PDA

View Full Version : Peers rank Lloyd higher than Marshall

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-24-2011, 05:28 PM
We know Miami Dolphins and former Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall is ranked No. 61. The NFL Network just sent out a tease saying Brandon Lloyd, who replaced Marshall as the Broncos’ No. 1 receiver in 2010, is ranked somewhere between No. 51-60. Lloyd’s segment will air at 6 p.m. MDT Sunday.

For the complete article follow the link...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/05/24/brandon-lloyd-ranked-higher-than-brandon-marshall/7569/

BORDERLINE
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
He deserves to be ranked in front of Marshall. B.Lloyd is a BIg Play/Amazing Catch WR. Hope he can keep this up and have D.T step up so we can have an explosive WR corp.

battherastard
05-24-2011, 05:46 PM
they aren't going to have any miami highlights for bmarsh. did nothing last season.

Northman
05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
He is ranked higher this year. But as always there are other factors involved and over a period of careers Marshall is much better and more consistent.

rcsodak
05-24-2011, 06:00 PM
If orton can get hammered for 'all the yards, with non-proportionate td numbers', then so does bm.

WARHORSE
05-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Brandon Lloyd is in a contract year.

Brandon Lloyd is a very, very valuable assett at his price.

Extremely tradeable.

Now that hes been ranked ahead of Marshall........uh oh........look for his agent to start chirping at the Broncos. Cant say as I blame em either.

One year wonder or a player whos finally 'getting' it.

I believe hes the real deal at this point.

Doubt we pay him huge dollahs, but we cant really afford to let him play out the year without making some kind of decision on him.

He has extreme value.........NOW.

Play a bad year and that will disappear.

Whats on your mind EFX?

Bosco
05-24-2011, 08:10 PM
He deserves to be ranked in front of Marshall. B.Lloyd is a BIg Play/Amazing Catch WR. Quoted for truth.

nevcraw
05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
I suspect he is our only top 100 mention.

Lonestar
05-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Hmmmmmm Wonder what happened to that top five in some folks mind and being the top paid WR.

Just maybe he is not all that, afterall.

Glad he is someone else's problem kid.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-24-2011, 09:36 PM

We have one other, who hasn't been mentioned yet, probably Bailey.

Montana Battlin Bear
05-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Brandon Lloyd is in a contract year.

Brandon Lloyd is a very, very valuable assett at his price.

Extremely tradeable.

Now that hes been ranked ahead of Marshall........uh oh........look for his agent to start chirping at the Broncos. Cant say as I blame em either.

One year wonder or a player whos finally 'getting' it.

I believe hes the real deal at this point.

Doubt we pay him huge dollahs, but we cant really afford to let him play out the year without making some kind of decision on him.

He has extreme value.........NOW.

Play a bad year and that will disappear.

Whats on your mind EFX?

Why Do You

Always put several lines between statements

when they really don't need them?

It is very annoying....

refrigerator

shank
05-24-2011, 11:09 PM
champ will be on the list. maybe dawkins.

honz
05-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Zane Beadles could make the list.

Lonestar
05-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Why Do You
Always put several lines between statements
when they really don't need them?
It is very annoying....
refrigerator
Plus very hard to quote on a mobile device.

claymore
05-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Marshall has 4 straigth 1000+ yard seasons in 5 years. Lloyd has one 1000+ yard season in 9 years.

Lloyd averages 424 yards a season, Marshal averages 1006 yards a season.

Lloyd has alot of catching up to do.

robert ethan
05-25-2011, 03:03 PM
We know Miami Dolphins and former Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall is ranked No. 61. The NFL Network just sent out a tease saying Brandon Lloyd, who replaced Marshall as the Broncos’ No. 1 receiver in 2010, is ranked somewhere between No. 51-60. Lloyd’s segment will air at 6 p.m. MDT Sunday.

For the complete article follow the link...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/05/24/brandon-lloyd-ranked-higher-than-brandon-marshall/7569/

FOR EMPHASIS!:elefant::salute::cool::coffee::D

rcsodak
05-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Hmmmmmm Wonder what happened to that top five in some folks mind and being the top paid WR.

Just maybe he is not all that, afterall.

Glad he is someone else's problem kid.
All yards. No tds. I'd grade him in the 70's+.

jhns
05-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Lloyd was better last season but his career isn't even close to matching Marshalls. This is true even though Lloyd has been in the league longer....

I would love to still have Marshall. It isn't like we brought in Lloyd to replace him. Lloyd was here a year before we got rid of Marshall. We would have both if we had kept Marshall. They complement each other perfectly. One is a big play deep threat, while the other is one of the best possession receivers in the game. There is no question that this team would have the best receiver set in the league. Too bad McDaniels hated talent...

underrated29
05-25-2011, 04:32 PM

negative.

NFLN said there are only 2 teams with 2 players, all the rest have 3 or more. Jax was one and we were not the other..Sea maybe?

Anyway- Id say lloyd, champ, doom (maybe), clady

broncobryce
05-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Marshall has 4 straigth 1000+ yard seasons in 5 years. Lloyd has one 1000+ yard season in 9 years.

Lloyd averages 424 yards a season, Marshal averages 1006 yards a season.

Lloyd has alot of catching up to do.

Voted by the players to be better, not by us. I'll take the players word for it.

silkamilkamonico
05-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Did people not read the article?

It doesn't say anything about "career". It says 2011.

Nobody is saying Darelle Revis has had a better career than Champ Bailey either, yet I would put money down that he is higher on that list.

silkamilkamonico
05-26-2011, 08:31 AM
I would love to still have Marshall. It isn't like we brought in Lloyd to replace him. Lloyd was here a year before we got rid of Marshall. We would have both if we had kept Marshall. They complement each other perfectly. One is a big play deep threat, while the other is one of the best possession receivers in the game. There is no question that this team would have the best receiver set in the league.

Couldn't agree more. Lloyd has emerged as one of the NFL's best WR threats, and Marshall is one of the NFL's best possession WR's. Both command double coverage in their respective role.

BroncoWave
05-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Lloyd was better last season but his career isn't even close to matching Marshalls. This is true even though Lloyd has been in the league longer....

I would love to still have Marshall. It isn't like we brought in Lloyd to replace him. Lloyd was here a year before we got rid of Marshall. We would have both if we had kept Marshall. They complement each other perfectly. One is a big play deep threat, while the other is one of the best possession receivers in the game. There is no question that this team would have the best receiver set in the league. Too bad McDaniels hated talent...

:lol: It's so ridiculous that people actually believe this.

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Seriously get a grip. Josh did not hate talent just did not tolerate head cases or morons or in his case wife beaters.

If he was not all of The above he would still be in den.

TXBRONC
05-26-2011, 09:26 AM
If orton can get hammered for 'all the yards, with non-proportionate td numbers', then so does bm.

No. Because he doesn't throw ball to himself.

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Did people not read the article?

It doesn't say anything about "career". It says 2011.

Nobody is saying Darelle Revis has had a better career than Champ Bailey either, yet I would put money down that he is higher on that list.

I suspect not but some just can't get over man love for a head case wife beater.

Not thinking logically. Knowing that the moron is a bitch slap away from being suspended for half or more of a season.

Beyond logic thought IMO.

nevcraw
05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
negative.

NFLN said there are only 2 teams with 2 players, all the rest have 3 or more. Jax was one and we were not the other..Sea maybe?

Anyway- Id say lloyd, champ, doom (maybe), clady

interesting.. well shocking really.. bailey IMO deserves a spot but based on the bottom of the list so far not how any of the Broncos deserve a spot besides LLoyd and Bailey. Doom didn't play a snap so no go on him and Clady was a shell of his pre-hoops injury.

MNPatsFan
05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
No. Because he doesn't ball to himself.Actually he might have to ball to himself if he keeps alienating and throwing his QBs and teammates under the bus because none of his QBs or teammates will want to have anything to do with him.:laugh:

Ravage!!!
05-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Actually he might have to ball to himself if he keeps alienating and throwing his QBs and teammates under the bus because none of his QBs or teammates will want to have anything to do with him.:laugh:

Yeah.. cause we never see WRs in the NFL make comments about the QBs. THose that do, have been thrown out of the league :coffee:

He's never made a comment about any of the QBs he played for in Denver. Perhaps he just didn't like the one that sucked so badly that frustration came out. It happens ALLLLLLLL the time in the NFL.

jhns
05-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Seriously get a grip. Josh did not hate talent just did not tolerate head cases or morons or in his case wife beaters.

If he was not all of The above he would still be in den.

Well, when you lie to yourself, it is easy to think of Marshall the way you do.

The talent comment isn't just about Marshall. This team is half as talented as it was when McDaniels got here. They are also older at all but two offensive positions... Don't take my word for it though, just look at the results.

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Voted by the players to be better, not by us. I'll take the players word for it.

Guess they do not take into account the kind of offense the number of pass to them.

If that be the case with BM being the most targeted WR for the years he was in den, not sure about Mia perhaps the pass/yards/TDs per attempt/targeted would be a heck of a way to gradethem CEO their careers. See how that works out for the wife beaters fans.

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Well, when you lie to yourself, it is easy to think of Marshall the way you do.

The talent comment isn't just about Marshall. This team is half as talented as it was when McDaniels got here. They are also older at all but two offensive positions... Don't take my word for it though, just look at the results.

Half as talented, ahahahahahahaha pray tell which positions.
Break it down.
Let's all have q good laugh.

jhns
05-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Half as talented, ahahahahahahaha pray tell which positions.
Break it down.
Let's all have q good laugh.

QB = much worse
RB = much worse
FB = same player
TE = much worse
O- line = much worse
Receiver = a little bit worse
Kicker = same player
Punter = same
LS = a little worse
Safety = a little better (this is only counting what McDaniels did, not our current roster after the draft)
Corner = a little better
LB = better (since doom moved)
D-line = much worse (mostly from doom moving)

Then, of course, there are the facts. 4-12 vs 8-8... This fact is being used because I'm sure some opinions on the talent differ from my own. Then, some also tried convincing me that McDaniels was making smart moves as he drove the franchise into the ground. So, again, the facts are 4-12 vs 8-8.

It is also worth pointing out that the 4-12 team has older(more experience) players at most of these positions.

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Well I can't quote you as it is to big.

IMO
QB a wash jay was and is a head case. Mr turn over. Always forcing the ball into tight spots
RB about the same
FB not used in Joshes offense. But granted with Hollis gone from there worse.
Although L white just maybe better than hillis. or atleast a wash and this is coming from a huge Hollis fan.
WR upgraded. Before we had BM and Eddie now we have loads of WR talent. Considering the headcase BM nit knowing when the next bitch slap suspension was coming and him wanting to bs the highest paid WR IMHO no loss at all. Certainly no drop off in yards or TDs

TE again ts another head case that could not or maybe even would not block at the Los again no loss considering the offense did Not it call for a receiving only TE.
OL same players. Kuper, clady and harris. Newbies in beadles and Walton considering neither hamiton or Casey could power block and frankly both a liability in pass protection we have upedaes There big time

Od dfense considering that 8 of our starters from 08 are no longer starters any where and most are not even in the NFL at this time I'd say your smoking something really good if you think that the 08 defense was any better than last years.

Ok the record yep that was better but then none of the teams since 05 have made the playoffs with 08 melting down after a good start having a 3'game lead with 3 to go and gettin their ass kicked in all 3 games.

So that is what I believe we may never be able to recocile that so lets agree to disagree.

To those will bring up that jay "lead" his team to the playoffs. Let's be honest up front he was the QB of a defense and ST that allowed him to get his ass kicked in the last game where he failed His gut check. A head case pure and simple.

T.K.O.
05-26-2011, 03:26 PM
jay will improve his td/int ratio as he learns the position and knows when to hold em' fold em'
but only if he admits he has a problem:laugh:

rcsodak
05-26-2011, 03:31 PM
No. Because he doesn't ball to himself.
So are you saying its the qb's responsibility to get the wr into the endzone?

jhns
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I think you guys need to move on from this thing about everyone being a head case. That was a sad spin to try justifying what McDaniels did. He is gone now, and has proven tyat he had no clue about what he was doing. Elway was the same as Cutler when he was young. He was said to be immature, he refused to play for a coach, and got another coach fired for making a move he didn't agree with...

Shanahan and Elway say that Cutler is the kind of player you don't give away. I think they know something about the QB position.

If you compare production from the TEs, it isn't even close. Receivers could be better but Royal isn't close to what he was. McDaniels screwed his developement. I would rather have the the old Royal and Marshall than Lloyd and gaffney. You can talk bad about Marshall all you want, he has never been convicted of hitting a woman. You know who has? One of the better people on this planet, Rod Smith(people can grow up)... As for Sheffler and Cutler, no one on this planet has had a problem with them outside of McDaniels. How does that not tell you something?

RB is not close to as talented as it was. Hillis and Torain alone are far better than what we have. I do have hopes that Moreno will develope though. He has had a hard time behind this line.

If your only argument is against these players personalities, I would say you haven't even tried making a talent argument.

Bosco
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM

It would never work out that way. Lloyd is only suited for the X receiver spot in McDaniel's offense, and Marshall is only suited for the intermediate spot that Gaffney now plays. This in itself is not a problem except that the only role Marshall is suited for in the #3 receiver in this offense. You don't put a player of Marshall's cost into that position, plus you would have to deal with the inevitable bitch fest that Marshall would throw over the lack of targets.

underrated29
05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
QB = much worse
RB = much worse
FB = same player
TE = much worse
O- line = much worse
Receiver = a little bit worse
Kicker = same player
Punter = same
LS = a little worse
Safety = a little better (this is only counting what McDaniels did, not our current roster after the draft)
Corner = a little better
LB = better (since doom moved)
D-line = much worse (mostly from doom moving)

Then, of course, there are the facts. 4-12 vs 8-8... This fact is being used because I'm sure some opinions on the talent differ from my own. Then, some also tried convincing me that McDaniels was making smart moves as he drove the franchise into the ground. So, again, the facts are 4-12 vs 8-8.

It is also worth pointing out that the 4-12 team has older(more experience) players at most of these positions.

im close with you on some.

QB-much worse
RB- better (we had injured torain, selvin, tatum and alridge)
WR- MUCH better
TE- much worse
OL- worse-although now with EFX i think its alright to good
FB- Obviously worse (as far as the Running part goes-blocking imo is tbd)
LS- I say same- Frau says worse EVER!
S- MUCH better
CB- Better-not much better, but definitely better
LB-still pathetic
DL-Even Worse

jhns
05-26-2011, 04:01 PM
It would never work out that way. Lloyd is only suited for the X receiver spot in McDaniel's offense, and Marshall is only suited for the intermediate spot that Gaffney now plays. This in itself is not a problem except that the only role Marshall is suited for in the #3 receiver in this offense. You don't put a player of Marshall's cost into that position, plus you would have to deal with the inevitable bitch fest that Marshall would throw over the lack of targets.

While the targets thing could have been a problem(I don't remember him ever complaining, but he has also been targeted a lot), I don't think he would have to be the slot guy. He did pretty good in the season he was here with McDaniels and he wasn't the 3 guy then.

I will say that I do understand not wanting to pay Marshal if we were in a better situation. I just rewlly hated the move because it came after we had already made a lot of positions worse. When you continually get rid of your talent, you end up with the worst season in franchise history.

rcsodak
05-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah.. cause we never see WRs in the NFL make comments about the QBs. THose that do, have been thrown out of the league :coffee:

He's never made a comment about any of the QBs he played for in Denver. Perhaps he just didn't like the one that sucked so badly that frustration came out. It happens ALLLLLLLL the time in the NFL.

Anything to justify his actions, right? :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
05-26-2011, 05:19 PM
While the targets thing could have been a problem(I don't remember him ever complaining, but he has also been targeted a lot), I don't think he would have to be the slot guy. He did pretty good in the season he was here with McDaniels and he wasn't the 3 guy then.

I will say that I do understand not wanting to pay Marshal if we were in a better situation. I just rewlly hated the move because it came after we had already made a lot of positions worse. When you continually get rid of your talent, you end up with the worst season in franchise history.

That's what happened in a nutshell.

Ravage!!!
05-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I think you guys need to move on from this thing about everyone being a head case. That was a sad spin to try justifying what McDaniels did. He is gone now, and has proven tyat he had no clue about what he was doing. Elway was the same as Cutler when he was young. He was said to be immature, he refused to play for a coach, and got another coach fired for making a move he didn't agree with...

This is exactly the case. Cutler was the first person to deal with McD, and eeryone assumed it was Jay. From that point forward, we've seen McD's inability to not get along with other player AND his coaching staff. McD couldn't get along with anyone, yet its the PLAYERS (whom haven't had a problem with other coaches) are the "headcases."

Makes no sense, and for the poster that claims all he does is post "logic and facts" he sure seems to leave it at home when posting on this board.

Shanahan and Elway say that Cutler is the kind of player you don't give away. I think they know something about the QB position.
They also know a few things about dealing with players and other coaches. Seems thats something McD doesn't know.

Ravage!!!
05-26-2011, 05:45 PM

What? Marshall caught over 100 passes and 10 TDs in McD's offense. Did he do that as the #3 WR? If he wasn't playing the #3 WR, then how on earth is that the only spot he's "suited for?" Makes no sense. Sometimes posters get a lil too wrapped up in the technicalities of which they think they know.

robert ethan
05-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Cutler is regarded as a disappointment in Chicago. Marshall is regarded as a headache in Miami. Sheffler is regarded as a third string tight end in Detroit. The former O line starters are out of the league as far as I know. Hillis was already burnt out at the end of last season.

Ravage!!!
05-26-2011, 07:41 PM
:lol:

Well, one thing we can always count on, is "re" never disappoints with his ridiculousness... :lol:

Bosco
05-26-2011, 08:47 PM
What? Marshall caught over 100 passes and 10 TDs in McD's offense. Did he do that as the #3 WR?

Sort of. He was our X receiver (split end) in 2009, but the route combinations of the offense were completely modified to take advantage of his skill set and funnel the passing game through him. You know what those route combos were modified to? The same ones used by the #3 receiver.

In Josh's offense your X receiver needs to be a deep threat, ideally one that is tall. Marshall is tall, but he's not fast enough and doesn't have the body control to play that position the way it's meant to be played. That's not a knock on him as he's undoubtedly a talented player, but he is not a good fit for this offense.

Lonestar
05-26-2011, 08:53 PM
jay will improve his td/int ratio as he learns the position and knows when to hold em' fold em'
but only if he admits he has a problem:laugh:

Do you really beleive that he will?

I think he is the next Jeff George talented head case QB that kills coaches.

Way to many parallels that shows it is more probable than not.

Ravage!!!
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Interesting. Cutler hasn't killed a coach yet, but Orton has "killed" one coach in just his second season.. Its a good thing we are getting rid of that non-talented head case.

Ravage!!!
05-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Sort of. He was our X receiver (split end) in 2009, but the route combinations of the offense were completely modified to take advantage of his skill set and funnel the passing game through him. You know what those route combos were modified to? The same ones used by the #3 receiver.

