PDA

View Full Version : RB's who are licking their chops......

broncofaninfla
10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
In the final nine weeks of the season, the Broncos' 30th-ranked run defense will face nine players currently in the league's top 25 in rushing.

Yards per Player Team Yards carry TDs *Rank

Michael Turner Falcons 655 4.5 6 Third

LaDainian Tomlinson Chargers 551 3.9 4 Seventh

Thomas Jones Jets 532 4.4 3 Ninth

DeAngelo Williams Panthers 522 4.4 3 10th

Jamal Lewis Browns 484 3.8 3 14th

Marshawn Lynch Bills 450 3.7 6 18th

Larry Johnson Chiefs 417 4.5 3 20th

Ronnie Brown Dolphins 406 4.1 7 21st

Jonathan Stewart Panthers 362 3.8 5 24th

This could be ugly............

DenBronx
10-28-2008, 09:35 AM
not could, it will be ugly.

think of how many yards we have given up already. this might be the worst run stopping defense in history. what makes anyone think that will change with the next slew of running backs?

NightTrainLayne
10-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Good side? If we perform as badly as I think we will, there will be no choice but for Shanny to get rid of Slowick, and put all his energy into rebuilding the defense this off-season.

Maybe, if we're lucky, he'll get it halfway right, and we'll be a team to reckon with next season.

MOtorboat
10-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Good side? If we perform as badly as I think we will, there will be no choice but for Shanny to get rid of Slowick, and put all his energy into rebuilding the defense this off-season.

Maybe, if we're lucky, he'll get it halfway right, and we'll be a team to reckon with next season.

For the fourth straight season. :rolleyes:

NightTrainLayne
10-28-2008, 09:47 AM

It's the law of averages. . .sometime he will hit on something right.

NorthernLights
10-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm guessing Larry Johnson is done for the year. He has an audience with the Commish next week and mensa chapter president Carl Peterson has already said he is out against TB. Kolby Smith and his 2.2 average rushing yards per carry shouldn't scare anyone at this point.

turftoad
10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
They ones that are really licking their chops this week are Brown and R. Williams.

Lets just hope Torain is licking his too.

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
for all of you that thought the second half of the season was going to be easy.. that we would win them in a breeze.. considering we can't stop the run what happens when we find a QB that can pass on us also..

Ahahahahahaha

The defense is going cause this team HUGE problems unless during the bye we change this system AGAIN for the second year in a row..

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 12:28 PM
They ones that are really licking their chops this week are Brown and R. Williams.

Lets just hope Torain is licking his too.

MIA defense is not all that weak we could get another ass whooping..

turftoad
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
MIA defense is not all that weak we could get another ass whooping..

Agreed. This should not be looked at as an easy win by any means. We could get our asses kicked.

We can't stop the run or the pass. Miami can be very balanced at times.

We need to eat up the clock and keep the ball away from the Dolphins.

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Agreed. This should not be looked at as an easy win by any means. We could get our asses kicked.

We can't stop the run or the pass. Miami can be very balanced at times.

Lets hope so but again MIA has a pretty good defense actually has had for a long time and now with Parcells in charge again and a decent QB and running game Jay MAY not get much chance to establish a running game.. or passing game for that matter..

dogfish
10-28-2008, 12:38 PM

actually, the good side is that i've got all of those backs except for LT on at least one of my fantasy teams. . . .

Kolby Smith and his 2.2 average rushing yards per carry shouldn't scare anyone at this point.

oh, he scares us-- we'll manage to make him look like walter payton. . . .

for all of you that thought the second half of the season was going to be easy.. that we would win them in a breeze.. considering we can't stop the run what happens when we find a QB that can pass on us also..

Ahahahahahaha

The defense is going cause this team HUGE problems unless during the bye we change this system AGAIN for the second year in a row..

am i the only one that doesn't think it's real funny that our defense blows?

:huh:

Mike
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM

Once you get past the frustration and tears...all that's left is laughter. It's the only way to keep your sanity and deal with the situation without having to buy a new HDTV every weekend. ;)

turftoad
10-28-2008, 12:43 PM
actually, the good side is that i've got all of those backs except for LT on at least one of my fantasy teams. . . .

oh, he scares us-- we'll manage to make him look like walter payton. . . .

I don't think it's funny at all.

If Defense wins Championships, where does that put US?? :tsk:

LRtagger
10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

I will have to admit that I caught myself laughing several times throughout the NE game last week. It was the first emotion that came to me...

its like when you get so frustrated with something, all you can do is laugh. That's about how I feel about this year's team.

Davii
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Do you think Shanny actually thought this was a good team when he guaranteed playoffs, or do you think he knew 8-8 would be good enough to win the Division?

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM

Below pond scum?

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Do you think Shanny actually thought this was a good team when he guaranteed playoffs, or do you think he knew 8-8 would be good enough to win the Division?

He knew his new defensive scheme and DC would be tits.. mastermind that he is..

Did the guarantee come in writing?

What will he do if it does not happen?

Davii
10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
He knew his new defensive scheme and DC would be tits.. mastermind that he is..

Did the guarantee come in writing?

What will he do if it does not happen?

good odds he fires Slowik and gives the job to the guy who currently refills the gatorade jug

smith49
10-28-2008, 07:28 PM

when in the last four games have we been able to keep the ball? yah that would be ideal, but it does not seem to be happening. i don't know if it will change any time soon. we are all baggin' hard on the D (which we should), but the O has been equally as poor in all of the losses.

Broncolingus
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM

Best post ever...

Broncolingus
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Ummmm...

...NOT winning Championships?