PDA

View Full Version : I would suggest for all of you not to worry about Broncos.

Magnificent Seven
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
WHY?

1. Jack Williams will replace Champ Bailey. Jack did an amazing job in preseason against the Arizona Cardinals. In the 2008 preseason, Williams had 6 tackles and intercepted two passes... returning one for a 89 yard touchdown and being caught by the quarterback on the other. He is a like Darrent Williams and I believe that he will do a great job.

2. Tony Scheffler will be back on the field and he will do a much better than last two games. However, they will have more Tight Ends on offense.

3. There will be a huge battle for # 1 spot for runningback. Selvin Young will be back and he will be taking the initiative on the field. Ryan Torain will make his huge debut! That will be full of excitement.

4. Brandon Stokley will be back soon. DenverBroncos.com said, Brandon Stokley would be ready for game against the Dolphins. I am sure he will be fine by that time. He can rest for 2 weeks and he will probably be 99% healthy.

5. As for Defense, I am pretty sure they will do something with Defense team and defense coordinator in during the bye week.

6. Eddie Royal did a great job on Monday Night after he was out for a week. I am sure that he will raise some hell after the bye week.

7. Jay Cutler will be fine after the bye week. Everyone will be back except the Bailey Brothers. Who knows, Champ Bailey might come back early and he heals the pain quickly. So, who knows?

Head up!!!!! GO BRONCOS! :defense:

turftoad
10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
WHY?

1. Jack Williams will replace Champ Bailey. Jack did an amazing job in preseason against the Arizona Cardinals. In the 2008 preseason, Williams had 6 tackles and intercepted two passes... returning one for a 89 yard touchdown and being caught by the quarterback on the other. He is a like Darrent Williams and I believe that he will do a great job.
2. Tony Scheffler will be back on the field and he will do a much better than last two games. However, they will have more Tight Ends on offense.

3. There will be a huge battle for # 1 spot for runningback. Selvin Young will be back and he will be taking the initiative on the field. Ryan Torain will make his huge debut! That will be full of excitement.

4. Brandon Stokley will be back soon. DenverBroncos.com said, Brandon Stokley would be ready for game against the Dolphins. I am sure he will be fine by that time. He can rest for 2 weeks and he will probably be 99% healthy.

5. As for Defense, I am pretty sure they will do something with Defense team and defense coordinator in during the bye week.

6. Eddie Royal did a great job on Monday Night after he was out for a week. I am sure that he will raise some hell after the bye week.

7. Jay Cutler will be fine after the bye week. Everyone will be back except the Bailey Brothers. Who knows, Champ Bailey might come back early and he heals the pain quickly. So, who knows?

I like your optimism.

However: #1) Jack Williams hasn't proven squat. Go ahead and comare him to D. Williams but, D.Williams (may he rest in peace) was hardly a pro bowl CB. He was average at best. His death has people putting him on a CB pedistal. Sorry gang, but he wasn't that good. He got burned consitantly.

It is going to hurt losing Champ. Hopefully he'll only miss 2 games.

#5) We won't be able to bring in any defensive help that is going to turn it around for us. Even if we bring in a new DC (which I don't see happeneng) it would take us to long to learn a new scheme and players getting used to him.

The rest are fine and good for the offense. It better be good because we're going to have to score 50 points a game just to keep up.

So I'm not to worried anymore, just stick a fork in us. :D

Magnificent Seven
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Nice feedback, Turftoad. Thanks.

However, I believe that Jack Williams will surprise us. His debut will be on Nov. 2nd against the Dolphins. I mean full time on the field. I am really excited to see him on the field.

smith49
10-22-2008, 05:05 PM
WHY?

i really want to agree, but i think the only good thing that will come out of this season is a high draft pick.

DenBronx
10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
when bailey tore his grion the game turned into a debacle on the defense. bailey was shutting down moss till that point in the game. moss went on to snag 2 td's. so really i dont think an unproven rookie is going to replace a shut down corner. now if bly had been the one hurt and williams was going to replace him for 6 games then i wouldnt be so worried.

besides....this defense has way bigger problems than cb right now.

sacmar
10-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Without champ we just have a fense the "D" is gone. Our only hope is to outscore opponets cause we probably couldn't stop texas from scoring about 40 on us let alone any professional team.

Ziggy
10-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Jack Williams isn't worthy of carrying Champ's jock strap. I hope he develops, because he's looked terrible in the time that he has spent on the field this season.

I like your take on the offensive side of the ball. A lot of us have high hopes for Torrain, but we have to remember that he's a rookie, who hasn't even played in a real NFL game. (I don't count preseason as a real NFL game) I hope he turns out to be everything we all hope he will, but let's give him 3 or 4 games to get adjusted to the speed of the pros.

Royal looks better every week, Scheff should help, and Cutler is due for a big game soon.

The defense isn't going to get significantly better until we get some more talent out on the field, and that won't be happening until next season at the earliest.

Sassy
10-22-2008, 05:34 PM
WHY?

Why wouldn't I worry about this team?
They seem to regress rather than get better...as they have since Elway retired!
They always seem to start the season strong and end up with a majority of their
starters injured and they go from a 3-0 start or whatever and 0 and they end up
tanking the rest of the season.

1. You don't just "replace" Champ.

3. MICHAEL PITTMAN! I like him!...Selvin who??? Torrain hasn't had a snap as of yet in the NFL.

4. I'm a little worried with all of the concussions that Stokely has had in his career...9 ? 10 ?

5. With this crew? Yeah right.

6. I love Eddie...but you need more than just Eddie and Brandon.

7. Just not so sure about Jay these days either...

Broncos Mtnman
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
WHY?

I'll agree that he did a pretty good job against 2nd and 3rd string offenses, but can he do it against starters? No one knows the answer to that one. However, I don't think comparing him to DW is all that great a compliment. I think DWill has been elevated higher in our memories due to the tragic way in which he died. He was an average talent, in my opinion.

I hope you're right, but there are those within the Broncos organization that say Tony's injury was very serious and could keep him out indefinitely.

If Torain is as good as Shanny stated during summer camp (he said he was the best RB he's seen since TD), then this could indeed be an exciting development. I don't think Selvin will make that much of a difference, though I'm sure he'll fight as hard as he can to get his job back.

That would be very good news. I think you should remember though that this is his TENTH concussion. Recovery time slows with each recurring incident of this type of injury.

I hope they do, but to expect any immediate turnaround of the defense could be wishful thinking.

He should be even stronger after a week's rest.

Jay should be feeling better after a week's rest too.

However, a defense that has given up over 30 points in three of their first 7 games and is last in nearly every significant catagory had everybody healthy when it happened.

In addition, a healthy offense won't mean anything if fumbles and INTs don't stop.

jrelway
10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
when we face the dolphins after the bye, we better stack everyone in the box and blitz hard. ravens blitzed all game to shut down the wildcat plays.

jrelway
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
nice optimism magnificent 7... i hope all aint lost either. thank god we have a pansy schedule for the second half of the season. if we get it right, and champ comes back healthy towards the end..i think we have a decent shot to go and do something in the playoffs.

Day1BroncoFan
10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Our D can't stop squat and none of those mentioned will help unless there is some sort of an attitude change that goes with it. Champ being out is going to hurt. Jack can't take Champ's place but he can play his position.

The offense needs to stop with the turnovers. Turnovers are killing us. Just doing that would help our defense a lot and maybe if they score a few TD's we can go back to winning.

We need to score 40 points a game to win unless our D turns it around.

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Because we suck, we're injury riddled and we have no one on defense...and there are more worthwhile things to worry about?

:D

Simple Jaded
10-22-2008, 07:09 PM
A rookie RB that's coming off a broken elbow with ligament damage isn't exactly my idea of a cure for the turnover problem.

Sure Scheffler is coming back, but how long will he last? He's a China Doll.

Did anybody see the crushing hit that gave Stokley a concussion? That's because the hit looked completely innocuous. I'm wondering if he is so susceptible to concussion that he just can't be counted on.

Lastly, it won't matter if Jack Williams is better than Darrent, or Champ Bailey for that matter, because the defense has problems that a bye week can't fix......

dogfish
10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L-vViKP8Ho

Rick
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Bringing up how well Jack did in preseason as he is replacing Champ now would have me far less worried if he were replacing BLY than Champ.

Magnificent Seven
10-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone...

I didn't mean to say Jack Williams replace Bailey for good. Of course not! I meant that He can cover for Bailey until Champ Bailey get healthy. Jack Williams could be better than Dre Bly and Dre Bly could lose his job to Jack Williams. Who knows?!

Apologies in advance for confusing y'all.

Lonestar
10-22-2008, 09:44 PM
I remember alot of folks after the DALLAS preseason game singing the praises of this DEFENSE.. anyone want to fess up at this time?

anyone want to change their vote from 16-0 and a great defense to

8-8 and hope we score 55 per game to win those last 4..

BCJ
10-22-2008, 11:02 PM
WHY?

good those offensive guys will be back to help score some points but this defense is going to give up 30 plus a game. But hey, with your #5 that we will turn the worst into something managable in 13 days is a joke. They couldnt figure anything out from training camp to week #7 and NOW they are going to "do something" during the bye week? With both Baileys out, the only thing we will be doing is sucking worse than before and for those that think it cant be done..... you havent seen anything yet! Wake up! This offense better get back to week one to three or we win maybe 3 to 4 more games.

BCJ
10-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey everyone...

I didn't mean to say Jack Williams replace Bailey for good. Of course not! I meant that He can cover for Bailey until Champ Bailey get healthy. Jack Williams could be better than Dre Bly and Dre Bly could lose his job to Jack Williams. Who knows?!

Apologies in advance for confusing y'all.

That isnt saying much! Your optimism will be meet with crying for three str8 days and missing work until wednesday. Our only hope is that the other teams suck louder than us!

BroncosRockdaRockies
10-23-2008, 01:40 AM
good those offensive guys will be back to help score some points but this defense is going to give up 30 plus a game. But hey, with your #5 that we will turn the worst into something managable in 13 days is a joke. They couldnt figure anything out from training camp to week #7 and NOW they are going to "do something" during the bye week? With both Baileys out, the only thing we will be doing is sucking worse than before and for those that think it cant be done..... you havent seen anything yet! Wake up! This offense better get back to week one to three or we win maybe 3 to 4 more games.

Something to ponder about for the next couple of weeks.

In 2007, the New York Giants after losing two games in a combined total of 32 points, went on a roll winning six straight games to earn the 5th spot in the NFC. They got on a hot streak towards the end, and won 4 straight road playoff games putting them in the position to beat an 18-0 big mouth patriot team on the stage of all stages.

In 2006, After the Indianapolis Colts lost two straight by a combined 30 points, they won 5 out of their last 6 games including a stellar comeback victory over the Patriots. The Colts were ranked 28th in Rush Defense, and 30th in Rush Offense.

In 2005, The Steelers came in after a very huge blow to their 2004 15-1 season , after losing 3 straight games by a combined 30 points, the Steelers put up 4 straight wins, which is what they needed to earn a 6th seed spot in the AFC. They went on to win 4 solid well executed on the road playoff games where in fact they met and beat the Broncos for the Conference Championship in Denver, And the rest is history in the making as they also were holding up the Lombardi trophy when all was said and done!

So is the season really over? Not by a long shot! We are still going into the bye with a winning record. We are still going into the bye with the Division Lead. Am I saying this is what is going to happen? Well obviously that would be a homeristic answer since i do not have a degree in fortune telling, But what I do know is that this is October and with all the ghost and skeletons in our closet coming out two weeks early there still might be something brewing in the Couldron!

So here is to a great bye week to rest and get our priorities in line and finishing in the same manner as the aforementioned!!!!:beer::salute:

broncophan
10-23-2008, 06:15 AM
I remember alot of folks after the DALLAS preseason game singing the praises of this DEFENSE.. anyone want to fess up at this time?

anyone want to change their vote from 16-0 and a great defense to

8-8 and hope we score 55 per game to win those last 4..

I wasn't one of those "folks".......:D......I had thought 8-8, or 7-9.

I will state the same thing now as I said after last season.....

This team has way too many issues to fix in one season.......a bad defense and a quarterback who is trying to learn how to be an nfl quarterback.....are just 2 of the problems.......I'm too tired to list all the other problems.....

but then again.....I never thought we would be in first place after week 7........:confused:

gobroncsnv
10-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Don't know why anyone thinks we have a pansy schedule when we still have to play the Chiefs again. Our only hope is that it's a home game.

MOtorboat
10-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Don't know why anyone thinks we have a pansy schedule when we still have to play the Chiefs again. Our only hope is that it's a home game.

Nah, we play two at Arrowhead this year...:coffee:

LRtagger
10-23-2008, 08:09 AM
when we face the dolphins after the bye, we better stack everyone in the box and blitz hard. ravens blitzed all game to shut down the wildcat plays.

It's not the blitzing that stopped the wildcat, it is their discipline.

Even when our guys get into the backfield we overpursue. None of our guys know how to break down and tackle anyone in the open field (except Champ). They just run wildly straight at the ball carrier as fast as they can. The ball carrier makes one move and runs right by us.

If we overpursue and are not disciplined in containment, I dont care what blitzes we throw at them or how often we get in the backfield.

This game has the potential to get ugly with a good running back duo an a QB that likes to dink and dunk.

LRtagger
10-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Nah, we play two at Arrowhead this year...:coffee:

He's saying the only reason we have a hope for a win is the fact that it's a home game.

Not that he is hoping that it is a home game.

:beer:

Retired_Member_001
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the Broncos will ever win another Super Bowl in my lifetime, and I have a good 60 years left to live.

:lol:

MOtorboat
10-23-2008, 08:17 AM
He's saying the only reason we have a hope for a win is the fact that it's a home game.

Not that he is hoping that it is a home game.

:beer:

I know...;)

broncofaninfla
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
I read this morning that Paymah is getting the nod over Williams in replacing Baily at CB. Honestly, I'd rather see Williams there.

tomjonesrocks
10-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I read this morning that Paymah is getting the nod over Williams in replacing Baily at CB. Honestly, I'd rather see Williams there.

I don't understand that. Paymah wouldn't even make the roster of another NFL team. The Broncos have the worst defense in the league. Why not see what Williams can bring? What exactly do you have to lose?

LRtagger
10-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Why did Williams come in for Champ during the game if Paymah is ahead of him on the depth chart? And what the hell has Paymah done to deserve any kind of shot at starting?

Winborn, Green, Webster, Dj
Bly, Lowry, Manuel, Paymah

And Slowik telling them how to play and where to be on the field.

WOW. Not looking too good.

In-com-plete
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Without champ we just have a fense the "D" is gone. Our only hope is to outscore opponets cause we probably couldn't stop texas from scoring about 40 on us let alone any professional team.

Yeah. It's like those invisible dog fences. The only problem is, we can't get our opponents to wear the damn collars. :lol:

In-com-plete
10-23-2008, 10:21 AM

I was going to ask about Paymah. Me personally, I'd rather see Paymah. He looked better than Foxworth last year. Actually, last year he looked about as good as Bly. But who knows. Maybe the only reason we're putting him on the corner is because he's better there than Williams and Williams is better covering the slot.

That's what we did in one of those playoff blowouts with Herndon and Roc Alexander. Not that that worked. Just . . . . that's what we did.

MOtorboat
10-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Why did Williams come in for Champ during the game if Paymah is ahead of him on the depth chart? And what the hell has Paymah done to deserve any kind of shot at starting?

Winborn, Green, Webster, Dj
Bly, Lowry, Manuel, Paymah

And Slowik telling them how to play and where to be on the field.

WOW. Not looking too good.

They do practice during the week...

LRtagger
10-23-2008, 11:01 AM
They do practice during the week...

Thanks for the insight, but has the team held a single practice since Monday?

That doesn't explain why he would leapfrog JMFW who came in for Bailey during the game he was injured. If Paymah was the next best corner, don't you think he would have come into the game Monday?

horsepig
10-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Do they practice during the week?

broken12
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
might be a good thing bailey is out maybe force some of the players to show they belong and hopefully makes the coordinator that he cannot depend on bailey so he might have to come up with a plan to stop a offense finally

Magnificent Seven
10-23-2008, 06:46 PM

Jack Williams has proved that he played well in preseason against the Cardinals. Have you ever seen him play? He was awesome! He is better than Paymah.

JKcatch724
10-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Jack Williams has proved that he played well in preseason against the Cardinals. Have you ever seen him play? He was awesome! He is better than Paymah.

He did play well in the preseason. He is a lot like D-Will. He gets burnt, but is able to make a play on the ball every once in a while. Which is more than we can say for Paymah. Or bly, for that matter. JMFW is starting because Shanny knows what he's getting with Paymah, which is not much. Might as well put someone with potential in.

As far as Boss going down, I'm not so sure that hurts too much. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Winborn come in and play better,

LRtagger
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM

That is why I am wondering why Paymah is starting over him. I wouldnt say williams is "awesome", but he is young and better than Paymah.

Everything I hear says Paymah will replace Champ and JMFW will play Nickle.

Magnificent Seven
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I believe that Ryan Torain and Jack Williams will surprise us.

slim
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
That is why I am wondering why Paymah is starting over him. I wouldnt say williams is "awesome", but he is young and better than Paymah.

Everything I hear says Paymah will replace Champ and JMFW will play Nickle.

Probably because they have few options. Paymah can't play inside (the slot).

I guess they could let JMFW start on the outside and then move him inside when the go to the nickle. That's probably what I would do, IDK.

Magnificent Seven
10-23-2008, 10:12 PM
What is JMFW?

weazel
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Nice feedback, Turftoad. Thanks.

However, I believe that Jack Williams will surprise us. His debut will be on Nov. 2nd against the Dolphins. I mean full time on the field. I am really excited to see him on the field.

That wildcat offense has made other defenses look pretty bad, it's going to make our sad-sack group of misfits look like keystone cops! Our defense has to be compared to the worst that has ever played the game, and I am not exaggerating.

slim
10-23-2008, 10:24 PM
What is JMFW?

Jack Mother ******* Williams

Lonestar
10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Do they practice during the week?

the defense has not practiced at all this year as it has been self evident on game days..