group we had a tough day, too, with Pittman getting banged up and Andre having his fumbles. But we’re all a great group of guys. We running backs all strive to do our best to help out a fellow teammate, whatever the problem may be. So throughout the game and the weeks afterward, we’ve just got to stay positive and keep guys’ hopes up. We need everybody, so we’ve just got to stay positive. I know we’ll all be positive when we come back from the bye ready to work.

Now I see a lot of you started sending me questions again, so let’s get going with some answers.

A couple of you asked if I switched my number from 42 to 39. No, I didn’t. Actually those red jerseys we throw on on top of our practice jerseys represent the scout team. Some players actually wear numbers representing players on the opposing team for that week. I was wearing No. 39 to represent whoever wears that for the Patriots. I’m not even sure. It might be Maroney.

Somebody asked me if I believe that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Oh yeah, most definitely. Especially on the injury front, it definitely makes you stronger. If you can get through and get by, it really helps you out and helps you focus. That’s how I’m feeling right now — I’m ready to go.

As far as my Grammies, my inspiration to play football didn’t come from her, but she has definitely been there for me throughout. She just wants to support me, and she’s doing everything she can to let me know that she’s there for me. And I greatly appreciate that.

And I see a lot of you keep asking about bringing back the Mile High Salute. I have no problem bringing back the Mile High Salute. I probably should ask Terrell Davis about it and see how he feels, and take it from there. We’ll see.

Well that’s all I’ve got for this week. I’m staying with my conditioning to hopefully where I’ll be 100 percent ready to go when everyone’s back from the bye. If Coach calls my number … I’ll be seeing you all on the field.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/torain/2008/10/23/100-percent-after-the-bye/

G_Money
10-27-2008, 12:09 AM
"I’m going to be conditioning, working out with Coach Tuten."

So he's gonna be pulling a groin in next week's game then, I assume...

Love the Mile High Salute part though, and that he wants to talk to TD about it. DO talk to TD. Not just about that, either. Every young RB should talk to a man who went from backup to SB MVP about how he did that, and what kind of commitment it takes.

Here's hoping Train is the real deal. I'd really like him to be.

Hopefully we'll at least get to see him against Miami, and he can manage to hold on to the ball even with his previously injured arm - something apparently none of our other players can do.

~G

DenBronx
10-27-2008, 01:00 AM
so will hall get more carries then young when we play miami or will they all start splitting equal reps?

Magnificent Seven
10-27-2008, 01:02 AM
probably better than Andre Hall. I need to compare on Mike Pittman and Ryan Torain.

If Ryan Torain proves that he is a better runningback, I would like to see them move Pittman to fullback position. Fullback is in up in the air... Larson? Hillis? Pittman?

Depth Chart....
Runningback
1. Ryan Torain 2. Selvin Young 3. Andre Hall

Fullback
1. Mike Pittman 2. Hillis 3. Larsen.

That is my predict. Any thoughts?

topscribe
10-27-2008, 02:09 AM
probably better than Andre Hall. I need to compare on Mike Pittman and Ryan Torain.

If Ryan Torain proves that he is a better runningback, I would like to see them move Pittman to fullback position. Fullback is in up in the air... Larson? Hillis? Pittman?

Depth Chart....
Runningback
1. Ryan Torain 2. Selvin Young 3. Andre Hall

Fullback
1. Mike Pittman 2. Hillis 3. Larsen.

That is my predict. Any thoughts?

Pittman is not a natural FB, and he is not even a really good one. He's too
small. Both Hillis and Larsen are better there.

Pittman is a good RB, though, as he proved the last couple games. And he
will probably continue to tote the rock for a few weeks. Torain may be 100%
physically, but you get into football shape on the football field, and he
hasn't played a down. Moreover, he has not even experienced the speed of
the pro game in game time action. He'll probably get some reps this year, but
he won't make a big splash until next year.

Meanwhile, Young probably still is recovering from his groin injury, and Hall is
now in Shanny's doghouse after the fumbles (remember Mike Bell?). So Pitt
will be the RB of record.

That's my take.

-----

Retired_Member_001
10-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Torain may be 100%
physically, but you get into football shape on the football field, and he
hasn't played a down. Moreover, he has not even experienced the speed of
the pro game in game time action. He'll probably get some reps this year, but
he won't make a big splash until next year.

-----

Exactly.

I think Shanahan will spoonfeed Torain carries to get him back into Football shape. He'll give him one or two carries here, one or two carries there, untill he is more than 100% ready. Once he is, Shanahan will give him a proper share of carries. If he improves the running game, he will continue to get a proper share of carries. If he struggles, Shanahan will give him only a few carries here or there for development.

Broncolingus
10-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Pitt...

...then Young and/or Torian at RB.

For now...

Need to let the injury bug settle down with all three to get a good read healthy, but I have liked how Pittman has ran this year when healthy, but I'm not sure he's got the rest of the season at 100%.

Agree with the group about Hillis and Larsen at FB...

...don't see Hall coming back out of dog house with Denver.

EastCoastBronco
10-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm all for giving Torain an chance but I think Pittman should be first in line... The guy has shown a ton of heart (reminds me of Marion Barber when he runs) and he doesn't cough it up every other touch.
I realize he's not a 30 carry a game guy but really, what have we got to lose?

broncofaninfla
10-27-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm guessing they'll ease Torain into the game plan over the next couple of weeks.

Lonestar
10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
While Pittman has shown he can still run the ball I have to wonder for how much longer..

Torain will probably be given the ball a few times to give the opposing DCs something to ponder if for no other reason.. I suspect he we get more and more carries to see how long /many in each game he can be effective..

But then of course mikey could be trying to convert him into a LB or FS for all we know..

I would like to see the MHS reintroduced into the legend in DEN

CoachChaz
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm all for giving Torain an chance but I think Pittman should be first in line... The guy has shown a ton of heart (reminds me of Marion Barber when he runs) and he doesn't cough it up every other touch.
I realize he's not a 30 carry a game guy but really, what have we got to lose?

Very good analogy. I like it

BroncoJoe
10-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Rookie back hopes to bring 'big plays, excitement' to team

Time marches on. Not run, not jog, lope or skip.

March.

"I know, I know, it feels like forever," Broncos rookie running back Ryan Torain said. "It hasn't gone fast. I've thought about it every day. If you play football you want to play. It's no fun to wait to play."

If Torain gets the first game action of his NFL career Sunday against the Miami Dolphins (2:05 p.m., CBS 4), it will have been 386 days since he left the field of Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium in the first quarter of a game against Washington because "somebody just stepped on my foot."

That was the last time Torain carried a football in a game.

And when all the tests were done, Torain was told he had suffered a Lisfranc injury to his left foot - an injury to the arch where the small bones at midfoot can be dislocated or fractured. For a senior running back hoping for an NFL career, it can be devastating news.

"I didn't think it was that big a thing at first," Torain said. "But a lot's happened since then."

He opted for a relatively new surgical procedure, performed by an orthopedist affiliated with the Phoenix Suns. It required only one surgery, instead of the usual two for Torain's type of injury, and buttons were used instead of screws to repair the ligaments in his foot.

It all meant Torain healed quickly enough to participate in the scouting combine in February. And when the Broncos started training camp, he was on the field and steadily moving up the depth chart - coach Mike Shanahan publicly had compared some of his work to Terrell Davis' - when misfortune intervened again.

During a run-game drill, he was flipped at the end of a run, suffering a fracture near his left elbow as he tried to break his fall as well as some ligament damage.

But the Broncos kept him on the 53-man roster because they believed, despite the need for surgery, he could return with a little more than half a season remaining and have some impact.

After practicing full time in the week leading to the Patriots game, Torain believes he finally is poised to play at least some against the Dolphins.

"I thought about coming back every day," Torain said. "I'm ready to get back out there. I'm ready to play a game. I haven't played one in the National Football League, and I'm excited to see what happens. It was my motivation: Nobody wants to sit on the sidelines; that's what I used to push myself."

At 6-foot-1, 225 pounds and having run the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds in his on-campus workout in the spring, Torain is the best power/speed option in the Broncos backfield.

Quarterback Jay Cutler said it would be difficult for defenses to adjust quickly because they have no video of Torain in the team's offense because he did not play even in the preseason.

"He's going to bring some excitement," Cutler said.

"He's a load," Broncos defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban said. "People can expect brute force and speed. He looks big and you think he's just a north-south guy, but he has elusiveness, too, and I think he's coming in at a good time."

Selvin Young, the Broncos' leading rusher last season, has missed the past two games because of a groin injury, while Michael Pittman, who started the past two games, is working through neck and rib injuries.

The Broncos haven't scored a rushing touchdown in the past four games and currently are 12th in the league in rushing; they haven't finished out of the top 10 since 1999.

"He's still a rookie, still has some learning to do," Ekuban said. "It might be four games in before he feels comfortable all the way, gets his durability right. But the sky's the limit for him."

"Hopefully, I bring some big plays, excitement," Torain said. "I just want to have a good time out there. Football is all about having fun and winning, so that's what I want to bring to the team. I don't feel pressure.

"You just got to come in there and play, play my game, and when it comes, I know I'm going to have a lot of adrenaline, a lot of excitement."

ETC.: Tight end Shannon Sharpe was one of seven former Broncos on the preliminary list of 133 players to be considered for enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2009. Also on the ballot are Terrell Davis, who twice has been among the final 25 players considered, cornerback Louis Wright, linebacker Karl Mecklenburg, safety Steve Atwater, linebacker Tom Jackson and former coach Dan Reeves. . . . The Broncos worked out six defensive players Tuesday at their Dove Valley complex, including five linebackers. Linebacker Mario Haggan, who spent five years with the Buffalo Bills, and linebacker Teddy Lehman, a second-round pick by the Detroit Lions in 2004, were among the group. Also in were linebackers Marcus Riley, Tyson Smith and Rod Wilson. Defensive tackle Matthias Askew, a fourth- round pick by the Cincinnati Bengals in 2004, was worked out.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/28/broncos-rb-torain-hopes-bring-big-plays-excitement/

Davii
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
I can't wait to see what he can do.

Hopefully he can hold onto the damn ball, that in itself will be a welcome change.

broncofaninfla
10-29-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm hoping he holds onto the ball, keeps the chains moving and keeps our pathetic defense off of the field.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Give him the rock 50 times this next game. He is tha Trrrrrrrruf.

MileHighWrath
10-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Finally the answer we need to shore up the D.

OK OK just me being facetious, I am looking forward to seeing if this scum devil can help and become the kind of RB we so truly need. If nothing else I hope he knows how to HOLD ONTO THE FREAKING FOOTBALL.

Nick
10-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Finally the answer we need to shore up the D.

I agree 100 percent should effect the play on the front sevon while Chad jackson is going to make our secondry dominant!

Really though, If he holds on the ball and helps sustain drives and keeps our D off the field and fresh could really help our D. Love to see him and Pittman out there averaging 4-5 a carry.

underrated29
10-29-2008, 12:51 PM
i just want to see how he runs. There are very few clips of his running ability. And the clips i have seen arent that all impressive. Big holes, bad tackling, etc.

I want to see what h looks like when he is running, how he runs, how he moves, how he sees the blocks develop. I of course want to see him succeed. But i just want to be able to watch him run.....

And by that i dont mean plays where he gets stuffed 3 yards back because we were predictable.

I want to see how he runs when he runs for 3-5 yards..or longer.

We will know right then and there by his running if we need to draft a back or not.

PS- even if he rips off two 80yarders. I wont be satisfied if his other runs are not good......Lets get some tape on this guy!

(some highlight tape would be nice aswell.)

rcsodak
10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Give him the rock 50 times this next game. He is tha Trrrrrrrruf.

Yeahh. :rolleyes:

He'll be lucky to not be gassed after 10. :tsk:

Buff
10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Update...

Torain takes another step toward the field

October 29, 2008 6:45 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Broncos just put out their Wednesday participation report for Sunday's game against Miami. What stands out most is that rookie tailback Ryan Torain practiced fully. It seems like, unless there is a setback, Torain will make his NFL debut Sunday.

Torain's return has been greatly anticipated in Denver. He broke his elbow in early August. When he was injured, Denver coach Mike Shanahan compared the fifth-round pick from Arizona State to Denver great Terrell Davis. Inside the organization, the team was distraught about the loss because Torain was a star of camp and the team was close to making him the No. 1 tailback.

He started practicing before the New England game on a limited basis. Wednesday, he was practicing fully and he will likely play, at least some, against Miami.

It would be a surprise if Torain played more than 10-15 snaps against the Dolphins. Expect the team to ease in Torain, who hasn't even played in a preseason game in the NFL, into action. He could play more next Thursday when Denver visits Cleveland on a short week.

In addition to the Torain development, receiver Brandon Stokley (concussion) and tight end Tony Scheffler (groin) practiced on a limited basis. Scheffler has missed the past two games and Stokley missed one game. The team is hopeful both players will face the Dolphins. Stokley and Scheffler are two of quarterback Jay Cutler's favorite targets and the Broncos are a different offense with them.

Simple Jaded
10-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Why LinK?

I need my Broncos fix on Sunday, I hate waiting that extra day......

ChairmanBron
10-30-2008, 12:31 AM
More buzz stories.... from the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10831570).

Rookie running a little late
Torain carrying hype into delayed debut with Broncos
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 10/28/2008 03:02:11 AM MDT

Hear that buzz, Broncos fans?
It's the hype building about rookie running back Ryan Torain, who is preparing to finally make his NFL debut, perhaps as soon as Sunday at Invesco Field at Mile High against the Miami Dolphins.
Since when has the midseason debut of a rookie — especially one drafted in the fifth round — been so highly anticipated?
"I think a lot of people are putting pressure on his back by predicting him to do things when he's just trying to come out and do his job," veteran running back Michael Pittman said. "I think he feels it, but as a young guy, you want that opportunity."
Consider that when Torain dislocated his left elbow and damaged ligaments during training camp in early August, he had
been steadily moving his way up the depth chart and likely would have been in contention to earn a starting job by September.
At that point, the coaches were so impressed with their rookie tailback that head coach Mike Shanahan even offered up a comparison to Terrell Davis.
"He's one of the most gifted running backs I've been around for a long time. He is very similar to Terrell Davis when he came in," Shanahan said Aug. 6, the day Torain was carted off the practice field.
Consider that each of Denver's other three active running backs are suffering from some sort of injury, whether it is Pittman's bruised ribs that will likely have him questionable for the Miami game or Selvin Young's sore groin that has kept him out of the past two games or Andre Hall's sprained wrist suffered earlier this month.
Now about three months removed from the elbow injury and subsequent surgery, Torain is the healthiest back Denver has.
"It looks like that a little bit," Torain said. "Everybody's got nicks and bruises that we fight through."
And consider that Denver's offense, so potent through the first three weeks of the season, is looking for a spark after scoring fewer than 20 points in each of the past four games.
"I want to take up that big role that everyone is counting on and take it and run with it," Torain said.
So while just about everyone in Broncoland is looking forward to Torain's debut, the anticipation is nothing compared to what Torain himself is experiencing. It's been more than a year since Torain last played in a game. He missed the final seven games of his senior year at Arizona State with a fracture in his foot. And his elbow injury came three days before Denver's first preseason game.
"It's been a long time waiting," Torain said. "I've been waiting since the sixth grade. I got postponed again when I got my injury, so I'm going to be excited."
Torain remained in Denver during the bye week to continue working out with strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten. He said his elbow feels "100 percent" better and that he was not limited in practice on Monday.
He still wears a protective brace on his left arm in practices and will wear it in games as well. None of that matters, though, as long as he's playing, he said.
"I was used to sitting out, so I coped with it well and now I'm back. The time felt like it flew by," Torain said.

LRtagger
10-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Andre Hall's sprained wrist suffered earlier this month.

LOL...nfl.com and HealthONE has him listed questionable with an ANKLE injury.

I doubt he sees the field at all on offense unless he has to b/c of injury

Welcome to the doghouse, Andre.

Fan in Exile
10-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I really hope that Torain doesn't get too excited because that leads to mistakes and mental errors. Just take the carries that you get hit the holes that are there and fall forward.

Oh yeah, DON'T LOSE THE BALL.

underrated29
10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
LOL...nfl.com and HealthONE has him listed questionable with an ANKLE injury.

I doubt he sees the field at all on offense unless he has to b/c of injury

Welcome to the doghouse, Andre.

I like Andre too. But once you enter shannys doghouse. You're toast. Its like hotel California.

broncosfanscott
10-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I hope they bring him in slowly since he hasn't played a game in 13 months. He just needs to hold onto the ball and he'll be fine, however regardless of who is in the backfield, our running game needs to improve.

Lonestar
10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I like Andre too. But once you enter shannys doghouse. You're toast. Its like hotel California.

Don't you mean the Bates Motel..

Cutler6MVP
10-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Looks like he might not play after all, Shanny doesnt want to play him quite yet.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said that his preference would be to keep RB Ryan Torain (elbow) out Sunday to give him more time to recover from his elbow injury.
Shanny may not have much of choice, though, with the rest of his running backs banged up as well. "We'll wait and see," Shanahan said of Torain's debut. The rookie shouldn't be counted on in Week 9, so owners will have to continue to show patience with their roster stash

Fan in Exile
10-30-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope he's saying that to get them to practice against the pass while we load up with the run.