PDA

View Full Version : Upset(s) of the week

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Here are a few upsets of the week. btw I am 33-14 against the spread, so, so far I have done okay;)

Minny +2 over GB. Historically Favre has been less than stellar at Minny. Also Minny has a good defense and Kelly Holcomb starting this week. Better than Jackson.

Arizona +6 over Pitt to at least cover. Historically Zona is pretty good at home and usually when travelling out west, it is hard to blow out the Cards.

now I KNOW I am going to get slammed on this one

Buffalo +3.5 over the Jets. Two bad teams. Buffalo has to win sometime. Their defense can play better at HOME. Jets are not that great IMO

Let the insults fly now :laugh: (tongue in cheek of course lol)

It figures the one upset I get wrong I lose the sig bet lol

MNPatsFan
09-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Here are a few upsets of the week. btw I am 33-14 against the spread, so, so far I have done okay;)Great job Medford!:salute:

Minny +2 over GB. Historically Favre has been less than stellar at Minny. Also Minny has a good defense and Kelly Holcomb starting this week. Better than Jackson.The Vikings D is ONLY good against the run, but not the pass. Therefore, I will take Green Bay for a CP bet Medford.:deal:

Your other picks make sense.:beer:

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Great job Medford!:salute:

The Vikings D is ONLY good against the run, but not the pass. Therefore, I will take Green Bay for a CP bet Medford.:deal:

Your other picks make sense.:beer:

This forum does not have CPs but if I lose, I will put a Pats sigature and well all know how much I love them ;)

If you lose then I will pick a Bronco sig (approved by you of couse)

PS- it CANT be Rodney Harrison, anyone but him.

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I also just read that Hines Ward is not playing for Pitt.

Hopefully this helps the Cards out immensly.

MNPatsFan
09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I also just read that Hines Ward is not playing for Pitt.

Hopefully this helps the Cards out immensly.Yes, but not my fantasy football team.

Last week I started Hines Ward and Javon Walker and neither one of them provided me with a single point.:banghead: This week I picked up Brandon Marshall based on GEM's recommendation and will start him instead of Javon. I am also going to start Wes Welker instead of Hines Ward.

bengaaaaals1688
09-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I am calling for a Monday night upset...:D

Poet
09-29-2007, 03:54 PM
I am calling for a Monday night upset...:D

:beer::beer:

Here is hoping.

MNPatsFan
09-29-2007, 08:25 PM
I am calling for a Monday night upset...:DOh, you mean like the Bengals LOSING, but keeping the Patriots' scoring output to LESS than 50 points!!;)

bengaaaaals1688
09-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh, you mean like the Bengals LOSING, but keeping the Patriots' scoring output to LESS than 50 points!!;)

I'd be happy with that, but I'm calling for a Bengals win.;)

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 01:32 AM
You forgot one game, Med.

Browns and Ravens

Browns are going to win.

Poet
09-30-2007, 01:41 AM

Browns and Ravens

Browns are going to win.

They used all their luck earlier in the year. I hope your QB has a loved one to eulogize him, because he is going to get friggin killed. I really feel bad for Jamal Lewis too, he is going to have a terrible game.

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 01:58 AM
They used all their luck earlier in the year. I hope your QB has a loved one to eulogize him, because he is going to get friggin killed. I really feel bad for Jamal Lewis too, he is going to have a terrible game.

Well, Ratbird (or is it Squeeler), I'm sorry to see that yet another AFC North "fan" has joined. I haven't had any problem with any of the Bengal fans on this board - other than WhoDey's occasional drivel. It really wouldn't surprise me if you claimed allegiance to a different team last year. Or maybe you are worse .... maybe you liked a different team last month?

Medford Bronco
09-30-2007, 08:32 AM

Browns and Ravens

Browns are going to win.

I actually have picked Cleveland as well Plus 4.5:beer:

hope they win outright:salute:

Medford Bronco
09-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Oh, you mean like the Bengals LOSING, but keeping the Patriots' scoring output to LESS than 50 points!!;)

My pick is NE 34 Cincy 21

but it would not upset me if I am wrong ;)

BroncoBJ
09-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Nice. I picked the Vikings, Bills, and Cards to all win. :elefant:

So we are on the same page.

I also picked the Rams to win.

Good stuff.

I dont do NFL Spread.

Poet
09-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, Ratbird (or is it Squeeler), I'm sorry to see that yet another AFC North "fan" has joined. I haven't had any problem with any of the Bengal fans on this board - other than WhoDey's occasional drivel. It really wouldn't surprise me if you claimed allegiance to a different team last year. Or maybe you are worse .... maybe you liked a different team last month?

Lets dissect this post shall we? Implying that someone is not a real fan because they picked your team to lose is always a little funny to see. I'm sure that if I had picked your team to win you would have no problem with me.:rolleyes: Bengal fan for life, I was wearing those Bengal Jerseys when we where 2-14, and I will be wearing my Bengal Jerseys when your team gets moved.....again. Hey, it looks like your teams lucky streak continues as the Ravens commit stupid penalties and McNair makes terrible throws. Congratulations on another likely win, but how gut wrenching would it be if the Ravens rallied and won in the second half.

MNPatsFan
09-30-2007, 04:09 PM
This forum does not have CPs but if I lose, I will put a Pats sigature and well all know how much I love them ;)

If you lose then I will pick a Bronco sig (approved by you of couse)

PS- it CANT be Rodney Harrison, anyone but him.Although Green Bay attempted to give the game away, the Packers saved me from having to utilize a Broncos sig.:whoo: Contact me so that we can coordinate that beautiful Pats signature you will be showing!:hahaha::hahaha:

Escobar
09-30-2007, 04:16 PM

you serioiusly need to glue your mouth shout, you've been wrong in every category......:coffee:

go pats

Escobar
09-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Although Green Bay attempted to give the game away, the Packers saved me from having to utilize a Broncos sig.:whoo: Contact me so that we can coordinate that beautiful Pats signature you will be showing!:hahaha::hahaha:

hey sup, atleast your not sporting that tranny cheerleader like you did in broncomania LOL

i take it that you hate the vikings?

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:06 PM
you serioiusly need to glue your mouth shout, you've been wrong in every category......:coffee:

go pats

Hey, most of the time Baltimore won't play that poorly. If you told me that McNair was going to miss wide open WRs all day without much pressure, and that the Baltimore secondary was going to be non-existent then I would have probably agreed. :rolleyes:

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Lets dissect this post shall we? Implying that someone is not a real fan because they picked your team to lose is always a little funny to see. I'm sure that if I had picked your team to win you would have no problem with me.:rolleyes: Bengal fan for life, I was wearing those Bengal Jerseys when we where 2-14, and I will be wearing my Bengal Jerseys when your team gets moved.....again. Hey, it looks like your teams lucky streak continues as the Ravens commit stupid penalties and McNair makes terrible throws. Congratulations on another likely win, but how gut wrenching would it be if the Ravens rallied and won in the second half.

No, you went far and beyond advocating that the Browns would lose the game. You advocated the death of the Browns starting QB. Also, you were cheering on the Ravens. Meaning that you like the Ravens. Well, that sure isn't how a Bengal fan would act. Seems to me like you are are a bandwagon fan. You are just too ashamed to admit it. Give it time - you'll show your true colors again, Ratbird. Also, you can shut your mouth about "moving". You can just go join another team's fanbase when the Bengals start losing - oh wait. They are!!!

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:14 PM
No, you went far and beyond advocating that the Browns would lose the game. You advocated the death of the Browns starting QB. Also, you were cheering on the Ravens. Meaning that you like the Ravens. Well, that sure isn't how a Bengal fan would act. Seems to me like you are are a bandwagon fan. You are just too ashamed to admit it. Give it time - you'll show your true colors again, Ratbird.

Hmmmm, why don't you ask Bengaaaaaals1688 which team I root for. Or, why dont you go look at my other posts to find which team I root for. I was "cheering" for the Ravens (in other words picking them to win) because not only are they a better team then Cleveland I hate Cleveland. If I was a bandwagon fan why wouldn't I pick a better team then the Ravens to root for? I'll wait for your response, this should be fun.

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Hmmmm, why don't you ask Bengaaaaaals1688 which team I root for. Or, why dont you go look at my other posts to find which team I root for. I was "cheering" for the Ravens (in other words picking them to win) because not only are they a better team then Cleveland I hate Cleveland. If I was a bandwagon fan why wouldn't I pick a better team then the Ravens to root for? I'll wait for your response, this should be fun.

I don't need to ask him - Ratbird, Eagle, Steeler, Colt. Man, I'm really having a hard time figuring out what team you are a fan of. I don't need to look at your other posts. You showed your true colors because you said you wanted the Ravens to win. Cheering on, wanting the Ravens to win = you are a Ravens fan. But, you also cheer on the Ravens. So, you are a Ravens/Bengals fan. A fair-weather fan. Oh joy. You were not picking them to just "win" you were cheering them on and talking "trash". Not smack, "trash". Talking smack is intelligently having a conversation. Your trash (paraphrasing): Derek Anderson is going to have to have a eulogy after this game. I feel sorry for Jamal Lewis.

Well, eulogies are read at funerals. So, you are advocating the death of Derek Anderson. That's not nice, that's not smack. That is trash. The Ravens are such a great team and so much better than Cleveland that they lost 27-13. But, that's luck according to you. Just like it was luck that the Browns beat the Bengals 51-45. That's just "luck". You are full of BS and a fair-Weather fan.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't need to ask him - Ratbird, Eagle, Steeler, Colt. Man, I'm really having a hard time figuring out what team you are a fan of. I don't need to look at your other posts. You showed your true colors because you said you wanted the Ravens to win. Cheering on, wanting the Ravens to win = you are a Ravens fan. But, you also cheer on the Ravens. So, you are a Ravens/Bengals fan. A fair-weather fan. Oh joy. You were not picking them to just "win" you were cheering them on and talking "trash". Not smack, "trash". Talking smack is intelligently having a conversation. Your trash (paraphrasing): Derek Anderson is going to have to have a eulogy after this game. I feel sorry for Jamal Lewis.

Well, eulogies are read at funerals. So, you are advocating the death of Derek Anderson. That's not nice, that's not smack. That is trash. The Ravens are such a great team and so much better than Cleveland that they lost 27-13. But, that's luck according to you. Just like it was luck that the Browns beat the Bengals 51-45. That's just "luck". You are full of BS and a fair-Weather fan.
yep, bandwagon fan, why would he want the ravens to win? so they can go 3-1 and ahead of them in the division? raturd fan...

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 05:31 PM
yep, bandwagon fan, why would he want the ravens to win? so they can go 3-1 and ahead of them in the division? raturd fan...

Ooh, yea. Nothing like a 2 game lead (barring a Bengals win - not gonna happen). I'm not cheering on the Patriots or the Bengals. That game doesn't exist to me - just like every other game in the NFL. You are such a wonderful Bengals fan .... I mean Ravens fan. Nothing like cheering on a rival. If you were a Bengals fan - you would be cheering on the Browns for the game that was on today. Because that would lower the Ravens standing in the division and there would be light at the end of your tunnel - a very faint light. But still a light nonetheless.

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Ooh, yea. Nothing like a 2 game lead (barring a Bengals win - not gonna happen). I'm not cheering on the Patriots or the Bengals. That game doesn't exist to me - just like every other game in the NFL. You are such a wonderful Bengals fan .... I mean Ravens fan. Nothing like cheering on a rival. If you were a Bengals fan - you would be cheering on the Browns for the game that was on today. Because that would lower the Ravens standing in the division and there would be light at the end of your tunnel - a very faint light. But still a light nonetheless.

And the problem with that is when the Bengals beat the Browns that is one game down. As a Bengals fan I would NEVER cheer on the Browns. Especially not since we just lost to you recently. Your logic is failing here, why would I not say I was a Ravens fan if I was one? And why would I say I was a Bengals fan when I got on this site? Seriously, I would recommend that you shut up, you would sound a whole lot smarter that way.

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM

Does the phrase figure of speech mean anything to you? I predicted the Ravens defense to be all over the place and sack Anderson a lot. Occasiaonally I am wrong, the difference between you and I is that you are often wrong.:rolleyes:

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 05:49 PM
And the problem with that is when the Bengals beat the Browns that is one game down. As a Bengals fan I would NEVER cheer on the Browns. Especially not since we just lost to you recently. Your logic is failing here, why would I not say I was a Ravens fan if I was one? And why would I say I was a Bengals fan when I got on this site? Seriously, I would recommend that you shut up, you would sound a whole lot smarter that way.

Ravens! Ravens! Ravens!

Had the Ravens won this game they would be 3-1.

Bengals are 1-2 (looking at 1-3)

How many games behind would the Bengals be? 2 Games!!! Exactly what I said .... 2 Games!!!

How you get 1 from that I will never know.

So, you show your true colors. You would never cheer on the Browns who are 1 game ahead of you and would much rather cheer on the Ravens who would have been 2 games ahead of you. So, your hatred for the Browns is so high that you would like to hurt the Bengals just to see the Browns lose. That doesn't sound like a fan to me. That sounds like a Ravens fan still. You would have liked to have Baltimore have a shot at the division lead. Shame on you.

The person who should shut up is you. You are admitting that you would hurt the Bengals (who you claim to love) in order to see the Ravens succeed. So, by that admission, your order of things you like becomes:

#1 - Ravens
#2 - Bengals

This is because you would hurt the Bengals and their chances and would rather have the Ravens succeeed. So, you are primarily a Ravens fan - just as I have accused you of. A Fair-Weather fan.

Poet
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Ravens! Ravens! Ravens!

Had the Ravens won this game they would be 3-1.

Bengals are 1-2 (looking at 1-3)

How many games behind would the Bengals be? 2 Games!!! Exactly what I said .... 2 Games!!!

How you get 1 from that I will never know.

So, you show your true colors. You would never cheer on the Browns who are 1 game ahead of you and would much rather cheer on the Ravens who would have been 2 games ahead of you. So, your hatred for the Browns is so high that you would like to hurt the Bengals just to see the Browns lose. That doesn't sound like a fan to me. That sounds like a Ravens fan still. You would have liked to have Baltimore have a shot at the division lead. Shame on you.

The person who should shut up is you. You are admitting that you would hurt the Bengals (who you claim to love) in order to see the Ravens succeed. So, by that admission, your order of things you like becomes:

#1 - Ravens
#2 - Bengals

This is because you would hurt the Bengals and their chances and would rather have the Ravens succeeed. So, you are primarily a Ravens fan - just as I have accused you of. A Fair-Weather fan.

Not even remotely close, actually not even in the same area code. If the Ravens won today I still would not be worried, they are as bad on offense as we are on defense. Watching the Browns lose makes me happy, I was born in CINCINNATI. You know, the city where the Bengals play? That place? You get that part right, should I google you up a map from whatever city or town you live in? If the Browns won today then I still wouldn't care because the odds of you beating us again are so small that it doesn't really phase me. The Browns also will have the joy of getting swept by Pittsburgh, we usually split with the Burgh. The Ravens ARE a better team, and I think that they will beat you next time. I would even make a sig bet with you on that if you want. Regardless of the outcome, this was a good game to be a BENGALS fan. Now go ahead and do yourself the favor of realizing that I have said time and time again that I am a Bengals fan so you don't embarrass yourself again.......well at this point it does not really matter...:ahhhhh:

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Not even remotely close, actually not even in the same area code. If the Ravens won today I still would not be worried, they are as bad on offense as we are on defense. Watching the Browns lose makes me happy, I was born in CINCINNATI. You know, the city where the Bengals play? That place? You get that part right, should I google you up a map from whatever city or town you live in? If the Browns won today then I still wouldn't care because the odds of you beating us again are so small that it doesn't really phase me. The Browns also will have the joy of getting swept by Pittsburgh, we usually split with the Burgh. The Ravens ARE a better team, and I think that they will beat you next time. I would even make a sig bet with you on that if you want. Regardless of the outcome, this was a good game to be a BENGALS fan. Now go ahead and do yourself the favor of realizing that I have said time and time again that I am a Bengals fan so you don't embarrass yourself again.......well at this point it does not really matter...:ahhhhh:

Make a sig bet about what? Your Ravens/Bengals doing what? You have shown that you favor the Ravens over your Bengals. You would rather have the Bengals be down by two games against the Ravens this year than be down by 1 game with the Ravens and Browns. How you reason being down by 2 games to the Ravens as better than being down by 1 game to 2 teams I do not understand. The Ravens have clearly shown that they are not the Better team. Same with the Bengals. The better team finds a way to win NO matter what. Well, the Ravens and Bengals both lost to the Browns. The better team won those days. The Browns. Your own statements prove that the Browns are the better team. Because you consider the Ravens to be equal to the Bengals. But the Browns - them being a game ahead of you is too hard of a challenge to overcome - your own statements show that. See?

If the Ravens won today I still would not be worried, they are as bad on offense as we are on defense.

So you are worried. Why? Because the Browns are 1 game ahead of you. But don't worry - you can always fall on your Ravens or Steelers.

I'm through with you - whatever you are a fan of. BTW, you being from Cincinnati has NOTHING to do with it. I am from Pueblo in COLORADO. I am surrounded by Bronco fans. But guess what? I am a Browns fan. NOT a Bronco fan.

Poet
09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Make a sig bet about what? Your Ravens/Bengals doing what? You have shown that you favor the Ravens over your Bengals. You would rather have the Bengals be down by two games against the Ravens this year than be down by 1 game with the Ravens and Browns. How you reason being down by 2 games to the Ravens as better than being down by 1 game to 2 teams I do not understand. The Ravens have clearly shown that they are not the Better team. Same with the Bengals. The better team finds a way to win NO matter what. Well, the Ravens and Bengals both lost to the Browns. The better team won those days. The Browns. Your own statements prove that the Browns are the better team. Because you consider the Ravens to be equal to the Bengals. But the Browns - them being a game ahead of you is too hard of a challenge to overcome - your own statements show that. See?

So you are worried. Why? Because the Browns are 1 game ahead of you. But don't worry - you can always fall on your Ravens or Steelers.

I'm through with you - whatever you are a fan of. BTW, you being from Cincinnati has NOTHING to do with it. I am from Pueblo in COLORADO. I am surrounded by Bronco fans. But guess what? I am a Browns fan. NOT a Bronco fan.

A sig bet about my BENGALS beating your Browns. And being born in Cincinnati kinda does have something to do with be being a Bengals fan.

The better team always finds a way to win huh? Who is a better team, the Bengals or the Patriots? The patriots by far, but let's say that the Bengals upset the Patriots, then by your logic we are the better team? No, not even close, even if the Bengals beat the Patriots by 21 the Patriots are still the better team. It is a single game, one game, it is not indicative of how good both teams are for an entire season. Sorry kiddo try again. The Bengals and the Ravens are both superior teams to the Browns. The Ravens are great on defense, the Bengals have a great offense. The Browns have an offense that is playing hot right now, but they are the exact same team as last year. Their defense is still sub par, and if you really have faith in Derek Anderson to play well for teh rest of the year then you are either one of the super optimistic fans, or you are an..... fill in the blank.

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
A sig bet about my BENGALS beating your Browns. And being born in Cincinnati kinda does have something to do with be being a Bengals fan.

The better team always finds a way to win huh? Who is a better team, the Bengals or the Patriots? The patriots by far, but let's say that the Bengals upset the Patriots, then by your logic we are the better team? No, not even close, even if the Bengals beat the Patriots by 21 the Patriots are still the better team. It is a single game, one game, it is not indicative of how good both teams are for an entire season. Sorry kiddo try again. The Bengals and the Ravens are both superior teams to the Browns. The Ravens are great on defense, the Bengals have a great offense. The Browns have an offense that is playing hot right now, but they are the exact same team as last year. Their defense is still sub par, and if you really have faith in Derek Anderson to play well for teh rest of the year then you are either one of the super optimistic fans, or you are an..... fill in the blank.

The better team finds a way to win no matter what. No matter the circumstances, the best team on the field that given day or that given hour finds a way to win. The wins count. Not what is on paper. The wins. If the Browns beat the Patriots who is the better team that day? The Patriots? Hell no. The Browns. They found a way to win. Who was the better team today? The Ravens or the Browns? Let's see the Ravens scored 13 points against the Browns. The Browns scored 27 points against the Ravens. Hmmm ..... the Ravens? Hell no. They lost. They found a way to lose. The Browns - they found a way to win. Call me the most optimistic fan if you want or a ____ fill in the blank. Because the Browns beat the Ravens - in your own reality the better team either loses or wins the game. The better team is the team that at the end of the day has a win. That's the better team. Not the team that is sitting there sulking over a loss. The Ravens were soo superior to the Browns that they lost 27-13. The Bengals were soo superior to the Browns that they lost 45-51. You are talking BS. The better team is the one that finds a way to win EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. Do I think Anderson will play well the rest of the season? Yea he will. He played against the Ravens - one of if not the best defenses in the NFL and did very well. Name a defense that is far better than the Ravens. Do it. Right now - name them. Your "best" defense in the NFL. The city you were born in has NOTHING to do with the team you are a fan of. I was born in Pueblo, CO. If Pueblo determined the team I would be a fan of it would be Denver. Ooh, nope, it's not Denver. Escobar is from a different country and lives in Arizona. If the state he lived in determined what he was a fan of - he'd be a Soccer fan or a Cardinals fan. Nope, he's a Browns fan as well. Top here lives in Arizona as well. Gotta be a Cardinals fan huh? Nope - Bronco fan. Medford is from Massachusetts. He's gotta be a Patriot fan eh? Nope, he's another Bronco fan. The list goes on and on....

Medford Bronco
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Here are a few upsets of the week. btw I am 33-14 against the spread, so, so far I have done okay;)

Minny +2 over GB. Historically Favre has been less than stellar at Minny. Also Minny has a good defense and Kelly Holcomb starting this week. Better than Jackson.

Arizona +6 over Pitt to at least cover. Historically Zona is pretty good at home and usually when travelling out west, it is hard to blow out the Cards.

now I KNOW I am going to get slammed on this one

Buffalo +3.5 over the Jets. Two bad teams. Buffalo has to win sometime. Their defense can play better at HOME. Jets are not that great IMO

Let the insults fly now :laugh: (tongue in cheek of course lol)

but 2 out of 3 aint bad.

I shouda also put the Chargers there as well as I picked KC plus 11. I thought Sd would win but not cover.

So the AFC West is a mess.

Dont talk about them broncos :ahhhhh:

yes MNPats fan, I will wear my Grogan Sig proudly :salute:

Medford Bronco
09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
I actually have picked Cleveland as well Plus 4.5:beer:

hope they win outright:salute:

Not bad Charlie and Escobar

ever since Anderson has stared they look much better
congrats to you both :salute:

Poet
09-30-2007, 07:29 PM
The better team finds a way to win no matter what. No matter the circumstances, the best team on the field that given day or that given hour finds a way to win. The wins count. Not what is on paper. The wins. If the Browns beat the Patriots who is the better team that day? The Patriots? Hell no. The Browns. They found a way to win. Who was the better team today? The Ravens or the Browns? Let's see the Ravens scored 13 points against the Browns. The Browns scored 27 points against the Ravens. Hmmm ..... the Ravens? Hell no. They lost. They found a way to lose. The Browns - they found a way to win. Call me the most optimistic fan if you want or a ____ fill in the blank. Because the Browns beat the Ravens - in your own reality the better team either loses or wins the game. The better team is the team that at the end of the day has a win. That's the better team. Not the team that is sitting there sulking over a loss. The Ravens were soo superior to the Browns that they lost 27-13. The Bengals were soo superior to the Browns that they lost 45-51. You are talking BS. The better team is the one that finds a way to win EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. Do I think Anderson will play well the rest of the season? Yea he will. He played against the Ravens - one of if not the best defenses in the NFL and did very well. Name a defense that is far better than the Ravens. Do it. Right now - name them. Your "best" defense in the NFL. The city you were born in has NOTHING to do with the team you are a fan of. I was born in Pueblo, CO. If Pueblo determined the team I would be a fan of it would be Denver. Ooh, nope, it's not Denver. Escobar is from a different country and lives in Arizona. If the state he lived in determined what he was a fan of - he'd be a Soccer fan or a Cardinals fan. Nope, he's a Browns fan as well. Top here lives in Arizona as well. Gotta be a Cardinals fan huh? Nope - Bronco fan. Medford is from Massachusetts. He's gotta be a Patriot fan eh? Nope, he's another Bronco fan. The list goes on and on....

The difference is that a lot of times you are a fan of the closest team you live by. Sure you may be born in a place that is far away from your team, but if your dad or mom or whatever is a fan of that team then that could do it. But I was born in Cincinnati, so I was a Bengals fan. The better team is not the team that finds a way to win, the better team is the team that does better for the ENTIRE SEASON. If the Colts lost to the Oakland Raiders the Oakland Raiders are not a better team, they won a single game out of 16 games and 17 weeks. You got an upset twice this year, congratulations. Why don't you ask people who they think is the better team, and when the Browns finish below the Bengals and the Ravens, brag about your one victory against both teams.

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
The difference is that a lot of times you are a fan of the closest team you live by. Sure you may be born in a place that is far away from your team, but if your dad or mom or whatever is a fan of that team then that could do it. But I was born in Cincinnati, so I was a Bengals fan. The better team is not the team that finds a way to win, the better team is the team that does better for the ENTIRE SEASON. If the Colts lost to the Oakland Raiders the Oakland Raiders are not a better team, they won a single game out of 16 games and 17 weeks. You got an upset twice this year, congratulations. Why don't you ask people who they think is the better team, and when the Browns finish below the Bengals and the Ravens, brag about your one victory against both teams.

The better team is the team that finds a way to win on any given sunday. What is the season made up of? A bunch of games it is one game at a time. Any team who only watches the season instead of every game in and of itself is not going to win. It is one game at a time. The Browns are a FAR better team than you are giving them credit for. The Browns beat the Ravens handily and they beat the Bengals. They also beat the Raiders if not for a loophole that needs closing. The Browns should be 3-1 right now. But oh yea, that's just "luck". Right? It's just "luck" that the Bengals are going to be 1-3. It's just luck that the Bengals are in last place in the division. You are full of BS. The Browns are winning these games and it's all "luck" despite the fact that they have played numerous close games the past several years. It's all just "luck". Give me a break, you have no football knowledge whatsoever. Why don't you go back under the rock you came out of. Every Browns game that the Browns win is because of "luck"? ROFLMAO, are you serious?

Poet
09-30-2007, 08:57 PM
The better team is the team that finds a way to win on any given sunday. What is the season made up of? A bunch of games it is one game at a time. Any team who only watches the season instead of every game in and of itself is not going to win. It is one game at a time. The Browns are a FAR better team than you are giving them credit for. The Browns beat the Ravens handily and they beat the Bengals. They also beat the Raiders if not for a loophole that needs closing. The Browns should be 3-1 right now. But oh yea, that's just "luck". Right? It's just "luck" that the Bengals are going to be 1-3. It's just luck that the Bengals are in last place in the division. You are full of BS. The Browns are winning these games and it's all "luck" despite the fact that they have played numerous close games the past several years. It's all just "luck". Give me a break, you have no football knowledge whatsoever. Why don't you go back under the rock you came out of. Every Browns game that the Browns win is because of "luck"? ROFLMAO, are you serious?

You crack me up, they "beat" the Raiders, but they didn't get the W? So the Raiders found a way to win, by your definition they are the better team right? I mean they did "what it takes to win", saying that the Browns should have won is the exact same thing as me saying that the Ravens are a better team then the Browns. The Browns are a better team then the Raiders, and the Raiders beat them. You understand my point, you just basically admitted that my point is correct, you just can only use and see that point when it suits you. :shocked::confused:

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
You crack me up, they "beat" the Raiders, but they didn't get the W? So the Raiders found a way to win, by your definition they are the better team right? I mean they did "what it takes to win", saying that the Browns should have won is the exact same thing as me saying that the Ravens are a better team then the Browns. The Browns are a better team then the Raiders, and the Raiders beat them. You understand my point, you just basically admitted that my point is correct, you just can only use and see that point when it suits you. :shocked::confused:

No it doesn't. The Browns didn't beat the Bengals or Ravens by cheating. The Browns won both games. The Raiders won that one game by cheating. Using a loophole in which the head coach asks the referee to call a time out for him at the last possible second before the snap. Well, the referee doesn't make the snap. The center does and it is a guessing game between the referee and the snapper at what point to call the time out. It's ok to ice the kicker. The coach can call the TO. But to leave it to a ref who has to play a guessing game when to call the timeout - that's stupid. That is a major loophole that needs changing. The Browns won those two games not by exploiting a loophole like the Raiders did. They won it in the trenches they won it in every way you can win the games. The Raiders - they cheated and cheating is not an ethical way to win a game.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Not bad Charlie and Escobar

ever since Anderson has stared they look much better
congrats to you both :salute:

thanks, better luck to your team next week..:beer:

Devilspawn
09-30-2007, 10:27 PM
No it doesn't. The Browns didn't beat the Bengals or Ravens by cheating. The Browns won both games. The Raiders won that one game by cheating. Using a loophole in which the head coach asks the referee to call a time out for him at the last possible second before the snap. Well, the referee doesn't make the snap. The center does and it is a guessing game between the referee and the snapper at what point to call the time out. It's ok to ice the kicker. The coach can call the TO. But to leave it to a ref who has to play a guessing game when to call the timeout - that's stupid. That is a major loophole that needs changing. The Browns won those two games not by exploiting a loophole like the Raiders did. They won it in the trenches they won it in every way you can win the games. The Raiders - they cheated and cheating is not an ethical way to win a game.
Time out was called, THEN then kicker kicked it.

The next play, it was blocked.

If it was cheating, there would've been an outcry outside of Cleveland, just as there was none the week prior outside of Oakland, and the commissioner would've apologized to the Browns and the Raiders before hand. And I'm not being sarcastic, usually if a blunder so big as to cost a team a game is made by an official, he and/or the commissioner apologize to the organization.

The coaches used the rules to their advantage. I don't like the tactic myself but it's still legal and you're right, it should be changed to a different time frame. It's a sneaky underhanded tactic... but a legal one.

Anyway, congrats on the win over Baltimore. That was an ass whoopin.

GEM
09-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Yes, but not my fantasy football team.

Last week I started Hines Ward and Javon Walker and neither one of them provided me with a single point.:banghead: This week I picked up Brandon Marshall based on GEM's recommendation and will start him instead of Javon. I am also going to start Wes Welker instead of Hines Ward.

Ugh...I'm sorry, you pick him up the week he doesn't have a great game. :(

Requiem / The Dagda
09-30-2007, 11:42 PM
You know what probably upset one particular douche, but made me happy? Ian Gold getting benched for Jamie Winborn. HAHA, what a sucka.

Poet
09-30-2007, 11:47 PM

That is well within the rules. The same thing was done to the Raiders, and I have not seen any of them cry about it. You said it was a loophole, a loophole is by definition part of the rules. Must really suck when your own argument owns you and you try to argue against it huh? "The better team is the team that won, wait no the Raiders won but the Browns really won......Saying the Browns won the game in every possible way they could is effectively saying that they where the better team. That day they where the better team, and they lost. Your argument is crap. Now shut up, you prove yourself to be less intelligent with each and every post you make.

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 11:58 PM
That is well within the rules. The same thing was done to the Raiders, and I have not seen any of them cry about it. You said it was a loophole, a loophole is by definition part of the rules. Must really suck when your own argument owns you and you try to argue against it huh? "The better team is the team that won, wait no the Raiders won but the Browns really won......Saying the Browns won the game in every possible way they could is effectively saying that they where the better team. That day they where the better team, and they lost. Your argument is crap. Now shut up, you prove yourself to be less intelligent with each and every post you make.

No, you do. You fail to understand a simple word called ETHICS.

What the Broncos and Raiders did was unethical. Just like what the Patriots did was unethical. The best team finds an ethical way to win the game. If you are too idiotic to understand what ethics are then you are lost, Ratbird.

Poet
10-01-2007, 12:15 AM
No, you do. You fail to understand a simple word called ETHICS.

What the Broncos and Raiders did was unethical. Just like what the Patriots did was unethical. The best team finds an ethical way to win the game. If you are too idiotic to understand what ethics are then you are lost, Ratbird.

No, you said that the better team finds a way to win, the Raiders win. Then you basically say that the Browns outplayed and where better then the Raiders. That is a contradiction. The Patriots broke the rules, the Raiders did not. You really should find some better WHINE to drink brother, sour grapes are not a good thing at all. I am a Bengals fan, you are just too stupid to understand that.

Cleveland Rocks
10-01-2007, 12:18 AM
No, you said that the better team finds a way to win, the Raiders win. Then you basically say that the Browns outplayed and where better then the Raiders. That is a contradiction. The Patriots broke the rules, the Raiders did not. You really should find some better WHINE to drink brother, sour grapes are not a good thing at all. I am a Bengals fan, you are just too stupid to understand that.

No, not stupid. I just call them like I see them.

Poet
10-01-2007, 02:11 AM
No, not stupid. I just call them like I see them.

I suggest you take off those Brown and Orange glasses of yours, and look again. You argue that the best team always wins, then you basically say that the Browns where better then the Raiders and they lost anyway. You claim that they lost through a loophole and that the Raiders cheated. That is impossible, that literally cannot happen. They can't "win" through a loophole and "cheat". A loophole is something that while may be deemed unfair, is allowed through the rules. Therefore, if the Raiders won through the loophole they did not cheat. Now as far as that being a loophole, it is not even close. Loopholes are things that lawyers or in this case coaches find scouring through the rulebooks and spring unexpectedly upon the opposition at a time that it is most advantageous. When this rule first came into place there was talk by the media about things like this occurring, if Crennel was not ready for this tactic then he was being stupid. All this is is a better version of icing the kicker, there is nothing unfair or unbalanced in this rule. All of this goes back to the "better" team winning, and you are making my point for me. The Browns played a better game then the Raiders, and they are a better team then the Raiders. The Raiders won that game, they got the win, they got the Victory, and the Browns lost. Deal with it, the Bengals got jobbed by the officials in Tampa Bay last year, the Steelers got jobbed by the officials in the playoffs against the Colts, the Raiders got jobbed by the Patriots, the friggin Seahawks got jobbed in the SB as far as Hasslebeck illegally hitting the Steeler or whatever that call was. Teams get jobbed, and jobbed badly. Those where all bad calls, and while most of the officials behind those calls should be fired, crying about it does no good. The funny thing is that the Browns didn't even get jobbed, nothing that was against the rules took place. And as far as ethics go, the holier then thou card is always weak, and especially weak in this case. What you are really saying is "How dare that coach in Oakland use a perfectly legal and expected tactic, what a scumbag, he has no scruples and is unethical". This is going past me talking smack, or dissing you because your are a Browns fan and I am a Bengals fan, please take me seriously when I say that you are making yourself look childish, and that your comments in this thread have lacked intelligence. Look, I can admit that I was wrong about the outcome of the Browns game, just do yourself a favor and stop going on about the ethics of those timeouts, and stop saying that the better team always wins, unless your team is the one that lost....:confused:;)

MNPatsFan
10-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Ugh...I'm sorry, you pick him up the week he doesn't have a great game. :(
That's okay GEM, I'm still winning my game this week handily due to Tony Romo and the Colts D and still have Laurence Maroney and Wes Welker playing tonight, while my opponent ONLY has the Patriots kicker.:whoo: Thus, you're still on the list of posters that I like and respect!:kiss:

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
That's okay GEM, I'm still winning my game this week handily due to Tony Romo and the Colts D and still have Laurence Maroney and Wes Welker playing tonight, while my opponent ONLY has the Patriots kicker.:whoo: Thus, you're still on the list of posters that I like and respect!

1) That is an amazing sig.:eek::D

2) Wes Welker and Maroney aren't going to help you much tonight.;)

Escobar
10-01-2007, 12:42 PM
1) That is an amazing sig.:eek::D

2) Wes Welker and Maroney aren't going to help you much tonight.;)

cuz your defense is so amazing huh? *laughs*..

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 12:42 PM
cuz your defense is so amazing huh? *laughs*..

It will be tonight.:D

Escobar
10-01-2007, 12:46 PM

well, im going to be at school so im not going to be able to watch any monday night games, specially not todays massacre the pats are gonna put on. :D

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 12:47 PM
well, im going to be at school so im not going to be able to watch any monday night games, specially not todays massacre the pats are gonna put on. :D

No massacre, except by the Bengals.:D

Now I go to class... see you later man.:salute:

Escobar
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM
No massacre, except by the Bengals.:D

Now I go to class... see you later man.:salute:

peace, go hard on dem books. :salute:

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM

it would be a change as our Bronco defense is not good either :tsk:

I see 34 to 21 Pats unfortunatley but I think Cincy has the offense to scare ANY team though.

ps- I have Carson Palmer So as many points as possible please :D

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
it would be a change as our Bronco defense is not good either :tsk:

I see 34 to 21 Pats unfortunatley but I think Cincy has the offense to scare ANY team though.

ps- I have Carson Palmer So as many points as possible please :D

It will be a huge and great change and will effectively turn around our season.:first:

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
It will be a huge and great change and will effectively turn around our season.:first:

It would be enjoyable IF they won as well.

but I aint holding my breath. Sorry bengals :sad:

Good luck though :salute:

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 06:13 PM
It would be enjoyable IF they won as well.

but I aint holding my breath. Sorry bengals :sad:

Good luck though :salute:

Thanks for the confidence Med.:pout:

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I am coming here now to eat my crow because this game is over and our season is effectively over with it. Good luck to everyone else through this season.:salute:

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I am coming here now to eat my crow because this game is over and our season is effectively over with it. Good luck to everyone else through this season.:salute:

sorry Bengals, I was not trying to be mean

The Broncos would have gotten smoked by that well oiled machine tonight

I have watched football for more that 25 years. This Pats team is awesome.

I dont like them but do respect the way they play.

They should win at least 14 games this year and Brady WILL win MVP if he does not get hurt.

Also they will smoke the Colts when they play them as they are better than Indy

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 10:42 PM
sorry Bengals, I was not trying to be mean

The Broncos would have gotten smoked by that well oiled machine tonight

I have watched football for more that 25 years. This Pats team is awesome.

I dont like them but do respect the way they play.

They should win at least 14 games this year and Brady WILL win MVP if he does not get hurt.

