PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Looking for Self-Starters

LTC Pain
05-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Interesting factoid from the Broncos 2011 draft. I thought it was a plus for the Chiefs to draft so many team captains in the 2010 NFL draft. Our team did it this year. Here's an excerpt from a DP story on the Broncos that came out yesterday. This certainly has to be a plus for the team.

The Broncos were looking for self-starters. Six of their nine picks were team captains, and a seventh — Thomas — was a team captain in basketball before playing football for just one season at Portland State.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully drafting talented players with leadership skills will go along way to bringing stability and intensity to the team.

Lonestar
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Let's hope that all of those chiefs can become Indians also. If not we have 6 more divas on the team.

rcsodak
05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Not sure team captains = divas. More like hard workers that others on the team can lean on and hopefully emulate.

LTC Pain
05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Not sure team captains = divas. More like hard workers that others on the team can lean on and hopefully emulate.

This is what I was thinking rcsodak, hard working quality players. But someone will always pop up to urinate on a thread.

WARHORSE
05-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Self starters. Im one of them meself.

http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/sex/www.MessenTools.com-Sex-010.gif

Shananahan
05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Let's hope that all of those chiefs can become Indians also. If not we have 6 more divas on the team.
Why wouldn't you instead hope that all those chiefs can become chiefs at the next level?

WARHORSE
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM

?

Not making the jump myself.

KCL
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM

http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/sex/www.MessenTools.com-Sex-010.gif

Suit up Cowboy! :D

KCL
05-10-2011, 02:00 PM
You all had me thinking this thread was about the Chiefs...:D

WARHORSE
05-10-2011, 02:06 PM

Probably had somethin to do with planting corn?:D

WARHORSE
05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Suit up Cowboy! :D

Nothin but birthday suits, boots n spurs.:salute:

rcsodak
05-10-2011, 02:08 PM
This is what I was thinking rcsodak, hard working quality players. But someone will always pop up to urinate on a thread.
Lol
Well, I don't think that was Ls' intention. Pretty sure he's still pissed at no DT's added.

rcsodak
05-10-2011, 02:09 PM

=vain

KCL
05-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Probably had somethin to do with planting corn?:D

No it was all that talk about Indians...:laugh:

KCL
05-10-2011, 02:12 PM
=vain

That's not nice rc.

rcsodak
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
No it was all that talk about Indians...:laugh:
Cleveland baseball team?

rcsodak
05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
That's not nice rc.
:couch:

KCL
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Cleveland baseball team?

Is that what JR meant?

rcsodak
05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Is that what JR meant?
Wt.......? :confused:

GEM
05-10-2011, 04:43 PM

That back smiley is blowing hot air up the other guy's ass. :shocked:

:lol:

KCL
05-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Wt.......? :confused:

He's the one who mentioned Indians.

rcsodak
05-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I must be blind....

nevcraw
05-10-2011, 07:48 PM

finally, something positive.. was that so hard?

Lonestar
05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Why wouldn't you instead hope that all those chiefs can become chiefs at the next level?

There are leaders and followers. Chiefs and Indians. Supervisors and workers.

While it is nice to have alot if self starters they tend to be leaders if everyone is a leader a team captin then there will be diva issues. IMO

I have noticed on FOR example college sports teams. The cream of the crop get scholarships usually the ae the captins and leaders on their HS teams.

When they get to college they try to lead and all of a sudden the team is is discord. Everyone leading in a different direction.

They were worshipped and praised in HS as being elite players, in college they are just another good player.

nevcraw
05-10-2011, 08:48 PM

While it is nice to have alot if self starters they tend to be leaders if everyone is a leader a team captin then there will be diva issues. IMO

I have noticed on FOR example college sports teams. The cream of the crop get scholarships usually the ae the captins and leaders on their HS teams.

When they get to college they try to lead and all of a sudden the team is is discord. Everyone leading in a different direction.

They were worshipped and praised in HS as being elite players, in college they are just another good player.

:confused:

there are quite a number of different ways to lead and surely they can figure it out.. Only you could find a way to spin an obvious no lose proposition into a negative... :rolleyes:

WARHORSE
05-10-2011, 08:50 PM
That back smiley is blowing hot air up the other guy's ass. :shocked:

:lol:

Well dang, Im sure glad that wasnt my first thought.

Heck, it wasnt even my second, third or fourth thought.

Not sure why your mind went in that direction GEM, but......whatever turns ya on? ;)

There are still men who prefer women in this world. :coffee:

AND women who prefer men.....who got their backs.

AND, cheers to those of that ilk.:beer:

BeefStew25
05-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Listen, I rented cars for 30 years! I know a effing leader!

TXBRONC
05-10-2011, 09:46 PM
:confused:

there are quite a number of different ways to lead and surely they can figure it out.. Only you could find a way to spin an obvious no lose proposition into a negative... :rolleyes:

I believe the article mentioned that the Chiefs have draft several guys that were formally captains on their college teams I don't think that worked out to badly for them this past season.

Shananahan
05-11-2011, 12:27 AM

I'm having a difficult time thinking of any divas who are captains in the NFL other than a couple QBs. Your logic and negativity on this is pretty absurd.

Juriga72
05-11-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm having a difficult time thinking of any divas who are captains in the NFL other than a couple QBs. Your logic and negativity on this is pretty absurd.

I think its a continuation of his belief that the broncos should also try to NOT draft busts.

After all... you need guys who are great players, who have the will to win, oh and they have to be guy's other guys want to play football with....:coffee:

TXBRONC
05-11-2011, 07:29 AM
I think its a continuation of his belief that the broncos should also try to NOT draft busts.

After all... you need guys who are great players, who have the will to win, oh and they have to be guy's other guys want to play football with....:coffee:

I suppose we should also add guys who are bunch no talent yes men.

horsepig
05-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I suppose we should also add guys who are bunch no talent yes men.

There are NO more roster spots for those guys TX. Hell, what do I know, what free agent do give $30,000,000 to?

He better be a good one, not a pancake house fighter.

rcsodak
05-13-2011, 06:09 AM
There are NO more roster spots for those guys TX. Hell, what do I know, what free agent do give $30,000,000 to?

He better be a good one, not a pancake house fighter.
I thought it was $40M?