PDA

View Full Version : Brandon lloyd on NFLN Total Access

nevcraw
05-30-2011, 08:22 PM
anyone else watch this?

did an awesome job.
was non-contraversial about the QB's praising both -- but did say he became a Tebow believer from his "willing the play to happen and would do anything to make it happen" and where he trying to go with his career. he smiled like a kid while he was saying alll this.

He also defended well his top 100 spot based on his play in 2010/2011.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-31-2011, 10:12 AM
here is link

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/05/30/a-few-minutes-with-brandon-lloyd/

rationalfan
05-31-2011, 12:39 PM
i love lloyd. most exciting player on the team, by far.

BroncoStud
05-31-2011, 12:54 PM
I really like Lloyd, he was amazing last year, a 1-man circus and deep threat. I hope he can maintain his high level of play because it will only help ANY of our quarterbacks on the field. Kind of crazy to think we had him and Marshall on the same roster at one point and didn't realize it.

Lonestar
05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
I really like Lloyd, he was amazing last year, a 1-man circus and deep threat. I hope he can maintain his high level of play because it will only help ANY of our quarterbacks on the field. Kind of crazy to think we had him and Marshall on the same roster at one point and didn't realize it.

I suspect that BM was getting all of the balls and because Of that Lloyd was not getting the reps in practice. BM is a high maintaince WR.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Good interview.

Lloyd gushed over Orton. Obvioulsy that wasnt mentioned in the OP (Tebow was however) because fans hate Orton, but Lloyd thinks KOs a good QB and gave him some nice praises.

Grover
05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Brandon Lloyd was inactive for something like the first 14 games in his 2009 season. He had 2 starts and 8 catches in 2009 and he was on the team all year long. Talk about a Huge Oops.

nevcraw
05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Good interview.

Lloyd gushed over Orton. Obvioulsy that wasnt mentioned in the OP (Tebow was however) because fans hate Orton, but Lloyd thinks KOs a good QB and gave him some nice praises.

was non-contraversial about the QB's praising both

good god man

topscribe
05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Good interview.

That's what I noticed. Lloyd tried to be politically correct about it, but then he
went on to talk about how much trust there was between him and Orton. He
never mentioned Tebow after that.

I mean, c'mon, folks, it's all there. Go to Carol's link in Post #2 and listen to it.

-----

topscribe
05-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Brandon Lloyd was inactive for something like the first 14 games in his 2009 season. He had 2 starts and 8 catches in 2009 and he was on the team all year long. Talk about a Huge Oops.

It seems LS is right: BMarsh kept Lloyd on the PS. Or rather, McD kept Lloyd on
the PS because of BMarsh. So the superstar took over when the head case left . . .

-----

robert ethan
05-31-2011, 02:47 PM
That's what I noticed. Lloyd tried to be politically correct about it, but then he
went on to talk about how much trust there was between him and Orton. He
never mentioned Tebow after that.

I mean, c'mon, folks, it's all there. Go to Carol's link in Post #2 and listen to it.

-----

Orton was a big part of bringing Lloyd to Denver, so I doubt Brandon would throw him under the bus. They were together in Chicago and had a pretty good chemistry going there already.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Orton was a big part of bringing Lloyd to Denver, so I doubt Brandon would throw him under the bus. They were together in Chicago and had a pretty good chemistry going there already.

Yes, it was in the Chicago games I became a Lloyd fan, in fact. Before the 2009
season, I predicted stardom here for Lloyd. It just came a year later than I
expected.

Anyway, all one has to do is to watch the game film and see why Lloyd wouldn't
throw Orton under the bus. Some of Lloyd's spectacular catching came from
Orton's accuracy. Lloyd made implications about Orton's accuracy, in fact, in the
interview, when Lloyd said Orton never hung him out to dry . . .

-----

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 03:03 PM
good god man

Lloyd was obvioulsy more excited about Orton in the interview, not Tebow.

LordTrychon
05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Good interview.

I suspect that BM was getting all of the balls and because Of that Lloyd was not getting the reps in practice. BM is a high maintaince WR.

Jeez.

Lloyd had a disappointing career for 7 years prior to this last year... if we try harder, do you think we can blame all of them on Marshall?

Or maybe McNabb and Favre's down seasons while we're at it?

The only person responsible for making the coaches impressed with Lloyd is Lloyd. Either he hadn't turned that corner yet (remember, he didn't always go for 1400 yds/season) or the coaches were too ignorant to pay attention.

I know some like to point out that Marshall screwed up a lot... why not bring it up now? Didn't Marshall get some voluntary/involuntary time away from practice/games? Why didn't Lloyd impress then? Was that because they were still throwing to Marshall when he wasn't there, too? God, he really is the worst thing ever. Damn.

That all said... good for Lloyd for coming across as mostly impartial.

(Counter argument for the nice things being said about Orton btw would seem to be that Lloyd was in Jacksonville with Tebow).

I am glad we have Lloyd, and I hope he does great again this year, regardless of what else does or doesn't work out or happen. It was one of the lone bright spots last season, watching him play.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Nice job Brandon. Just because us Bronco fans are a bunch of douche bags who can't seem to steer away from Kyle vs Tim doesn't mean you have to do it on the air and fuel the flames.

:congrats:

Dzone
05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Looks like Loyd led the league in dramatic circus catches...damn impressive. Lets hope he isnt a one hit wonder.

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Jeez.

Lloyd had a disappointing career for 7 years prior to this last year... if we try harder, do you think we can blame all of them on Marshall?

The only person responsible for making the coaches impressed with Lloyd is Lloyd. Either he hadn't turned that corner yet (remember, he didn't always go for 1400 yds/season) or the coaches were too ignorant to pay attention.

I know some like to point out that Marshall screwed up a lot... why not bring it up now? Didn't Marshall get some voluntary/involuntary time away from practice/games? Why didn't Lloyd impress then? Was that because they were still throwing to Marshall when he wasn't there, too? God, he really is the worst thing ever. Damn.

(Counter argument for the nice things being said about Orton btw would seem to be that Lloyd was in Jacksonville with Tebow).

I am glad we have Lloyd, and I hope he does great again this year, regardless of what else does or doesn't work out or happen. It was one of the lone bright spots last season, watching him play.

If we can get anything close to a full camp I think we'll be looking at one hell of battle for the starting quarterback position.

Also Lloyd and repeat what he did last season he's going to be a big help to whomever is the starting quarterback.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Jeez.

Actually, Lloyd had a very successful start in Chicago in 2008, being Orton's
favorite receiver then. However, he was sidelined by injury for several weeks,
and even when he came back, he must have been still recovering because he
was not the same.

I can't speak for 2009, other than the speed of Royal, McD's possible favoritism
toward Gaffney (who had played for McD in NE, of course), and BMarsh kept
him off the roster.

But 2010 wasn't any surprise to me. I had watched Lloyd's acrobatic catches
before he ever came to Denver . . .

-----

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Jeez.

Wow, clever way to balance the "chi" in this thread......:coffee:

Torry Holt- "So Ortons the man?"

Lloyd- "Basically."

Hes obvioulsy partial to Orton in this interview and one can only guess why somebody would think otherwise......

BroncoStud
05-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Good interview.

There you go NoCal, make it about Orton... :lol::lol::lol:

It's like Nazi propaganda, you guys think if you say it enough we'll stop using free thought and critical thinking and eventually believe it. :laugh:

LordTrychon
05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Actually, Lloyd had a very successful start in Chicago in 2008, being Orton's
favorite receiver then. However, he was sidelined by injury for several weeks,
and even when he came back, he must have been still recovering because he
was not the same.

I can't speak for 2009, other than the speed of Royal, McD's possible favoritism
toward Gaffney (who had played for McD in NE, of course), and BMarsh kept
him off the roster.

But 2010 wasn't any surprise to me. I had watched Lloyd's acrobatic catches
before he ever came to Denver . . .

-----

Well you're very prescient, Top. ;)

He had one really good game in his fast start in 2008. 6 catches for 124 yds and a TD is pretty impressive. He had one mediocre game though with 5 for 66 yds... and two meh games with 2 catches for 26 and 33 yds respectively.

Everyone had watched his acrobatic catches before he came to Denver. Nobody had ever watched him do it consistently though, because he had never done it... at least not in the NFL.

But yeah, you did hit on my main point, which was this - If you're going to blame Marshall, also blame Gaffney and Royal, who were also getting catches. For that matter, also blame Stokely, who also had more catches than Lloyd that season. He also must have been so impressive with his 19 catches that they refused to give Lloyd a shot.

All in all, throw in TE and RB, and there were 8 other options that had more catches than Lloyd.

I like Lloyd. Hope he impresses again. It's not any other player's fault he couldn't impress the coaches in 2009. That's on Lloyd and the coaching staff. Some mix of the two.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
There you go NoCal, make it about Orton... :lol::lol::lol:

It's like Nazi propaganda, you guys think if you say it enough we'll stop using free thought and critical thinking and eventually believe it. :laugh:

What, Lloyd made it about Orton when asked about Orton/Tebow.

