PDA

View Full Version : No 2011 Season?

james6253
05-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I'd hate to think there will be no football in 2011. This lack of free agency is seriously annoying already .

Is it only me, or does it seem like no one cares about the fans. The media seems to cover the players and the owners. It's always owners this, players that. What about the fans?

If not for us, their business would not exist. We all know this but still we, the fans, have no voice in this situation. I'm sick and tired of this. Fans should voice their opinion and prove that it's our dollars that fuel this sport. Maybe someone will listen then. I found this simple way to do it online http://www.fanswantfootball.org

It's interesting what fans of other teams and fans of football in general have to say. Anyway, I hope they can fix this situation soon.

Ravage!!!
05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
The fans can voice their opinions, however, its a business. The NFL knows that the fans generate the business... just as any customer is the driving force behind their economics. However, they feel they are doing what they feel is BEST to keep the product available TO the public by being sure to secure what is best for the league. Losing businesses don't stick around, and franchises having to move every few years because of dropping revenue is not good or the NFL.

They are taking the approach that a short-term interruption in the norm is better than a long-term set-back for everyone.

LTC Pain
05-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Maybe the fans should find some way to litigate there way into this mess and get a piece of the action. You've got players (employees) suing to get more of what the owners have. The players call this profit sharing and want more say into what money goes where. Don't the fans also contribute directly to what ends up being the mega-million dollar business of NFL football? Hell yeah we do. So where's our share of the billion dollar pie? Hey, I want mine!

Doesn't that sound about as stupid as the NFLPA position???

SOCALORADO.
05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
The fans can voice their opinions, however, its a business. The NFL knows that the fans generate the business... just as any customer is the driving force behind their economics. However, they feel they are doing what they feel is BEST to keep the product available TO the public by being sure to secure what is best for the league. Losing businesses don't stick around, and franchises having to move every few years because of dropping revenue is not good or the NFL.

They are taking the approach that a short-term interruption in the norm is better than a long-term set-back for everyone.

Exactly. Suck it up, rub some F***** dirt on it, and get through this.

SoCalImport
05-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Maybe the fans should find some way to litigate there way into this mess and get a piece of the action. You've got players (employees) suing to get more of what the owners have. The players call this profit sharing and want more say into what money goes where. Don't the fans also contribute directly to what ends up being the mega-million dollar business of NFL football? Hell yeah we do. So where's our share of the billion dollar pie? Hey, I want mine!

Doesn't that sound about as stupid as the NFLPA position???

Love that:rockon:

FanInAZ
05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
So this guy creates an account...

...uses his first post to start a thread that links over to another site...

...then logs off without dialoging with anyone on any issue, including is own hit & run post.

Sounds like...

:spam4: to me!

Benetto
05-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Sounded like a copy & paste to me too, AZ...

Lonestar
05-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Looks like spam to me and I reported it as such early this am.

sneakers
05-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Is this spam?

SoCalImport
05-21-2011, 06:45 AM
if there's a fried egg involved, spam is pretty good.

Agent of Orange
05-21-2011, 07:44 AM
I'd hate to think there will be no football in 2011. This lack of free agency is seriously annoying already .

Is it only me, or does it seem like no one cares about the fans. The media seems to cover the players and the owners. It's always owners this, players that. What about the fans?
If not for us, their business would not exist. We all know this but still we, the fans, have no voice in this situation. I'm sick and tired of this. Fans should voice their opinion and prove that it's our dollars that fuel this sport. Maybe someone will listen then. I found this simple way to do it online http://www.fanswantfootball.org

It's interesting what fans of other teams and fans of football in general have to say. Anyway, I hope they can fix this situation soon.

The fans are taken for granted. It's been that way for a long time. Where have you been?

Tned
05-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Is this spam?

By the strictest definition, yes. Since it's spam for a Bringbackfootball type petition, and I saw no advertising on it, I thought it might be worth leaving and people can choose whether or not they wished to participate.

Juriga72
05-21-2011, 10:02 AM
IF there is no football this year... just think. We can set a NFL record for "Most inprovement in one year".

4 wins one year, undefeated the next!!!!

*WOOT*

OrangeHoof
05-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Fans are sheep. They deserve the disrespect they are getting.

shank
05-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Fans are sheep. They deserve the disrespect they are getting.

that's sheepist.

FanInAZ
05-21-2011, 04:15 PM
By the strictest definition, yes. Since it's spam for a Bringbackfootball type petition, and I saw no advertising on it, I thought it might be worth leaving and people can choose whether or not they wished to participate.

I just got a crazy idea about a new tradition for this site. Anyone that identifies spam has to provide a link to a spam recipe. I know we already have a food forum, but this does not actually have to do with food. It's about poking fun at the spammers. So because I was the 1st one to post a spam alert on this thread, I give you "Creamy SPAM and Pasta Nachos."

http://www.spam.com/recipes/detail/5639/creamy-spam-and-pasta-nachos.aspx