PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Tim Tebow organizes workouts

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has organized his own team workouts with fellow Denver receivers in Jacksonville, according to a league source.

Last week, Tebow flew Broncos wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney and Britt Davis to Jacksonville, put them up in a nearby hotel, and then led a week of workouts in his hometown, the source said.

Each of the Broncos receivers had hoped to come, the source said, but Eric Decker had another commitment, and Demaryius Thomas (torn Achilles) and Eddie Royal (strained hamstring) were unable to practice at this time due to lingering injuries.

rest of article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6608302

TXBRONC
05-30-2011, 05:59 PM
rest of article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6608302

There is a lot to like about this kid.

BroncoStud
05-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Yep, this is a great sign. :salute:

rcsodak
05-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Decker would rather practice with orton.

TXBRONC
05-30-2011, 09:00 PM

Thread is about Tebow not Orton. :coffee:

broncobryce
05-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Decker is with his woman. In vegas. Unless Orton is his woman.

Nomad
05-31-2011, 10:24 AM
DT is disappointing!! It's like he's made of glass.

nevcraw
05-31-2011, 10:31 AM

cool! new fact.
link? quote? soundbite? bread crumb trail?

Lonestar
05-31-2011, 10:36 AM
DT is disappointing!! It's like he's made of glass.

Achilles is one of the toughest tendons in the body take alot to tear one, think the frost has bitten your brain. :laugh:

Lonestar
05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
:focus:
Glad to See that Tebow is taking a leadership roll. Getting timing down with your WR is a critical part of playing time.

chazoe60
05-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, Decker did show up to work out with Orton in Denver.

But why all that expense in Jacksonville? Why not just get some facilities in
Denver and meet there with allllll the QBs and receivers? And where was Tebow
when Dawkins arranged the workouts out of his own pocket in Denver for the
whole team?

And did Orton get snubbed? After all, Tebow was supposed to have been
snubbed by Orton in Vegas. How come nothing has come out about an invitation
from Tebow to Orton in Jacksonville?

Bottom line is, who gives a shit?

-----

Wow! This was supposed to be a thread about Tebow working out with some of his WRs. Why the hostility toward the guy. No one even brought up Orton til RC and that was just to throw flame-bait on a fire that wasn't even burning.

Come on guys!

topscribe
05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Wow! This was supposed to be a thread about Tebow working out with some of his WRs. Why the hostility toward the guy. No one even brought up Orton til RC and that was just to throw flame-bait on a fire that wasn't even burning.

Come on guys!

I asked some questions.

Why does that have to be interpreted as hostility?

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
05-31-2011, 11:14 AM
I would assume the following explains why these workouts were held in Jacksonville - commitments which TT had down there in that area, which prevented him from being in Denver.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-gators/2011-05-30/story/fans-camp-overnight-get-tim-tebows-signature-his-new

Ravage!!!
05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Really? you don't see how bringing up Orton, in a discussion about Tebow, can be interpreted as intentional baiting and hostility?

Ravage!!!
05-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Nice articles. Such a great guy. I really do hope he turns to out to be our man.

GEM
05-31-2011, 11:21 AM

Take the Orton freaking shit to an Orton freaking thread. FFS.

GEM
05-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Well, Decker did show up to work out with Orton in Denver.

But why all that expense in Jacksonville? Why not just get some facilities in
whole team?

And did Orton get snubbed? After all, Tebow was supposed to have been
snubbed by Orton in Vegas. How come nothing has come out about an invitation
from Tebow to Orton in Jacksonville?

-----

Take Orton freaking shit to an Orton freaking thread.

chazoe60
05-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Nice articles. Such a great guy. I really do hope he turns to out to be our man.

Me too. I have more faith than you I think but it is hard to root against this kid no matter what. I am flabbergasted by some who do.

claymore
05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
I cant wait till we have a bonafide starter that we can all get behind.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 11:38 AM

Oh, sorry.

Okay, let's see . . . what can I do with this?

This paragraph is all about Tebow. It should be all right:

"But why all that expense in Jacksonville? Why not just get some facilities in
whole team?"

Now, what can I do with the next one?

"And did Tebow snub Orton? How come nothing has come out about an invitation
from Tebow to Orton in Jacksonville?"

Maybe that's better?

P.S. I even deleted the other post.

-----

jhns
05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
So top turned into a troll because of Kyle Orton? How sad.

NightTerror218
05-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Oh, sorry.

whole team?"

Maybe that's better?

-----

Tebow did show up when Dawkins had his workouts, he just missed the first couple. Tebow showed up early and worked on taking snaps with Watson and then threw with Britt Davis.

Nomad
05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Achilles is one of the toughest tendons in the body take alot to tear one, think the frost has bitten your brain. :laugh:

:focus:
Glad to See that Tebow is taking a leadership roll. Getting timing down with your WR is a critical part of playing time.

I know the Achilles is a really tough injury but as a whole I'm disappointed in DT. I disgress back to Tebow, I'm glad to see him taking the leadership role as well.

I feel for those guys and working out in the heat and humidity. Denver would have been a much nicer climate but understandable Tebow had prior commitments.

Bullgator
05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Get it allll out Top. Not much time left for you. Every passing day brings us closer to end of KO in denver.... and your yapping. that goes for RC too

LTC Pain
05-31-2011, 12:19 PM

Most excellent! I declare the undorked :)

Slick
05-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Maturity levels are at an all time high here at broncos forums.

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM

Without you around Slick this place would be Rompper Room. :lol:

BroncoStud
05-31-2011, 12:49 PM

:lol::lol::lol: That's pretty funny.

underrated29
05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Oh, sorry.

whole team?"

Maybe that's better?

-----

Top- Tebow was not there at dawks workout because he had prior workouts and things already planned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance. Look them up. He had them planned before the draft even took place i believe. Once they were done he did show up.

nevcraw
05-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm going to bring the bar down even lower slick..

If Bullgator and Topscribe had a love child it's name name would be Bullscribe or Topgator!

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not intended in anyway to be harmful nor meant in malice.

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM

If Bullgator and Topscribe had a love child it's name name would be Bullscribe or Topgator!

Nah they would just name the child bullshit. :lol:

J/K :D

slim
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM

DISCLAIMER: The above post does not intended in anyway to be harmful nor meant in malice.

C'mon man...everyone knows Top is way past his child bearing years.

Let's try and keep it real in here :cool:

topscribe
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Top- Tebow was not there at dawks workout because he had prior workouts and things already planned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance. Look them up. He had them planned before the draft even took place i believe. Once they were done he did show up.

Thanks. No better way to serve a question than to provide an answer. :)

-----

underrated29
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM

DISCLAIMER: The above post does not intended in anyway to be harmful nor meant in malice.

True. That would be their names, but unlike a Barf, where he is a MOG. Half man and have dog- he is his own best friend.

A bullscribe or topgator love child would hate himself. he would be his own worst enemy. On one hand you have the Religous love of Gator for tebow. Who at any moment would wring the sweat out from tebows towel and drink it. The other side is blind following for the Orton. The inner love/hate conflict would literally tear the topgator apart.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 01:21 PM
True. That would be their names, but unlike a Barf, where he is a MOG. Half man and have dog- he is his own best friend.

A bullscribe or topgator love child would hate himself. he would be his own worst enemy. On one hand you have the Religous love of Gator for tebow. Who at any moment would wring the sweat out from tebows towel and drink it. The other side is blind following for the Orton. The inner love/hate conflict would literally tear the topgator apart.

Nah, the Top part would simply Ignore the Gator part. :coffee:

-----

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 01:22 PM
C'mon man...everyone knows Top is way past his child bearing years.

Let's try and keep it real in here :cool:

In Vitro fertilization. :nod:

nevcraw
05-31-2011, 01:24 PM

soooo.... we would have the complete opposite of Spontaneous human combustion called LDHI (long drawn out human implosion). now that would be something..

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
soooo.... we would have the complete opposite of Spontaneous human combustion called LDHI (long drawn out human implosion). now that would be something..

Isn't human implosion the same thing as gas or constipation? :confused:

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Me too. I have more faith than you I think but it is hard to root against this kid no matter what. I am flabbergasted by some who do.

Who not on Tebows nuts? The majority of fans want him to start. I think Ortons a solid Qb, but I sure as hell would love for Tebow to start.

No matter how low we get, we will never be Raider fans.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
In Vitro fertilization. :nod:

Who is Vitro? :confused:

-----

topscribe
05-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Who not on Tebows nuts? The majority of fans want him to start. I think Ortons a solid Qb, but I sure as hell would love for Tebow to start.

No matter how low we get, we will never be Raider fans.

I would, too -- if he wins an honest competition to show he's the best man for the job . . . :beer:

-----

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Who is Vitro? :confused:

-----

I thought he was your Italian surrogate.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I thought he was your Italian surrogate.

I get funny feelings up my leg when you talk like that . . .

-----

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 01:37 PM
I would, too -- if he wins an honest competition to show he's the best man for the job . . . :beer:

-----

I agree that Tebow should earn it. But the starter role will practically be handed to him if Orton is traded.

topscribe
05-31-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree that Tebow should earn it. But the starter role will practically be handed to him if Orton is traded.

Well, Tebow is working hard to earn it. That's encouraging. However, a QB can
work out and practice with receivers in an open field all he wants, but the game
changes once the defense is on the field.

I'm afraid this lockout is hurting Tebow big time. About all he's accomplishing
right now is his accuracy and timing with the receivers. It might help with the
timing, but he has thrown for several years now, so his accuracy is what it is.

The best thing that can happen for him is for the lockout to end and his getting
onto the field into competition. Until then, I don't see much benefit . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
05-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Get it allll out Top. Not much time left for you. Every passing day brings us closer to end of KO in denver.... and your yapping. that goes for RC too

Was this post really necessary???? IMO, it was not.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 01:56 PM

Hes a player fan that followed his man crush to the NFL. Does anybody really expect him to be rational?

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 02:04 PM
I get funny feelings up my leg when you talk like that . . .

-----

:jaw: :bolt:

TXBRONC
05-31-2011, 02:08 PM

:tsk:

NightTerror218
05-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Well, Tebow is working hard to earn it. That's encouraging. However, a QB can
work out and practice with receivers in an open field all he wants, but the game
changes once the defense is on the field.

I'm afraid this lockout is hurting Tebow big time. About all he's accomplishing
right now is his accuracy and timing with the receivers. It might help with the
timing, but he has thrown for several years now, so his accuracy is what it is.

The best thing that can happen for him is for the lockout to end and his getting
onto the field into competition. Until then, I don't see much benefit . . .

-----

One reason his accuracy was lowered was because he threw hail marys at the end of a game and some during the end of halfs. Those never improve yours % if you have only been in 3 games. But if you have been in 10 games if basically becomes hidden. But figure he through 5 of those it goes to 53%. Which in its own should be up near 60% but he was a rookie and was not allowed to through it around as much as a normal pocket passer. During preseason he was at 64%. So.......

slim
05-31-2011, 02:46 PM
One reason his accuracy was lowered was because he threw hail marys at the end of a game and some during the end of halfs. Those never improve yours % if you have only been in 3 games. But if you have been in 10 games if basically becomes hidden. But figure he through 5 of those it goes to 53%. Which in its own should be up near 60% but he was a rookie and was not allowed to through it around as much as a normal pocket passer. During preseason he was at 60%. So.......

That is not the reason.

He was missing badly at times (especially in the first half of the SD game). I blame some of that on the coaching staff for not getting him practice reps during the season. He just looked rusty/off at times.

I think we will see something close to 60% this year, assuming he plays.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
One reason his accuracy was lowered was because he threw hail marys at the end of a game and some during the end of halfs. Those never improve yours % if you have only been in 3 games. But if you have been in 10 games if basically becomes hidden. But figure he through 5 of those it goes to 53%. Which in its own should be up near 60% but he was a rookie and was not allowed to through it around as much as a normal pocket passer. During preseason he was at 64%. So.......

Your fighting over schemantics really. 3 games isnt enough experience to understand how good Tebow really is.

NightTerror218
05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Your fighting over schemantics really. 3 games isnt enough experience to understand how good Tebow really is.

That was why I was stating that you cant base his completion percentage off just 3 days. All anti-tebow keep throwing out his 50% completion rate. I was stating that preseason it was 64% and during the 3 game during season he had some hale marys that hindered that percentage. And with the fact that he only had 3 games worth those hale marys added up.

LTC Pain
05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Yep, it's the hail marys that are dragging TT down. Next time in those situations he should audible a draw play or bubble screen instead. Gotta keep that completion percentage up :)

T.K.O.
05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
STUPID LOCKOUT !!!!!!!!

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=856155952889&id=4dbf5a3e7412c4809f4992f1b37eab69&url=http%3a%2f%2fneedled.files.wordpress.com%2f201 0%2f07%2fcharlie-brown.jpg%3fw%3d359%26h%3d450

rcsodak
05-31-2011, 09:06 PM
If nothing else, playing catch with young britt all offseason should give him a favorite receiver if/when.......

nevcraw
05-31-2011, 09:17 PM
what happpend to Willis Mr. D?

BroncoStud
05-31-2011, 10:12 PM

We will NEVER know how good Tebow is as long as Orton is on the field.

hamrob
05-31-2011, 10:22 PM
I cant wait till we have a bonafide starter that we can all get behind.Hey, if Orton's the starter I'm behind him. When Griese was the starter I was behind him. Even Bubby and that bum Miller. When they're playing I'm outwardly supporting them. That's why I like sites like this that host other Broncos fans...so, that we can bash our own in privacy amongst Broncos Fans!!! :-)

As for Tebow, the kid just has "it". I'm excited to watch him play. I think he can be special. Have I been wrong...sure, so have all of us. But, I'm hoping to see Tebow lead this team to Superbowls!

hamrob
05-31-2011, 10:27 PM
We will NEVER know how good Tebow is as long as Orton is on the field.

Does anybody remember Steve Deberg?

Deberg was a pretty darn good QB. There were many Deberg supportors. Many who couldn't believe that we traded for a Stanford QB who refused to play for the Colts. Then Elway started terribly...and the bashing continued.

Hey, Elway was ultra talented coming out of college...but, Tebow may have been the best ever in College. In the 3 games that I watch him play last year, he gave it his all. And, I think with more emphasis on Tebow, more planning for him specifically, we just may have something.

Bullgator
06-01-2011, 12:21 AM

No, but it sure was fun! :D

By now I would hope no one takes me seriously when talk a lil smack. I mean come on, half the fun of being part of a board is the arguing!

Ravage!!!
06-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Hey, Elway was ultra talented coming out of college...but, Tebow may have been the best ever in College.

Elway is STILL has the highest rating of any... ANY.... player to come out of college. Tebow wasn't even rated the highest in his class.

So yeah... Elway was Ultra talented.