PDA

View Full Version : LenDale White, Rod Smith join Broncos unofficial workouts in Englewood

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
ENGLEWOOD — There are perhaps millions across the country who are starved for NFL news during this offseason labor lockout.

And there is the Denver market and its Broncos.

The second, Brian Dawkins-led player-supervised workout Thursday at the South Suburban Sports Dome drew roughly 14 players and 24 members of the media, depending on which group you put Rod Smith.

"Brian Dawkins is one guy I never got a chance to play with and I'm upset about that," said Smith, who is retired as the Broncos' all-time leading receiver and now has his own weekly internet show.

"What he's doing here is very smart, very professional. I can promise you, you can never work yourself out the way somebody else will."

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18050475?source=rss

broncofaninfla
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
You gotta love Rod Smith! Very happy to see him be a part of this!

NightTerror218
05-12-2011, 02:48 PM
You gotta love Rod Smith! Very happy to see him be a part of this!

Get some of the old times in there, Smith, McCafferty, Elway, and Davis around these new guys. Would love to these guys around more.

MileHighCrew
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Speaking of old timers I so wish they would bring in Eddie Mac to work with Decker

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Get some of the old times in there, Smith, McCafferty, Elway, and Davis around these new guys. Would love to these guys around more.

That would be good to have more of the past players involved. Don't think Elway can do it now, with the lockout, as he is now on the other side of the fence.

NightTerror218
05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
That would be good to have more of the past players involved. Don't think Elway can do it now, with the lockout, as he is now on the other side of the fence.

So can he talk to them if they go to car dealership, to talk about "cars"?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2011, 03:53 PM
So can he talk to them if they go to car dealership, to talk about "cars"?

If they talk cars, I would assume that is ok. After Elway joined the Broncos, he stated that he would be working with the QBs - that was before the lockout.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Rod on the fan this afternoon, after attending the workouts.

Catch where Rod says that Dawkins is paying for everything for these workouts.

Legendary WR for the Denver Broncos, Rod Smith calls in to talk about leadership on and off the field. What does he think about Tebow and Orton?

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1417213

The Glue Factory
05-12-2011, 05:37 PM
If they talk cars, I would assume that is ok.

Except that Elway sold the dealerships some years ago.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Except that Elway sold the dealerships some years ago.

ENGLEWOOD - John Elway is about to make a comeback in the car business in the Denver area.

9NEWS has confirmed Elway, who is the executive vice president of football operations for the Denver Broncos, and his ownership group have signed a "letter of intent" to buy the last of the Burt dealerships.

Elway's group hopes to finalize the deal in the next two months which would give them control of the Chevrolet dealership in Englewood.

This would be the second Elway dealership to open in Colorado in the past this year. In January, he opened a Chrysler dealership in Greeley.

http://www.9news.com/money/story.aspx?storyid=180514&catid=75

T.K.O.
05-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Elway can talk to rod smith ,eddie mac or any other "ex" player. especially if it involves a coaching position.
it's not like they are going to be playing.:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure Elway can talk to rod smith ,eddie mac or any other "ex" player. especially if it involves a coaching position.
it's not like they are going to be playing.:confused:

Yes, he can talk to those guys, but not any of the current players or draftees.

rcsodak
05-13-2011, 05:58 AM
http://www.9news.com/money/story.aspx?storyid=180514&catid=75

Buying the troubled brands? That's scary.

gobroncsnv
05-13-2011, 11:06 PM
And also need TD to come in and have a heart to heart with Moreno.

OrangeHoof
05-15-2011, 01:12 AM
How much does LenWhale weigh now? He might be able to solve our shortage at defensive tackle.

Chris90210
05-15-2011, 01:47 AM
How much does LenWhale weigh now? He might be able to solve our shortage at defensive tackle.

:lol:

sneakers
05-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Speaking of old timers I so wish they would bring in Eddie Mac to work with Decker

Jeepers, just because he is white doesnt mean that Ed Mccaffrey would be a great teacher

:lol: