PDA

View Full Version : If there's a season, how many wins do the Broncos get?

Tned
05-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Ok, based on the draft results and current roster, and what you think they might do in free agency if it ever happens, what's your best guess for the broncos final record?

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Ok, based on the draft results and current roster, and what you think they might do in free agency if it ever happens, what's your best guess for the broncos final record?

My hope is that we win about 8 games.

jhildebrand
05-19-2011, 09:45 PM
6 is my vote

sneakers
05-19-2011, 09:48 PM
19-0! Wooo!

WARHORSE
05-19-2011, 10:01 PM
4-1 and we win the division.

(strike shortened):coffee:

Lonestar
05-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Not seeing many wins this year. Playing some tough teams in the other conference as well as improving KC, oak, and always tough San.
That could be 10'losses right there.

Color me 5-11 if we are lucky.

Now the next year watch out could be a great year.

broncohead
05-19-2011, 10:19 PM
If we dont bring in any decent DTs I say 4-6

Tned
05-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Not seeing many wins this year. Playing some tough teams in the other conference as well as improving KC, oak, and always tough San.
That could be 10'losses right there.

Color me 5-11 if we are lucky.

Now the next year watch out could be a great year.

Haven't you been predicting 5-11 since '05 or so? After last year, that might not be too far off this year.

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Haven't you been predicting 5-11 since '05 or so? After last year, that might not be too far off this year.

JR is a model of consistency. :lol:

Ravage!!!
05-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I think 6....

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 10:27 PM
I think 6....

If our running game is improved that just might get us more than six wins.

Tned
05-19-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm an eternal optimist and know that in the NFL things can turn around pretty quick. I went with 9-7.

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm an eternal optimist and know that in the NFL things can turn around pretty quick. I went with 9-7.

That's possible if the defense and running gaming are improved.

Tned
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
That's possible if the defense and running gaming are improved.

The change in head coach, and having someone that knows what he's doing leading the team, is probably good for 2-4 wins without even upgrading the players. Add in some player upgrades (Doom back, Miller, etc.) and we should be back to the .500 level give or take.

Benetto
05-19-2011, 10:50 PM
As a Broncos fan, I am always under the impression we will be a 10 win or more team, realistically...but my heart always says 13 or more.

After our team was infected with footballs version of HIV (McDaniels) I don't know what to think.

As long as McDump's guy Orton is still wearing O&B we are not going to win more than 6...

Ravage!!!
05-19-2011, 11:31 PM
If our running game is improved that just might get us more than six wins.

New coach, new defense, new QB (hopefully), and not much talent on offense... including our running game.

I feel 6 wins +/- 1 feels about right to me. But, the last regime last such a HORRIBLE feeling in my stomach about the state of this team, its hard let that go.

TXBRONC
05-20-2011, 06:49 AM
New coach, new defense, new QB (hopefully), and not much talent on offense... including our running game.

I feel 6 wins +/- 1 feels about right to me. But, the last regime last such a HORRIBLE feeling in my stomach about the state of this team, its hard let that go.

I think were good at offensive line and wide receiver. If we can fix the running game and settle the quarterback situation I think that would help tremendously.

MileHighCrew
05-20-2011, 07:13 AM
This is tough this year. No FA yet, no trade of Orton, Fox new system, Cox trial. There is still so much to happen. I voted 13-3 or better because I never pick the Broncos to lose, ever.

TXBRONC
05-20-2011, 07:33 AM
This is tough this year. No FA yet, no trade of Orton, Fox new system, Cox trial. There is still so much to happen. I voted 13-3 or better because I never pick the Broncos to lose, ever.

MHC. :salute::salute::salute:

Lonestar
05-20-2011, 07:38 AM

Let me amend My pick to 5-8.

As we will not have a full season. It is going to take missing couple of paychecks before the moron millionaires figure it out.

When the jewelers reposses some of their bling because try missed acouple of payments.
Same goes for their housing.
Same for their bentleys.
Dumb is as dumb does.

They will understand the union is doing nothing for them.

Lonestar
05-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Let me add that whIle I hope we win the SB realize this team has loads of hole in the starter areas and zerO depth incase if injury.

That plus ALL the newness from John to the field striper add the talent in SAN the coaching stability and talent in KC. Does not look good this year

LRtagger
05-20-2011, 08:53 AM
We will be the 2008 Atlanta Falcons.

2007 = 4-12 record
2008 = 11-5 with new head coach & new QB.

Or the 2008 Dolphins...

2007 = 1-15 record
2008 = 11-5 with new head coach & new VP of Football Ops

nevcraw
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
I am just glad for the change in the FO and coaching.. The team will play harder and smarter than the last 2 years and win a few games people would not expect. They will buy into Foxy's program because he will treat the team like men and simplify the systems for quick digestion.

I am always playoffs or bust.. this year is no exception..

LTC Pain
05-20-2011, 09:29 AM
The O-line will mature and will help the run game. And the Broncos will get a RB in Free Agency to help Moreno. Of most concern is the defense and stopping the run. EFX already said they will target a DT(s) in Free Agency. New coach/defense and better personnel and pass rush should get us to .500 or better. I'm thinking 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

BORDERLINE
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I fully expect for them to win every game. If not then why would I watch??

Ravage!!!
05-20-2011, 10:16 AM

2007 = 4-12 record

Or the 2008 Dolphins...

2007 = 1-15 record

I am just glad for the change in the FO and coaching.. The team will play harder and smarter than the last 2 years and win a few games people would not expect. They will buy into Foxy's program because he will treat the team like men and simplify the systems for quick digestion.

I am always playoffs or bust.. this year is no exception..

You guys have me almost convinced! :beer:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Initially, I figured around 8 wins because I think the team will perform better with better coaching, as others have suggested.

However, I think our schedule is brutal. I see us getting 6 or 7 wins.

TXBRONC
05-20-2011, 10:47 AM

2007 = 4-12 record

Or the 2008 Dolphins...

2007 = 1-15 record

So you think we'll finish 11-5?

vandammage13
05-20-2011, 12:41 PM
It is highly dependent on who our qb is...with orton I say we get 5-6 wins. With tebow we may be good for 7-8 wins.

LRtagger
05-20-2011, 12:42 PM
So you think we'll finish 11-5?

It could happen. I don't think Miami was that much better in 2008 than we will be in 2011.

I personally think we will be around 9 wins.

jhns
05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
The fact that I have no clue what this front office likes to do in FA, or how they develope/utilize talent, it is really hard to predict. That said, Elway is back. That alone makes me predict 19-0.

BroncoNut
05-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I'd say 9. but that's as high as I'd go

slim
05-20-2011, 01:52 PM
8-8

MNPatsFan
05-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm an eternal optimist and know that in the NFL things can turn around pretty quick. I went with 9-7.9 wins.:confused:*Looks at the Broncos schedule to see if the Broncos are playing the Carolina Panthers .....

9 times*:laugh:

Wow those must be some very strong awesome drugs you are taking.;)

I would expect the Broncos to win 5 or 6 games IF things go well for them based on the strength of the teams they play and the fact that most of the weaker teams they play appear to have made key improvements. But that is the great thing about the NFL. No one, NOT even KCL accurately predicted how well the Chiefs would do last year or how the Raiders would have a non-losing season for the first time in something like 8 years.

TXBRONC
05-20-2011, 02:22 PM
It could happen. I don't think Miami was that much better in 2008 than we will be in 2011.

I personally think we will be around 9 wins.

Agreed. If team can go 1-15 or 4-12 one season and end up 11-5 the next just about anything is possible.

MNPatsFan
05-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Going to play devil's advocate here
The change in head coach.Isn't the new head coach the one who coached the ONLY team that was worse than the Broncos last year?:confused:

Not sure how that is going to automatically result in more wins.

and having someone that knows what he's doing leading the team, is probably good for 2-4 wins without even upgrading the players.Are you talking about Elway? If so, leading a team as a player is a lot different than leading it as the GM or from the front office. Just look at Matt Millen, MJ, Larry Bird, Issiah Thomas, etc. for proof of that. To my knowledge Elway has no experience working in the NFL as GM or similar football personnel position in an NFL front office.

Add in some player upgrades (Doom back, Miller, etc.) and we should be back to the .500 level give or take.Don't know enough about the Broncos or all these players to agree or disagree that this will automatically result in some more wins, but will take your word/opinion on it.:salute:

Ravage!!!
05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
McD was the worst coach I've ever seen. Fox had his worst year in his 9 years with Carolina. McDoosh had the worst year in Denver Bronco history, and did it in just 2 years. Removing him, alone, should add wins to the total.

TXBRONC
05-20-2011, 05:05 PM
McD was the worst coach I've ever seen. Fox had his worst year in his 9 years with Carolina. McDoosh had the worst year in Denver Bronco history, and did it in just 2 years. Removing him, alone, should add wins to the total.

If McDaniels isn't the worst coach in Denver Broncos history then he is at the very least one of the worst.

Lonestar
05-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Initially, I figured around 8 wins because I think the team will perform better with better coaching, as others have suggested.

However, I think our schedule is brutal. I see us getting 6 or 7 wins.

I suspect the #6 is pretty close to being dead on.
It is a brutal schedule and once it is fully understood how the other teams got better via FA, it may get worse.
Having a defensive coach at the helm will make us better on defense.

But will it bridge the gap of total points allowed and total points scored

That may be a closer abyss but still bigger than many think.

TXBRONC
05-20-2011, 10:37 PM
The fact that I have no clue what this front office likes to do in FA, or how they develope/utilize talent, it is really hard to predict. That said, Elway is back. That alone makes me predict 19-0.

I don't think we'll go 19-0 but like your positive outlook. :beer:

hamrob
05-21-2011, 12:09 AM
If they let Tebow play ball...10-6.

If they try to be a running team with Moreno and Walton leading the way...6-10.

GEM
05-21-2011, 12:10 AM
9-7 cause john ******* elway is back in the Saddle.

Mothertrucker just spews win.

GEM
05-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Mn...i like you and all, but go stick you head bak up bradys butt.

Tia. :D

Canmore
05-21-2011, 02:23 AM
I said 6-10. Our schedule looks brutal, and we still have some major holes to address.

horsepig
05-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Some MAJOR holes to fill, QB & DT to name some obvious. Team chemistry has sucked for years, will that improve? I certainly hope so.

6'th DC in 6 years, what a ******* joke. It aint gonna turn on a dime, boys. 6 wins at most, IMO.

Lonestar
05-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Some MAJOR holes to fill, QB & DT to name some obvious. Team chemistry has sucked for years, will that improve? I certainly hope so.

6'th DC in 6 years, what a ******* joke. It aint gonna turn on a dime, boys. 6 wins at most, IMO.

I keep forgetting the the 6 in 6 stat. Thanks for reminding me that only two of those were under Josh, the other 4 were under mikey.

while having someone on board hat actuallly spell the word defense, it will take a while to turn the losers into a team.

Npba900
05-22-2011, 08:14 AM
If they let Tebow play ball...10-6.

If they try to be a running team with Moreno and Walton leading the way...6-10.

Not sure allowing Tebow to play like he did in college (taking off running) and taking unnecessary hits will equal a 10-6 season. What will probably happen is Tebow experiencing "Concussion City" and missing a few games or suffering a season ending injury related to running the ball like a fullback.

Simple put D linemen, Linebackers and safeties are bigger, stronger, faster more athletic and hit/tackle with reckless abandon in the NFL.....THIS AIN'T THE SEC. Opposing defensive players will try and hurt Tebow should he try and embarrass teams by running as he did in college

I suggest Tebow take Elway's advice and learn to play QB from the Pocket! And should Tebow find the need to RUN he had better learn how to hook-slide and get what yards he can manage and run out of bounds. This will be key how Tebow can stay as injury free as possible.

Lonestar
05-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Not sure allowing Tebow to play like he did in college (taking off running) and taking unnecessary hits will equal a 10-6 season. What will probably happen is Tebow experiencing "Concussion City" and missing a few games or suffering a season ending injury.
I suggest Tebow take Elway's advice and learn to play QB from the Pocket! And should Tebow find the need to RUN he had better learn how to hook-slide and get what yards he can manage and run out of bounds. This will be key how Tebow can stay as injury free as possible.

I agree one hunderd percent.
While he is exciting to watch, it is time for him pass more and run less. Get rid of the ball into the stands if he has to, better than taking cheap shots. Or trying to hand them out. Not many RBs that take those hit are around past year ten. Emmit smith was but that was more attuned to having a mammoth OL that got him two the second level where he did not take the big hits from the DL. In lots of cases that OL got him past LB tackle also.
To have that career is an anomaly rather than the average.

Juriga72
05-22-2011, 08:57 AM
I keep forgetting the the 6 in 6 stat. Thanks for reminding me that only two of those were under Josh, the other 4 were under mikey.

while having someone on board hat actuallly spell the word defense, it will take a while to turn the losers into a team.

Of course.... Joshy had a great guy and fired him, Nolan went on to put Miami on the map for its defense also....

But keep the Joshy love alive!!!!!

Ravage!!!
05-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Of course.... Joshy had a great guy and fired him, Nolan went on to put Miami on the map for its defense also....

But keep the Joshy love alive!!!!!

Yeah, the ONE thing he did right, was hire Nolan. Then he blew that by not being able to get along with him. Unbelievable.

Lonestar
05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Wow I bet is set a lovefest off with my mikey reference having 4 dc in 4 years.

TXBRONC
05-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah, the ONE thing he did right, was hire Nolan. Then he blew that by not being able to get along with him. Unbelievable.

Nah with as many dumbass moves that joshy made nothing he did is unbelievable.

TXBRONC
05-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Wow I bet is set a lovefest off with my mikey reference having 4 dc in 4 years.

You have no room what so ever to talk about people having a lovefest with Shanahan when you're all over little joshy like a bad hair cut.

Ravage!!!
05-22-2011, 04:39 PM
The ONLY person that mentioned Shanahan is Wiz...everyone else is talking about what McDoofus did.

This dislike and distaste for McDork has NOTHING to do with SHanahan. McD earned this kind of hatred Allllllll on his own.

TXBRONC
05-22-2011, 04:47 PM
The ONLY person that mentioned Shanahan is Wiz...everyone else is talking about what McDoofus did.

This dislike and distaste for McDork has NOTHING to do with SHanahan. McD earned this kind of hatred Allllllll on his own.

I don't hate McDaniels but I think stunk as a head coach did a lot harm to the organization.

Lonestar
05-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Guess I was right.

tomjonesrocks
05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Though with McD gone I think some healing can begin, I still don't know what this team will definitely be able to do successfully. The only thing the Broncos could do somewhat well last year--passing--Fox employs sparingly. I don't know how Fox will be able to churn out anything with Moreno as the #1 RB. This team at this point could use another draft (or two, or three) unfortunately...

Lonestar
05-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Though with McD gone I think some healing can begin, I still don't know what this team will definitely be able to do successfully. The only thing the Broncos could do somewhat well last year--passing--Fox employs sparingly. I don't know how Fox will be able to churn out anything with Moreno as the #1 RB. This team at this point could use another draft (or two, or three) unfortunately...

Great post.

But I suspect ThE healing will not happen for years as there has been way to much hate over the past couple years.

turftoad
05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Great post.

But I suspect ThE healing will not happen for years as there has been way to much hate over the past couple years.

Nah....... the healing started the day McFired was fired.

But yes, we need another draft or two to fix things.

NorCalBronco7
05-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Not sure how many wins the Broncos get this year, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a great start like they did in 09.

Doom, DJ (in the run game only), Champ, and possibly Moore gives the Broncos the potential to have playmakers on every level of the defense. With those guys healthy the defense will be much better than 32nd.

Event though the Broncos dont have an UT yet (unless vickerson is gearing up to play there), I still believe there is enough playmakers and leadership on defense to make a big turnaround (top 15 D).

Offensively it comes down to whos the Qb, and how well the running game produces (even more important with Tebow behind center). I think Orton gets traded and Tebow starts (in a run control offense)...but again the Broncos have a weak running game. But this time with Franklin starting and Foxs knowledge of the run game the offensive line gets more physical but is held back by no playmakers in the backfield.

Overall the Broncos improve because of more balance on offense and a healthy defense, but go 7-9.

TXBRONC
05-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Great post.

More like 10 plus years for all the hate mongering. ;)

underrated29
05-23-2011, 02:02 PM
i would need to see the schedule before I make a prediction.

underrated29
05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
1 Mon, Sept. 12 vs. Oakland Raiders ESPN 10:15 p.m.
2 Sun, Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 4:15 p.m.
3 Sun, Sept. 25 at Tennessee Titans CBS 1 p.m.
4 Sun, Oct. 2 at Green Bay Packers CBS 4:15 p.m.
5 Sun, Oct. 9 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS 4:15 p.m.
6 Bye
7 Sun, Oct. 23 at Miami Dolphins CBS 1 p.m.
8 Sun, Oct. 30 vs. Detroit Lions FOX 4:05 p.m.
9 Sun, Nov. 6 at Oakland Raiders CBS 4:05 p.m.
10 Sun, Nov. 13 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m.
11 Thu, Nov. 17 vs. New York Jets NFLN 8:20 p.m.
12 Sun, Nov. 27 at San Diego Chargers CBS 4:15 p.m.
13 Sun, Dec. 4 at Minnesota Vikings CBS 4:05 p.m.
14 Sun, Dec. 11 vs. Chicago Bears FOX 4:05 p.m.
15 Sun, Dec. 18 vs. New England Patriots CBS 4:15 p.m.
16 Sat, Dec. 24 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m.
17 Sun, Jan. 1 vs. Kansas City Chiefs CBS 4:15 p.m.
Wk Date Matchup Time
Download as PDF
Tickets

--------------------------------------------------

1- win
2- win
3- win
4- loss
5- loss
7- loss
8- win
9- loss
10- win
11- win
12- loss
13- win
14- win
15- loss
16- win
17- win

So i have us at 10-6.

Lonestar
05-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Realy hard to do this on an iPhone as the screen is about five lines big this is my gut feel until I see what we and everyone else does in FA if we do not get some stud DT we will B in a world of hurt.
Mon, Sept. 12 vs. Oakland Raider loss
Sun, Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals win
Sun, Sept. 25 at Tennessee Titan win
Sun, Oct. 2 at Green Bay Packers loss
Sun, Oct. 9 vs. San Diego Chargers loss
Sun, Oct. 23 at Miami Dolphins loss
Sun, Oct. 30 vs. Detroit Lions loss
Sun, Nov. 6 at Oakland Raiders loss
Sun, Nov. 13 at Kansas City Chiefs loss,
Nov. 17 vs. New York Jets loss
Sun, Nov. 27 at San Diego Chargers loss
Sun, Dec. 4 at Minnesota Viking loss big time Sun, Dec. 11 vs. Chicago Bears Win Sun, Dec. 18 vs. New England Patriots loss Sat, Dec. 24 at Buffalo Bills lossSun, Jan. 1 vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Npba900
05-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I see Denver spliting with KC and Oak. Chargers sweep us. The Jets, Bears, New England and Minn. are losses. If their are no key injuries, I see Denver winning 5-6 games this season. With key injuries we could see 13-15 losses in 2011.

T.K.O.
05-23-2011, 08:41 PM
the fan in me says 10-6.....the realist says 8-8:salute:

TXBRONC
05-23-2011, 09:11 PM
the fan in me says 10-6.....the realist says 8-8:salute:

Are you saluting yourself? :D