PDA

View Full Version : Former Bronco Starts Web Site For Children

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2008, 09:46 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.ian.gold.2.850755.html

Former Bronco Starts Web Site For Children

Former Bronco Ian Gold is launching a Web site, but it's not to sell sporting goods or to give fans access to him. This Web site will help children learn to write.

The site is whatarekidssaying.com. Gold launched it with the help of his cousin Greg Jennings who plays for the Packers. Their goal is to help infuse children with a passion for putting their thoughts on paper.

"The biggest thing really is just to give them a platform, you know, to be heard," Gold said. "All kids and teens really want is recognition. I've taken trips here and there and that's one of the most consistent things I've seen."

Children can use the site as a diary and compete in poetry and other writing contests. Gold says it will give them a place to share their views and increase their computer literacy skills.

"I really have a heart for writing. I've always been in love with writing ever since I was a kid and I think one of the things kids are getting away from is reading and writing," Gold said. "I think we need to get back to the basics as opposed to kids going out doing things that are not constructive."

The students will also have access to a time capsule.

There they will be able to upload pictures, music, videos and their stories to their own pages. Gold says it will allow the children to see how they progress as writers.

broncofaninfla
10-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Good cause. I wish the best for him.

GEM
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Another reason I love Mr. Ian Gold. :D I sat a row behind his family at the Broncos vs. Packers game last season, very nice people. It must have been a brother cause the gentleman looked just like Ian. :rockon:

WARHORSE
10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Another reason I love Mr. Ian Gold. :D I sat a row behind his family at the Broncos vs. Packers game last season, very nice people. It must have been a brother cause the gentleman looked just like Ian. :rockon:

Ok. Im late to the party, and I cant see as well as I used to.

But I gotta ask Gem, whats up with the pic in your sig, and what is that in your hand? :coffee: Cause it sure looks like yer shirts up, and youre holding :shocked: a hand full of........ lunch? lol............

I admire your integrity in carrying out your debt.

But Im pretty sure youre going to be getting ALOT of offers to wager on things ranging from the score of the next game, to tomorrows weather. And what would the wager be? Oh, I dont know.............family photos?

:coffee:

You dont think so?

:coffee:

You wanna bet?

;)

WARHORSE
10-29-2008, 10:48 AM
And right now, Im hoping Gold has been staying in shape.

Hopefully, being out of the NFL has helped curb his personality to be more lockeroom friendly, and eager to get in better prep for sundays.
Gold can still fly. Heck, put him at safety.

Asian Sushi 7
10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Did Ian Gold not get along well with others, Mr. War? Do you get along well with others?

Requiem / The Dagda
10-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Gold is out of football for a reason. Lets hope he can successfully "tackle" this endeavor.

JKcatch724
10-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Gold is out of football for a reason. Lets hope he can successfully "tackle" this endeavor.

tackles better than what we got...

WARHORSE
11-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Did Ian Gold not get along well with others, Mr. War? Do you get along well with others?

Um, Asian Sushi 7? Theres significance between your name and your questions.

If you want to ask me personal questions.........knock on my door.

I'll answer.:coffee: