PDA

View Full Version : Ben Hamilton, OUT FOR YEAR. (IR)

Requiem / The Dagda
09-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Here's the link. (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/09/28/hamilton-out-for-year-lynch-walker-limited-at-practice/)

Tough to see this happen, but it was expected.

anton...
09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah...

kinda saw that coming...

and i hope walker plays this weekend...

we will need him...

:uh:
________
MAKESHIFT VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

dogfish
09-28-2007, 06:47 PM
too bad, but you really could see it coming-- once symptoms lingered through training camp, it was pretty obvious that this was something that wasn't gong to heal quickly. . . it's obviously of paramount importance that he regain his complete health, whether he can return to football or not. . . i'll wish him the best of luck regardless, and hope that he can come back 100% next year. . .

unlike others, i've been relatively satisfied with holland and myers-- they've admittedly had more ups and downs than we're accustomed to on the interior, but you're going to have that most times with two new starters. . . i still think the potential is there for the line to come together into a pretty good, cohesive unit-- and i still like the potential of chris kuper a lot, so it's not like the cupboard is bare at the position right now. . . unless eslinger can continue to develop and improve, we'll probably need to add at least one more interior OL next year, but we have plenty of seconf day choices to do it-- and there are lots of guys floating around the league who have some experience in our system, so we can always find a temporary depth solution on the cheap in free agency. . . i'm still more concerned with the state of the tackle position than the interior. . .

lex
09-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow, now what. Meyer and Holland have been kind of struggling...same with Pears for that matter.

Skinny
09-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Meh, expected but was hoping for the best. And now that tiny little crack in the door of "hope", is closed.

Well, there's the roster spot for Peterson (DE) anyway. . .

Tom33
09-28-2007, 08:25 PM
That is really bad news about Hamilton. I hope he comes back fast.

Retired_Member_001
09-29-2007, 01:03 PM
It's sad to hear this but I honestly think that Chris Myers should be starting over Ben Hamilton, even if Hamilton was 100% fit.

I hope he can recover and have a successful career with another team.

gobroncsnv
09-29-2007, 02:17 PM
The main thing is for the kid to get completely healthy... my prayers are with him.

I do like Myers' attitude somewhat, but hope to see him take ownership of the job. We need a solution, not a stopgap. The more he sees that he is the one we've plugged in there, that he is the one and not look over his shoulder, the more solid he'll be. I think he's doing just ok for now, but HAS the ability, just needs the experience to go with it. WE'RE WITH YOU, CHRIS. Make us proud.

Get well, Ben. Then worry about football.

BigBroncLove
09-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Well I hope Hamilton makes a full recovery. I think it something everyone expected though unfortuantely. At this point I am more worried about his ability to lead a full life then his ability to return to the field. The brain is still a very mysterious realm for modern science and though they are making big leaps in this area, they are still unable to treat this type of injury if the body cannot heal itself.

As for Myers, I have been luke warm about him thus far. I thin he plays with some good authority, but on run blockign especially he misses blocks (specifically when he is asked to go to the second level) when if placed properly would open Henry to the open field. I think he needs to work on his game a little, but I am optimistic about his future. I liked Hamiltons level of play for the most part. Last year when Lepsis went out, the RT position had no depth, and Carlisle was playing poorly, Nalen and Hamilton were the only reasons our rush game stayed on track, and some type of protection was offered. They were the anchors ot that line, and now with him gone I hope the journeyman Myers can start to pick up the pace and fill the void as completely as possible. All and all though, it's not a huge drop off in play....

Get better Hamilton.

dogfish
09-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Well I hope Hamilton makes a full recovery. At this point I am more worried about his ability to lead a full life then his ability to return to the field. The brain is still a very mysterious realm for modern science and though they are making big leaps in this area, they are still unable to treat this type of injury if the body cannot heal itself.

As for Myers, I have been luke warm about him thus far. I thin he plays with some good authority, but on run blockign especially he misses blocks (specifically when he is asked to go to the second level) when if placed properly would open Henry to the open field. I think he needs to work on his game a little, but I am optimistic about his future. I liked Hamiltons level of play for the most part. LAst year when Lepsis went out, the RT position had no depth, and Carlisle was playing poorly, Nalen and Hamilto nwere the only reasons our rush game stayed on track, and some type of protection was offered. They were the anchors ot that line, and now with him gone (even though he is undersizeD) I hope the journeyman Myers can start to pick up the pace and fill the void as completely as possible. All and all though, it's not a huge drop off in play....

Get better Hamilton.

good post as always, but i object to the categorization of myers as a journeyman-- a journeyman by definition is a player who's bounced around from team to team because he ultimately doesn't have the skill level to stick anywhere. . . myers has only played for one team in his career, and he's been patiently waiting for his chance and growing in our system. . .

i agree that he needs to improve his ability to fit on moving targets at the second level, but the fact that he's getting there consistently is encouraging to me. . . i think we'll see improvement from him through the course of the year now that he's settled into a starting role and can focus on just one position. . .

BigBroncLove
09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
good post as always, but i object to the categorization of myers as a journeyman-- a journeyman by definition is a player who's bounced around from team to team because he ultimately doesn't have the skill level to stick anywhere. . . myers has only played for one team in his career, and he's been patiently waiting for his chance and growing in our system. . .

i agree that he needs to improve his ability to fit on moving targets at the second level, but the fact that he's getting there consistently is encouraging to me. . . i think we'll see improvement from him through the course of the year now that he's settled into a starting role and can focus on just one position. . .

Fair enough on the journeyman part... I completely misused that term I guess :D . Thanks for clarifying.

Retired_Member_001
09-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Well I hope Hamilton makes a full recovery. I think it something everyone expected though unfortuantely. At this point I am more worried about his ability to lead a full life then his ability to return to the field. The brain is still a very mysterious realm for modern science and though they are making big leaps in this area, they are still unable to treat this type of injury if the body cannot heal itself.

As for Myers, I have been luke warm about him thus far. I thin he plays with some good authority, but on run blockign especially he misses blocks (specifically when he is asked to go to the second level) when if placed properly would open Henry to the open field. I think he needs to work on his game a little, but I am optimistic about his future. I liked Hamiltons level of play for the most part. Last year when Lepsis went out, the RT position had no depth, and Carlisle was playing poorly, Nalen and Hamilton were the only reasons our rush game stayed on track, and some type of protection was offered. They were the anchors ot that line, and now with him gone I hope the journeyman Myers can start to pick up the pace and fill the void as completely as possible. All and all though, it's not a huge drop off in play....

Get better Hamilton.

Myers has made a couple of mistakes, but I've always been confident that he could step up and be a good G.

He was our best pass blocker against the Bills in my opinion (probably because everyone else was so bad), but still, his performance was good.

Whenever someone says the word "concussion" I worry for our young Quarterback.

broncosfanscott
09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I am not surprised that he is out for the year, yet it still sucks. I hope he recovers and is healthy for '08.

sneakers
09-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Noooo! My poor adopted Bronco...

:Cry: