PDA

View Full Version : There could be a 5 way tie in the NL for WC

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 11:50 AM
This is very interesting. Best of luck to the Rockies :salute:

NEW YORK - Here’s a scenario that could mess up baseball’s postseason schedule: Imagine if Arizona, Colorado, the New York Mets, Philadelphia and San Diego finish with the same record.

That would create ties in the NL East, NL West and wild card race, necessitating four days of tiebreaker games to determine postseason berths.

The NL East is the easiest: The Mets would play Monday at Philadelphia.

In the West, the team with the best head-to-head record against the others (because Arizona plays Colorado this weekend, that’s yet to be determined), gets to choose whether it prefers one tiebreaker road game or two home games. Presumably, the team with the choice would take one road game. Monday’s winner would then host the club with the bye on Tuesday.

Starting Wednesday, the three teams that failed to win division titles would be involved in a two-day, two-game tiebreakers to determine the wild card winner.

Yesterday, a coin flip was held in case the Mets wind up in a tie for the wild card. The Mets would host Arizona and San Diego, but would play at Colorado.

Arizonawent 0-4 in wild-card coin flips and also would be on the road at Colorado, Philadelphia and San Diego.

Flips held Sept. 7 determined that the Mets would be at the Phillies if they tie for the NL East. In the NL West, Colorado and San Diego would be at Arizona, and Colorado would be at San Diego.

In the wild card race, Philadelphia would be at Colorado and San Diego, and the Padres would be at Colorado.

broncos9697
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM

NEW YORK - Here’s a scenario that could mess up baseball’s postseason schedule: Imagine if Arizona, Colorado, the New York Mets, Philadelphia and San Diego finish with the same record.

That would create ties in the NL East, NL West and wild card race, necessitating four days of tiebreaker games to determine postseason berths.

In the West, the team with the best head-to-head record against the others (because Arizona plays Colorado this weekend, that’s yet to be determined), gets to choose whether it prefers one tiebreaker road game or two home games. Presumably, the team with the choice would take one road game. Monday’s winner would then host the club with the bye on Tuesday.

Starting Wednesday, the three teams that failed to win division titles would be involved in a two-day, two-game tiebreakers to determine the wild card winner.

Yesterday, a coin flip was held in case the Mets wind up in a tie for the wild card. The Mets would host Arizona and San Diego, but would play at Colorado.

Arizonawent 0-4 in wild-card coin flips and also would be on the road at Colorado, Philadelphia and San Diego.

Flips held Sept. 7 determined that the Mets would be at the Phillies if they tie for the NL East. In the NL West, Colorado and San Diego would be at Arizona, and Colorado would be at San Diego.

In the wild card race, Philadelphia would be at Colorado and San Diego, and the Padres would be at Colorado.

man he rockies are on fire right now they have got to be the best team right now playing.....mets they are blowing it like always

Snapping Turtle
09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I

AM

SO

SCARED.

:ahhhhh:

In-com-plete
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM

:confused:

What?

Tned
09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Lets Go, Mets Go!!!!!

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Lets Go, Mets Go!!!!!

Good luck to you Tned but the Mets look awful. Hopefully they can win the East for you as being an adminstrator to this great board you deserve it. :salute:

the only team I really dont like has colors that look like Oct 31 :laugh:

BroncoWave
09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure who wrote this article but there is no way there can be a 5-way tie. The Rockies are 2 behind the D-Backs and they have a 3 game series. There is no way that the Rockies and D-Backs can finish with the same record. Whoever wrote this didn't do their research.

SmithOverTO
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure who wrote this article but there is no way there can be a 5-way tie. The Rockies are 2 behind the D-Backs and they have a 3 game series. There is no way that the Rockies and D-Backs can finish with the same record. Whoever wrote this didn't do their research.

Right, but the article was written before the Thursday night game between the Rox and Dodgers.

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Right, but the article was written before the Thursday night game between the Rox and Dodgers.

even still there could be a mess of a race with multiple playoff games :D

BroncoWave
09-28-2007, 04:21 PM

Oh ok, I see!

Snapping Turtle
09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Lets Go, Mets Go!!!!!

You are rooting for the WRONG team. :tsk:

LETS GO ROCKIES!!!!!!:elefant:

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 04:25 PM
You are rooting for the WRONG team. :tsk:

LETS GO ROCKIES!!!!!!:elefant:

how about a Rox vs Mets playoff game at Coors :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2007, 04:37 PM
No STINKIN WC for the Rockies - NL West Division CHAMPIONS - COLORADO ROCKIES :elefant::elefant::elefant:

Snapping Turtle
09-28-2007, 04:37 PM
how about a Rox vs Mets playoff game at Coors :beer:

Sounds fun to me. We swept the Mets at Coors this season. :cool:

SmithOverTO
09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Sounds fun to me. We swept the Mets at Coors this season. :cool:

I'd like the Cubs to be honest.

But first things first :D

Tned
09-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Good luck to you Tned but the Mets look awful. Hopefully they can win the East for you as being an adminstrator to this great board you deserve it. :salute:

the only team I really dont like has colors that look like Oct 31 :laugh:

I know the Mets have had some injuries in the second half, but this meltdown has been insane.

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 06:57 PM
I know the Mets have had some injuries in the second half, but this meltdown has been insane.

It was very Red Sox like as I have experienced many in my day :couch: :ahhhhh:

SmithOverTO
09-28-2007, 07:08 PM
It was very Red Sox like as I have experienced many in my day :couch: :ahhhhh:

Oliver Perez hits two guys with the bases loaded...:eek::shocked:

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Oliver Perez hits two guys with the bases loaded...:eek::shocked:

2 of the biggest chokes of all time

the 1978 Red Sox blow a 14 game lead and Bucky bleeping Dent hits a dinger to help the Yanks

1986 Calvin Scharaldi (sp) Bob Stanley and Rich Gedman messed up Game 6 vs the Mets way more than Billy Buckner

2003 Brett bleeping Boone with manager of the Year (tongue in cheek) Grady Little and the Pedro Fiasco

Need I say more.

Yes 2004 was great for me, also 1988 was special as a Dodger fan

broncosfanscott
09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
even still there could be a mess of a race with multiple playoff games :D

This will be one crazy weekend for the NL and I wouldn't be surprised if there are one game playoffs on Monday.

B~ly~n~ch~amp
09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
AZ is in no matter what shakes out the final 2 days!!!!

GO SNAKES!!!!

:elefant::first::salute:

Medford Bronco
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
AZ is in no matter what shakes out the final 2 days!!!!

GO SNAKES!!!!

::::salute:

Congrats to the D Backs :salute:

sorry Tned the Mets look God awful.

It is very reminicent of 1978 for me and also
1995 for the Angels who blew a big lead as well.

They better win tomorrow to at least give them a chance,

also kudos to Philly they are a quiet good team.

Also the Rox did have a better year than expected, at least by me the fan of the pathetic Dodgers :couch::ahhhhh:

Medford Bronco
09-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Lets hope Colorado wins, the Mets and Padres lose and it could be a free for all :beer:

Tned
09-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Lets hope Colorado wins, the Mets and Padres lose and it could be a free for all :beer:

hEY!!!!! I don't like that plan!!

BroncoBJ
09-30-2007, 09:07 AM
hEY!!!!! I don't like that plan!!

I like that plan.
The teams I'm rooting for today is:

Phillies
Marlins
Rockies
Brewers.

I want the Phils to win the East outright and then Padres vs Rockies for the wildcard with the Rockies winning it

Rockies/Yankees World Series :elefant:

BroncoWave
09-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I like that plan.

Phillies
Marlins
Rockies
Brewers.

I want the Phils to win the East outright and then Padres vs Rockies for the wildcard with the Rockies winning it

Rockies/Red Sox World Series :elefant:

fixed that for ya! :D

BroncoBJ
09-30-2007, 09:30 AM
fixed that for ya! :D

If you want to be wrong :lol

Rockies/Angels makes more sense then that. :elefant:

Kapaibro
09-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Everyone cheer for the Brewers!

The Rox need the Padres to lose again!

Tned
09-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I like that plan.

Mets
Marlins
Rockies
Brewers.

I want the Mets to win the East outright and then Padres vs Rockies for the wildcard with the Rockies winning it

Mets/Yankees World Series :elefant:

I fixed it the right way. :laugh:

BroncoBJ
09-30-2007, 09:35 AM
What is up with people fixing my posts???
Leave my damn posts alone. :lol:

If I thought I made an error I would fix it myself. :elefant: lol

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 08:54 AM
I fixed it the right way. :laugh:

As a lifetime Sox fan, I feel your Pain tned.

I am sorry. :ahhhhh: