PDA

View Full Version : Miami

broncofaninfla
10-27-2008, 08:33 AM
By chance did anybody catch the Miami-Buffalo game yesterday? The Fins moved the ball successfully against a very good defense. Anybody who chalked this game as a win might want to reconsider. They use a lot of misdirection plays on offense. With our defense being in the situation it is, I look for a long day this Sunday. We'll need our offense to be back on their game and score at least 35 to have any chance of winning this one.

MasterShake
10-27-2008, 10:36 AM
By chance did anybody catch the Miami-Buffalo game yesterday? The Fins moved the ball successfully against a very good defense. Anybody who chalked this game as a win might want to reconsider. They use a lot of misdirection plays on offense. With our defense being in the situation it is, I look for a long day this Sunday. We'll need our offense to be back on their game and score at least 35 to have any chance of winning this one.

Yes, I agree. Thankfully we usually do really well after BYE weeks under Shannahan when he has ample time to prepare. Remember, we took out Pittsburgh last year after a BYE and our defense was arguably worse then. Hopefully Miami tries to get cute with their offense and we can force some turnovers or get some good sacks on Pennington. I still think we are the better team in this game however, and as long as we play like we should (we being the team, I'm gonna sit on my ass and watch in judgment) this should be a solid win of 10 or more IMHO.

Mike
10-27-2008, 10:48 AM
The defense was worse last year? Is that possible? :confused: I thought we were at the bottom of the barrel.

Pennington is the type of QB that kills Denver. Throw in that Denver manages to make the worst of NFL QBs look like the best thing going in the league....

Then we can't stop any RB with a heartbeat. Ronnie Brown will gash the defense. That Wildcat formation will kill us.

And don't overlook their defense. It is tough and physical.

The only things Denver has going for it is that the game is in Denver, they are coming off a bye and have healed up some. I don't think that is enough.

LRtagger
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Last year's defense had less talent, but overall was much better as a unit.

MasterShake
10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
The defense was worse last year? Is that possible? :confused: I thought we were at the bottom of the barrel.

Pennington is the type of QB that kills Denver. Throw in that Denver manages to make the worst of NFL QBs look like the best thing going in the league....

Then we can't stop any RB with a heartbeat. Ronnie Brown will gash the defense. That Wildcat formation will kill us.

The only things Denver has going for it is that the game is in Denver, they are coming off a bye and have healed up some. I don't think that is enough.

Fair enough. For what its worth though, I think we win this game handily. If it does happen, remember that a giant Milkshake told you first!

Fan in Exile
10-27-2008, 11:34 AM
I think that our game plan for this has to be the same as it has been for the last couple. If our offense can come out healed up and score right away and our D can stop them for a couple of series then we can turn them into a one dimensional team. Then we have to keep scoring as our D slowly rides off into the sunset.

As accurate as Pennington is I don't think he has the arm strength or that his team has the receivers to win a shoot out.

Turn overs will kill us so will a slow start by the offense. Either one will keep the running game around too long for us to be able to win this one.

It is a thoroughly winnable game that I have high hopes for coming off of our bye week.

LRtagger
10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Pennington threw the ball very well downfield yesterday against a good defense.

Unless we can get in his face for most of the game (which I dont think we can do AND stop the run), then look for Chad to pick us apart.

If we DO manage to get into the backfield, look for Miami to have 300 yards rushing as a team.

I would like to think that this will be an easy win, but it simply wont be. We will need to play mistake free, nearly perfect football to win this game IMO.

MasterShake
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I think that our game plan for this has to be the same as it has been for the last couple. If our offense can come out healed up and score right away and our D can stop them for a couple of series then we can turn them into a one dimensional team. Then we have to keep scoring as our D slowly rides off into the sunset.

As accurate as Pennington is I don't think he has the arm strength or that his team has the receivers to win a shoot out.

Turn overs will kill us so will a slow start by the offense. Either one will keep the running game around too long for us to be able to win this one.

It is a thoroughly winnable game that I have high hopes for coming off of our bye week.

