PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets - South stands second level or 5th level?

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Ok, my name has come up on the waiting list. I didn't expect to get the call for another 3-5 years.

I have a choice between the 2nd level corners of the south stands (228, 229, 235, 236) or on the 5th level between the 20-30 yard lines (506, 510, 532, 536).

So, what do you guys think? South stands corner endzone or upper deck sideline?

Also, for games I am not able to make, will there be any difference between the upper and south stands in terms of being able to sell them through the ticket exchange?

chazoe60
05-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Ok, my name has come up on the waiting list. I didn't expect to get the call for another 3-5 years.

I have a choice between the 2nd level corners of the south stands (228, 229, 235, 236) or on the 5th level between the 20-30 yard lines (506, 510, 532, 536).

So, what do you guys think? South stands corner endzone or upper deck sideline?

Also, for games I am not able to make, will there be any difference between the upper and south stands in terms of being able to sell them through the ticket exchange?

I probably won't be telling you anything you don't already know but:
The 5th level seats, while further from the action, are probably the better all around view of the entire game. But, the south stands are renown for the camraderieship of the regulars. I always have a ton of fun sitting in the SS. And the view will be better there when the action is in the South part of the field, just a problem when they're going away from you.

I realize that I didn't help at all, sorry.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Congrats on having your name come up!

BroncoWave
05-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I've never been to a game at Invesco, but I have been to NFL games with seats in similar sections to both of what you mentioned and I would prefer the level 5 sideline seats myself. I like actually being able to see the game if I'm going to spend all that cash on tickets.

BroncoJoe
05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
You can check out the seat views here:

http://www.seatdata.com/html/nfl_broncos/pick_section_nfl_broncos.htm

EDIT: You get a thumbnail pic and don't have to sign up for that.

threefolddead
05-15-2011, 11:16 AM
The south stands are freakin amazing to sit in. They are a lot more fun to sit in then the rest of the stadium. Thats where I would get em at!

Tned
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
You can check out the seat views here:

http://www.seatdata.com/html/nfl_broncos/pick_section_nfl_broncos.htm

EDIT: You get a thumbnail pic and don't have to sign up for that.

I actually signed up for it last night, since it was only $10 for the year.

Anyway, in the end I decided to go south stands. I do think the view of the full field won't be as good, but I will still be watching most of the games on TV and when I do go, I think it will be a better overall experience. Especially, since the 5th level seats were all row 34 or 35.

I might have had more options, but apparently they tried to reach me by email initially, but there was a typo in my email. So, after not hearing from me, they sent a flyer out. Not sure what seats I lost out on because of the delay.

underrated29
05-15-2011, 08:36 PM
I probably won't be telling you anything you don't already know but:
The 5th level seats, while further from the action, are probably the better all around view of the entire game. But, the south stands are renown for the camraderieship of the regulars. I always have a ton of fun sitting in the SS. And the view will be better there when the action is in the South part of the field, just a problem when they're going away from you.

I realize that I didn't help at all, sorry.

Alright Bubby Brister

BeefStew25
05-15-2011, 09:16 PM
War section 524!

BroncoStud
05-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I actually signed up for it last night, since it was only $10 for the year.

Anyway, in the end I decided to go south stands. I do think the view of the full field won't be as good, but I will still be watching most of the games on TV and when I do go, I think it will be a better overall experience. Especially, since the 5th level seats were all row 34 or 35.

I might have had more options, but apparently they tried to reach me by email initially, but there was a typo in my email. So, after not hearing from me, they sent a flyer out. Not sure what seats I lost out on because of the delay.

Good choice dude. Congrats.

Tned
05-15-2011, 09:28 PM
War section 524!

I knew there was something pushing me away from the 5th level... ;)

BeefStew25
05-15-2011, 10:14 PM
As Bailey said, you can see the entire field. Our view is the view the quality control coaches use. That is how Tubby and I are able to grade our players as the play happens.

Also, this was awesome from 524. Our whole section was pleading with Buck to get left. Kind of tough to see low or from the sideline:

hw-rdo6HSmk

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
As Bailey said, you can see the entire field. Our view is the view the quality control coaches use. That is how Tubby and I are able to grade our players as the play happens.

Also, this was awesome from 524. Our whole section was pleading with Buck to get left. Kind of tough to see low or from the sideline:

hw-rdo6HSmk

Yea, the high endzone cam is what they use in a lot of the film breakdown like on AFC Playbook. I did check, there are quite a few options in the high endzone, like 521, dead on to the north.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I knew there was something pushing me away from the 5th level... ;)

Dang man, 535 would have been right at the 50. You're view would have been awesome. That's right about where I was last year. You can see everything.

I thought to myself that's exactly where I would want season tickets if I ever got them. It's just not too practical living in Idaho.

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:24 PM
P.S. Since Tubby doesn't like me, I figure we would need at least 6 sections of separation so that I don't spoil his game. :lol:

BeefStew25
05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
P.S. Since Tubby doesn't like me, I figure we would need at least 6 sections of separation so that I don't spoil his game. :lol:

He is a rock on gamedays.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
I wonder if there are a lot of season tickets holders giving up there seats. You're one of several people I've seen surface with this news in the last few days.

Tned
Dang man, 535 would have been right at the 50. You're view would have been awesome. That's right about where I was last year. You can see everything.

I thought to myself that's exactly where I would want season tickets if I ever got them. It's just not too practical living in Idaho.

535 wasn't available, 532, 536, 506 and 510, which are between the 20-30 yard lines depending on where the seats are. Also, they are all way up, rows 34 or 35. Not sure if that's the very top, or just close to it.

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
He is a rock on gamedays.

Maybe we can meet up for a beer before a game one of these days and I can buy the rock a beer.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
535 wasn't available, 532, 536, 506 and 510, which are between the 20-30 yard lines depending on where the seats are. Also, they are all way up, rows 34 or 35. Not sure if that's the very top, or just close to it.

It's close, but the view is still amazing. I think I was row 32. I was actually shocked by how well you can see.

I admit that I was a little winded though. I wasn't use to the elevation for one, and it was a record high that day (the Seattle game), so for convenience I can see why you would choose the South Stands.

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:33 PM
I wonder if there are a lot of season tickets holders giving up there seats. You're one of several people I've seen surface with this news in the last few days.

That's my guess. I'm guessing from the Colt's blowouts, to the Jay v. Jake days, to the '08 collapse, to the historic debacle known as the McDaniels era, combined with the bad economy, people must be giving up seasons tickets much more often than normal.

I was on the list for only 5 years. When I got on the list it was supposed to be around 30k people and they were saying 10-15 years. So, I figured even with with the bad times, I wouldn't have my name come up for 3-5 more years (8-10 years). Was pretty shocked when my wife handed me the mailing on Friday. She had opened it and seen what it was, so I'm also glad she didn't throw it out. The only thing she said was "I am ok with you getting two seats, but four is too expensive" or something like that.

BeefStew25
05-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Maybe we can meet up for a beer before a game one of these days and I can buy the rock a beer.

Dec 11

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:36 PM
It's close, but the view is still amazing. I think I was row 32. I was actually shocked by how well you can see.

I admit that I was a little winded though. I wasn't use to the elevation for one, and it was a record high that day (the Seattle game), so for convenience I can see why you would choose the South Stands.

I went to the London game last year (looked for Tubby, but never saw him) and I was in seat probably equivalent to the 5th level seats I could have chosen (around the 25 yard line, a few rows from the top of Wembley stadium). I was also surprised at how well I could make everything out. That's the reason I really hesitated and thought about the 500's.

I'm pretty sure that if I wind up not liking the south stands, I will likely be able to downgrade to someplace on the 5th level in a season or two.

Tned
05-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Dec 11

That's one of the games I've thought about flying to Denver for, since I think the stadium will be rocking with Cutler in the house. There's a 50/50 chance I will be in England that week. If I don't have to be in the UK, I think I will go to that game and/or the 18th against the Pats.

KCL
05-15-2011, 11:12 PM
That's one of the games I've thought about flying to Denver for, since I think the stadium will be rocking with Cutler in the house. There's a 50/50 chance I will be in England that week. If I don't have to be in the UK, I think I will go to that game and/or the 18th against the Pats.

Damn..you're loaded...not liquor I mean...;)

Lonestar
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Was a south stander for along time and then switched to the upper deck at mile high.

Regretted that move almost from he gitgo although it was warmer up there as the wind from the nw skipped over my portion and hit about 15 rows below me.

Missed the rowdy fans there and the friends I made.

Tned
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Damn..you're loaded...not liquor I mean...;)

I wish. Work pays for the Euro trips, since it's work. I'm hoping I can sell the tickets I can't go to (hopefully, bought by Broncos fans). I had put my name on the list figuring I would buy tickets around 2016 or later. Thinking I might be at a place where I could take a couple week long trips to Denver on back to back game weekends, getting four games in.

Gotta adapt when the curve ball comes.

zbeg
05-16-2011, 12:03 AM

It's not too bad to have season tickets as an out-of-towner if you find yourself going back to Denver semi-regularly.

I forget when exactly I got on the waiting list - it was when Elway was still playing. I got the call two years ago, almost a decade after I'd moved from Fort Collins to Seattle. But I can sell my tickets as a profit on the ticket exchange, and when I go home to visit family, I have access to my own season tickets. I actually come out ahead on the deal, moneywise, since the tickets tend to sell for a lot more than face value.

Nothing quite like going to the new Mile High and sitting in your own seats. "Denver Broncos season ticket holder" was a lifelong dream of mine, so it's pretty awesome to finally be one, even if I don't live in Colorado anymore.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2011, 12:23 AM
It's not too bad to have season tickets as an out-of-towner if you find yourself going back to Denver semi-regularly.

I forget when exactly I got on the waiting list - it was when Elway was still playing. I got the call two years ago, almost a decade after I'd moved from Fort Collins to Seattle. But I can sell my tickets as a profit on the ticket exchange, and when I go home to visit family, I have access to my own season tickets. I actually come out ahead on the deal, moneywise, since the tickets tend to sell for a lot more than face value.

Nothing quite like going to the new Mile High and sitting in your own seats. "Denver Broncos season ticket holder" was a lifelong dream of mine, so it's pretty awesome to finally be one, even if I don't live in Colorado anymore.

Yeah, I've actually started considering that...

I've heard stories of guys having a hard time recovering their money in the recession, but they're club level seats.

I think may just go ahead and put my name on the list and see what happens.

zbeg
05-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I've actually started considering that...

I've heard stories of guys having a hard time recovering their money in the recession, but they're club level seats.

I think may just go ahead and put my name on the list and see what happens.

Yeah, and by the time you get your seats, we will have enough time to recover from this recession, go into another one, and recover from that! :-)

FWIW, I haven't had any problem recovering my money so far. My tickets are in the upper level of the north endzone. Face value is $42 apiece. Pretty affordable, and pretty easy to turn around.

chazoe60
05-16-2011, 07:02 AM
What is the actual cost? Maybe I'll just have to take the plunge. It seems like the wait is at it's all time shortest.

Tned
05-16-2011, 07:21 AM
What is the actual cost? Maybe I'll just have to take the plunge. It seems like the wait is at it's all time shortest.

The ones available right now range from $430-770.

Field/Plaza Level - End Zone US $770.00

Thunder CO - Between 20 Yard Lines US $630.00

Thunder CO - Corner End Zone to 20 Yard Line US $580.00

Thunder CO - North End Zone US $420.00

Thunder, CO = 500 level seats. There are two areas that are more expensive (not including the club level which you can buy without a waiting list), but my guess is that the first level sideline seats are never available to new season ticket holders, because existing season ticket holders would first get a chance to upgrade to those seats, before they are offered to know people.

BigDaddyBronco
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Just come by the tailgate. Starts at 8 am. You can help chop wood.

Tned
05-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Just come by the tailgate. Starts at 8 am. You can help chop wood.

That sounds like work.

rcsodak
05-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Are there no PSL's?

Tned
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Are there no PSL's?

No, Broncos don't have those. The only commitment they have is for the club level seats where you have to commit to x number of years, but even that isn't a real seat license.

BigDaddyBronco
05-16-2011, 01:46 PM
That sounds like work.

Don't worry, Nut is pretty good at it and handles most of it. Helps him get over the hangover from the night before.

rcsodak
05-16-2011, 03:15 PM
No, Broncos don't have those. The only commitment they have is for the club level seats where you have to commit to x number of years, but even that isn't a real seat license.

Did they used to? I coulda swore mtman making a big todoo over it back in the day.

BeefStew25
05-16-2011, 03:23 PM
PSL's are the devil.

Tned
05-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Did they used to? I coulda swore mtman making a big todoo over it back in the day.

I don't think so, but he had the club level season tickets so he paid about 2-4 times as much as normal season tickets (no waiting list for those), plus I think you have a security deposit per seat of $500 or so, and one of the big things is you have to sign a lease. I've heard people talk about 3, 5 and 7 years, but I don't know what determines that. If you back out before that time, reportedly the Broncos will sue you to honor your contract.

sneakers
05-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I have been there once....the broncos lost to the Chargers, blowing a 14 point 3rd quarter lead on Sunday night football.

broken12
05-17-2011, 01:05 PM
yup i just got mine section 232 seats 2345 row twelve 3550 was total

Tned
05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
yup i just got mine section 232 seats 2345 row twelve 3550 was total

Dang, what solo, ticket owning bum is keeping you fron being on the aisle? :lol:

I wish my email had been correct. I'm not sure what delay there was between when they tried to contact me via email to when I got the mailing, and therefore how many rows it cost me in seat selection.

broken12
05-17-2011, 05:24 PM
not much i hope, that sucks i didnt get the isle

Tned
05-18-2011, 08:05 AM
If I stay at a hotel somewhere in the 16th street mall area, how easy is the public transport options? Is light rail the only/best option? How mobbed is it leaving the stadium?

broken12
05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
i live bout three hrs away i'll drive day of game and park off of 21 st usually boit 15 20 bucks ........