PDA

View Full Version : The Future Qb of Denver - Mike and Mike

NorCalBronco7
05-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Quinn has no shot of winning it.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1&id=6539787 (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?
callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1&id=6539787)

chazoe60
05-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Quinn does have a chance. There is no reason he doesn't.

If Elway truly does believe in Quinn the way it is reported is almost a death nail for Orton's chances to remain a Bronco.

BTW- Yippee! Yay! Yay!

NorCalBronco7
05-13-2011, 10:26 PM

If Elway truly does believe in Quinn the way it is reported is almost a death nail for Orton's chances to remain a Bronco.

BTW- Yippee! Yay! Yay!

Not even Quinn's mother has hope for her little boy ever starting for the Broncos. Quinn has about the same chance as Tebow throwing passes right handed next season.

You must really believe in this guy, Chaz. Is it his good looks or weak arm that intrigue you? :laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
05-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Quinn has no shot of winning it.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1&id=6539787 (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?
callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1&id=6539787)

Why not? Because he's not Kyle Orton? I'd take Quinn's production in the games he started in Cleveland over Orton's rookie season in Chicago with a MUCH better team.

Quinn has as much chance to start as either of the other two. The funny thing is, coming out of college, Quinn was the most "prototype" of the three. He's a better true pocket passer than Tebow and much more mobile and stronger than Orton.

I can't see why he wouldn't at least get a chance. He might just surprise some folks.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-13-2011, 11:11 PM

BTW- Yippee! Yay! Yay!

yCFB2akLh4s

NorCalBronco7
05-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Why not? Because he's not Kyle Orton? I'd take Quinn's production in the games he started in Cleveland over Orton's rookie season in Chicago with a MUCH better team.

Quinn has as much chance to start as either of the other two. The funny thing is, coming out of college, Quinn was the most "prototype" of the three. He's a better true pocket passer than Tebow and much more mobile and stronger than Orton.

I can't see why he wouldn't at least get a chance. He might just surprise some folks.

Because he a terrible Qb.

Thats why Tebow, the "least prototypical Qb" started over him as a rookie in preseason......:coffee:

NorCalBronco7
05-13-2011, 11:18 PM
:lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
05-13-2011, 11:19 PM

Thats why Tebow, the "least prototypical Qb" started over him as a rookie in preseason......:coffee:

Or, it could be that Tebow was McDaniels' project and that's why he started.

I'd be willing to bet that put in the same situation, Quinn outplayed what Orton would've done in Cleveland.

NorCalBronco7
05-13-2011, 11:24 PM

I'd be willing to bet that put in the same situation, Quinn outplayed what Orton would've done in Cleveland.

Or we can just keep coming up with excuses and hypotheticals for Quinn. Either way, it doesnt look good....

Northman
05-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I hope Quinn wins the job just so i can see NoCal have a metldown because of it. I mean seriously, do we really need a thread on this? Really? lmao

HORSEPOWER 56
05-14-2011, 12:04 AM
I hope Quinn wins the job just so i can see NoCal have a metldown because of it. I mean seriously, do we really need a thread on this? Really? lmao

It is rather funny to see folks get bent out of shape at the thought of Brady Quinn...

None shall challenge Orton's dominance of mediocrity!

NorCalBronco7
05-14-2011, 12:14 AM

Whos head WOULDNT explode, North?

http://www.one4theotherthumb.com/images/stories/brady-quinn-all-man.jpg

And you want Quinn to win the job? LOL. :rofl:

NorCalBronco7
05-14-2011, 12:21 AM
It is rather funny to see folks get bent out of shape at the thought of Brady Quinn...

None shall challenge Orton's dominance of mediocrity!

Id trade Orton in a heartbeat for a decent deal and Id like to see Tebow as the starter next year. I guess some fans think if you believe Ortons an above average Qb it means you must also suck his dick.

Looks like your the one bent out of shape......:coffee:

BroncoStud
05-14-2011, 12:26 AM

Orton also got benched for Tebow, that isn't saying much against Quinn.

NorCalBronco7
05-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Orton also got benched for Tebow, that isn't saying much against Quinn.

Was the coaches motive to start Tebow because he gave the Broncos a better chance to win or was Tebow thrown in as a rookie 1st round draft choice at the end of a losing season to get valuable NFL experience?

Ill go with the latter.

Shananahan
05-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Anybody who tries to seriously defend the possibility of Quinn becoming the starter is either arguing for the sake of arguing or trolling. Just because he technically has the same 'chance' doesn't mean the likelihood that he will isn't still zero.

chazoe60
05-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Anybody who tries to seriously defend the possibility of Quinn becoming the starter is either arguing for the sake of arguing or trolling. Just because he technically has the same 'chance' doesn't mean the likelihood that he will isn't still zero.

So, is Elway a troll or does he just like to argue?

silkamilkamonico
05-14-2011, 01:47 AM
If Quinn is starting, it's only because this organization continues to backslide in the decision making, talent, and offensive "system". Quinn has been f'n horrible in the last 2 preseaon games. Pathetic.

NorCalBronco7
05-14-2011, 01:55 AM

And you believe NFL management always talks honestly about their players......:coffee:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2011, 03:10 AM

I think Elway is a smart business man. Doesn't he have a business degree from Stanford?

I think he's telling the truth that Quinn will be given a chance to compete. However, I don't believe he necessarily believes Quinn will win the job....I could be wrong, but that's my take....and my youtube post was freakin hilarious, you should just admit it now. :lol:

Northman
05-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Whos head WOULDNT explode, North?

http://www.one4theotherthumb.com/images/stories/brady-quinn-all-man.jpg

And you want Quinn to win the job? LOL. :rofl:

We have two mediocre to bad QB's and a rookie. Like there's ANY QB that stands out right now. I just want Quinn to win so i can laugh at you some more and why your shitting yourself so bad over nothing really.

Northman
05-14-2011, 07:47 AM
I think Elway is a smart business man. Doesn't he have a business degree from Stanford?

I think he's telling the truth that Quinn will be given a chance to compete. However, I don't believe he necessarily believes Quinn will win the job....I could be wrong, but that's my take....and my youtube post was freakin hilarious, you should just admit it now. :lol:

Great post and totally on the money. Why it is though that NoCal is shitting himself over it is beyond me. :lol:

TXBRONC
05-14-2011, 08:13 AM

I think Mortensen is one of least trustworthy sources when comes to reporting on what's going on with the Broncos.

Northman
05-14-2011, 08:14 AM
I think Mortensen is one of least trustworthy sources when comes to reporting on what's going on with the Broncos.

Oh, im sure of it. I just find it hilarious that someone would get this worked up over a 3rd string QB. :lol:

TXBRONC
05-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Oh, im sure of it. I just find it hilarious that someone would get this worked up over a 3rd string QB. :lol:

Yeah NorCal should just take Mortensen with a grain of salt.

GEM
05-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Needed to be sherlock freaking holmes to figure ou Quinn isn't our starter anytime in the future.

hamrob
05-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm a Quinn fan. I was hoping that we would trade for him some how. Then we did...and oh what a price!

Quinn has the talent...there's no doubt. He was a stud at ND. A guy who I thought would end up being picked #1 overall...having played for Weiss.

Then, for whatever reason, he looked absolutely terrible last preseason. There is no way to defend how poor he looked on the football field last year. His footballs looked like he was pitching grenades out there. Could it have been the offense? Was he down, because we drafted Tebow? I don't know...but, he looked like crap and that can't be denied.

BroncoJoe
05-14-2011, 09:42 AM
On the flip side, Simms looked terrific in preseason, and stunk it up when he got playing time.

Maybe Quinn is the opposite? :)

tomjonesrocks
05-14-2011, 10:19 AM
If Quinn is starting, it's only because this organization continues to backslide in the decision making, talent, and offensive "system". Quinn has been f'n horrible in the last 2 preseaon games. Pathetic.

He did look devastatingly awful in preseason--far worse than expected. However, Elway commented how shocked he was how poorly the backup QBs were prepared during the McD era. And Quinn actually had a period where it looked like he was coming around in Cleveland the season before he was unfortunately traded to Denver.

That said I'd prefer this team's next QB, backup or otherwise, to have a true NFL arm.

Ravage!!!
05-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't think that Quinn truly has the same chance as anyone else. I think that the FO/Elway would state that he does, OTHERWISE that would take away from it being an "open competition" for the starting job. That would mean they have already limited their choices, and have basically made a decision. Not something they want to let the fans in on, and certainly don't want to open the floodgates to the media for more questions and/or speculation.

So although Quinn might have the "same amount" of chance, really, he doesn't. I for one am thankful that he doesn't (although it would really be funny to watch NorCal TRY and defend that move as much as he tries to convince us that Orton is worth a shit).

broncofaninfla
05-14-2011, 10:52 AM
We were 4-12 last year, may the best man win at EVERY position, especially at QB. Should be a fun competition to watch especially if all 3 look good. That'll give us some serious trade bait for a quality DL or draft pick.

Northman
05-14-2011, 11:06 AM
We were 4-12 last year, may the best man win at EVERY position, especially at QB. Should be a fun competition to watch especially if all 3 look good. That'll give us some serious trade bait for a quality DL or draft pick.

Seriously, it isnt like we have Tom Brady or Peyton Manning on this team. Let the scrubs fight it out.

TXBRONC
05-14-2011, 11:17 AM

I just have a hard time seeing Quinn as serious competition.

Superchop 7
05-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Quinn was definately number 3 last year.

broncofaninfla
05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Honestly I haven't seen Quinn play enough at Denver to pass judgement on him. He looked good against Denver when we played him but so did every other QB who faced us that year. I'd like to see more of him to see where he truly stands. You have to remember we had possibly one of the worst evaluators in talent currently in the league in Mcd. He could have missed it on this kid too.

rcsodak
05-14-2011, 02:25 PM

You DO realize mcd was long gone when TT was picked over bquinn, right? ;)

rcsodak
05-14-2011, 02:27 PM
I hope Orton wins the job just so i can see Northman have a metldown because of it. I mean seriously, do we really need a thread on this? Really? lmao

:coffee:

rcsodak
05-14-2011, 02:32 PM
We have two mediocre to bad QB's and a rookie. Like there's ANY QB that stands out right now. I just want Quinn to win so i can laugh at you some more and why your shitting yourself so bad over nothing really.

That's grownup. :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
05-14-2011, 03:00 PM
That's grownup. :rolleyes:

You got a pot meet kettle thing going on RC.

Ravage!!!
05-14-2011, 03:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: says the guy that just edited someone else's post! :lol:

rcsodak
05-14-2011, 04:32 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: says the guy that just edited someone else's post! :lol:To make a point.

rcsodak
05-14-2011, 04:32 PM
You got a pot meet kettle thing going on RC.ditto, tx.

Shananahan
05-14-2011, 04:33 PM
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

TXBRONC
05-14-2011, 04:56 PM
ditto, tx.

Don't think so. I haven't been going around insulting people.

Tned
05-14-2011, 05:05 PM
I for one am glad we have Quinn on the roster rather than that slow, FB Hillis.

Northman
05-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Well, we do still have the one trick pony midget.

TXBRONC
05-14-2011, 05:13 PM

How important can a one trick pony be to a team? :confused:

Tned
05-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Yea, but he has glass pecs...

Northman
05-14-2011, 05:15 PM
How important can a one trick pony be to a team? :confused:

Depends.

When its the offseason not very important. But, when he gets hurt and your favorite HC is fired for being a moron it becomes very important evidently. :lol:

rcsodak
05-14-2011, 05:51 PM
see....some sarcasm is downright funny

rcsodak
05-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Don't think so. I haven't been going around insulting people.whatev, tx.

NorCalBronco7
05-14-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm a Quinn fan. I was hoping that we would trade for him some how. Then we did...and oh what a price!

Quinn has the talent...there's no doubt. He was a stud at ND. A guy who I thought would end up being picked #1 overall...having played for Weiss.

Then, for whatever reason, he looked absolutely terrible last preseason. There is no way to defend how poor he looked on the football field last year. His footballs looked like he was pitching grenades out there. Could it have been the offense? Was he down, because we drafted Tebow? I don't know...but, he looked like crap and that can't be denied.

Quinn has only a couple good good games in the NFL after 5 years. He's your typical bust. He stands no chance at all of beating out Tebow/Orton or even most, if not all, backups in the league. No chance he starts in Denver.

BroncoStud
05-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Was the coaches motive to start Tebow because he gave the Broncos a better chance to win or was Tebow thrown in as a rookie 1st round draft choice at the end of a losing season to get valuable NFL experience?

Ill go with the latter.

Either way Orton was still throwing 70 yard lasers in practice, right? Anyone who can do that on their deathbed deserves to start, regardless of record. :elefant:

Sinthor
05-15-2011, 12:14 AM

Only problem with that logic is that Tebow stayed the #2 once McD was gone, and since NEITHER of the backups got to work with the 1st team during the year, both TT and BQ were at equal disadvantages except that BQ was much more experienced. So if that was the case, or they made TT the #2 just so he could come into games in certain situations, surely they would have started BQ in those last three games.

Bottom line though...I'd hoped to see BQ playing over Orton, even after they drafted TT until I researched the guy and saw what he was all about beyond all the negatives that had been talked about pre-draft. I still think BQ could do good if given the chance, at least as good as Orton. So I wouldn't have a problem with BQ being TT's backup if TT wins the starting job. Especially since under FEX he'd no doubt get preparation to BE the backup. STILL shocks and dismays me that under McD we effectively had NO backup QB strategy in place!

Ravage!!!
05-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Especially since under FEX he'd no doubt get preparation to BE the backup. STILL shocks and dismays me that under McD we effectively had NO backup QB strategy in place!

Just further proof that McD had absolutely NOOoooo idea what he was doing.

Sinthor
05-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Just further proof that McD had absolutely NOOoooo idea what he was doing.

I hear that! Now we know why McD refused to play another QB in blowouts....no one was ready! We'd probably have really thought either of the two backups sucked TERRIBLY if they'd been thrown into those situations with absolutely no prep. Under those circumstances, even a full week's notice would have been not nearly enough. UNBELIEVABLE!

TXBRONC
05-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I hear that! Now we know why McD refused to play another QB in blowouts....no one was ready! We'd probably have really thought either of the two backups sucked TERRIBLY if they'd been thrown into those situations with absolutely no prep. Under those circumstances, even a full week's notice would have been not nearly enough. UNBELIEVABLE!

It leaves me absolutely befuddled why McDaniels wouldn't have his back up quarterback prepared just in case. It was foolish to say the least.

Tned
05-15-2011, 02:59 PM
It leaves me absolutely befuddled why McDaniels wouldn't have his back up quarterback prepared just in case. It was foolish to say the least.

He might have felt Orton needed all the reps to have any chance of succeeding on Sundays.

horsepig
05-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I've always wondered why some teams never seem to be able to develop a backup QB.
They don't even seem to know what their guy's floor is. Jusy look at the performance of Chicago's bu in NFCCG. That guy had no clue about ANYTHING.

How do run a NFL team all year and not see that Caleb Haney was a far, far superior player to that guy, I have no clue who he is, and don't really care. It's mind boggling that they had him #2 though.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I've always wondered why some teams never seem to be able to develop a backup QB.
They don't even seem to know what their guy's floor is. Jusy look at the performance of Chicago's bu in NFCCG. That guy had no clue about ANYTHING.

How do run a NFL team all year and not see that Caleb Haney was a far, far superior player to that guy, I have no clue who he is, and don't really care. It's mind boggling that they had him #2 though.

You have to remember that you can't exaggerate what Caleb did during that game. Clay Mathews, for Green Bay, said that once Cutler was out of the game, their defense completely changed and they just dropped back into a simple base defense.

But, apparently Haney has come into the game before, and the coaches do know what they have or what they don't. I just don't think the NFC Championship game is a true gauge.

However... Kurt Warner is another example. He was the third in GB, and then went to St. Louis where he was left for the expansion teams to take for "free" if they wanted.. and they passed not knowing who he was. Only until Green tore his achilles' did the coaching staff realize what a good game player Kurt was.

Lonestar
05-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Quinn has as much chance to start as either of the other two. The funny thing is, coming out of college, Quinn was the most "prototype" of the three. He's a better true pocket passer than Tebow and much more mobile and stronger than .

If y'all remember that Quinn was the QB tgT Josh first was looking for in a trade.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't think that's a good endorsement

Tned
05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
If y'all remember that Quinn was the QB tgT Josh first was looking for in a trade.

You're saying we should have known joshy was over his head all the way back then...

Northman
05-15-2011, 04:56 PM
You have to remember that you can't exaggerate what Caleb did during that game. Clay Mathews, for Green Bay, said that once Cutler was out of the game, their defense completely changed and they just dropped back into a simple base defense.

But, apparently Haney has come into the game before, and the coaches do know what they have or what they don't. I just don't think the NFC Championship game is a true gauge.

However... Kurt Warner is another example. He was the third in GB, and then went to St. Louis where he was left for the expansion teams to take for "free" if they wanted.. and they passed not knowing who he was. Only until Green tore his achilles' did the coaching staff realize what a good game player Kurt was.

One game never is, same with just one season. Look at Derek Anderson for an example. Its why im not buying the Brandon Lloyd hype just yet. Its why guys like Frank Reich had a few good games but not solid careers. GB planned for Jay Cutler, not Haney.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2011, 05:13 PM
One game never is, same with just one season. Look at Derek Anderson for an example. Its why im not buying the Brandon Lloyd hype just yet. Its why guys like Frank Reich had a few good games but not solid careers. GB planned for Jay Cutler, not Haney.

All good examples and why I'm not holding my breath with Lloyd, as well. But hoping for the best with it considering he's a Bronco now.

rcsodak
05-15-2011, 06:19 PM

That must be why TT did as good as he did, right? ;)

BroncoStud
05-15-2011, 08:56 PM

The difference: Even with Anderson's good season he had accuracy issues and forced a lot of throws that lucky went his way and were not intercepted. He never looked elite and his flaws were very apparent, even with his success.

With Lloyd, to me it looks like he just came into his own. He made receptions that only elite WRs make and he was the focus of the air attack. I didn't see any obvious flaws that made me think he was just fortunate. I think he got a chance and made the most of it. He must not be much of a practice WR but he sure has stepped up in live action.

I'm glad Lloyd is a Bronco. Rod Smith wasn't much until he got his chance either.

Tned
05-15-2011, 09:00 PM
The difference: Even with Anderson's good season he had accuracy issues and forced a lot of throws that lucky went his way and were not intercepted. He never looked elite and his flaws were very apparent, even with his success.

With Lloyd, to me it looks like he just came into his own. He made receptions that only elite WRs make and he was the focus of the air attack. I didn't see any obvious flaws that made me think he was just fortunate. I think he got a chance and made the most of it. He must not be much of a practice WR but he sure has stepped up in live action.

I'm glad Lloyd is a Bronco. Rod Smith wasn't much until he got his chance either.

The knock on Lloyd his first seven years was that he could make the spectacular catch, but not the routine ones. Last year, he made both. As a Bronco fan, I REALLY hope that something clicked and last year was a break out year, rather than an anomaly, but I am approaching it with guarded optimism.

BroncoStud
05-15-2011, 09:15 PM
The knock on Lloyd his first seven years was that he could make the spectacular catch, but not the routine ones. Last year, he made both. As a Bronco fan, I REALLY hope that something clicked and last year was a break out year, rather than an anomaly, but I am approaching it with guarded optimism.

Yeah we can only hope because he might be a free agent steal that will be productive for several more seasons.

TXBRONC
05-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah we can only hope because he might be a free agent steal that will be productive for several more seasons.

I was really concerned about Lloyd but he surprised the heck out of me. Like you Tned I wonder if this is just blip on the screen. I'm hoping it really was a breakout year for him.

Northman
05-16-2011, 02:42 AM

Exactly.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2011, 12:45 PM

I'm not convinced either, but the fact that he's in his prime and would probably like a contract with some security gives me optimism that he'll have another good year.

Traveler
05-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm not convinced either, but the fact that he's in his prime and would probably like a contract with some security gives me optimism that he'll have another good year.

I think he'll be okay as long as the offense doesn't change too much. From what I understand, our OC says it won't.

Man, I wish Demaryius Thomas wasn't so "breakable."

Would have been nice to see what he could do when completely healthy with Lloyd putting up similar numbers from last season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I think he'll be okay as long as the offense doesn't change too much. From what I understand, our OC says it won't.

Man, I wish Demaryius Thomas wasn't so "breakable."

Would have been nice to see what he could do when completely healthy with Lloyd putting up similar numbers from last season.

I know, I was really excited when we drafted DT. Physically, a WR isn't going to more gifted than he is, IMO.

I really hope his wheels come back. It's really unfortunate because I believe the foot injury he had while training for the combine was the only one he had in his college career.

MileHighCrew
05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
I was really concerned about Lloyd but he surprised the heck out of me. Like you Tned I wonder if this is just blip on the screen. I'm hoping it really was a breakout year for him.

Like Jose Bautista for the Blue Jay. Lets hope Lloyd works out as good as Jose has for the Jays in his follow up to his career year

TXBRONC
05-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Like Jose Bautista for the Blue Jay. Lets hope Lloyd works out as good as Jose has for the Jays in his follow up to his career year

Absolutely. Most things in the NFL don't surprised but what we got out Lloyd sure did. Like others I'm cautiously optimistic.

HammeredOut
05-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Id trade Orton in a heartbeat for a decent deal and Id like to see Tebow as the starter next year. I guess some fans think if you believe Ortons an above average Qb it means you must also suck his dick.

Looks like your the one bent out of shape......:coffee:

I'd like to see Tebow start aswell, he is about the worst 1st round pick since Ryan Leaf. Tim "The Catapult Release" Tebow, would look great leading us to the first overall pick in next years draft. It would be ideal to trade Orton, so when everybody realizes how crappy Tebow is as Quarterback and we sit him week 6, and all we have left is Quinn, we should be able to dial up Andrew Luck first overall next season.

Tim (gone to the store, came home and drank 6 beers before he throws the ball) Tebow is second tier, and not worthy of a bean fart.

HammeredOut
05-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Absolutely. Most things in the NFL don't surprised but what we got out Lloyd sure did. Like others I'm cautiously optimistic.

Not if Tebow is throwing the ball, I bet not 1 reciever is over 700 yards of production.

topscribe
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
I'd like to see Tebow start aswell, he is about the worst 1st round pick since Ryan Leaf. Tim "The Catapult Release" Tebow, would look great leading us to the first overall pick in next years draft. It would be ideal to trade Orton, so when everybody realizes how crappy Tebow is as Quarterback and we sit him week 6, and all we have left is Quinn, we should be able to dial up Andrew Luck first overall next season.

Tim (gone to the store, came home and drank 6 beers before he throws the ball) Tebow is second tier, and not worthy of a bean fart.

I've heard you don't care a lot for Tebow.

Care to respond to that?

-----

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Not if Tebow is throwing the ball, I bet not 1 reciever is over 700 yards of production.

If that's your view that fine. It's not mine.

HammeredOut
05-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I've heard you don't care a lot for Tebow.

Care to respond to that?

-----

A full back who can throw the half back pass??

nevcraw
05-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Lloyd had 263 yds. in TT's 3 rookie starts. a 16 game season at that rate would be close to double your number. sooo chances are your number will be a tad low.

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Lloyd had 263 yds. in TT's 3 rookie starts. a 16 game season at that rate would be close to double your number. sooo chances are your number will be a tad low.

It's hard to say for sure if that would hold up but it does fly in the face emphatic proclamations that the receivers would have subpar seasons.

chazoe60
05-17-2011, 08:07 PM

Your posts aren't worth a "bean fart".

Care to explain how the God-awful, horrible, piece of shit QB known as Tim "catapult release" Tebow fared so well in his first 3 starts as a rookie, including a 300 yard passing game?

I'll let you in on a little secret: just because YOU think it, does not make it fact.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't think Tebow's three games, and his 300 yrd passing game, means anything. Watching him play as the starter actually caused me to have MORE concerns about him instead of less.

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't think Tebow's three games, and his 300 yrd passing game, means anything. Watching him play as the starter actually caused me to have MORE concerns about him instead of less.

His starting didn't make more concerned. I honestly think if can improve his accuracy he has a good chance of succeeding.

chazoe60
05-17-2011, 08:31 PM

I understand that you can't take a ton from it but it sure disputes Einstein's assertion that he has absolutely no chance of ever being even a competent NFL QB.

Lonestar
05-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I understand that you can't take a ton from it but it sure disputes Einstein's assertion that he has absolutely no chance of ever being even a competent NFL QB.

You Misspoke, iirc without looking he said a FB throwing a hb pass.

But I could be wrong

nevcraw
05-17-2011, 09:11 PM

I saw a lot of rough edges but enough arm and at times enough touch to get it done.. then you throw in the escapism, toughness and will... i was more than pleased. we've seen rookies with none of question marks do worse in first 3 starts.

TXBRONC
05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
I saw a lot of rough edges but enough arm and at times enough touch to get it done.. then you throw in the escapism, toughness and will... i was more than pleased. we've seen rookies with none of question marks do worse in first 3 starts.

He did pretty well considering the circumstances he was thrust into.

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I might be the minority on this one, but considering Fox's track record with players, Orton will most likely be the starter opening day.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I might be the minority on this one, but considering Fox's track record with players, Orton will most likely be the starter opening day.

In that interest, Pro Football Weekly Editor and Publisher Hub Arkush has some
interesting things to say about that in his interview on 102.3 The Ticket (http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=737&f=77643), starting
at about 13:02. Well worth a listen . . .

-----

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2011, 03:18 PM
In that interest, Pro Football Weekly Editor and Publisher Hub Arkush has some
interesting things to say about that in his interview on 102.3 The Ticket (http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=737&f=77643), starting
at about 13:02. Well worth a listen . . .

-----

Thanks Top.

Its not like Fox to just throw in rookies/unproven players to get experience. He has (for better or worse) a genuine "win now" philosophy. Tebow is still a question mark, and because of that uncertainity, I doubt he beats out Orton if hes here unless Tebow just completely destroys everyone in training camp. It will be fun to watch these two battle it out, but I cant help but think Fox will go with the vet.

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 06:21 PM

Care to explain how the God-awful, horrible, piece of shit QB known as Tim "catapult release" Tebow fared so well in his first 3 starts as a rookie, including a 300 yard passing game?

I'll let you in on a little secret: just because YOU think it, does not make it fact.
To be fair, how'd he fair vs pass D's NOT 32nd?

He still completed only 50%, even WITH the Houston pass D.

Just sayin......

chazoe60
05-18-2011, 06:31 PM
To be fair, how'd he fair vs pass D's NOT 32nd?

He still completed only 50%, even WITH the Houston pass D.

Just sayin......

Elway's comp. % as a rook was 47.5.

Just saying...

Look, as I have stated you cant take a ton from it but its fairly good evidence that Hammered's assertion that Tebow has no chance of ever being good, is a bullshit one. Hell, I don't know if Tebow will be good, great, or stink up the joint but it bugs me when people state their opinion that he wont be good as fact.

I THINK he'll be good but I also think he will look different than anything we've ever seen while doing it. I don't think he'll ever have huge statistical success but I think we'll be in most of the games he plays and I think he'll get us a lot of wins that other QBs wouldn't get for us.

But all of that is just guesswork by me, unlike some people I won't presume to know the future of Tim Tebow.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 06:34 PM

Just saying...

Look, as I have stated you cant take a ton from it but its fairly good evidence that Hammered's assertion that Tebow has no chance of ever being good, is a bullshit one. Hell, I don't know if Tebow will be good, great, or stink up the joint but it bugs me when people state their opinion that he wont be good as fact.

I THINK he'll be good but I also think he will look different than anything we've ever seen while doing it. I don't think he'll ever have huge statistical success but I think we'll be in most of the games he plays and I think he'll get us a lot of wins that other QBs wouldn't get for us.

But all of that is just guesswork by me, unlike some people I won't presume to know the future of Tim Tebow.

Makes sense. Do you know Kyle Orton's future?

Just asking . . .

BTW, just as a point of interest, Orton's comp as a rookie was 51.6% . . .

-----

chazoe60
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM

Just asking . . .

-----

I never claimed to know Orton's future. I have never stated anything other than my own personal opinion of Orton. Yes sometimes maybe in a bit of a smart ass manner, but never done anything other than say how I feel about Orton. And guess what my opinion means to the people in charge? Yep, the same as yours or anyone elses on here, jack shit!

But, why have a MB if we all agree all the time. That would be boring don't ya think?

topscribe
05-18-2011, 06:45 PM
I never claimed to know Orton's future. I have never stated anything other than my own personal opinion of Orton. Yes sometimes maybe in a bit of a smart ass manner, but never done anything other than say how I feel about Orton. And guess what my opinion means to the people in charge? Yep, the same as yours or anyone elses on here, jack shit!

But, why have a MB if we all agree all the time. That would be boring don't ya think?

Oh yeah? :eviltongue:

-----

Tned
05-18-2011, 07:00 PM

Just asking . . .

-----

Which almost matched his horrid sub 60 passer rating.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Which almost matched his horrid sub 60 passer rating.

Yes, 59.7, in fact.

As opposed to Elway's 54.9 passer rating.

So what's your point?

-----

nevcraw
05-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Do you know Kyle Orton's future?

Just asking . . .

-----

I do. Think Fat Elvis.. now think Walmart Greeter.. that will be $20 please.

Tned
05-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes, 59.7, in fact.

As opposed to Elway's 54.9 passer rating.

So what's your point?

-----
I think I made it.

topscribe
05-18-2011, 07:11 PM
I think I made it.

Whatever floats your boat . . . :whoknows:

-----

TXBRONC
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM

:lol:

topscribe
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Would a slightly opened bottle of Ripple do?

-----

nevcraw
05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Would a slightly opened bottle of Ripple do?

-----

depends -- did u already lip it or was it just a mild case of tampering?

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 08:07 PM

Just saying...

Stop the MF'g presses!

I agree. ;)

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 08:09 PM

I don't think its WHAT'S said.....but HOW its said.

At least for some. ;)

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 08:11 PM
I think I made it.
damnit...I hate when I blink

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Uh oh....lipping was mentioned.

Everybody hide the children!!

topscribe
05-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Don't ever insult me by suggesting I would drink cheap wine.

You can't drag me away from my Milwaukee's Best . . .

-----

rcsodak
05-18-2011, 10:40 PM

-----

Red White and Blue, Top. The chiznik

Npba900
05-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Does anyone see the scenrio where Orton is traded and Quinn and Tebow are allowed to battle it out to see who the starter is?

Tned
05-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Does anyone see the scenrio where Orton is traded and Quinn and Tebow are allowed to battle it out to see who the starter is?

I think it is fairly likely.

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 09:31 AM
I think it is fairly likely.So do you think they'll trade orton JUST to trade him?

chazoe60
05-19-2011, 09:41 AM
So do you think they'll trade orton JUST to trade him?

Not speaking for Tned, but I think if EFEX sees enough from Quinn they will trade Orton because I don't think they see Orton as a franchise QB at all. When Elway made the statement that he didn't know if we have a franchise QB it was much more of an indictment on Orton than on Tebow. If Elway doesn't see Orton as the future, why pay him $8Mil and let him walk for nothing? But this is nothing new. Also the CBA is the big factor.

HammeredOut
05-19-2011, 09:59 AM

You have to remember, going back to college, 75% of Tebows plays were option sweeps to the HB, and most of those HB's in florida ran sub 4.4's, and if the option sweep was stiffed, the play looked like a planned boot leg.

So the problem in denver is, we don't own a HB who can run sub 4.4's, and Denver isn't an HB run option sweep offense, which they ran in FLorida. No college team, and you can write any coach to confirm, they never prepared there defenses to defend against the pass in a pass heavy offense against Florida. All the coaches, or most coaches tried some different defensive fronts that was experimental in some sense to stop the edge option. So teams never geared up to stop the pass, and Tebow hasn't had to be a pass first quarterback. So what makes you think Tebow can pass in the NFL, if he hasn't been a pass first quarterback in College. There is literally no tape on Tebow facing pass defenses who came to stop a great passer, they came to stop the Florida Run game. Ive watched a ton of FLorida college ball, and if Chris Leak can't make it out of Florida in the exact same offense, but showed he was a more dangerous passer with a better throwing motion, then I have no faith in Tebow. Its tough to come out of a run first heavy offense, and try to become a pass first elite NFL passer the next day when you havn't proved it in college first.

Tim "The Catapult" Tebow will never win a big game for us, we have to face it, the Josh McDaniels experiment failed. We could have drafted Tebow in the second round late, because no team other then the Broncos gave Tebow a first round grade. Some scouting reports had Colin Kaepernick as this years Tim Tebow in the draft, whether thats a good thing or not, is still to be determined. Im still on the fence, and I don't believe either is going to pan out as a starter. The last time somebody got away with a horrible windup and release at the top of the draft was Vinny Testaverde, but he was a Hurricane who mainly ran a pro style pass offense, so everybody knew what they were getting when they drafted him. Tebow is no Testaverde though.

BroncoStud
05-19-2011, 10:10 AM
You have to remember, going back to college, 75% of Tebows plays were option sweeps to the HB, and most of those HB's in florida ran sub 4.4's, and if the option sweep was stiffed, the play looked like a planned boot leg.

So the problem in denver is, we don't own a HB who can run sub 4.4's, and Denver isn't an HB run option sweep offense, which they ran in FLorida. No college team, and you can write any coach to confirm, they never prepared there defenses to defend against the pass in a pass heavy offense against Florida. All the coaches, or most coaches tried some different defensive fronts that was experimental in some sense to stop the edge option. So teams never geared up to stop the pass, and Tebow hasn't had to be a pass first quarterback. So what makes you think Tebow can pass in the NFL, if he hasn't been a pass first quarterback in College. There is literally no tape on Tebow facing pass defenses who came to stop a great passer, they came to stop the Florida Run game. Ive watched a ton of FLorida college ball, and if Chris Leak can't make it out of Florida in the exact same offense, but showed he was a more dangerous passer with a better throwing motion, then I have no faith in Tebow. Its tough to come out of a run first heavy offense, and try to become a pass first elite NFL passer the next day when you havn't proved it in college first.

Tim "The Catapult" Tebow will never win a big game for us, we have to face it, the Josh McDaniels experiment failed. We could have drafted Tebow in the second round late, because no team other then the Broncos gave Tebow a first round grade. Some scouting reports had Colin Kaepernick as this years Tim Tebow in the draft, whether thats a good thing or not, is still to be determined. Im still on the fence, and I don't believe either is going to pan out as a starter. The last time somebody got away with a horrible windup and release at the top of the draft was Vinny Testaverde, but he was a Hurricane who mainly ran a pro style pass offense, so everybody knew what they were getting when they drafted him. Tebow is no Testaverde though.

You sure have all the answers. Since your crystal ball can predict Tebow will NEVER win a big game for us, how about giving me some stock advice for 2011. Rub and see what happens.

HammeredOut
05-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Between both Orton and Tebow, comparing them to the College stats. Tebow only threw over 300 yards 1 time, in his draft year. Orton was throwing 500 yard games at Purdue. Orton also had a string of 300 yard games. So the point is, Orton is pretty much doing the same thing as he was in college.

Nomad
05-19-2011, 10:14 AM

-----

How dare you say that bad word in front of dogfish!!:D

HammeredOut
05-19-2011, 10:16 AM
You sure have all the answers. Since your crystal ball can predict Tebow will NEVER win a big game for us, how about giving me some stock advice for 2011. Rub and see what happens.

Invest in Oil Futures, Gold, silver, and the Canadian Dollar. Also I'd be pulling back on communication stocks with bad R+D programs.

BroncoJoe
05-19-2011, 10:19 AM
I just don't see how anyone can say Tebow can't throw the ball when he nearly threw for 10,000 yards and a 67 completion percentage in three years at college in a "run heavy" offense.

HammeredOut
05-19-2011, 10:44 AM
I just don't see how anyone can say Tebow can't throw the ball when he nearly threw for 10,000 yards and a 67 completion percentage in three years at college in a "run heavy" offense.

9200 yards. Most of those were throws to the flat, and one of the sub 4.4 guys would take it up field. They would run the option 2 or 3 times to the right, and throw it in the flat on the left. Dink and dunk offense. He was averaging around 15 completions per game with is actually below average at the college level.

