PDA

View Full Version : Plethora of Transactions 10/27.

nevcraw
10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Broncos add receiver, tackle to active roster
Rocky Mountain News
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/27/broncos-add-receiver-tackle-active-roster/

ENGLEWOOD — The Broncos signed wide receiver Chad Jackson to their active roster Monday as well as tackle Matt Murphy. The team also signed cornerback Josh Bell to the active roster from its practice squad.

Those players fill the Broncos' three available roster spots after the team moved linebacker Boss Bailey and quarterback Patrick Ramsey to injured reserve last week and tackle Erik Pears to reserve/non-football illness list.

The Broncos had a fourth spot on the roster because defensive tackle Josh Shaw was moved to reserve/suspended list before the Patriots game. But Shaw was at practice Monday, so he was moved from that list.

Also Monday, the Broncos signed Greg Eslinger, the team's sixth-round pick in the 2006 draft, and cornerback Roshod Moulton to its practice squad.

Quarterback Darrell Hackney is expected to be signed to the active roster from the practice squad.

If this has been posted somewhere Mods please delete..

Dean
10-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Pears- reserve non football illness. :confused:

I usually keep up on these things, but I have no idea what this pertains to. Does anyone know what illness Erik currently has? I hope that it is not serious.

slim
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM

I usually keep up on these things, but I have no idea what this pertains to. Does anyone know what illness Erik currently has? I hope that it is not serious.

He had an appendectomy before the Monday night blowout.

Italianmobstr7
10-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I saw a thread on some of the moves made today, but here is the full list and article on it from denverbroncos.com

The Broncos made several roster moves on Monday, including signing free agent wide receiver Chad Jackson and tackle Matt Murphy to their active roster. The team also elevated Josh Bell to its active roster from its practice squad and placed center Greg Eslinger and cornerback Rashod Moulton on its practice squad.In two seasons with New England, Jackson played in 14 career games including a start, amassing 13 receptions for 152 yards with three touchdowns.

Head Coach Mike Shanahan said he is looking forward to seeing how Jackson acclimates himself the the Broncos’ system.

“We just had him in here today, and he did a pretty good job for his first day out,” he said. “We’ll get a chance to see over the next week or so.”

Jackson said he feels fairly comfortable in the Broncos offensive system and with a little studying he should have a solid grasp of it.

The former Patriot and Florida Gator said the hardest adjustment for him will be playing in the Mile High air of Denver.

“The only thing I’m worried about right now is getting used to this altitude and this air,” he said. “So once I get that down I’ll be fine.”

Altitude adjustment aside, Jackson said he is ready to contribute to the Broncos any way he can.

“Young talent,” Jackson said when asked what he brings most to this team. “You’ve got guys right here you can learn from: Brandon (Marshall), (Brandon) Stokley and Eddie (Royal), he’s been a good player coming in his rookie year. I bring in young talent, speed and the ability to catch the ball so hopefully I can bring that here.”

STOKLEY AND TORAIN FEELING GOOD IN PRACTICE

If Monday’s practice is any indication the Broncos, could have two players back and healthy ready to contribute on the offensive side of the football.

Stokley, who has been recovering from a concussion he sustained against Jacksonville, and Ryan Torain, who suffered an elbow injury in training camp, are feeling good and are eager to help their team win.

Stokley believes he is close to where he needs to be in terms of recovery and hopefully returning to action.

“I haven’t got hit yet or anything like that,” he said. “But right now I am just feeling good and I am glad to be back out there and am looking forward to this week.”

Like Stokley, Torain is enjoying getting back into the swing of things.

“It felt great,” he said. “It was fun to get back out there and bang around with the team, it’s been a long time, so I’m just happy to be back out there.”

BYE WEEK A NICE GET-AWAY

The Broncos were able use the bye week as a chance to get away from football both physically and mentally.

Michael Pittman, who is recovering from bruised ribs, enjoyed the week away and used it to rejuvenate his mind and body.

“It was really nice getting the time off,” he said. “Just relaxing a little bit, get some extra treatment for myself. I stayed here the whole time, so just getting away from football for a minute. But we’re back, we’re focused on what we’ve got to do. All in all the bye week is just a good time to try to get your body back.”

Elvis Dumervil went home to Miami and took his mind off football for the week.

“For myself it was good to get away,” he said. “It was a nice break to get home and go to Miami. I didn’t watch any games or anything.”

Stokley said the bye has the team eager to finish strong in the second half of the season.

“Right now I think everybody is upbeat and looking forward to finishing the season off the right way. We are in control of our own destiny. We just have to go out there and play good football – that is the bottom line for us.”

-Jake Grilley, DenverBroncos.com

Broncolingus
10-27-2008, 11:15 PM
"...you told us we have a plethora...and I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is?"

http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/guapo11.jpg

OMorange&blue
10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Awesome.

Broncolingus
10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Awesome.

Why thank ya...

lex
10-27-2008, 11:30 PM

Suckitis.

BTW, Im kind of glad we're bringing Jackson in even thought things didnt go well in NE. Its worth a shot. Hopefully he can stretch the field and hold on to the ball...and block.