Good points. We have the kind of team (potentially) that can do good things with the D for at least a half, and the Offense could really bury Miami before halftime as well with points. I still contend that without those dumbass turnovers early in the last few games, we are suddenly up 14 or 21 to nothing (the D actually stops people at the beginning of games) and they panic and who knows what happens. We are no longer the kind of team that can grind out the clock and suffocate with lengthy drives though, we need to utilize our beastly offense and bury them with an avalanche of points. I'm talking so many points that the cheerleaders could play defense and it won't matter. If Indianapolis could do it a few years back, so can we. I see a lot of simalarities (sans the turnovers) between us and that team. Superbowl? Hell no. But I NEED to see some Broncos playoff football this year. San Diego is practically assuring us of that. Who knows, we get a home playoff game and anything can happen.

MasterShake
10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Pennington threw the ball very well downfield yesterday against a good defense.

Unless we can get in his face for most of the game (which I dont think we can do AND stop the run), then look for Chad to pick us apart.

If we DO manage to get into the backfield, look for Miami to have 300 yards rushing as a team.

I would like to think that this will be an easy win, but it simply wont be. We will need to play mistake free, nearly perfect football to win this game IMO.

Yes, its kind of sad that the Defense has a pick your poison aspect to it. Its like, what kind of records do we want the other team to break today? Run or pass?

Retired_Member_001
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Last year's defense had less talent, but overall was much better as a unit.

At least last year, our pass defense was decent.

This year, our run defense and pass defense suck.

This year, our defense is much worse.

G_Money
10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
We need to score like demons, HOLD ON TO THE DAMN BALL, and play defense like we did against TB.

We haven't done all three of those things in the same game all season (unless you count the Raiders as "a game" I guess).

So either a) we're due or b) it ain't likely.

I feel optimistic today, so I'm going with A).

~G

JKcatch724
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM

The thing that is so sad is... this post is completely true.

claymore
10-27-2008, 02:55 PM

Good news is that I have Ronnie Brown on my salary cap league. I bet he runs in three TD's and throws for one.

Ziggy
10-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Pennington is one of the more accurate QB's in the NFL. If he has all day to sit back and pick us apart, it's going to be ugly. If Denver finally scraps the 3 man rush and plays D with some balls, we might have a shot.

JKcatch724
10-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Good news is that I have Ronnie Brown on my salary cap league. I bet he runs in three TD's and throws for one.

Thus creating Broncos history by being the only team to allow an offensive player to be both the FedEx air AND ground player of the week.

broncophan
10-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Maybe they will show mercy on our dismal-D and not use their Wildcat offense.....since we can't stop a "normal" offense....

hamrob
10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
By chance did anybody catch the Miami-Buffalo game yesterday? The Fins moved the ball successfully against a very good defense. Anybody who chalked this game as a win might want to reconsider. They use a lot of misdirection plays on offense. With our defense being in the situation it is, I look for a long day this Sunday. We'll need our offense to be back on their game and score at least 35 to have any chance of winning this one.Seeing the turnaround in Miami...that happens to be 100% due to new coaches....makes me believe that we could turn around our defense in 1yr if we had the right defensive coordinator. All this talk about it taking 3yrs and requiring new players etc. Take a look at miami...all they changed was their coaching staff.

LRtagger
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Seeing the turnaround in Miami...that happens to be 100% due to new coaches....makes me believe that we could turn around our defense in 1yr if we had the right defensive coordinator. All this talk about it taking 3yrs and requiring new players etc. Take a look at miami...all they changed was their coaching staff.

They had a couple key acquisitions, but essentially you are right. I'm not sure they would be where they are with Cleo Lemon at QB.

I Bleed Aqua
10-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Hello Denver fans. Thanks for the kind words. I gotta admit I am extremely worried about this game. It seems we can only beat the good teams and I am not sure if you guys qualify, no disrespect. If we win, it is going to have to be because of our offense; no matter how good our secondary looked last week, our corners simply get dominated by big, physical recievers(Boldin/Fitz, Andre Johnson... Brandon Marshall?). Will Allen will have his hands full, thats for damn sure. Ronnie Brown is due for another incredible game, and against your defense, it may just happen.

This game is very personal for me, my wife and her family are huge Denver fans, and I will never hear the end of it if we lose. Second and more importantly, my Fins are playing in this game, so that makes it extremely personal to me.

Here is to an injury free game and a Dolphins win. Good luck. If you guys want to make the pregame discussion more interesting, checkout finheaven.com.

Nomad
10-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Miami will play us tough. They beat NE very convincingly at Foxboro which NE beat us pretty convincingly there! Thank goodness we're not playing at Foxboro:lol:! It'll be a close game with a BRONCOS win!

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Hello Denver fans. Thanks for the kind words. I gotta admit I am extremely worried about this game. It seems we can only beat the good teams and I am not sure if you guys qualify, no disrespect. If we win, it is going to have to be because of our offense; no matter how good our secondary looked last week, our corners simply get dominated by big, physical recievers(Boldin/Fitz, Andre Johnson... Brandon Marshall?). Will Allen will have his hands full, thats for damn sure. Ronnie Brown is due for another incredible game, and against your defense, it may just happen.

This game is very personal for me, my wife and her family are huge Denver fans, and I will never hear the end of it if we lose. Second and more importantly, my Fins are playing in this game, so that makes it extremely personal to me.

Here is to an injury free game and a Dolphins win. Good luck. If you guys want to make the pregame discussion more interesting, checkout finheaven.com.

waste of time folks unless you want to join went through about 25 pages and was unable to see anything but ads..

JKcatch724
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Ronnie Brown is due for another incredible game, and against your defense, it may just happen.

Who's your third string RB? I see a 150+ yard performance whoever it is.

Magnificent Seven
10-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Broncos will fire it up on this Sunday against the Dolphins.

Lonestar
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Broncos will fire it up on this Sunday against the Dolphins.

go down in flames good chance..

Broncolingus
10-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I honestly don't have a feel for this game...

You'd think Miami's defense would stifle Denver - esp if the turnovers keep coming in bunches...

...and, you'd think Denver would - yet again this year - let a chump QB look like Joe Montana in his prime and a chump RB run for his career high in yardage...

...but who knows, maybe they'll be pissed off and play a complete game on both sides of the ball.

Denver's about due for that...

Requiem / The Dagda
10-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Miami is going to thrash us. Just see. Honest prediction. Sorry.

broncofaninfla
10-29-2008, 08:37 AM
I live in Florida and have watched almost every Fins game this year. This team is getting better as we continue to slip. Throw the records out, the Fins are playing better than we are right now. They motivate for the big games and I can tell you, this is being billed as big game here. Win or lose I'll always root for Denver just letting you guys know that there is a very good chance the Fins win this week. They NEVER turn the ball over, are playing fired up on both sides of the ball. Top that off with being very well coached. They will be put in position to exploit our obvious weaknesses and they now have the talent to take advantage of that. I look for a career game for Pennington and huge numbers for both RB's for Miami. With the lack of talent on our defense, the only way we win this game is in a shoot out which means the offense has to wake up and assume control of this team. Hopefully the addition of Torain will give us a boost and keep our offense on the field and the defense off the field and on the sidelines.

broncofaninfla
10-29-2008, 03:28 PM
This could be a good "over the total" game. It's set @ 49 right now. With all of the misdirection’s that Miami runs, as efficient as Pennington is playing and how they never turn the ball over, I can see them scoring 35-40 on their own. Besides being blown up on the line, our defense has had an issue with over pursuing plays. Just think how bad it is going to be with the misdirection’s that Miami runs. I look for Denver’s defense to come out fired up to try and prove they are better than what they have shown this season but I’m guessing that will play right into Miami’s hands and our guys will play too aggressive and over pursue the play even more than they usually do. We have the talent on offense to offset this but it will require a “shoot out” effort to win. Either way I see the total going way over just based on how Miami matches up against the Denver defense.