PDA

View Full Version : Yes, it's Bleacher but interesting numbers...

SpringsBroncoFan
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/710697-nfl-free-agency-2011-odds-the-denver-broncos-target-these-10-free-agents

I think they are all wet on the CB & OT ideas but these are interesting...

Darren Sproles: 10 percent.

Cedric Benson: 25 percent.

DeAngelo Williams: 75 percent.

Defensive Lineman

Tommie Harris: 45 percent.

Brandon Mebane: 55 percent.

Barry Cofield: 80 percent.

rationalfan
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
the thing i hate about these stories is they operate under the assumption the nfl still works like it did ten years ago when free agency and immediate gratification were the norm. (and it's not just bleacher, i just read a piece on PFT that made me feel the same)

i'm far from an nfl expert, but it feels more and more that teams are building cheaply through the draft or being smarter about player acquisition (i.e., finding people who fit their systems). yet, so many of these free agency forecasts ignore that.

again, what do i know?

TXBRONC
05-24-2011, 01:38 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/710697-nfl-free-agency-2011-odds-the-denver-broncos-target-these-10-free-agents

I think they are all wet on the CB & OT ideas but these are interesting...

Darren Sproles: 10 percent.

Cedric Benson: 25 percent.

DeAngelo Williams: 75 percent.

Defensive Lineman

Tommie Harris: 45 percent.

Brandon Mebane: 55 percent.

Barry Cofield: 80 percent.

I don't know if would go with percentage of who we would likely sign. What I could see is Denver pursing Cofield and Williams aggressively.

rcsodak
05-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Don't forget the cheaper option of the undrafteds. I could see them grabbing cb there, as well as Dl/Ol. Remember, they are on record saying they'll be looking for the 2nd contract fa's....still young and promising. That knocks a few of the aforementioned off the list.

SpringsBroncoFan
05-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Don't forget the cheaper option of the undrafteds. I could see them grabbing cb there, as well as Dl/Ol. Remember, they are on record saying they'll be looking for the 2nd contract fa's....still young and promising. That knocks a few of the aforementioned off the list.

Not to mention the tender on Mebane...

I'd love to see us pickup CB Burney, DT Williams, FB Hynoski, WR Binns, with Williams in FA.

Not much left on the OL though... OT Smith might be worth a flyer as a project.

If we only get Williams in FA and pickup the above players it's a win - as long as our 1st 3 picks pan out.

underrated29
05-25-2011, 10:22 AM
We are not getting Dwill2. Its not going to happen. The panthers are not going to let him go. So everyone can throw that idea in the trash.

There are some Very Good RB prospects in the UFDAs. Specifially what our team really needs. A BURNER!

We have a bruiser in white, we have knowshon, ball is depth, but no where do we have speed. Derrick Locke, Noel "piece of shit" Devine, Via taua or whatever his name is is solid and there is one other back. Forgot his name right now....He is solid too....220+lbs runs a 4.4- good solid player

I would not be the least bit surprised to see us go hard at Mebane and Cofield. I think the broncos got DT hard in FA- and use the ufdas for depth. We already have a UFDA list of who we like best so i will not list them here again. But imo that is what happens.

HammeredOut
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
We have a bruiser in white, we have knowshon, ball is depth, but no where do we have speed.

Knowshon a bruiser.. bahaahahahahaha... :coffee: that just made my day. lol..

Know-show is just that, a no-show on the stat sheet.

TXBRONC
05-25-2011, 10:34 AM

Those guys if they even stick end up on the practice squad quite a bit.

Traveler
05-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Something tells me that Denver will only pursue second tier players at DT. Don't think they are willing to throw serious FA dollars at the position.

Who those second tier players are, I don't know. Guess it all depends on what they agree to with the new CBA.

Many of the restricted guys probably won't be available and I'm guessing Denver won't get into a bidding war for those players that actually become unrestricted.

Lonestar
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
i'm far from an nfl expert, but it feels more and more that teams are building cheaply through the draft or being smarter about player acquisition (i.e., finding people who fit their systems). yet, so many of these free agency forecasts ignore that.

again, what do i know?

The smart teams built via the draft with cheaper rookie contracts and then kept the players that really fit their scheme and paid them to stay. Look at NE, Pit , Indy etc all consistent winners and kit very active in the FA market.
You can add San and KC to that list.

FA IMHO is for filling one spot that you may lack to make a run at the ring. Or fill a spot that for some reason you flat can't seem to find in the draft.

You can get proven players and KNOW their attitudes up front.
The draft is a crap shoot, esp when you have mikey dafting.

Mikey almost bankrupted Pat with all of his dumb FA
Moves and piss poor drafting most of his time in den. His day one picks that busted are almost legendary. (Except for a couple of years) and lbs

underrated29
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Reading comprehension is key to any dialogue. Take a second try please.

rcsodak
05-25-2011, 12:12 PM

Re-read his post

Ravage!!!
05-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Mikey almost bankrupted Pat with all of his dumb FA
Moves and piss poor drafting most of his time in den. His day one picks that busted are almost legendary. (Except for a couple of years) and lbs

:lol: Weren't you just bragging about bringing facts?? :confused: :lol:

Lonestar
05-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Something tells me that Denver will only pursue second tier players at DT. Don't think they are willing to throw serious FA dollars at the position.

Who those second tier players are, I don't know. Guess it all depends on what they agree to with the new CBA.

Many of the restricted guys probably won't be available and I'm guessing Denver won't get into a bidding war for those players that actually become unrestricted.

I suspect you are dead on with this. The disdain they showed to the DT in the draft tells me it will be a very low priority and second or third level guys will bs brought in.