Also they will smoke the Colts when they play them as they are better than Indy

I know you weren't Med... I was one of a very small group of people who actually expected us to win. Of course, when you have a bad defense to begin with and then end up playing with only 2 LB's and your QB has the worst game you have ever seen in his career... you aren't going to beat anybody. The Dolphins could have beaten us tonight.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I know you weren't Med... I was one of a very small group of people who actually expected us to win. Of course, when you have a bad defense to begin with and then end up playing with only 2 LB's and your QB has the worst game you have ever seen in his career... you aren't going to beat anybody. The Dolphins could have beaten us tonight.

I can relate we have a Bad defense as well.

Still do not give up yet. A wild Card is not out of the question.. You must win next game though.

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I can relate we have a Bad defense as well.

Still do not give up yet. A wild Card is not out of the question.. You must win next game though.

We can't even get out of our bye week with a win... I have lost faith in this team completely for the first time in my life, and fully expect a 1-15 season now.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
We can't even get out of our bye week with a win... I have lost faith in this team completely for the first time in my life, and fully expect a 1-15 season now.

dude you are not that bad. I would say that the talent on that team will gel
and at worst you will go 7-9.

dont worry we are in the same boat as well. so we can be miseable together :laugh: jk some humor

I feel LT is going to rush for 200 on us this week then the buy then Pitt is going to do the same and we possibly will be 2-4 and close to done as well.

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 10:55 PM
dude you are not that bad. I would say that the talent on that team will gel
and at worst you will go 7-9.

dont worry we are in the same boat as well. so we can be miseable together :laugh: jk some humor

I feel LT is going to rush for 200 on us this week then the buy then Pitt is going to do the same and we possibly will be 2-4 and close to done as well.

See I have never had this complete lack of faith. Usually I still have some faith that we will win, but I don't have any faith right now. The only bright side to expecting a 1-15 season is that I won't be disappointed by our record at the end of the season.

Nah... you guys will be fine because the rest of your division is horrendous this year too.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:58 PM
See I have never had this complete lack of faith. Usually I still have some faith that we will win, but I don't have any faith right now. The only bright side to expecting a 1-15 season is that I won't be disappointed by our record at the end of the season.

Nah... you guys will be fine because the rest of your division is horrendous this year too.

yeah but I think SD will eventually turn it around. I think they are overrated but not horrendous. Too much talent there or is Norv that pathetic of a coach. :confused:

KC is not bad and Oak is much improved. So its anyones game.

If our run defense does not wake up, maybe we are 7-9 as well :sad:

MNPatsFan
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I am coming here now to eat my crow because this game is over and our season is effectively over with it. Good luck to everyone else through this season.:salute:Classy post bengaaaaals1688!:salute: I have to say that I was impressed with how well your D played/persevered given all the injuries it sustained before and during the game.:2thumbs:

The Bengals still have a chance to turn their season around and make the playoff, but it will be really tough. Good luck the rest of the season!:beer:

MNPatsFan
10-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Also they will smoke the Colts when they play them as they are better than IndyI sure hope that you are right Medford!!:elefant:

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 11:04 PM
I sure hope that you are right Medford!!:elefant:

I am distracted by your sig :laugh:

I think that is payback game and we all know how NE does in payback games usually

MNPatsFan
10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
yeah but I think SD will eventually turn it around. I think they are overrated but not horrendous. Too much talent there or is Norv that pathetic of a coach. :confused:I'm not too sure because I honestly believe that Norv is that pathetic of a coach and the Chargers season is quickly spiraling out of control. There are too many egomaniac, whiners, babies, and hot heads on the Chargers so that the bickering and in-fighting amongst them will only get worse and will shortly destroy their season.

Cleveland Rocks
10-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Whatever you say, King. Keep telling yourself that. The Browns have dominated their opponents and are tied for 2nd in the division right now. The Bengals - anything but and are alone in the basement of the division at this moment. The Browns have won won the games they needed to win. Can't say the same for the Bengals. The Browns are 2-2 not because of luck. They were the better team those days and won - the Bengals in their games, they were far from the better team those days. Especially since their defense couldn't stop an old woman in a wheelchair.

Medford Bronco
10-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Whatever you say, King. Keep telling yourself that. The Browns have dominated their opponents and are tied for 2nd in the division right now. The Bengals - anything but and are alone in the basement of the division at this moment. The Browns have won won the games they needed to win. Can't say the same for the Bengals. The Browns are 2-2 not because of luck. They were the better team those days and won - the Bengals in their games, they were far from the better team those days. Especially since their defense couldn't stop an old woman in a wheelchair.

actually the Browns could be 3-1 as they played quite well vs Oak :salute:

Devilspawn
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Med, in your sig, why does Steve Grogan look like Peyton Manning from certain angles? I thought that was a Photoshop joke.

Medford Bronco
10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Med, in your sig, why does Steve Grogan look like Peyton Manning from certain angles? I thought that was a Photoshop joke.

haha Med is not smart enough to do photoshop. Maybe you can do a side by side if you like as you are the computer whiz (I am being serious not a wisegugy as your sigs rock always) :beer:

sanluis
10-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm not too sure because I honestly believe that Norv is that pathetic of a coach and the Chargers season is quickly spiraling out of control. There are too many egomaniac, whiners, babies, and hot heads on the Chargers so that the bickering and in-fighting amongst them will only get worse and will shortly destroy their season.

MN you get my vote for best sig pic!!! :eek::eek: Unfortunately after I see the sig I forget about everything else. :D

Spawn you are a close second!

Devilspawn
10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
MN you get my vote for best sig pic!!! :eek::eek: Unfortunately after I see the sig I forget about everything else. :D

Spawn you are a close second!
Then it looks like I'm going to have to turn it up a notch... :shocked:

Medford Bronco
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Then it looks like I'm going to have to turn it up a notch... :

I request Kelly Brook :listen::laugh:

or Maria from my Avy ;)