In Josh's offense your X receiver needs to be a deep threat, ideally one that is tall. Marshall is tall, but he's not fast enough and doesn't have the body control to play that position the way it's meant to be played. That's not a knock on him as he's undoubtedly a talented player, but he is not a good fit for this offense.

We are going to have to agree that he doesn't have the fly speed, but I believer he has more than enough "body" control. I think you are over complicating the "type" of WR that is needed to succeed in the system, since he already proved to succeed in it (even without much of a QB).

If... IF.. the "system" can't use a WR with the kind of talent that Marshall has, then it needs to be modified. Just as we noticed that if the system can't use a good QB, and can't use a stud RB. But thats a different discussion :beer:

Bosco
05-26-2011, 11:02 PM
We are going to have to agree that he doesn't have the fly speed, but I believer he has more than enough "body" control. I think you are over complicating the "type" of WR that is needed to succeed in the system, since he already proved to succeed in it (even without much of a QB). Marshall doesn't have bad body control, don't get me wrong. It's just not elite. Marshall's greatest attributes are size, strength and power, which all play extremely well in the intermediate passing game. You want to be able to hit him 10-15 yards down the field and let him turn defensive backs into speed bumps.

If... IF.. the "system" can't use a WR with the kind of talent that Marshall has, then it needs to be modified. Just as we noticed that if the system can't use a good QB, and can't use a stud RB. But thats a different discussion :beer: Absolutely. Every great offensive coordinator needs to be able to adjust his offensive schematics to take advantage of the talent available.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-27-2011, 10:26 AM
I've watched a few episodes of the "Top 100 players of 2011" and all I can say to this point is that it really makes no sense.

It appears to me that there were few ground rules as to what a "top player" was and also the whole "of 2011" has been completely overlooked by most players.

How can a QB who had his worst statistical season of all time (more ints than TDs), played for a losing team, and got BENCHED (McNabb) be in the top 100? Because it really has nothing to do with 2011 in his case, players voted for him based solely on his past performance.

How can a QB who only played 6 games (of which he won 1) then went on IR not only make the list, but be ranked in the 70's (Tony Romo)? Because he was put there based on past performance, not on what he did in 2011.

Lloyd deserves to be put above Marshall for 2011, no question. As far as career wise, Marshall is so far ahead of Lloyd right now that Lloyd needs to have 3 more years like the one he just had while Marshall takes 4 years off to be equal.

IMO, the whole show is just a crock of shit. It's no better than if they just let the fans do the rankings and all the Cowboys and Jets fans got their teams' players on the list (as has mostly happened with the 8 Cowboys on that list or something ridiculous). It's a bunch of friends voting for each other and it's a popularity contest. Very little is determined by play on the field or actual performance.

If it truly was the "Top ten players of 2011", then guys like Arian Foster would be ranked above guys like Adrian Peterson and Lloyd should be the top WR on the list, period. That ain't happening.

The funniest thing is watching the "reaction show" to see how the analysts would've voted or why they agree or disagree. Even they know (and admit, like Warren Sapp did) that it's a popularity contest.

Ravage!!!
05-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Exactly Horse. Its nothing more than players voting for names. Not that I blame them, thats natural.

How many years have we seen OL be voted to the Pro-Bowl when they were on IR for nearly the entire year? Because their name. They get a piece of paper in their hand and check off the names of their friends... or... names they recognize.

rcsodak
05-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Orton on the list? Tebow?

underrated29
05-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Orton on the list? Tebow?

nope.- well we dont know but I HIGHLY doubt it.

We know LLoyd and Champ are for sures...My guess is we only have 1 other. So IMO it is between Clady and DOOM- I think we have 3 and Doom gets the nod. But there is no way we have more than 4.

lloyd
clady
doom
champ

slim
05-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Interesting. Cutler hasn't killed a coach yet, but Orton has "killed" one coach in just his second season.. Its a good thing we are getting rid of that non-talented head case.

Mike Shanahan disagrees.

broncohead
05-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Mike Shanahan disagrees.

Slowick killed him

robert ethan
05-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Good article on Lloyd at www.profootballfocus.com. Also some interesting stats on percentage of dropped balls by receivers at the different positions. Lloyd had one of the best rates at less than 5% for WR, Marshall one of the worst at over 13%. Also former tight end Daniel Graham was atrocious, dropping nearly 15% of the passes thrown his way over the past three seasons. Second highest among tight ends.

nevcraw
05-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Good article on Lloyd at www.profootballfocus.com. Also some interesting stats on percentage of dropped balls by receivers at the different positions. Lloyd had one of the best rates at less than 5% for WR, Marshall one of the worst at over 13%. Also former tight end Daniel Graham was atrocious, dropping nearly 15% of the passes thrown his way over the past three seasons. Second highest among tight ends.

It’s also important to realize that a receiver’s raw statistics are very dependent on the quarterback throwing to them where their PFF rating isn’t as much. Players like Andre Johnson and Roddy White had top quarterbacks getting them the ball. While you could say that Calvin Johnson was stuck with Shaun Hill for most of the season, even Hill had a better rating than Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow had in 2010. Larry Fitzgerald went without a strong quarterback in 2010 and his numbers also took a hit. With a better quarterback in place, Lloyd could have stood out even more to the general audience.

puts some of the KO talk in perspective.

broncobryce
05-30-2011, 12:34 PM
nope.- well we dont know but I HIGHLY doubt it.

We know LLoyd and Champ are for sures...My guess is we only have 1 other. So IMO it is between Clady and DOOM- I think we have 3 and Doom gets the nod. But there is no way we have more than 4.

lloyd
clady
doom
champ

I would agree but Doom was injured last season, do you think they will still put him on there?

nevcraw
05-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I would agree but Doom was injured last season, do you think they will still put him on there?

I doubt he would be considered.. he didnt play one snap. I will be suprised with anyone besides champ. Clady had a pretty bad year too.

rcsodak
05-30-2011, 12:50 PM
puts some of the KO talk in perspective.

Good ole qbr again......

rcsodak
05-30-2011, 12:51 PM
I think they're having a hard time distinguishing from 'last year' and projections of this year. Seems a little hit n miss.

Lonestar
05-30-2011, 04:46 PM

Yep the BM was sure the best highest paid wr in the game. Glad he is dropping those passes elsewhere.

Lonestar
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Slowick killed him

Mikey killidx himself by thinkIng
pat would allow him to still do want he wanted
That he could win by outscoring everyone
That if he allowed jay To fling it like a mad man that he would save his ass
That if he stood his ground with pat on slowlick pat would bend.

But make no mistake jay killed him and the OC Because his ego made him make stupid passes.

Does anyone ever think had Houckli not made that lousy call in that first San game would we have even had an 8-8 record that year. The team seemed to get confidence from that win. Which should have been a loss I think everyone can agree on that one.

atwater27
05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Mike Shanahan disagrees.

please. the only coach Cutler has killed is Josh. Because he ruined jay's relationship with Denver.

Ravage!!!
05-30-2011, 11:26 PM
please. the only coach Cutler has killed is Josh. Because he ruined jay's relationship with Denver.

Good point. That was definitely the first step towards Napoleon's step to the basement.

MNPatsFan
05-31-2011, 09:30 AM
I've watched a few episodes of the "Top 100 players of 2011" and all I can say to this point is that it really makes no sense.

It appears to me that there were few ground rules as to what a "top player" was and also the whole "of 2011" has been completely overlooked by most players.

