PDA

View Full Version : Just get Culpepper and Nolan!

Magnificent Seven
10-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Just get them in during the bye week! They would upgrade on offense and defense!

Got that article from NFL.com

Retirement did not last long for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who showed his interest in unretiring Thursday afternoon in an email.

In a week in which the Chiefs contacted him, after the Packers and Titans previously had this season, Culpepper now is preparing to sign with a team shortly, writing in his email, “I am going to take another shot at getting back in the League.”

He then wrote:

“A number of teams have contacted me since my retirement announcement and have provided some important information that has caused me to reconsider returning to the League. As much as I have enjoyed my brief break from playing, I know that I love the game and I have some unfinished business in the NFL. It has never been because of a lack of passion for the game but rather, the absence of a fair opportunity to compete and play that caused me to retire. Now that there are some real opportunities that match my desire to play, I will choose the one that is the best fit for both the team and me so that I can continue my NFL career. For the second half of this season, I hope to play a role in helping a team win some games. I want to thank all of those who encouraged me to ‘keep a light on’ for the right NFL opportunity that would eventually come back to me.”

BroncoWave
10-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Why would he come to Denver when he'd have a chance of starting in Kansas City? :confused:

D1g1tal j1m
10-24-2008, 01:42 AM
Culpepper will not improve our offense. Can he run the ball for 125 yards a game? Can he rush the passer or provide a push up the middle of the Dline?

Nolan will not make this Defense any better with all the injuries and lack of talent across the D. Our D needs an overhaul in the size and skill department in the off-season.

sneakers
10-24-2008, 03:35 AM
huh? Who wants to pay 3 million a year for a backup QB?

broncofaninfla
10-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Cullpepper would NOT be an upgrade, even over Hackney. The guy has no skills left, no heart, only a marketable name. I live in Florida and watched him play for the Fin's. The guy had no heart and no skills, he even sucked in warm ups. Randy Moss made Cullpepper and he hasn't been the same player since Moss left. Cullpepper is a scrub.

I'm all for Nolan though. This is the worst defense Denver has ever fielded, we are so bad, we can't get any worse. I agree to bring Nolan in now and let him do what he can now, evaluate the players we have and decide who stays and goes based on their effort for the rest of the season.

SOCALORADO.
10-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I cannot understand the belief that Mike Nolan is not going to make the defense better.
Its not a question so much of Nolans immediate impact on the defense as it is a belief by many that he is simply a better D-Coordinator than Slowik will ever be.
You dont wait untill the offseason and hope Nolan is still around, you get him when you can and let him start to work.
What, Slowik might get his feelings hurt, and the defense wont be able to operate under Nolan midseason?!?!?
The _efense SUCKS BALLS! It sucks under Slowik and will continue to suck no matter whos plays for DEN.
It wont matter a bit if Nolan came in right now and took over. Good! The faster he can make adjustments and see what this team needs for the next draft.
Hes plain and simply a better coach in ALL aspects of football than Slowik so hes an upgrade.
But heres the real reason you get Nolan now. Cause hes known as a good defensive coach, and he wont be available for long!
Dont wait, it might be the only chance DEN has to get him.

Slick
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
I'd love to have Nolan. Culpepper doesn't do much for me, unless he can play linebacker.

Medford Bronco
10-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Bring Back Steve Buerlein

He probably has more arm strength than Cullpepper

MOtorboat
10-24-2008, 09:16 AM
I cannot understand the belief that Mike Nolan is not going to make the defense better.
Its not a question so much of Nolans immediate impact on the defense as it is a belief by many that he is simply a better D-Coordinator than Slowik will ever be.
You dont wait untill the offseason and hope Nolan is still around, you get him when you can and let him start to work.
What, Slowik might get his feelings hurt, and the defense wont be able to operate under Nolan midseason?!?!?
The _efense SUCKS BALLS! It sucks under Slowik and will continue to suck no matter whos plays for DEN.
It wont matter a bit if Nolan came in right now and took over. Good! The faster he can make adjustments and see what this team needs for the next draft.
Hes plain and simply a better coach in ALL aspects of football than Slowik so hes an upgrade.
But heres the real reason you get Nolan now. Cause hes known as a good defensive coach, and he wont be available for long!

Nolan probably won't coach this year. He's getting paid by the 49ers for the rest of it...so he might as well sit back, and take the job of his choice once the season is over. Let's face it, the Denver D-Coordinator job is not all that appealing.

LRtagger
10-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Bubby

bubby

bubby

bubby

Medford Bronco
10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Gary Kubiak ;)

haroldthebarrel
10-24-2008, 01:26 PM

exactly. We had Gregg Williams on the marked this off season and chose wrong.
We have one just as good present right now and we can correct the mistake.
Probably the only expense would be the db, but as Champ Bailey has shown hre really wants to win and he sees his window of a ring getting smaller and smaller each year.

I don't, and nobody should give a damn about Slowiks feelings since he has shown nothing. What he has shown is that the schemes he tried to fix last year are as futile as it was before he began with Bates.

And why the hell is it so impossible to get a team that are great on fundamentals and don't give up foolish penalties!!

Magnificent Seven
10-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Bring Back Steve Buerlein

He probably has more arm strength than Cullpepper

NO WAY!!!! Steve Buerlein is a like Patrick Ramsey!!!! They suck! Culpepper could surprise us. However, Mark Brunell is my 1st choice.

MOtorboat
10-24-2008, 01:55 PM
NO WAY!!!! Steve Buerlein is a like Patrick Ramsey!!!! They suck! Culpepper could surprise us. However, Mark Brunell is my 1st choice.

The reason Culpepper retired was because no one was offering a starter's job, or a chance to win the starter's job.

HolyDiver
10-24-2008, 02:01 PM
exactly. We had Gregg Williams on the marked this off season and chose wrong.
We have one just as good present right now and we can correct the mistake.
Probably the only expense would be the db, but as Champ Bailey has shown hre really wants to win and he sees his window of a ring getting smaller and smaller each year.

I don't, and nobody should give a damn about Slowiks feelings since he has shown nothing. What he has shown is that the schemes he tried to fix last year are as futile as it was before he began with Bates.

And why the hell is it so impossible to get a team that are great on fundamentals and don't give up foolish penalties!!

Dennison is still around and he was basically demoted.....or atleast his title changed some..............Bring in Nolan, let Slowik be an assistant DC.

haroldthebarrel
10-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Dennison is still around and he was basically demoted.....or atleast his title changed some..............Bring in Nolan, let Slowik be an assistant DC.

isnt he assistant head coach or is he off cordinator still after Heimerdinger left?

Dortoh
10-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I dont really care who we do or do not bring in but we need to stick with somebody long enough to allow him to get the players he needs to fit his system. We keep replacing the D coach every 12 months and we will never have a great D period.

We need some vision and long term goals. What do we want our D to be? Aggressive 3-4, reliable 4-3 whatever. Until that happens we will continue to have a mixture of players that dont fit together and dont know what their jobs are. Consistancy it a defenses best friend. We have none

HolyDiver
10-24-2008, 02:31 PM
isnt he assistant head coach or is he off cordinator still after Heimerdinger left?

Yeah..........assistant OC, I thought.

haroldthebarrel
10-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Well we can choose to have a window every two odd years, or we can choose to settle down, wait, and have a five year or longer window.

It is obvious what I choose. What say you?

weazel
10-24-2008, 05:05 PM
this thread is funny, it makes me giggle.

Dortoh
10-24-2008, 05:14 PM
The crys for Culpepper kind of crack me up

weazel
10-25-2008, 12:37 AM
how 'bout Aaron Brookes as well!!!!

ikillz0mbies
10-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Give Ryan Leaf a call.

Hobe
10-26-2008, 11:36 AM
So we're through the bye week and I haven't heard anything about out QBs. I guess that means the Hackney gets the clipboard and we finish the season with just two QBs in the stable. I'm not unhappy with Hackney, but the lack depth does make me nervous. :eek:

weazel
10-26-2008, 04:21 PM
So we're through the bye week and I haven't heard anything about out QBs. I guess that means the Hackney gets the clipboard and we finish the season with just two QBs in the stable. I'm not unhappy with Hackney, but the lack depth does make me nervous. :eek:

why?

it doesnt matter who we have at QB. With this teams defense, there is no shot at winning games, why worry about the offense.