10-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Watching Jets/Chifs - Rams/Patriots.

Of course Jets are driving already.

Bronco9798
10-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Jets Score 7-0. Too easy!

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Mentioned this elsewhere too, but Alan Roach is the PA Announcer at the Chargers-Saints game...thought that was interesting.

Bronco9798
10-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Rams 3-0 over Pats.

NameUsedBefore
10-26-2008, 12:20 PM
I had some icky picks in the Pick 'Em; the Pats game was one, the other was the SD/NO simply because I'm not sure of how the field would be (and which team would be better suited for it).

Don't **** this up Cassell/London!

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 12:39 PM
I had some icky picks in the Pick 'Em; the Pats game was one, the other was the SD/NO simply because I'm not sure of how the field would be (and which team would be better suited for it).

Don't **** this up Cassell/London!

I agree...another week of toss-up games IMO...

Weird looking field for the SD/NO game...

Bronco9798
10-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Chiefs score, 7-7.

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Box Score line from the Saints-Chargers game at this current moment:
Drew Brees 16-20, 140, 1 TD
Phillip Rivers 1-2, 16

:laugh:

*unjinx the jinx*

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Box Score line from the Saints-Chargers game at this current moment:
Drew Brees 16-20, 140, 1 TD
Phillip Rivers 1-2, 16

:laugh:

*unjinx the jinx*

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/freshloaf/files/2008/08/simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

BroncoTech
10-26-2008, 01:42 PM
I got the Raiders at Ravens game, the Ravens are kicking much a$$ with a 19 to 0 lead at halftime, and also points from a safety. Ravens also connected on a blown coverage to a guy wide open for 70 yards. I'm sure you'll see the highlights.

broncophan
10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Watching Tampa and Dallas here.........10-6 Dallas

It's funny watching Gruden get pissed and swear at the refs...lol

Nomad
10-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Bills are fun to watch! Mainly watching Saints/Chargers, but flipping through all the games!

BroncoTech
10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Raiders got down to the Ravens 10 on a big play to a receiver named Shilling. They tried a fade to Lelie but it was OOB. So faiders got 3 points from it. Javon Walker and Ashtray Lelie have not been factors but this Shilling at least made a decent catch over the middle, something the fore mentioned never did for us.

Nomad
10-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Even the Rams play the Patriots tough!:lol: BRONCOS:tsk:

BroncoTech
10-26-2008, 02:03 PM
The Ravens just ran some Wildcat formation and a 43 yard pass TO THE QUARTERBACK Joe Flacco. And the Ravens scored the next play but it was called back and they only got 3 points out of it.

frauschieze
10-26-2008, 02:04 PM
The Ravens just ran some Wildcat formation and a 43 yard pass TO THE QUARTERBACK Joe Flacco. And the Ravens scored the next play but it was called back and they only got 3 points out of it.

I'll be looking for highlights of that! :laugh:

soonerjh
10-26-2008, 02:12 PM
New Orleans is kicking SD! They have no answer for stopping Brees. Hes got like 300 yards and 3 td so far! SD continues its skid....hope they lose and we build on our lead in the AFC west!

Northman
10-26-2008, 02:13 PM
SD scored but it was called back on holding. Chargers Defense is bad just like ours.

REB
10-26-2008, 02:42 PM
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/Chiefs4.gif

Go Ravens! http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/RaidersNoRaiders.gif

Lets Go Saints! http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/funnypicPissOnRivers.gif

Nomad
10-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Miami looks good, I was hoping Buffalo would win! Hopefully the BRONCOS show up to play next Sunday!

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Eject Rivers!

Eject Rivers!

Nomad
10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Eject Rivers!

Eject Rivers!

I thought it would an unsportmanlike penalty!

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 02:45 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/funnypicPissOnRivers.gif

Very nice...

Should be mandatory in all BF member sig blocks...

BroncoTech
10-26-2008, 03:13 PM
C'mon Saints...

faiders lost, qweefs lost, die SD die!

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Miami beats Buffalo convincingly...

...gotta love the NFL.

Kapaibro
10-26-2008, 03:29 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Phyllis throws it up into about 400 guys the endzone!

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Phyllis throws it up into about 400 guys the endzone!

I'm suprised that little lady could throw the ball that far...must've farted when he threw it to give that 'extra' power...

...now, over to NYG-PIT.

KCL
10-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Actually the Chiefs played a good game inspite of their overall record.Thigpen had a good game.But we couldn't get it done.Too many questionable flags thrown in that game.

REB
10-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Nice weekend for us :D :beer:

Kapaibro
10-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Actually the Chiefs played a good game inspite of their overall record.Thigpen had a good game.But we couldn't get it done.Too many questionable flags thrown in that game.

Favre threw more INT's than Thiggy threw TD's!

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM

If Thigpen plays like that from here on out, the Chiefs might have found something...:cringe:

Broncolingus
10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
This is a good call regardless of the outcome for the Giants going for it here at the goal line...

Kapaibro
10-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Ouch for Whodey. 14-6 down to the Texans

MOtorboat
10-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I was rooting for Oakland today because of Wild Card implications.

frauschieze
10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I was rooting for Oakland today because of Wild Card implications.

What the hell is wrong with you?

slim
10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Ouch for Whodey. 14-6 down to the Texans

Yeah, if she was cool I would feel bad for her.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I love this from the Chargers board:

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost.php?p=2167332&postcount=1

As you can see - once again, this Charger fan puts some of the blame on the refs :laugh:

Main reasons for today's loss
The main reasons

1. No Defense - no pressure on QB, no man to man press coverage - huge cushion for receivers

2. No Discipline - When the defense did have a chance to get the Saints off the field, they made stupid boneheaded late hits, personal fouls and excessive celebration. Even though it was more limited, the offense did make some stupid penalties backing us up as well - false starts, delays of game, etc and the missed easy catch by Jackson really hurt.

3. The turnover battle - 2 turnovers - first by Darren Sproles providing the Saints with a quick 7 and then one by Rivers gave away or only chance of winning. While Rivers and the offense kept us in the game, we cannot expect our offense to put up points on every drive, but finishing is a must no matter what the game has been like. This is the 2nd week in a row this has happened. Better decisions need to be made under pressure. That is what separates champs from chumps (by no means do I think Rivers is a chump - I have lots of respect for the kid and overall he usually does come through). The difference between last season and this season was that last year while our offense struggled, we were still getting a lot of points off of our D and ST last- we were creating 2-3 turnovers a game by pressuring the QB. Last week we gave up the ball 3 times. Costly turnovers are certainly a part of our losses as well as our poor defensive performance.

4. Refs - The refs truely shafted us once again on key plays. The couple times our D actually did keep a pass from being completed in the end zone, the refs throw the flag which clearly was uncalled for. Then on a play in which we intercepted the ball, on which offenseive pass interference was committed prior to the interception, a penalty for excessive celebration is called, therefore nullifying both penalties, giving the Saints 1st and 10.
Why didn't the Saints lose a down?
Why wasn't the celebration nullified since the interception never occurred? Wouldn't it make sense that if the offensive pass interference was committed before the interception that got overturned, it would therefore nullify any corresponding celebration? There was no personal foul on the play. I think the NFL needs to make sure their refs have common sense and make things "right". Otherwise, this is all pointless. I put the refs last on the list because we have to learn to win even when a game isn't called fairly.

I will say this. Overall our offense is playing well. Our Defense looks horrible. But it is amazing to me that in several games in which we got shafted by the refs, we still managed to lose only by one possession. This just goes to show you that if we even had a defense that put up a fight 30 percent of the time, we could still win. I am still trying to stay positive about our season. If we can fire Ted and put Rivera as DC and get Cromartie and some of our weaker defensive links on the bench, I think there is still hope for the season.

REB
10-26-2008, 07:04 PM
I love this from the Chargers board:

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost.php?p=2167332&postcount=1

As you can see - once again, this Charger fan puts some of the blame on the refs :laugh:

Main reasons for today's loss
The main reasons

1. No Defense - no pressure on QB, no man to man press coverage - huge cushion for receivers

2. No Discipline - When the defense did have a chance to get the Saints off the field, they made stupid boneheaded late hits, personal fouls and excessive celebration. Even though it was more limited, the offense did make some stupid penalties backing us up as well - false starts, delays of game, etc and the missed easy catch by Jackson really hurt.

3. The turnover battle - 2 turnovers - first by Darren Sproles providing the Saints with a quick 7 and then one by Rivers gave away or only chance of winning. While Rivers and the offense kept us in the game, we cannot expect our offense to put up points on every drive, but finishing is a must no matter what the game has been like. This is the 2nd week in a row this has happened. Better decisions need to be made under pressure. That is what separates champs from chumps (by no means do I think Rivers is a chump - I have lots of respect for the kid and overall he usually does come through). The difference between last season and this season was that last year while our offense struggled, we were still getting a lot of points off of our D and ST last- we were creating 2-3 turnovers a game by pressuring the QB. Last week we gave up the ball 3 times. Costly turnovers are certainly a part of our losses as well as our poor defensive performance.

4. Refs - The refs truely shafted us once again on key plays. The couple times our D actually did keep a pass from being completed in the end zone, the refs throw the flag which clearly was uncalled for. Then on a play in which we intercepted the ball, on which offenseive pass interference was committed prior to the interception, a penalty for excessive celebration is called, therefore nullifying both penalties, giving the Saints 1st and 10.
Why didn't the Saints lose a down?
Why wasn't the celebration nullified since the interception never occurred? Wouldn't it make sense that if the offensive pass interference was committed before the interception that got overturned, it would therefore nullify any corresponding celebration? There was no personal foul on the play. I think the NFL needs to make sure their refs have common sense and make things "right". Otherwise, this is all pointless. I put the refs last on the list because we have to learn to win even when a game isn't called fairly.

I will say this. Overall our offense is playing well. Our Defense looks horrible. But it is amazing to me that in several games in which we got shafted by the refs, we still managed to lose only by one possession. This just goes to show you that if we even had a defense that put up a fight 30 percent of the time, we could still win. I am still trying to stay positive about our season. If we can fire Ted and put Rivera as DC and get Cromartie and some of our weaker defensive links on the bench, I think there is still hope for the season.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/funnypicCryingBaby.jpg :lol::lol:

Broncolingus
10-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Forgot to post this last night, but uhhh...Jacksonville?

23-17 home loss to (excuse you) Cleveland?

Cleveland?

REB
10-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Forgot to post this last night, but uhhh...Jacksonville?

23-17 home loss to (excuse you) Cleveland?

Cleveland?

Yea that was a surprise. I lost a 6 team teaser getting Jacksonville -1