Ravage!!!
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Ty Detmer threw for 15,000 yrds in college. Did you see him throw in the NFL?

HammeredOut
05-19-2011, 10:48 AM

You have to remember that Tebow's offense put up 40 or more points 6 times his last season, and his defense only gave up 7 or less points 7 times. The 40 or so points that offense was putting up, was never because Tebow was doing it in the air, and with his arm.

BroncoJoe
05-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Tebow is not Detmer.

You have to remember that Tebow's offense put up 40 or more points 6 times his last season, and his defense only gave up 7 or less points 7 times. The 40 or so points that offense was putting up, was never because Tebow was doing it in the air, and with his arm.

You're right. Tebow sucks. Trade the bastage.

HammeredOut
05-19-2011, 10:52 AM

Colt Brennan throw for 14000 yards in 3 seasons with Hawaii with a 131 touchdowns, and 58 touchdowns in his Jr. season. Maybe we need to bring in Ty Detmer and Brennan to battle it out.

BroncoJoe
05-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes, point out all the failed QB's while forgetting all the successful ones.

Brilliant.

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Well, this year there were 4 running qb's, 6'3, 225. 'Never seen before', in elways words.

And yet, the qb picked by many to be the most successful, tcu's dayton, isn't one of them.

Ravage!!!
05-19-2011, 11:47 AM

Tebow is not Detmer.

Yes, point out all the failed QB's while forgetting all the successful ones.

Brilliant.

Joe. You didn't ask or question about ALL the QBs that have come out of college that were successful. You asked HOW could we 'question' Tebow being able to throw the ball after throwing 10,000 yrds in college. I just pointed out to you that there are TONS of QBs that threw for many more yards than Tebow (one by the name of Detmer). That answers your question as to HOW people could doubt Tebow's ability to throw in the NFL.

Don't change the question because you don't like the answer.

I'm not a Tebow "hater"..because I really like him as a person. But watching Tebow in those last games as a starter last year, actually gave me MORE concern for his play than taking concerns away. Watching him, I could see SOOO many things that really made me think that he'll never be a good NFL QB... things that I didn't really expect to see from him.

Those questions were validated after hearing Jaws break down Tebow's play in those four games. There are MANY many concerns in Tebow's ability to be a good passer in the NFL, and are all valid. Whether Tebow can overcome those problems, is yet to be seen. But there is absolutely reason to "doubt" despite the yardage he threw in the minor leagues.

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Joe. You didn't ask or question about ALL the QBs that have come out of college that were successful. You asked HOW could we 'question' Tebow being able to throw the ball after throwing 10,000 yrds in college. I just pointed out to you that there are TONS of QBs that threw for many more yards than Tebow (one by the name of Detmer). That answers your question as to HOW people could doubt Tebow's ability to throw in the NFL.

Don't change the question because you don't like the answer.

I'm not a Tebow "hater"..because I really like him as a person. But watching Tebow in those last games as a starter last year, actually gave me MORE concern for his play than taking concerns away. Watching him, I could see SOOO many things that really made me think that he'll never be a good NFL QB... things that I didn't really expect to see from him.

Those questions were validated after hearing Jaws break down Tebow's play in those four games. There are MANY many concerns in Tebow's ability to be a good passer in the NFL, and are all valid. Whether Tebow can overcome those problems, is yet to be seen. But there is absolutely reason to "doubt" despite the yardage he threw in the minor leagues.

So what ARE these concerns you saw?

BroncoJoe
05-19-2011, 03:42 PM
So what ARE these concerns you saw?

Ditto.

Ravage!!!
05-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Ditto.

Honestly, Joe, what difference would it be to list them? Do you think me telling you step by step the things that bothered me about his mechanics would change your mind? Would it matter what I saw from my training that you feel you would change your opinion of him? No, of course it wouldn't. What I see doesn't matter to your opinion, and me going through the games on tape and giving a list, play by play, wouldn't make an inkling of difference.

The point is, I feel the way I feel about Tim's future on things that I see... as well as things said by people I respect in the business. I said these exact same thigns (about the things I noticed during his play) last year during the games.

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Honestly, Joe, what difference would it be to list them? Do you think me telling you step by step the things that bothered me about his mechanics would change your mind? Would it matter what I saw from my training that you feel you would change your opinion of him? No, of course it wouldn't. What I see doesn't matter to your opinion, and me going through the games on tape and giving a list, play by play, wouldn't make an inkling of difference.

The point is, I feel the way I feel about Tim's future on things that I see... as well as things said by people I respect in the business. I said these exact same thigns (about the things I noticed during his play) last year during the games.

Well, since my mind is much smaller than joe's and more susceptible to being swayed, I'd still like to hear them. Especially now that we've learned you had training. :cheers:

BroncoJoe
05-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, since my mind is much smaller than joe's and more susceptible to being swayed, I'd still like to hear them. Especially now that we've learned you had training. :cheers:

Yeah, I thought it was strange he only addressed me, even though you asked the question. :confused:

rcsodak
05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I thought it was strange he only addressed me, even though you asked the question. :confused:
Its not strange at all. ;)

Lonestar
05-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Talk is cheep. Actions require effort and time.

With the exception of one or two players I would say if it was a compelling argument rather than I hate him or just do not like the guy.

I wound think most everyone might be swayed.