Medford Bronco
10-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Does the Chad Jackson signing come with those gloves
with stickum on them :lol: and an instructional book
on how to run a pass route.

He sucked in NE, I hope he does better for us but I am not
holding my breath.

Lonestar
10-27-2008, 11:36 PM

groin pull no doubt :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BigSarge87
10-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Don't they get most of the offseason off? I would think they would WANT to be in Denver, studying, watching tape, doing ANYTHING to make themselves better. You can relax your body anywhere. Doesn't hearing so many of them say 'it was nice to get away' make you think they would rather be away then in Denver trying to turn things around? Just curious.

LoyalSoldier
10-28-2008, 01:32 AM
"...you told us we have a plethora...and I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is?"

http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/guapo11.jpg

Somehow I was just waiting for that one.

DenBronx
10-28-2008, 09:38 AM
i like the chad jackson signing. he is an upgrade over darrel jackson and if he can ever manage to be a solid number 2 then royal could slide into the slot when stokely retires. chad also does a decent job on returns.

GEM
10-28-2008, 11:30 AM

Pears had his appendix taken out. ;)

Italianmobstr7
10-28-2008, 11:35 AM
i like the chad jackson signing. he is an upgrade over darrel jackson and if he can ever manage to be a solid number 2 then royal could slide into the slot when stokely retires. chad also does a decent job on returns.

Not to be an ass here, but what has Chad Jackson done to prove that he's better than Darrell Jackson? When Darrell was with the Seahawks he was a very consistent and good WR. Chad Jackson has been nothing but a first round bust so far. Even when the Patriots had Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney he was still their #5 receiver or inactive every week. Chad is not better or an upgrade over Darrell.

dogfish
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Not to be an ass here, but what has Chad Jackson done to prove that he's better than Darrell Jackson? When Darrell was with the Seahawks he was a very consistent and good WR. Chad Jackson has been nothing but a first round bust so far. Even when the Patriots had Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney he was still their #5 receiver or inactive every week. Chad is not better or an upgrade over Darrell.

fo real!

darrell jackson - 492 catches for 7,018 yards and 51 TDs

chad jackson - 13 catches for 152 yards and 3 TDs

hardly an upgrade. . . he also has a total of five career punt returns and six kick returns, so it's not like he's proven or experienced in those areas either. . . darrell jackson's career accomplishments include three thousand-yard receiving seasons and two more that were close, and an appearance in the super bowl. . . all chad jackson has ever done was run a fast forty at the combine. . . maybe we can make something of him, but in no way is he an improvement over glen martinez at this point, let alone djax. . . .

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
fo real!

darrell jackson - 492 catches for 7,018 yards and 51 TDs

chad jackson - 13 catches for 152 yards and 3 TDs

hardly an upgrade. . . he also has a total of five career punt returns and six kick returns, so it's not like he's proven or experienced in those areas either. . . darrell jackson's career accomplishments include three thousand-yard receiving seasons and two more that were close, and an appearance in the super bowl. . . all chad jackson has ever done was run a fast forty at the combine. . . maybe we can make something of him, but in no way is he an improvement over glen martinez at this point, let alone djax. . . .

You do not get it do you he was signed so mikey could make a TE out of him and perhaps if he put enough weight on the new ORT..

one never knows what is going on in mikeys mastermind..

Kinda like the Shadows byline..

What evil lurks in the minds of men,
the shadow knows
ahahahahaha..

topscribe
10-28-2008, 01:06 PM
He had an appendectomy before the Monday night blowout.

Pears lost his appendix, and the Broncos lost their ass.

What a night . . .

-----

topscribe
10-28-2008, 01:07 PM
You do not get it do you he was signed so mikey could make a TE out of him and perhaps if he put enough weight on the new ORT..

one never knows what is going on in mikeys mastermind..

Kinda like the Shadows byline..

What evil lurks in the minds of men,
the shadow knows
ahahahahaha..

Yup, lots of roster moves.

It's called the scrub shuffle . . .

----

LRtagger
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
....and Mike continues the unsuccessful search for the next Ed McCaffrey.

Retired_Member_001
10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
More on Erik Pears problem (from DenverBroncos.com)

Erik Pears - Complete inability to block anyone - Career Ending

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 06:53 PM

Like he really had one? Elcheapo oline types in DEN doth not count.. Spend your signing bonus and paychecks wisely cause there may not be a another one.. Lots of scrubs out there can take your place till they suck as bad as you did..

Broncolingus
10-28-2008, 07:55 PM
....search for the next Ed McCaffrey.

Jordan Shipley - University of Texas

Requiem / The Dagda
10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Chad Jackson is still 22 years old. Maybe we can get him on track and make use of him. Not everyone makes it right away. :D

LRtagger
10-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Chad Jackson is still 22 years old. Maybe we can get him on track and make use of him. Not everyone makes it right away. :D

That was what we hoped for with Colbert.

Medford Bronco
10-29-2008, 09:49 AM

sucks, just plain sucks. enough said :coffee: