PDA

View Full Version : Xanders: Staff Ready to Go

Denver Native (Carol)
05-25-2011, 09:53 PM
One side of Dove Valley is about to get significantly quieter for the next couple weeks.

General Manager Brian Xanders explained today that the personnel department and coaching staff will head out tomorrow for a little time off.

“We’re taking a two-week vacation where we normally have three to four weeks off in July,” Xanders said. “We’re taking it now because we don’t know what the court rulings will be. Then we’re going to basically be on call from the middle of June until early July, when we’ll probably come back in the office no matter what.”

While much is still up in the air, Xanders stressed that the team is ready for whatever system is put in place.

“We’re ready for unrestricted free agency and college free agents and we’re ready to do the draft pick negotiations,” he said. “So really those are the three major things left. Two of them affect the team, because there are two good player pools left in free agency and college free agents.”

rest of article - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/staff-ready-to-go/

BroncoStud
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
I have a hard time getting excited about our staff. John Fox is just too conservative and I'm afraid it's going to be a very dull and boring style of football that runs on too many 3rd downs and kicks too many FGs.

I get the hire, I really do, it's safe, but I'm not thrilled to see it in action.

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 01:01 AM
I have a hard time getting excited about our staff. John Fox is just too conservative and I'm afraid it's going to be a very dull and boring style of football that runs on too many 3rd downs and kicks too many FGs.
I get the hire, I really do, it's safe, but I'm not thrilled to see it in action.
Wow something we have common ground on.
Did not think that was possible.
I like the pass first offense and run it later in the game when we have a 2 TD lead.
But hopefully he knows defense. If not it will be a short stay in Denver.

Davii
05-26-2011, 01:14 AM

I would agree to a point. Our offensive coordinator didn't go anywhere and got used to McD's offense. If Fox can bring him a little more conservative and he can bring fox a little more risk, it just might be smart football.

Besides, no matter how they happen, wins aren't boring. They're new, shiny, and exciting.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-26-2011, 07:46 AM
I'd rather see us run 10 times for 10 yards and win a 3-0 barn-burner, than see us throw 100 times for 10,000 yards and lose 59-14.

Fox's offense will probably be closer to what Dan Reeves did when he was here. Gee, he only got the Broncos to 3 Superbowls and the Falcons to a 4th...

rcsodak
05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
I'd rather see us run 10 times for 10 yards and win a 3-0 barn-burner, than see us throw 100 times for 10,000 yards and lose 59-14.

Fox's offense will probably be closer to what Dan Reeves did when he was here. Gee, he only got the Broncos to 3 Superbowls and the Falcons to a 4th...

I thought you didn't like blowout losses? Lol

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 08:16 AM

While I like a good defensive game, The reeves era was boring and had it not been for the duke bailing him out on third down. We would have never got to the play offs let alone super b owls.

Hell even Marty helped us more than reeves did had his team not choked two times we would not have got there.

BroncoStud
05-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Wow something we have common ground on.
Did not think that was possible.
I like the pass first offense and run it later in the game when we have a 2 TD lead.
But hopefully he knows defense. If not it will be a short stay in Denver.

Agreed.

BroncoStud
05-26-2011, 09:00 AM

You take away John Elway and Dan Reeves probably doesn't last in the NFL. Had John been given an offense more aligned with Montana Denver might have actually WON Super Bowls under Reeves.

rcsodak
05-26-2011, 10:18 AM
You take away John Elway and Dan Reeves probably doesn't last in the NFL. Had John been given an offense more aligned with Montana Denver might have actually WON Super Bowls under Reeves.
Agreed.

BroncoStud
05-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Agreed.

Holy hell, what's going on here. :lol:

rcsodak
05-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Holy hell, what's going on here. :lol:
You took a smart pill?

;)

BroncoStud
05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
You took a smart pill?

;)

Any advantage I can get... :elefant:

T.K.O.
05-26-2011, 11:18 AM
while i enjoy a good "shoot out" as much as the next fan.......i think the broncos could use a little............................................ .......................

"CRUSH"

:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-26-2011, 11:46 AM

Totally agree - the offense was so easy to predict then - run on first down, run on second down, third down - it's up to you John - make something happen.

Also, we have no idea what the offense will be like. Are we all sure that Fox will design the offense, with no input from the offensive coordinator, or for that matter, no input from John?

broncofaninfla
05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I just want balance and wins. Screw the stats and highlights, give me balance and wins and I'll be fine.

LTC Pain
05-26-2011, 03:35 PM
while i enjoy a good "shoot out" as much as the next fan.......i think the broncos could use a little............................................ .......................

"CRUSH"

:salute:

I completely agree. Give me some Orange Crush defense!