View Full Version : Woody's Mailbag:

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
There's something in here for everyone. :D

Woody's Mailbag:
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 05/19/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Q:Hey Woody, I'm with you on the Patrick Peterson pick. I love Von Miller, but Peterson and Champ Bailey would have been the best corners ever in football. But ... what about the free agent in Oakland by the name of Nnamdi? How cool would that be to steal him from the dark side? It would be a good way to start the year and payback for last year's 50 burger they dropped on us. Whatcha think? Could this happen? — Clint Cummings, Dallas

A:It's not feasible to sign Asomugha, since they have so many needs, and you tie up so much money in one more veteran. There will be an auction. I've read that at least 12 teams will make a run at him, and I would guess that Miami, Tampa Bay or Philadelphia will head the list. We now know, after his hearing the other day, that Perrish Cox will be able to play into October, at least, and they have André Goodman and Nate Jones and two other youngsters (Syd'Quan Thompson and Cassius Vaughn), so cornerback is not a top priority, given that they've got to get another running back, two defensive tackles, defensive end and offensive lineman.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18091345

underrated29
05-19-2011, 10:51 AM
He is right about cb- we dont need and never did.. Man all those PP fanboys were so annoying when the draft was around.

He is also right about needing a RB and 2 Dts.....But DE and OL?

How did he come up with that? We have tons of OL and we are not terrible at DE either.

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 11:14 AM
He is right about cb- we dont need and never did.. Man all those PP fanboys were so annoying when the draft was around.

How did he come up with that? We have tons of OL and we are not terrible at DE either.

Offensive line I don't find as odd as say we need more defensive ends. Maybe he means an improvement in depth. :whoknows:

Bosco
05-19-2011, 11:21 AM
People need to get over the Peterson issue. Sure, he is a great talent, but you don't need to spend a top 5 pick on a corner in a predominantly zone coverage scheme, especially with a weak front 7.

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Woody looks like death warmed over. Is he not well?

arapaho2
05-19-2011, 12:16 PM
i dont know much about Beal...but i dont get how woody says he cant be a DE at 267...ayers is only 274 or so...doom played at around 260?

he played mainly up but rushed from his hand on the ground alot
and he is very solid in the run defense

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 01:11 PM
i dont know much about Beal...but i dont get how woody says he cant be a DE at 267...ayers is only 274 or so...doom played at around 260?

he played mainly up but rushed from his hand on the ground alot
and he is very solid in the run defense
Beal IS a DE. Woody WAS drunk when he said that.

topscribe
05-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Beal IS a DE. Woody WAS drunk when he said that.

Woody doesn't have to be drunk.

He is a natural comedy act . . .

-----

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Woody doesn't have to be drunk.

He is a natural comedy act . . .

-----
Sometimes I wonder who his writers are.

BigSarge87
05-19-2011, 02:01 PM
If I was Woody I would call it....(drum roll please)....

Woody's Male Bag!

Just for fun.

Lonestar
05-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Yes we have OL 1 deep. Might have 1.5 deep on de but then you have to think quality. Not all have to be pro blowers but they have to be able to fill in at a quality level if some one needs a blow or gets hurt.
As for cb and RB you can never have to many as the season of 08 showed us at RB.
I think we are ok at LB even though a couple are rookies and the others including DJ are nothing special he is the best of the group. But has never impressed me with tackling for a loss or blitzing he is better but his forte is speed and dragging them down from behind usually after a gain of yards.

BeefStew25
05-19-2011, 06:37 PM
So, Orton is an insufferable douche bag.

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 07:35 PM
So, Orton is an insufferable douche bag.

By the way Beef do you have yourKyle Orton Fan Club website up and running yet:questionmark:

BeefStew25
05-19-2011, 07:37 PM
By the way Beef do you have your Orton Fan Club website up and running yet:questionmark:

I don't get it.

TXBRONC
05-19-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't get it.

Of course not. :tsk: :D