PDA

View Full Version : The Chargers keep HANDING the division to us...

SR
10-26-2008, 02:49 PM
...and it's about time we capitalize on it. Drew Brees is tearing their secondary to shreds, they are getting out played in damn near every aspect of the game, and Denver can't seem to make it work. Miami is winning right now, and if they do win they will carry that momentum in to the game next weekend against our Denver team that is badly battered. It's right friggen there, and our team has their heads in their cornholes. We better show up next Sunday. That's all I'm sayin'.

Nomad
10-26-2008, 02:52 PM
game isn't over yet with SD/NO! Miami is better than expected and Denver is not as good as first thought so BRONCOS better show up to play.

NameUsedBefore
10-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Shushalalalalahhhh... Don't jinx it, dammit.

Skinny
10-26-2008, 02:55 PM
We're a very good team coming off the bye week. That's all i got.

Northman
10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Chargers arent done yet.

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Chargers arent done yet.

I agree...

Northman
10-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Just intercepted Brees.

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Just intercepted Brees.

...kinda like NO handing the game to the Chargers?

Nomad
NO is just asking to lose this game!:tsk:

SR
If the Chargers win, I will accept that, but for the time being they are not winning and New Orleans is going to put them away. San Diego is driving and almost in the red zone, but that will give the ball back to New Orleans with somewhere around four minutes left in the game. Drew Brees knows how to eat up the clock in a drive. Either way, Denver needs to show up to play next weekend. I'm aggravated.

AgentOrange
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Whew...incomplete pass. No interception by SD.

Northman
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
No interception.

Northman
10-26-2008, 03:07 PM
But then the chargers had a celebration penalty that brought attention to the play. haha! awesome, they still self destruct.

SR
10-26-2008, 03:07 PM
All NO has to do is not turn the ball over and eat up the clock, maybe score again.

Kapaibro
10-26-2008, 03:08 PM
and the Ref's just keep slapping those Dolts down like the b'artches they are!

Northman
All NO has to do is not turn the ball over and eat up the clock, maybe score again.

If they can at least get a FG they should win. But if they have to punt i think SD will tie it up.

honz
Nice jinx, SR. :coffee:

Nomad

A FG would be good enough, TD better!

Northman
10-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Saints have to punt.

SR
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Nice jinx, SR. :coffee:

It's not over yet dummy.

Nomad
10-26-2008, 03:15 PM
If they can at least get a FG they should win. But if they have to punt i think SD will tie it up.

That missed PAT by the Saints is coming back to bite them because the Chargers are about to tie this game up!

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 03:17 PM
That missed PAT by the Saints is coming back to bite them because the Chargers are about to tie this game up!

Yup...

Kapaibro
10-26-2008, 03:19 PM

Someone forgot to tell Phyllis :coffee:

Nomad
10-26-2008, 03:20 PM

I don't mind being wrong but it's only 3rd down. he's having a great 4th quarter

Nomad
10-26-2008, 03:21 PM

Good call!!!

Kapaibro
10-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Thank you Phyllis!

Nomad
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
AFC West sucks!:tsk: BRONCOS shouldn't have any problems making it to the playoffs 8-8 or 9-7!

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 03:25 PM
...and it's about time we capitalize on it. Drew Brees is tearing their secondary to shreds, they are getting out played in damn near every aspect of the game, and Denver can't seem to make it work. Miami is winning right now, and if they do win they will carry that momentum in to the game next weekend against our Denver team that is badly battered. It's right friggen there, and our team has their heads in their cornholes. We better show up next Sunday. That's all I'm sayin'.

You got lucky...:wave:

Kapaibro
10-26-2008, 03:26 PM
sneaky little move from the Saints

honz
10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
sneaky little move from the Saints

More like a stupid little move IMO.

Watchthemiddle
10-26-2008, 03:32 PM
More like a stupid little move IMO.

That safety was brilliant. Good coaching call!!

MHCBill
10-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Coach will still keep the Chokers in his top 10 and MB will suck his azz!

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I thought the call (safety) was a good one...

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Coach will still keep the Chokers in his top 10 and MB will suck his azz!

You should come around more often...I haven't agreed with him on that in four weeks.

honz
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
It was a good call in theory, but Brees needed to take more time off the clock instead of throwing it out of the endzone.

Not to mention, it cost me 2 fantasy points and gave my opponent 2 points since he has SD's defense. Sean Payton can kiss my fantasy ass!

Northman
10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
I thought it was a pointless call honestly. The whole idea for them to do that was to avoid kicking to Sproles. Well, they still had to kick off (further than normal) anyway and still had to take the risk of it being returned. If you punt it down the field out of bounds or through the endzone they would have had to go 80 yds in 8 sec. No way they were going to do that.

lex
10-26-2008, 03:49 PM
This only makes how pathetic we've turned out to be more agonizing. Having these opportunities only to look helpless makes it worse. If we're going to be this pathetic, in some ways, it would be better if SD would just win to spare us delusions of prosperity.

Bronco4ever
10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
It was a good call in theory, but Brees needed to take more time off the clock instead of throwing it out of the endzone.

Not to mention, it cost me 2 fantasy points and gave my opponent 2 points since he has SD's defense. Sean Payton can kiss my fantasy ass!

My FF opponent had Brees as his qb. It was a nice little 2 point swing in favor of me. Still, if Brees throws 6 TD's and beat the Chuggers, I'd be happy. These Chugger losses are almost as fun as Broncos wins!

broncophan
10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Just wondering if the nfl will allow a losing record division winner from the afc west to advance to the playoffs???:rolleyes:

slim
10-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I love Norv Turner. He is the best thing to happen to the AFC West since Al Davis went senile.

Medford Bronco
10-26-2008, 03:59 PM
We're a very good team coming off the bye week. That's all i got.

so are the Eagles 10-0 the last ten years after today

SR
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
G Money high fived my original post, so that's all that matters. Eff the rest of you guys. ;)

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 07:36 PM
G Money high fived my original post, so that's all that matters. Eff the rest of you guys. ;)

You got lucky. :wave:

SR
10-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I got lucky? I didn't get shit. All I did was call the Chargers' loss and talk about how they are handing the division to us on a silver platter and we can't do shit with it. Don't hate on me because you're jealous of my new TV. ;)

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I got lucky? I didn't get shit. All I did was call the Chargers' loss and talk about how they are handing the division to us on a silver platter and we can't do shit with it. Don't hate on me because you're jealous of my new TV. ;)

*snap*snap* I hate all I want bitch.

dogfish
10-26-2008, 08:14 PM
I love Norv Turner. He is the best thing to happen to the AFC West since Al Davis went senile.

carl peterson's on line three for ya. . . .

:laugh:

SR
10-26-2008, 08:29 PM
*snap*snap* I hate all I want bitch.

*snap*snap*snap* OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 08:44 PM
*snap*snap*snap* OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

*snap*snap* It's already been broughten!

Gamechanger
10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
┏┫ ┏┓ ┏┓ ┣┓   ┃┃
┗┫   ┃   ┣ ┏━━┻┃
 ┃ ┗━━━┛ ┃ ┣━━ ┃
 ┗━━━┳━━━┛ ┣━━ ┃great day for the Bronco's 
┏━━▇▇▇━━━━━┻━━━┛

TXBRONC
10-26-2008, 09:01 PM
┏┫ ┏┓ ┏┓ ┣┓   ┃┃
┗┫   ┃   ┣ ┏━━┻┃
 ┃ ┗━━━┛ ┃ ┣━━ ┃
┏━━▇▇▇━━━━━┻━━━┛

I think for the most part people around here treat fans of other teams with respect as long they don't come in and act like jerks.

SR
10-26-2008, 09:03 PM
┏┫ ┏┓ ┏┓ ┣┓   ┃┃
┗┫   ┃   ┣ ┏━━┻┃
 ┃ ┗━━━┛ ┃ ┣━━ ┃
┏━━▇▇▇━━━━━┻━━━┛

I don't even know what the **** that is, but yes, it was a great day for the Broncos.

claymore
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
It was an awesome game as well. I had both QB's in my salary fantasy league. :D

Gamechanger
10-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't even know what the **** that is, but yes, it was a great day for the Broncos.

thumbs up

EastCoastBronco
10-27-2008, 07:38 AM
After watching that game between SD and NO yesterday I've got a funny feeling that they are done "handing us the division". Even though they lost that game, they looked like a team that is on the rise. LT looks healthy again and that scares me.
Bottom line, if we don't start playing better ball in a hurry, by the time we play SD in December we may be just a speck in their rear view mirror.

SR
10-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Agreed. Hence my reason for starting this thead. We need to take advantage of the situation while we're able, and it starts next week against Miami. Cutler needs to knock off the arrogant bullshit and play the game. He isn't as good as he thinks he is, yet. I'm tired of the cocky stuff. Just shut up and play. If you're going to compare yourself to John Elway, at least act the part.

Dreadnought
10-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Gawd, if this Broncos team was any good we'd walk away with this thing. The rest of the division is pitiful.

I'm with Slim, BTW, and would like to nominate Norv Turner for the Time "Man of the Year" award.

NorthernLights
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
After watching that game between SD and NO yesterday I've got a funny feeling that they are done "handing us the division". Even though they lost that game, they looked like a team that is on the rise. LT looks healthy again and that scares me.
Bottom line, if we don't start playing better ball in a hurry, by the time we play SD in December we may be just a speck in their rear view mirror.

I honestly don't believe the Bolts scare any team right now. The defense is as bad as I've ever seen. I don't have any confidence that they can stop any QB, no matter how average. Cromartie comes out saying he is going to get 15 picks, but plays off his WR by 5 to 7 yards on every freaking play. There is no pressure on the QB, tackling is non-existent and the scheme is down right weak.

The only, and I truly mean only bright spot on the horizon is 4 of their next 5 games are at home. If the panic button hasn't been pushed, then it needs to be whacked right now. The really depressing part of this whole thing is the Bolts were suppose to have a good defense too. I am honestly shocked how the entire defensive side of the ball has curled up into the fetal position without Merriman around. I didn't think there would be much of a drop off. Guess I was wrong.

The Broncos control their own destiny, which is always the position you want to be in. I am going to try and enjoy the painfully short season, as it is already half way done. Good luck with Miami, they are better than I thought they would be coming off 1-15.

JKcatch724
10-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I honestly don't believe the Bolts scare any team right now. The defense is as bad as I've ever seen. I don't have any confidence that they can stop any QB, no matter how average. Cromartie comes out saying he is going to get 15 picks, but plays off his WR by 5 to 7 yards on every freaking play. There is no pressure on the QB, tackling is non-existent and the scheme is down right weak.

:confused:

Sounds familiar...

JKcatch724
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Wow... I wish Mike Singletary was our coach last week. The whole team would have been sent to the showers by the third quarter. And then told to walk home.

Would've been nice to have someone kick them in the ass.

NorthernLights
10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
:confused:

Sounds familiar...

Right now, I'm living in a glass house, thus there will be no stone thrown about.

MOtorboat
10-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Right now, I'm living in a glass house, thus there will be no stone thrown about.

I think he's simply pointing out that our two teams are eerily similar of each other, which is also subsequently ironic considering the 39-38 final score earlier this year...

dogfish
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
The really depression part of this whole thing is the Bolts were suppose to have a good defense too. I am honestly shocked how the entire defensive side of the ball has curled up into the fetal position without Merriman around. I didn't think there would be much of a drop off. Guess I was wrong.

i really think that jamal williams is showing his age this year, and that's another reason why the san diego defense has gone downhill so fast. . . .

G_Money
10-27-2008, 02:01 PM
The Chargers are just trying to have a worse record than us so they can steal the NT we'd need in order to make a switch to the 3-4 be effective.

If true, that'd probably be the smartest thing Norv's done all season.

~G

MOtorboat
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
The Chargers are just trying to have a worse record than us so they can steal the NT we'd need in order to make a switch to the 3-4 be effective.

~G

Good thing there probably won't be any good nose tackles at the top of the draft this year...:whistle:

Ziggy
10-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I think he's simply pointing out that our two teams are eerily similar of each other, which is also subsequently ironic considering the 39-38 final score earlier this year...

Only we have no talent on D outside of Williams, Bly, and the Baileys.

G_Money
10-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Bailey should be singular, Zig. And Bly is...an overestimation, IMO.

Champ can play the run, cover the best player on the other team, tackle, maintain coverage and gap control both.

Bly can make interceptions when the opposing QB is under duress. That's about it. With no duress, Bly becomes worthless. He still can't tackle, he gets turned around on routes, he's injury prone (so's Champ, but with Champ I'll take it)...

Bly is a decent-to-good corner if he only has to cover his guy for 2 seconds. If he has to cover him for longer, he's average at best. If he has to tackle a RB he's like a kicker.

And not one of those big former Rugby kickers, either.

~G

LRtagger
10-27-2008, 04:28 PM

~G

Its funny you say that...some guys on the Chargers forum think they are deliberately sucking on defense so they will have a losing record and it will be easier to move the team...they say Merriman caught wind of the conspiracy after game 1 which is why he chose to sit the season out.

Another theory is they are fixing games on the defensive side of the ball so Norv and his staff will get canned after the season. Another is Norv's deliberately losing to get rid of Cottrell.

And for those over there that dont think it is a FO or internal conspiracy think the league is throwing their games via officiating...perhaps also because they want the team moved.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bronco4ever
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Its funny you say that...some guys on the Chargers forum think they are deliberately sucking on defense so they will have a losing record and it will be easier to move the team...they say Merriman caught wind of the conspiracy after game 1 which is why he chose to sit the season out.

Another theory is they are fixing games on the defensive side of the ball so Norv and his staff will get canned after the season. Another is Norv's deliberately losing to get rid of Cottrell.

And for those over there that dont think it is a FO or internal conspiracy think the league is throwing their games via officiating...perhaps also because they want the team moved.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn. And it seems like we overreact. :eek:

LRtagger
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=60121

MOtorboat
10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=60121

The first post isn't all that out there. It's the fact that it takes until Post No. 7 for someone to disagree...:laugh:

P.S. ChargerChick is HOT.

Northman
10-27-2008, 07:36 PM

Maybe, but they may have also dropped the ball too much. 5 losses is a lot to have and i see at least 2 problematic games for them the rest of the year. Not to mention 1 more game with Oakland and Denver and 2 with KC who may be bad, but they have made themselves at the very least competitive even in their losses. The bad thing is Denver has at the very least 4 games left that are cause for concern not counting divisional games that are left.