PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2008 re-draft

Dean
05-15-2011, 07:27 PM
I find it interesting how well, talent wise, we did in 2006 and 2008. I see that I am not the only one who thinks so. However, only two of those players remain Broncos. We even got rid of the people responsible for making those picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6528474

What do you think?

TXBRONC
05-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I find it interesting how well, talent wise, we did in 2006 and 2008. I see that I am not the only one who thinks so. However, only two of those players remain Broncos. We even got rid of the people responsible for making those picks.

What do you think?

I think Joshy stunk as head coach and was way to immature to handle the responsibility that was handed to him.

Tned
05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, based on their revaluing the draft, they have the Broncos as having the 5th best set of drafts from '06-'08.

I think Joshy stunk as head coach and was way to immature to handle the responsibility that was handed to him.

Umm, that's joshy without the capital J.

TXBRONC
05-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Well, based on their revaluing the draft, they have the Broncos as having the 5th best set of drafts from '06-'08.

Umm, that's joshy without the capital J.

I hate it when I make mistakes like that. :tsk:

BroncoStud
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM

What do you think?

I like the concept but the mere fact that Cortland Finnegan would go ahead of guys like Hali and Hawk in the re-draft is insanity.

Lonestar
05-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Actually a pretty good article, would love to see his take of the prior six years

But a outside of hillis who was a +221 and perhaps the only one worthy of praise. The rest "upgrades" were well blind luck IMO.

Getting rid of them was a necessary thing because they were dysfunctional.

Now doom we will see if he can really play DE after all and just how many running tackles he makes this year. Because unless there is a massive upgrade at DT we are nit going to be facing many pass plays.

TXBRONC
05-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Actually a pretty good article, would love to see his take of the prior six years

But a outside of hillis who was a +221 and perhaps the only one worthy of praise. The rest "upgrades" were well blind luck IMO.

Getting rid of them was a necessary thing because they were dysfunctional.

Now doom we will see if he can really play DE after all and just how many running tackles he makes this year. Because unless there is a massive upgrade at DT we are nit going to be facing many pass plays.

If joshy had kept them he might still have a job.

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:57 PM
If joshy had kept them he might still have a job.

Besides leading the Broncos to one of the worst win/loss stretches in team history (or the worst, can't remember now) after the 6-0 stretch, and his infamous sequel -- Spygate II: return to cheating form, I think some of the player moves were the nails in his coffin. Ironically, the slow, short yardage back that was 'dumb as bricks' according to some, may have been the bit that really ended his tenure.

It doesn't make front office management happy when every week the talking heads are talking about where the Hillis + 6th round pick for Quinn ranked on the all time worst trades list.

TXBRONC
05-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Besides leading the Broncos to one of the worst win/loss stretches in team history (or the worst, can't remember now) after the 6-0 stretch, and his infamous sequel -- Spygate II: return to cheating form, I think some of the player moves were the nails in his coffin. Ironically, the slow, short yardage back that was 'dumb as bricks' according to some, may have been the bit that really ended his tenure.

It doesn't make front office management happy when every week the talking heads are talking about where the Hillis + 6th round pick for Quinn ranked on the all time worst trades list.

I think moving Cutler was more of a problem. However, moving that dumb as a box of rocks running back is probably a close second.

Lonestar
05-15-2011, 11:23 PM

Yep devising history again. Had it not been for yet another couple of. Injuries to the guys above him on the depth chart most of those talking heads were thinking if was a dame d good deal when it was made.

Frankly I liked the kid and was happy for him as he would have a better chance to play in CLE.

Tned
05-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Yep devising history again. Had it not been for yet another couple of. Injuries to the guys above him on the depth chart most of those talking heads were thinking if was a dame d good deal when it was made.

Frankly I liked the kid and was happy for him as he would have a better chance to play in CLE.

I'm not sure what you mean about devising history.

As to the guys above him on the depth chart, that shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. Yes, there were injuries, specifically to their rookie RB, but it was made clear from the day Mangini traded for him that he was going to be given a chance to compete for carries. He wasn't handed the starting job, but he was giving a 'shot' at earning carries from day one, which was all the kid needed.

Juriga72
05-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Can we go back far enough to pick Tom Brady in the first round in 200?

I mean just think where we'd be now!!!!! Deltha or Tom...."No brainer"..IMHO

TXBRONC
05-16-2011, 06:59 AM

As to the guys above him on the depth chart, that shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. Yes, there were injuries, specifically to their rookie RB, but it was made clear from the day Mangini traded for him that he was going to be given a chance to compete for carries. He wasn't handed the starting job, but he was giving a 'shot' at earning carries from day one, which was all the kid needed.

I don't follow the Cleveland Browns but I knew that Mangini said right after the trade that Hillis would get a chance to compete for the starting job. Even so what the heck does it matter how got his shot? When the opportunity arose he made the most of it. It was no shock to me that Hillis was as productive as he was in Cleveland.

atwater27
05-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Can we go back far enough to pick Tom Brady in the first round in 200?

I mean just think where we'd be now!!!!! Deltha or Tom...."No brainer"..IMHO

Too bad all 32 teams passed on him several times over.... including the Pats. Come on, if they knew he would be that good he would have been their 1st rounder.

TXBRONC
05-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Too bad all 32 teams passed on him several times over.... including the Pats. Come on, if they knew he would be that good he would have been their 1st rounder.

That's exactly what Scott Pioli said.

rcsodak
05-16-2011, 11:27 AM

I suggest we rate that trade after 3yrs, as well, T. One yr doesn't make a stud.

rcsodak
05-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Revising, tx.

Dean
05-17-2011, 08:00 PM

Here is what Mangini had to say to Peyton.

Browns coach Eric Mangini said when he informed Hillis of the trade on March 14, he said, "There's no reason that you couldn't come here and have 1,000 yards and be a core part of the offense."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/11/post_62.html

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 08:07 PM

Interesting. :2thumbs:

Tned
05-17-2011, 08:15 PM

I hadn't read that exact article, but saw that quote in others. What was real interesting in this article was that Mangini said it started when McDaniel's let it be known he was shopping schefler, Marshall and Hillis.

Lonestar
05-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Believe what you wish TNED pretty sure that hillis did squat until the other two was hurt.
you know coach speak when you hear it.
Was he supposed to say our gonna be setting on the bench till everyone was hurt?

I followed him also as a former adoptee.

Maybe it took him that long to learn the playbook. :laugh:

Tned
05-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Believe what you wish TNED pretty sure that hillis did squat until the other two was hurt.
you know coach speak when you hear it.
Was he supposed to say our gonna be setting on the bench till everyone was hurt?

I followed him also as a former adoptee.

Maybe it took him that long to learn the playbook. :laugh:

He could have talked to him about the fullback position if that was his expected role. I know, I know, your God McDaniels could do no wrong so it's easier to insult players he failed to properly evaluate.

Hey, but McDaniels did win 5 of his final 22 games. That was in inspirational run, but hey, Hillis is the dumb one.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2011, 08:42 PM
actually, Hillis was showing a strong showing for the starting role during TCs when he was becoming a fan favorite in Cleveland..... much like he did in Denver.

Tned
05-17-2011, 08:45 PM
actually, Hillis was showing a strong showing for the starting role during TCs when he was becoming a fan favorite in Cleveland..... much like he did in Denver.

Come on, having his runs go viral on YouTube and making the ESPN highlights is just devised history. Clearly he had no shot to ever get a carry in Cleveland without three or four backs goin down in front of him. :laugh:

Lonestar
05-17-2011, 08:47 PM
He could have talked to him about the fullback position if that was his expected role. I know, I know, your God McDaniels could do know wrong so it's easier to insult players he failed to properly evaluate.

Hey, but McDaniels did win 5 of his final 22 games. That was in inspirational run, but hey, Hillis is the dumb one.

Revising what I have said agian

My God is Jesus Christ, his Dad and the Holy Ghost. The trinity.

Please remember that.

I suspect it was Bobby t that did not evaluate him correctly both for mikey and Josh.
Or he got it correct and hillis was dumber than a box of rocks who took half a season to learn the FB playbook.

But what can I say that would ever sway you on your quest to demonize Josh.

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
He could have talked to him about the fullback position if that was his expected role. I know, I know, your God McDaniels could do no wrong so it's easier to insult players he failed to properly evaluate.

Hillis is sent packing and has a pro bowl season with his new team. joshy's team can only win 3 games he gets caught cheating and lying and Hillis is the dumb one? :rofl:

Tned
05-17-2011, 08:53 PM

Please remember that.

I suspect it was Bobby t that did not evaluate him correctly both for mikey and Josh.
Or he got it correct and hillis was dumber than a box of rocks who took half a season to learn the FB playbook.

What would it take for you to let loose of joshy's jock?

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 09:07 PM

Bottom line it was dumb ass move by joshy to trade him. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
05-17-2011, 10:40 PM

Please remember that.

:lol: Wow... its just amazing the lil stories you make up in your head and then continue to believe them as fact. Its always the same words from you... "I suspect..." and you make up this fairy tale in your head. It's unbelievable. I've seen children do this about monsters in the closet, but you continue to just make stuff up out of thin air.

I mean... wow.

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 07:02 AM
:lol: Wow... its just amazing the lil stories you make up in your head and then continue to believe them as fact. Its always the same words from you... "I suspect..." and you make up this fairy tale in your head. It's unbelievable. I've seen children do this about monsters in the closet, but you continue to just make stuff up out of thin air.

I mean... wow.

Turner misevaluated Hillis? I doubt it. That's like saying it was Turner decision as to who would get carries in game with a control freak like McDaniels around. Just go and watch the end of the draft interview with EFX. Xanders talks about how he enjoyed be more involved the process than he was the past couple of years. If joshy wasn't going to let others be involved in the draft process it's doubtful he would trust anyone to do anything else.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Turner misevaluated Hillis? I doubt it. That's like saying it was Turner decision as to who would get carries in game with a control freak like McDaniels around. Just go and watch the end of the draft interview with EFX. Xanders talks about how he enjoyed be more involved the process than he was the past couple of years. If joshy wasn't going to let others be involved in the draft process it's doubtful he would trust anyone to do anything else.

Its just ignorantly absurd to think that McD's offense was more complex than Shanahan's.

Mangini came from NE as well as Joshy boy, and am pretty sure their offensive system is just as complex as Joshy's... yet again he's performing at pro-bowl level. Josh just refused to keep any offensive playmakers that were not his draft choices. His arrogance was, by far, his biggest downfall. I've never seen such arrogance.

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Its just ignorantly absurd to think that McD's offense was more complex than Shanahan's.

Mangini came from NE as well as Joshy boy, and am pretty sure their offensive system is just as complex as Joshy's... yet again he's performing at pro-bowl level. Josh just refused to keep any offensive playmakers that were not his draft choices. His arrogance was, by far, his biggest downfall. I've never seen such arrogance.

Absolutey it's incorrect to think that McDaniels system was more complex. What's really absurd is McDaniels saying he wanted a power running game and then saying a power running back didn't fit his system.