PDA

View Full Version : Marcell Dareus Wants to Hurt Broncos

WARHORSE
05-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like someone is upset with Elway and the Boys.

“My sole focus was for me not to give you a reason to not pick me and you still don’t?” Dareus said. “Okay, I understand you have needs somewhere else, but if you need somebody to control your front and be a commander across the front and not let anything happen? I work my butt off to do that, and you pass me up still? Okay, I’ve got something for you.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/17/marcell-dareus-plans-to-make-it-hell-for-broncos-for-passing-on-him/

Northman
05-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I dont doubt it. Hopefully Miller has an answer for him.

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 02:52 PM
grow up marcell.

GEM
05-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Miller won't be on the field.....hopefully Deebo has something for him. :lol:

Northman
05-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Miller won't be on the field.....hopefully Deebo has something for him. :lol:

If two QB's can talk shit to one another than Miller can talk shit to Dareus as well. Plus, Miller can make life hell for Buffalo's crapola group of QB's.

Benetto
05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah Dareus, every player's sole focus is to avoid giving the top teams a reason not to draft them...VON MILLER is that reason...Nothing personal...And good luck getting by Ryan Clady, bitch.

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
If two QB's can talk shit to one another than Miller can talk shit to Dareus as well. Plus, Miller can make life hell for Buffalo's crapola group of QB's.

If Miller doesn't get their quarterback our midget one trick pony defensive end just might. ;)

Hell maybe even Ayers will join the party.

BORDERLINE
05-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Nothing wrong with this. Shows Marcell is a very competitive player.

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Nothing wrong with this. Shows Marcell is a very competitive player.

pretty much my take as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-17-2011, 03:08 PM
From article:

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” Dareus told Michael Irvin on WQAM Monday via BuffaloBills.com. “Denver I’ll get a chance to play them in the regular season and I’m going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.”

So Dareus - obviously you thought you were the BEST player in the draft, rather than being happy being drafted 3rd - WOW - conceited or what?

Lonestar
05-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah Dareus, every player's sole focus is to avoid giving the top teams a reason not to draft them...VON MILLER is that reason...Nothing personal...And good luck getting by Ryan Clady, bitch.

Considering that he will not be matched against clady that should be easy.
He is a DT who mostly matched against interior OL.

Lonestar
05-17-2011, 03:15 PM
From article:

So Dareus - obviously you thought you were the BEST player in the draft, rather than being happy being drafted 3rd - WOW - conceited or what?

I would live ro have a guy that feels he is the best and will make those teams that passed on him miserable.

When was the last time that happened.
Actually it happens all the time the Rod TD DOOM just a few

BroncoWave
05-17-2011, 03:15 PM
From article:

I'd rather my players have confidence in their abilities. If a Bronco were saying this would you be saying he were conceited?

Northman
05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
I would live ro have a guy that feels he is the best and will make those teams that passed on him miserable.

When was the last time that happened.
Actually it happens all the time the Rod TD DOOM just a few

Im pretty sure that Miller believes he is pretty good.

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Considering that he will not be matched against clady that should be easy.
He is a DT who mostly matched against interior OL.

ok, I see what you're saying I think, in a 3 man defensive line. Clady would still be involved against Marcell in protecting the run wouldn't he?

Juriga72
05-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I have no issue with this....

Of course when we took No-show at 12..... he was like..."Really????? I uh... Ummmmmm..... Well.... .... Kinda do they want me to do like run the ball???"

And he proved to be dead on with THAT assesment of his skill set...

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Im pretty sure that Miller believes he is pretty good.

Nah Miller feels he's just average. ;)

Northman
05-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I rather my players just prove it on the field. Talk is cheap and nothing but hot air. Whoopee doo, the guy was taken #3. If any player has a beef it would be Fairley of all people. lmao

BeefStew25
05-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I hope Von caves Marcell's head in.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I'd rather my players have confidence in their abilities. If a Bronco were saying this would you be saying he were conceited?

You bet I would, if the circumstances were exactly the same.

robert ethan
05-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Interesting that Nix seemed to think that the Broncos were considering Gabbert at the spot. Also that Gabbert was the third guy for the Bills along with Dareus and Miller. At least that is how it sounds. I wonder how far that jerkoff Newton would have dropped if the Panthers didn't take him?

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 03:37 PM
You bet I would, if the circumstances were exactly the same.

In some ways, it's not that classy, I guess. but at the same time, it does show he at least has some attitude about being passed up. Like when you get rejected by a chick. who the hell does she think she is to pass on me?

Northman
05-17-2011, 03:48 PM
In some ways, it's not that classy, I guess. but at the same time, it does show he at least has some attitude about being passed up. Like when you get rejected by a chick. who the hell does she think she is to pass on me?

Excellent point, you must be really miffed about all the gals that pass on you. :D

OrangeHoof
05-17-2011, 03:54 PM
You would be pissed off too if you found out you were spending your winters in Buffalo when you thought you'd be around Rocky Mountain goodness.

topscribe
05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Excellent point, you must be really miffed about all the gals that pass on you. :D

Is that why Clay's always in a bad mood?

-----

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 03:59 PM

pisses me off so bad North. :beer:

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 04:00 PM
You would be pissed off too if you found out you were spending your winters in Buffalo when you thought you'd be around Rocky Mountain goodness.

never been to Buffalo, but I hear it is not a great place to live.

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Is that why Clay's always in a bad mood?

-----

clay? he seems like he's usually pretty chipper. just don't see him that often.

bigcabdaddy
05-17-2011, 04:11 PM

“My sole focus was for me not to give you a reason to not pick me and you still don’t?” Dareus said. “Okay, I understand you have needs somewhere else, but if you need somebody to control your front and be a commander across the front and not let anything happen? I work my butt off to do that, and you pass me up still? Okay, I’ve got something for you.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/17/marcell-dareus-plans-to-make-it-hell-for-broncos-for-passing-on-him/

Sounds like he's going to be a great football player. Where's the problem? Unless Miller DOESN'T work out and he does...

HammeredOut
05-17-2011, 05:29 PM

The Broncos head office response should be such "If we had questions about your work ethic, 24 reps on the bench press said it all, your lazyness in the weight room, and your lazyness in the second half of college games are what makes us question whether or not your worthy of the 2nd overall pick. Furthermore, the 24 reps on the bench showcased that even wide recievers can outwork a lazy player in the weight room. Overall, Marcell, its not in the cards to overspend on a overly lazy player who resembles a young Albert Haynesworth, overpaid, and under worked."

Courtney Brown part 2

Grover
05-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I think Dareus really wanted to be a Bronco. I know before the draft he was talking about wanting to be on a team with Tebow - that Tebow has a will to win just like he (Dareus) does. So I think it was a shock to go to Buffalo - I know I'd be shocked if I thought was getting a ticket to Denver and I looked down at the stub and it said Buffalo.

Shananahan
05-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Courtney Brown part 2
What?

HammeredOut
05-17-2011, 05:43 PM
What?

did you have another brain fart??

topscribe
05-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I find Dareus' arrogance underwhelming . . .

Makes me more glad the Broncos passed on him.

I’m sure Von Miller will have something to say about it when Buffalo has the ball .

-----

WARHORSE
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Well I guess Von should go ahead and threaten the Panthers for passing on him.........but then again, hes probably singin halelujah that they didnt take him. :laugh:

As for Elway and the boys response, I would say this: "Well there was one area in which you had a huge question mark Dareus: Production. And we figured your production would match up well with Buffalo anyway. Von Miller is a playmaker in the explosive sense of the word. AND....he has a ton of production and plays. See you on the gridiron big boy."

nevcraw
05-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Now you done it.. I agree with Jr. -- WTF!

I don't see the issue here.. whatever motivates you, right? the guy says hey -- i worked my ass off to make you want me and you didn't.. so I am going to prove you wrong.. Big f'ing deal.. I prefer my football players to have a bit of swagger and play pissed off..
out 97 SB team's whole mantra was about being forgotten undesired players who wanted to prove the rest of the league wrong..
not one thing wrong with dareus tact. -- now he's got to back it up.. that's what makes it fun!

the worst thing is -- jr won't even be able to rep me or read my post b/c he has me on iggy LOL!!!!

D1g1tal j1m
05-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Much ado about nothing. It would be like Cam Heyward saying he will make the other 30 teams that passed on him pay...

WARHORSE
05-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Its actually BIG news nowadays folks.

And Dareus knows theres a good chance he doesnt have to suit up against the Broncos anytime soon, so what the hey.

Gotta make news somehow, right?

I dont mind him threatening making us all pay. It only amounts to a bunch of hot air right about now.

I take that back....hes in Buffalo...alot of COLD air.

Lets call him......the Big Frisky.:coffee:

atwater27
05-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Plain and simple, we shoulda picked him. Marcel Dareus doesn't even need to hurt the Broncos. We hurt ourselves by leaving him on the board at 2.

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Plain and simple, we shoulda picked him. Marcel Dareus doesn't even need to hurt the Broncos. We hurt ourselves by leaving him on the board at 2.

Maybe but I'm not so sure.

BroncoNut
05-17-2011, 06:45 PM

actually, pretty honest post here. I like the von miller pick, but personally, I also like the attitude this guy expresses in his statement. You approach this shit with complete arrogance. It's like oh shit, what did we pass on? of course whether or not he can sustain that is subject to the time will tell policy. Talk is all fluff, but I like this moxy right now. And it makes me want to keep an eye on him

OrangeHoof
05-17-2011, 07:07 PM
FWIW, I like my d-lineman to come with a little hate. It makes them play better in the fourth quarter.

That said, Buffalo's winter weather is terrible (Maybe he looked up the definition of "lake effect snow"), much like Cleveland's. And New York state taxes are just obscene.

Unless he really enjoys freezing his ass off in waist-deep snow, he'll wish he was elsewhere. Diehard fans, though. Just like at Alabama - what else is there to root for?

Ravage!!!
05-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Does anyone really think this guy is going to have an "extra big" game against those that passed on him? If he does... so what? I mean will THAT be the tell if the team made a mistake in taking him or not? I'm pretty sure they will know long before they have to try and "worry" about this silly 'threat'.. or promise... or blathering.... whichever you want to call it.

I like a nasty attitude with all my defensive players, and I get what he's saying..but at the same time I just think its an absurd statement made by a bitter kid that didn't get #1 money. I feel SOOOOO sorry for a kid that was only taken #3 in the NFL draft instead of #1. I'm Soooo concerned that he's going to "make us pay."

Lets be honest. There are going to be players that were taken a lot later in this draft that are goign to make every team that picked in the top 5-10 look silly for passing on them. Happens every year, and this one won't be any different.

I don't think we'll be looking back years from now and saying "wow, Dareus is the best DT ever, and should have gone #1."

He's a DT. Some want to proclaim this kid a franchise savior, apparently so does he.

Nomad
05-17-2011, 07:44 PM
actually, pretty honest post here. I like the von miller pick, but personally, I also like the attitude this guy expresses in his statement. You approach this shit with complete arrogance. It's like oh shit, what did we pass on? of course whether or not he can sustain that is subject to the time will tell policy. Talk is all fluff, but I like this moxy right now. And it makes me want to keep an eye on him

Right on, nut!

zbeg
05-17-2011, 07:44 PM
If I thought I was going to be living in Denver, then instead found out I had to live in Buffalo, I'd be pretty upset too.

broncofaninfla
05-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Hopefully this becomes a non issue in time and Miller becomes a star BUT add me to the list of people who feels we should have taken Dareus.

rcsodak
05-17-2011, 08:08 PM
If Miller doesn't get their quarterback our midget one trick pony defensive end just might. ;)

Hell maybe even Ayers will join the party.
Well, that IS the one trick he has going for him, is it not?

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Hopefully this becomes a non issue in time and Miller becomes a star BUT add me to the list of people who feels we should have taken Dareus.

EFX seems to think he will.

rcsodak
05-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Now you done it.. I agree with Jr. -- WTF!

I don't see the issue here.. whatever motivates you, right? the guy says hey -- i worked my ass off to make you want me and you didn't.. so I am going to prove you wrong.. Big f'ing deal.. I prefer my football players to have a bit of swagger and play pissed off..
out 97 SB team's whole mantra was about being forgotten undesired players who wanted to prove the rest of the league wrong..
not one thing wrong with dareus tact. -- now he's got to back it up.. that's what makes it fun!

the worst thing is -- jr won't even be able to rep me or read my post b/c he has me on iggy LOL!!!!

I'll make your day, nev.

rcsodak
05-17-2011, 08:17 PM

Come time to play, the media will drum this quote up from the deep/dark hallows, and he'll just say 'meh....I was just talkin, man, ya know? Tryin to get my bruthas worked up, is all.'

Lonestar
05-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I like the spunk. If he falls flat on his face shame on him. If we allow him to do so. Shame on the players for allowing it and shame on Elway for not
picking him n

Dzone
05-17-2011, 09:02 PM
He has to be bummed that he has to live in Buffalo instead of Denver

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
He has to be bummed that he has to live in Buffalo instead of Denver

Buffalo has buffalo wings. :nod:

BeefStew25
05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
I like the spunk.

Keep that crap in the Lounge, Elton.

Poet
05-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Does anyone really think this guy is going to have an "extra big" game against those that passed on him? If he does... so what? I mean will THAT be the tell if the team made a mistake in taking him or not? I'm pretty sure they will know long before they have to try and "worry" about this silly 'threat'.. or promise... or blathering.... whichever you want to call it.

I like a nasty attitude with all my defensive players, and I get what he's saying..but at the same time I just think its an absurd statement made by a bitter kid that didn't get #1 money. I feel SOOOOO sorry for a kid that was only taken #3 in the NFL draft instead of #1. I'm Soooo concerned that he's going to "make us pay."

Lets be honest. There are going to be players that were taken a lot later in this draft that are goign to make every team that picked in the top 5-10 look silly for passing on them. Happens every year, and this one won't be any different.

I don't think we'll be looking back years from now and saying "wow, Dareus is the best DT ever, and should have gone #1."

He's a DT. Some want to proclaim this kid a franchise savior, apparently so does he.
That's not a bad take on it. I thought he should have been taken by you guys, but it's not like Von Miller was an absurd pick.

I think he's venting frustration, it's pretty tame and nothing for him or the Broncos to really get worked up over.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Yeah, Colt McCoy was pretty chapped towards the Broncos last year too. Between he and Dareus I don't know if we'll win another game.

Juriga72
05-18-2011, 06:46 AM
I hate it when a punk kid tell a NFL team " I don't mean to be a jerk, but I have said for three months I won't play here".......When they draft him.

I mean with that kind of attitude........ I hope that kid falls on his face

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 07:36 AM
That's not a bad take on it. I thought he should have been taken by you guys, but it's not like Von Miller was an absurd pick.

I think he's venting frustration, it's pretty tame and nothing for him or the Broncos to really get worked up over.

Denver can't worry about Dareus they have concentrate on developing Miller into an ass kicking machine.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Von Miller was selected by a room full of coaches and staff after weeks of
game film, interviews, and other research. Who am I to sit here at my computer
and argue with them?

Regarding Dareus, I don't respond well to that kind of arrogance. There is nothing
wrong with a certain measure gratefulness and humility. Have we heard anything
from Miller about Carolina's passing on him? Nor would we hear it from him about
Denver, had the Broncos taken Dareus, I am sure.

What we have witnessed here may be part of the reason Denver went the way
they did in the draft.

-----

HammeredOut
05-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Von Miller was selected by a room full of coaches and staff after weeks of
game film, interviews, and other research. Who am I to sit here at my computer
and argue with them?

Regarding Dareus, I don't respond well to that kind of arrogance. There is nothing
wrong with a certain measure gratefulness and humility. Have we heard anything
from Miller about Carolina's passing on him? Nor would we hear it from him about
Denver, had the Broncos taken Dareus, I am sure.

What we have witnessed here may be part of the reason Denver went the way
they did in the draft.

-----

Dareus only had 24 reps on the bench press. 75 other players such as WR, RB, TE, CB, and ext, had faired better then Dareus and out worked him on the bench press. For a lineman, that is about the most important thing for a lineman to have is strength. Dareus rated a below average strength across the board. He will never be a great player if he is going to be lazy. Im glad the Broncos didn't draft him. I was hoping either Cam Newton, or Nick Fairley, both would have been ideal.

HammeredOut
05-18-2011, 10:11 AM
29 dlineman out worked dareus on the bench press.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Dareus only had 24 reps on the bench press. 75 other players such as WR, RB, TE, CB, and ext, had faired better then Dareus and out worked him on the bench press. For a lineman, that is about the most important thing for a lineman to have is strength. Dareus rated a below average strength across the board. He will never be a great player if he is going to be lazy. Im glad the Broncos didn't draft him. I was hoping either Cam Newton, or Nick Fairley, both would have been ideal.

Hmmm . . . that doesn't make for an overwhelming Combine, of course. However,
that didn't seem to sway many of the front offices or analysts, many who had
the Broncos taking Dareus, and some of them still believing after the draft
that the Broncos should have taken him.

I tend to regard the Combine as one of the lesser important criteria in considering
a draft choice. I'm more concerned about how they perform on the field, and
Dareus was a beast there.

Fox said he wished he could have both Miller and Dareus. He didn't say a thing
about Fairley, and EFX didn't waste much time passing on Fairley. Regarding
Newton, had the Broncos drafted him, I'm not sure how many broken windows
and holes in walls there would have been around my house. But that's just me,
I guess . . .

-----

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Hmmm . . . that doesn't make for an overwhelming Combine, of course. However,
that didn't seem to sway many of the front offices or analysts, many who had
the Broncos taking Dareus, and some of them believing after the draft that the
Broncos should have taken him.

I tend to regard the Combine as one of the lesser important criteria in considering
a draft choice. I'm more concerned about how they perform on the field, and
Dareus was a beast there.

Fox said he wished he could have both Miller and Dareus. He didn't say a thing
about Fairley, and EFX didn't waste much time passing on Fairley. Regarding
Newton, had the Broncos drafted him, I'm not sure how many broken windows
and holes in walls there would have been around my house. But that's just me,
I guess . . .

-----

According Fox at the end of the draft press conference they seriously considered moving back into the first round to take Fairley. What stopped them was not already having a fourth and fifth round pick already in hand. If the had there is good chance they would pulled the trigger and moved back into the first to take Fairley.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 11:00 AM
According Fox at the end of the draft press conference they seriously considered moving back into the first round to take Fairley. What stopped them was not already having a fourth and fifth round pick already in hand. If the had there is good chance they would pulled the trigger and moved back into the first to take Fairley.

That is correct.

My point was they didn't have much trouble passing on Fairley with the #2 selection . . .

-----

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Keep that crap in the Lounge, Elton.
make sense here, fred.

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 11:39 AM
That is correct.

My point was they didn't have much trouble passing on Fairley with the #2 selection . . .

-----

I understood your point. My point is that they still valued Fairley enough to consider moving back into the first round to take him.

Poet
05-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Top I think calling it arrogance is a bit harsh. Those are the words of a frustrated young man. Does he have an ego? I'm sure he does, but to get to their level you probably have to have one.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2011, 12:00 PM
The bench press is an exercise. Its definitely not something you use solely to draft someone by. Maybe a last-ditch tie breaker.

Poet
05-18-2011, 12:03 PM
The bench press is an exercise. Its definitely not something you use solely to draft someone by. Maybe a last-ditch tie breaker.

Pretty much, the stuff at the combine used to be considered a lot more important when it was made because it wasn't as easy for guys to get bigger, stronger, blah blah blah.

Dareus looks plenty strong on the football field.

It would be like if you took one kicker over another one, who is a less accurate than another kicker because his vertical was superior. :D

Ravage!!!
05-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Top I think calling it arrogance is a bit harsh. Those are the words of a frustrated young man. Does he have an ego? I'm sure he does, but to get to their level you probably have to have one.

I think what you are saying and what he is saying goes hand in hand.

Of course its arrogance. I mean, the young kid is talking about "showing people" how big a mistake it was not to draft him #1 overall. It's not like he dropped down later into the first round, like Fairely, and has a TON of teams that passed him by. Its not like he's Dan Marino and saw 5 other QBs picked before him in the draft. He was picked #3 and is complaining.

I mean, it takes a LOT of arrogance to come out after the draft, when picked at 3 and complain and talk about 'revenge' over the WHOPPING 2 teams that passed on you.

But as you said, King. I think all these young kids at this stage of their career have a ton of arrogance. To perform at this level, in competition of this degree, you have to be.

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Does anybody coming out of Alabama, under Saban, do well with weights?

Poet
05-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Does anybody coming out of Alabama, under Saban, do well with weights?

I think Ingram did pretty well.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 12:13 PM

Frustrated? Are you kidding? Drafted #3. Instant millionaire. That's not
frustration. That's ingratitude. If he's that unhappy, then he's blessed to have
a football field to take it out on.

The kid should be ecstatic! What about those who are free-agents-in-waiting
because they weren't even drafted? How about those of us who can't afford
even to go see him play?

Yes, and how about all of us lower-middle class people out here who have
sent our money to all his colleagues and the owners so they can fight over who
has the right to what of that $9 billion?

You say frustrated? I know what it is like to be frustrated, but I probably will
never know what it is like to be a frustrated multi-millionaire . . .

-----

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Pretty much, the stuff at the combine used to be considered a lot more important when it was made because it wasn't as easy for guys to get bigger, stronger, blah blah blah.

Dareus looks plenty strong on the football field.

It would be like if you took one kicker over another one, who is a less accurate than another kicker because his vertical was superior. :D

Making a big deal over what he bench pressed is silly imho. It's not like he can't get stronger. Teams have strength and condtioning coaches for that reason.

Poet
05-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Frustrated? Are you kidding? Drafted #3. Instant millionaire. That's not
frustration. That's ingratitude. If he's that unhappy, then he's blessed to have
a football field to take it out on.

The kid should be ecstatic! What about those who are free-agents-in-waiting
because they weren't even drafted? How about those of us who can't afford
even to go see him play?

Yes, and how about all of us lower-middle class people out here who have
sent our money to all his colleagues and the owners so they can fight over who
has the right to what of that $9 billion?

You say frustrated? I know what it is like to be frustrated, but I probably will
never know what it is like to be a frustrated multi-millionaire . . .

-----
Just because he's going to make a lot of money has...little to do with this. He's obviously talking frustration of what place he was drafted, as in solely football.

Where did he say anything about money?

topscribe
05-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Just because he's going to make a lot of money has...little to do with this. He's obviously talking frustration of what place he was drafted, as in solely football.

Where did he say anything about money?

Oh right. Drafted #3 overall. I take it back: He has all the reason in the world to be frustrated. :rolleyes:

-----

Slick
05-18-2011, 12:19 PM
He's just pissed because he has to live half the year in buffalo.

Poet
05-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Oh right. Drafted #3 overall. I take it back: He has all the reason in the world to be frustrated. :rolleyes:

-----

You're looking at it with clarity and a scope that a 22 year old is going to be hard pressed to have.

In reality, both Buffalo and Denver are in a mess right now. The difference in money, because it will be a large amount, is not a huge deal. Both fanbases are known for being rabid and being supportive. He probably went to a better scheme in Buffalo than in Denver (for him).

But that's not what he's talking about. He's talking about falling short of a goal, a goal that he feels he was deserving off. A goal that many felt he was worthy of as well.

He's not crying over money like the greedy owners or the player reps. He's not crying over how many balls are getting thrown his way like a diva WR.

He's venting frustration, probably with a mic in his face, mind you, that he fell short of where he wanted to be.

To me this looks like average NFL ego, not arrogance.

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 12:26 PM
He's just pissed because he has to live half the year in buffalo.

Once he discovers buffalo wings everything will be alright.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
You're looking at it with clarity and a scope that a 22 year old is going to be hard pressed to have.

In reality, both Buffalo and Denver are in a mess right now. The difference in money, because it will be a large amount, is not a huge deal. Both fanbases are known for being rabid and being supportive. He probably went to a better scheme in Buffalo than in Denver (for him).

But that's not what he's talking about. He's talking about falling short of a goal, a goal that he feels he was deserving off. A goal that many felt he was worthy of as well.

He's not crying over money like the greedy owners or the player reps. He's not crying over how many balls are getting thrown his way like a diva WR.

He's venting frustration, probably with a mic in his face, mind you, that he fell short of where he wanted to be.

To me this looks like average NFL ego, not arrogance.

Then the average NFL ego is arrogance, and values are in the toilet.

He fell short of being drafted #1, so he's frustrated? Wow.

Oh, I do feel soooo sorry for him. Oh, but I do.

No, I don't . . .

-----

Poet
05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Top, you are kind of an angry and bitter man.

Put it to you this way, IF he wanted to go to Denver, and he did not, AND he was ALRIGHT with it, then that would tell me that he would probably be a softie and a big potential as a bust.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Put it to you this way, IF he wanted to go to Denver, and he did not, AND he was ALRIGHT with it, then that would tell me that he would probably be a softie and a big potential as a bust.

Right. I am an angry and bitter man because I don't identify with arrogance and ungratefulness.

I am an angry and bitter man because I appreciate thankfulness and humility.

Here's advice from another angry and bitter man: Philippians 4:11.

That's it for me. Sorry I darkened your day with my anger and bitterness . . .

-----

Poet
05-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ight....

I still love you old timer, but either I need a sammich or you need some prune juice.

Cheers.

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ight....

I still love you old timer, but either I need a sammich or you need some prune juice.

Cheers.

I don't know if Top like prune juice but he might settle for a beer instead. :beer:

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Theres nothing wrong with what Dareus said. It happens all the time from confident rookies and has been so common I take it as norm.

Peyton told the Colts in 98' that if they passed on him, he would kick thier ass for the next 15 years. Never mistake confidence for arrogance especially with top NFL picks, like Dareus. These guys are the best of the best.

zbeg
05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Theres nothing wrong with what Dareus said. It happens all the time from confident rookies and has been so common I take it as norm.

Peyton told the Colts in 98' that if they passed on him, he would kick thier ass for the next 15 years. Never mistake confidence for arrogance especially with top NFL picks, like Dareus. These guys are the best of the best.

And when Tom Brady was drafted, he told the owner Robert Kraft that it was one of the best moves the franchise has ever made.

I don't mind a player who has a ton of confidence - it's part of what drives them to be the best. Of course he's going to have to back it up on the field, but it's pretty rare to find someone who is among the best players who doesn't act like he's the best. They are the best, and they know it, and they act the part. That's the way it is, and that's the way it should be. I don't want a rookie who's a shrinking violet, especially at a physical position like DT.

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 04:20 PM

Ask any top 5 pick, they all think they should be the #1 pick.
Everybody else, "I'll be happy wherever I end up".