How can a QB who had his worst statistical season of all time (more ints than TDs), played for a losing team, and got BENCHED (McNabb) be in the top 100? Because it really has nothing to do with 2011 in his case, players voted for him based solely on his past performance.You are probably right that the players voted for him based primarily on his past performance. However, you/they also have to weigh or factor in his "history of performance" because they may feel that last year was an anomaly and that in 2011 he will return to or close to his historical higher level of performance if or when he is traded to a team that very well could enable him to perform better. I, however, personally feel or believe that McNabb is on the downside of his career and won't be a Top 100 player in 2011.

How can a QB who only played 6 games (of which he won 1) then went on IR not only make the list, but be ranked in the 70's (Tony Romo)? Because he was put there based on past performance, not on what he did in 2011.Remember they are projecting performance for 2011, not last season which was the 2010 season. Just because he was injured last year doesn't mean that he won't perform to his usual or normal standards during previous seasons, which is as a Top 100 player.

Lloyd deserves to be put above Marshall for 2011, no question. As far as career wise, Marshall is so far ahead of Lloyd right now that Lloyd needs to have 3 more years like the one he just had while Marshall takes 4 years off to be equal.In this case they are probably looking at their performances last season (2010) because that will probably more closely predict their performance this upcoming season (2011) than their career performances. Lloyd is in a better team situation than BM and therefore will probably perform better than BM in 2011.

IMO, the whole show is just a crock of shit. It's no better than if they just let the fans do the rankings and all the Cowboys and Jets fans got their teams' players on the list (as has mostly happened with the 8 Cowboys on that list or something ridiculous). It's a bunch of friends voting for each other and it's a popularity contest. Very little is determined by play on the field or actual performance.I haven't seen any of them yet so you are probably right that the whole show is just a crock of shit.:laugh:

If it truly was the "Top ten players of 2011", then guys like Arian Foster would be ranked above guys like Adrian Peterson and Lloyd should be the top WR on the list, period. That ain't happening.Arian Foster was amazing LAST season, but that doesn't mean that he will duplicate his performance in the upcoming 2011 season. As a result, AP should and will be ranked higher when predicting and projecting the Top 100 players for the upcoming 2011 season.

The funniest thing is watching the "reaction show" to see how the analysts would've voted or why they agree or disagree. Even they know (and admit, like Warren Sapp did) that it's a popularity contest.I can only imagine that, but will take your word for it because I haven't seen any of them.

Bosco
05-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Yep the BM was sure the best highest paid wr in the game. Glad he is dropping those passes elsewhere.

He's always dropped alot of passes.

Ravage!!!
05-31-2011, 12:33 PM
caught even more.

Juriga72
05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Mikey killidx himself by thinkIng
pat would allow him to still do want he wanted
That he could win by outscoring everyone
That if he allowed jay To fling it like a mad man that he would save his ass
That if he stood his ground with pat on slowlick pat would bend.

But make no mistake jay killed him and the OC Because his ego made him make stupid passes.

Does anyone ever think had Houckli not made that lousy call in that first San game would we have even had an 8-8 record that year. The team seemed to get confidence from that win. Which should have been a loss I think everyone can agree on that one.

Wait a sec.....

Here's a PRIME example of what Kyle is not. A clutch QB who comes back and win games..... but now its "The ref WON that game".....

Not Jay for making the 2-point throw.... just the ref's bad call....

I guess only Kyle can get a break from refs huh?

slim
05-31-2011, 01:50 PM

Find a way to make the playoffs, instead of leading the largest collapse in NFL history, and shanny is still here.

*que "it's all on the defense" excuses.

Lonestar
05-31-2011, 01:59 PM
He's always dropped alot of passes.
IIRC the moat targeted WR for 3-4 years.

His catch percentage was much lower than almost any of the guys making catches.

I for one was always wondering why everyone was gaga over him. Most Of the other guys were more Effecent than he was.

But once labeled baby TO this place went nuts about him. The first pro bowl he was at he was lost looked terrible. Which was about What I thought he would be.

Lonestar
05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Find a way to make the playoffs, instead of leading the largest collapse in NFL history, and shanny is still here.

*que "it's all on the defense" excuses.

A simple concept that no one could get.