Dont care if you cant stand that with all the garbage (and only occasional point) you spew......just like this post. Again, you bring nothing new to the table. Shocker.

LordTrychon
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Wow, clever way to balance the "chi" in this thread......:coffee:

Torry Holt- "So Ortons the man?"

Lloyd- "Basically."

Hes obvioulsy partial to Orton in this interview and one can only guess why somebody would think otherwise......

Didn't say he wasn't partial to Orton in the interview. Obviously he was. My point was that not all the evidence supports his arguments, if you feel like arguing the point. I don't particularly care, because I trust Fox to make the correct determination. I was simply pointing out that Orton was in Denver working out, which is awesome. Lloyd was in Jacksonville working out... also awesome.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Didn't say he wasn't partial to Orton in the interview. Obviously he was. My point was that not all the evidence supports his arguments, if you feel like arguing the point. I don't particularly care, because I trust Fox to make the correct determination. I was simply pointing out that Orton was in Denver working out, which is awesome. Lloyd was in Jacksonville working out... also awesome.

yeah awesome.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Can you say that in public? :shocked:

-----

rcsodak
05-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Blloyd was on sirius nfl today. I could listen to him anytime. He actually stops, and gets his thoughts together before answering. That's uncommon.

Anyway, he gushed about TT. Said he/gaff are vets and have proven themselves....either thru there play or their longevity in the league. Says now its up to the young guys (TT) to prove they belong. Says all 3qbs can get it done...yes, even bquinn with tc snaps.
says TT and him spent 4 days running/catching routes....shooting hoops...eating together. Had a relaxing blast.
says if orton asked him to run routes in az, he would. Same with bquinn...same with ANY qb. He just loves the game.
He's happy in denver, and felt" in" with the team in '09, even tho he wasn't playing. He knew he'd get his opportunity. And is grateful for the denver media accepting him and not making a big deal with his past. He knew he's wasted his early years.
IF orton gets traded, he'll be happy for him because he DESERVES to be a starter. And said he's 'the smartest, football iq guy' he's ever been around.
Said people are telling him his catches will be down, with fox...said he doesn't care. Running actually helps the passing game, and as long as they're winning, that's all that matters.
Great interview....great guy.

nevcraw
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Lloyd was obvioulsy more excited about Orton in the interview, not Tebow.

Jeez dude you crack me up with this stuff --- LLoyd was not obvioulsy more excited about Orton during the hour he spent last night at 7 oclock on the show called "Total Access".
You can continue paint the wrong picture or finally let it dawn on you that we are not talking about the the same show.. Tory Holt was not on total access. K?

BroncoStud
05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
What, Lloyd made it about Orton when asked about Orton/Tebow.

Dont care if you cant stand that with all the garbage (and only occasional point) you spew......just like this post. Again, you bring nothing new to the table. Shocker.

What new information is there to bring? I prove you Orton-lovers wrong just about every day multiple times. After 6 years the proof is in the pudding, he's average, and he isn't a playmaker, and his attitude is ME-FIRST.

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Jeez dude you crack me up with this stuff --- LLoyd was not obvioulsy more excited about Orton during the hour he spent last night at 7 oclock on the show called "Total Access".
You can continue paint the wrong picture or finally let it dawn on you that we are not talking about the the same show.. Tory Holt was not on total access. K?

I'm not sure Lloyd is going to care whose's throwing the pill as long as it's coming his way on a regular basis.

Northman
05-31-2011, 06:22 PM

He had one really good game in his fast start in 2008. 6 catches for 124 yds and a TD is pretty impressive. He had one mediocre game though with 5 for 66 yds... and two meh games with 2 catches for 26 and 33 yds respectively.

Everyone had watched his acrobatic catches before he came to Denver. Nobody had ever watched him do it consistently though, because he had never done it... at least not in the NFL.

But yeah, you did hit on my main point, which was this - If you're going to blame Marshall, also blame Gaffney and Royal, who were also getting catches. For that matter, also blame Stokely, who also had more catches than Lloyd that season. He also must have been so impressive with his 19 catches that they refused to give Lloyd a shot.

All in all, throw in TE and RB, and there were 8 other options that had more catches than Lloyd.

I like Lloyd. Hope he impresses again. It's not any other player's fault he couldn't impress the coaches in 2009. That's on Lloyd and the coaching staff. Some mix of the two.

Best post of the thread.