PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday DenBal

OB
09-28-2007, 02:54 PM
To one of our GREAT overseas posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love having you here and glad you found your way to the good 'ol blue board ;)

I hope you have a wonderful day

http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Boissons/barman-biere-456.gif

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2007, 03:57 PM
:birthday: Have a GREAT day :elefant:

Jody
09-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Happy Birthday Twin!

Just remember though, I AM older and wiser by 2 minutes. :D

Too bad we can't celebrate together - get some of the board gang here to join us, eh? That would be a hoot! :beer:

Uncle Buck
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Happy Birthday, DenBal! Pour yourself a glass of your favourite drink for me, and send the bill to your twin sister! :D

P.S. Prolly won't get to the UK for a couple of years, but I'm still looking forward to the trip!

uncle buck

TXBRONC
09-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Happy birthday Den. Enjoy mate! :salute:

Snapping Turtle
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :elefant:

Jaws
09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Happy Birthday Den. :beer:

You'll never walk alone (or in a straight line either with all this whiskyteering!) ;)

KCL
09-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!:beer:

Sparkie
09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Penblwydd Hapus*, Den! :) :beer: :tea:

Some picture links instead of a birthday card ... enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34524989@N00/490138068/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9187766@N05/1454156347/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75216704@N00/430687293/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameswest/10261136/

[*="Happy Birthday" in Welsh]

Jody
09-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Happy Birthday, DenBal! Pour yourself a glass of your favourite drink for me, and send the bill to your twin sister!
P.S. Prolly won't get to the UK for a couple of years, but I'm still looking forward to the trip!

uncle buck

The whisky's on me and the taxi's on Twin!
And Sharkie can do the --> :dancing2: (If you can get her away from the whisky) Buck can play the --->:violin:
We can throw KCLady in because we always can enjoy a humorous 'fight song' by a Chief's fan!
:plane: ---I'm on my way due east Twin! :D

dogfish
09-28-2007, 06:56 PM
happy birthday mate!

:shots: :cheers:

here's a little present for ya. . . .

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1474/xin59090330093773822869qr9.jpg

Den21vsBal19
09-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Happy Birthday Twin!

Just remember though, I AM older and wiser by 2 minutes.
Too bad we can't celebrate together - get some of the board gang here to join us, eh? That would be a hoot!

I thought I was the younger elder twin :laugh:

It would be a hoot........................ah well one of these days..........

Problem is would wel be able to find anywhere with enough scotch? ;)

And Sharkie can do the --> (If you can get her away from the whisky) Buck can play the --->
We can throw KCLady in because we always can enjoy a humorous 'fight song' by a Chief's fan!
---I'm on my way due east Twin!

Why do I feel I'm getting the short end of that stick? :confused:

A drunken Welsh shark dancin' to a fiddle...................that would be a sight to behold :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
09-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, and rest assured, a couple of glasses have been sunken :D

And thanks for the photo's, Sparkie :beer:

(And yours, dogfish ;))

Bronco Bible
09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Happy b-day 21-19:birthday:

Tom33
09-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Happy Birthday!

Skinny
09-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Happy B-Day ole' chap! :cheers:

Uncle Buck
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
And Sharkie can do the --> :dancing2: (If you can get her away from the whisky) Buck can play the --->:violin:
:plane: ---I'm on my way due east Twin!

Very funny hunny, but why do I get stuck with the fiddle? I have picked at the guitar in my past, but the violin?? That’s a whole nuther ball game.

Oh, and one thing I’ve always wondered (but was afraid to ask) dating back to the “other forum…” What’s with this “whiskey” stuff? I mean, I can see a gin gimlet or grasshopper as a ladies drink, but two-fisted WHISKEY?? What’s up with that?

Lessee, there was you, Jaws, Den (and who is the other?) as the “Whiskyteers.” How did that all get started?

--Klewless in Kolorado (while hummin’ and a pickin’ “Whiskey River, Take My Mind…”)
:dance:

Jody
09-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Very funny hunny, but why do I get stuck with the fiddle? I have picked at the guitar in my past, but the violin?? That’s a whole nuther ball game.

Oh, and one thing I’ve always wondered (but was afraid to ask) dating back to the “other forum…” What’s with this “whiskey” stuff? I mean, I can see a gin gimlet or grasshopper as a ladies drink, but two-fisted WHISKEY?? What’s up with that?

Lessee, there was you, Jaws, Den (and who is the other?) as the “Whiskyteers.” How did that all get started?

--Klewless in Kolorado (while hummin’ and a pickin’ “Whiskey River, Take My Mind…”)
:dance:

It all started months back when whisky would suddenly come up missing in the former cafe and thus, supplies would run low. Kap continuously blamed Jaws. Afterall, it makes sense, she was always sweeping around the kegs of whisky. My Twin, being the ace-investigator when intoxicated, put his nose on the clues....and wallah.....it was discovered we were all stealing whisky. And it's whisky, not whiskey (moon shine). We all became very dear and good friends sitting at the cafe and hallucinating about drinking too much whisky. It caught on. We're a tough crowd. We made an exclusive group for ourselves, called The Three Whiskyteers! Catchy, eh? We only invited one other person into our group in those days, and that was RedBirdy. I was a little disappointed in Red though.....she didn't seem to take to the whisky like Jaws, Den or myself. Did you know that whisky is a great medicinal drink? Nothing like a whiskey, with a little slice of orange and a drop of honey when you have a chest cold, about an hour before bed. You want to have one an hour prior to bed, so if it goes down too quickly, you have time to have more whisky. We enjoy the burn in the chest - a little bit. Oh-and we can really dance well with a little whisky for a kick start. :dancing:

The violin is for the deep stories we tell one another that seem to get longer and longer, with each whisky we share. Can you imagine drinking with a British gentlemen, a Welsh lady, and an Irish lassie? We can do our fair share of entertaining! We could also use a drum player....to set us up for our punchlines. :D

No grasshoppers here master. :D

No gin for me, thank you. A wormless bottle of To-kill-ya (Tequila) may settle well though.

Uncle Buck
09-28-2007, 09:59 PM
It all started months back when whisky would suddenly come up missing in the former cafe and thus, supplies would run low. Kap continuously blamed Jaws. Afterall, it makes sense, she was always sweeping around the kegs of whisky. My Twin, being the ace-investigator when intoxicated, put his nose on the clues....and wallah.....it was discovered we were all stealing whisky. And it's whisky, not whiskey (moon shine). We all became very dear and good friends sitting at the cafe and hallucinating about drinking too much whisky. It caught on. We're a tough crowd. We made an exclusive group for ourselves, called The Three Whiskyteers! Catchy, eh? We only invited one other person into our group in those days, and that was RedBirdy. I was a little disappointed in Red though.....she didn't seem to take to the whisky like Jaws, Den or myself. Did you know that whisky is a great medicinal drink? Nothing like a whiskey, with a little slice of orange and a drop of honey when you have a chest cold, about an hour before bed. You want to have one an hour prior to bed, so if it goes down too quickly, you have time to have more whisky. We enjoy the burn in the chest - a little bit. Oh-and we can really dance well with a little whisky for a kick start. :dancing:

The violin is for the deep stories we tell one another that seem to get longer and longer, with each whisky we share. Can you imagine drinking with a British gentlemen, a Welsh lady, and an Irish lassie? We can do our fair share of entertaining! We could also use a drum player....to set us up for our punchlines. :D

No gin for me, thank you. A wormless bottle of To-kill-ya (Tequila) may settle well though.

As to your narrative... I'm stunned and amazed!

Any chance I could become a member? I could learn to play the drums...

BODDA-BEE-BODDA BOOM!
:shots:

topscribe
09-28-2007, 10:18 PM
:birthday:

:beer:

-----

OB
09-28-2007, 11:12 PM

Im a 1/4 irish, a 1/4 welch a 1/4 french and a 1/4 american indian - my fav drink is tequila :confused: go figure

Escobar
09-29-2007, 01:13 AM
happy b-day :beer:

frenchfan
10-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm very late, but anyway, I wish you a happy b-day Den...

I feel sorry for your defeat against Marseille... :D
Anyway... You know there is a lot of champagne (and whisky) waiting for you !!!! :beer:

Take care Bro.

Den21vsBal19
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm very late, but anyway, I wish you a happy b-day Den...

I feel sorry for your defeat against Marseille... :D
Anyway... You know there is a lot of champagne (and whisky) waiting for you !!!! :beer:

Take care Bro.
Merci, mon ami :cheers:

Retired_Member_001
10-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Congratulations my friend.

It wont be long before you get your pension. ;)

:beer:

Den21vsBal19
10-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Congratulations my friend.

It wont be long before you get your pension. ;)

Pension?!??!?!?!? :mad:

Damned whipper-snapper :fight:

Cheers, mate :beer:

Den21vsBal19
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Awww Happy Birthday Den...Sorry I missed it!! Hope it was great!!!
I'm not sure.....................I can't remember :shots:

Thank you, m'dear :D

sneakers
11-05-2007, 05:41 AM
I am always real late on these birthdays...sorry. You can consider this an early birthday 51 weeks from now.

Den21vsBal19
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
I am always real late on these birthdays...sorry. You can consider this an early birthday 51 weeks from now.
More like 46 weeks :coffee:

:laugh:

Guess I'll just have to have another booze-up for the late comers ;) :shots:

Jody
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
More like 46 weeks :coffee:

Guess I'll just have to have another booze-up for the late comers ;) :shots:

Well, then ' I ' have to do whatever my 'twin' is doing, so line em' up Den! :D