PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Bias

Pages : [1] 2

Buff
10-22-2008, 04:10 PM
In the interest of not derailing Anubis thread any further I wanted to continue the discussion over here about whether or not having a group of all conservative moderators affects the management and/or climate in the P&R section...

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Ban Buff. He needs it.

14 days

tia

frauschieze
10-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Ban Buff. He needs it.

14 days

tia

Buff for Moderator 2008.

:laugh:

gnomeflinger
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Buff for Moderator 2008.

Are you campaigning Buff? :D

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Moderators aren't biased.

They just have favourites. :salute:

Buff
10-22-2008, 04:22 PM
And to this, I will make one more comment also - I can guarantee you that politics is not modded based on a poster's political affiliation, but is ONLY modded based on violations of the posted rules/guidelines.

I will acknowledge that by and large the moderators have acted in an unbiased manner...

And I'm not trying to stir the pot to be an ungrateful complainer who's trying to make Tned's life more complicated than it needs to be. I just think that if we really view P&R as a problem, we ought to be changing the people who are moderating as much as we ought to be changing the way the moderators do their job. And I don't mean to say our current group has done a bad job-- I just think it wouldn't hurt to have some different opinions.

My contention with what you just posted is that you guys (mods) have biases that you may not even know about. We all do. It has to do with our own values and upbringing. It's not that your decisions are unfair, it's just that they are fairly one sided.

Example: What consisutes a cesspool to a middle aged, christian, republican may be completely acceptable to a younger, non-religious liberal. And that's not saying one is right and one is wrong, it just means we ought to bring in more voices. Just my opinion.

Buff
10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Are you campaigning Buff? :D

Not at all... I kind of like being able to be a hot head and take sides on an issue...

Rex
10-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Buff,

The cesspool referrals are more to the approach to the methods and complete and total lack of constructive discussion...not Liberal content.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2008, 04:26 PM
I will acknowledge that by and large the moderators have acted in an unbiased manner...

And I'm not trying to stir the pot to be an ungrateful complainer who's trying to make Tned's life more complicated than it needs to be. I just think that if we really view P&R as a problem, we ought to be changing the people who are moderating as much as we ought to be changing the way the moderators do their job. And I don't mean to say our current group has done a bad job-- I just think it wouldn't hurt to have some different opinions.

My contention with what you just posted is that you guys (mods) have biases that you may not even know about. We all do. It has to do with our own values and upbringing. It's not that your decisions are unfair, it's just that they are fairly one sided.

Example: What consisutes a cesspool to a middle aged, christian, republican may be completely acceptable to a younger, non-religious liberal. And that's not saying one is right and one is wrong, it just means we ought to bring in more voices. Just my opinion.

We mod the post - not the poster. If the post violates the posted rules/guidelines, it gets action. If it does not, it gets no action.

frauschieze
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM

As a younger, non-religious left-leaning centrist.....I still think P&R is a cesspool. :hi:

turftoad
10-22-2008, 04:29 PM

So, you don't think that the recently banned (from the P&R) members deserved it??

Buff
10-22-2008, 04:44 PM
So, you don't think that the recently banned (from the P&R) members deserved it??

No... Not at all. Even the notorious right-winger who was among them.

I think everyone takes themselves way too seriously around here-- mods, members, admin. I think the only reason anyone should ever get banned is because they Spam the board and are not actual contributors... I think it takes on a very elitist mentality when we're telling people who want to be here that they are not good enough to be here (Again, it's an online message board for pete's sake).

The problem is this-- There are about 3-5 uber liberal posters who annoy this shit out of 90% of the right... And there are 2-4 uber conservative posters who annoy the shit out of 90% of the left... So what happens, is that people lash out against those folks, and then are scolded by the mods for lashing out. So the members who get scolded feel like they've been wronged (because, hey, they were just trying to tell that jackass how annoying he is) and therefore they throw their arms up and say "this is a cesspool, I'm taking my ball and going home."

The easy solution would be very loosely moderate it so that people don't have to mince words, let them say exactly what they want to say because members can police themselves better than mods could ever hope to. But that won't happen, because we're apparently opposed to it being a "free for all".

So I don't know what the easy solution is... But can't hurt to try and add a few dissenting opinions just for the sake of perceived balance among management within P&R.

tubby
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Buff you are not moderator material. No offense.

Simple Jaded
10-22-2008, 04:47 PM
It's hard to imagine anything to do with Politics NOT being a cesspool......

slim
10-22-2008, 04:47 PM

I think everyone takes themselves way too seriously around here-- mods, members, admin. I think the only reason anyone should ever get banned is because they Spam the board and are not actual contributors... I think it takes on a very elitist mentality when we're telling people who want to be here that they are not good enough to be here (Again, it's an online message board for pete's sake).

The problem is this-- There are about 3-5 uber liberal posters who annoy this shit out of 90% of the right... And there are 2-4 uber conservative posters who annoy the shit out of 90% of the left... So what happens, is that people lash out against those folks, and then are scolded by the mods for lashing out. So the members who get scolded feel like they've been wronged (because, hey, they were just trying to tell that jackass how annoying he is) and therefore they throw their arms up and say "this is a cesspool, I'm taking my ball and going home."

The easy solution would be very loosely moderate it so that people don't have to mince words, let them say exactly what they want to say because members can police themselves better than mods could ever hope to. But that won't happen, because we're apparently opposed to it being a "free for all".

So I don't know what the easy solution is... But can't hurt to try and add a few dissenting opinions just for the sake of perceived balance among management within P&R.

Spoken like a true hippie...

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Can't we just police ourselves man. We don't need no stinken "rules". :D

NightTrainLayne
10-22-2008, 04:54 PM

That's one way, or the other way is what Tned has done.

Both ways are "fair", and I'd dare say, knowing the mods that I know, that they are more lenient when dealing with those of the opposite political stripe than they are with those on "their side".

Tned has stated many, many times HIS goals for P&R. He's the one the pays the bills, and he does a very fair job of enforcing some very fair rules and guidelines, and has been more than lenient when it comes to dropping the hammer.

I don't think there's anything to complain about. Opinions of both sides can be voiced , and argued tenaciously. There's no suppression of ideas that I can see, and if somebody doesn't like being civil as they discuss politics then go find another place to hang your hat.

This is what Tned wants out of P&R and so he's going to get it. If it's good, it will continue here and probably grow. If it's bad, then everyone who is into P&R will leave. Myself, (and I think I speak for several others) I like the direction he's taking it. But that's probably why myself and others have been here since the Freak closed down anyway.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Not buying it one bit.
It would take too much effort to climb out of the tree to bitch slap anyone.

Buff
10-22-2008, 05:02 PM
All right, if a moderator would be so kind as to close this thread I'd appreciate it--it didn't really turn into the discussion I was hoping it would-- It just turned into me bitching...

All I'm saying is that I came for the Broncos and stayed for the politics and it sucks that we seem to be headed down the same path as Mania's politics section...

Please close thread now.

Rex
10-22-2008, 05:03 PM
All right, if a moderator would be so kind as to close this thread I'd appreciate it--it didn't really turn into the discussion I was hoping it would-- It just turned into me bitching...

All I'm saying is that I came for the Broncos and stayed for the politics and it sucks that we seem to be headed down the same path as Mania's politics section...

Please close thread now.

Dont you wish you were a mod so you could close this thread?

Via La Buff's Thread.

Tubby, take a dump. I will post some hot dog ass for Nut.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 05:12 PM

If you have to admit that moderating has been unbiased, then what's the
problem? Perhaps part of it is that you don't know the process that goes
on behind the scenes.

We have a discussion forum, where we often bring up a "gray" issue that is
not clear to a Mod or that he/she may be biased on so the others can
offer their input. This happens often.

Also, when we issue a "Concering your post" PM, it is replicated in another
discussion forum for all Mods to see. When other Mods disagree with such
an action, they post it there, and it happens.

Moreover, in our discussion forums, we have had long and thorough
discussions on making sure our moderating remains fair and balanced at all
times. When a moderating issue comes up, the Rules and Guidelines are at
the center of it, and that is our consideration. Nothing else.

We view it as a great boon to our staff that Anubis and Den21, neither who
is conservative, are among us because they make us think and help to
balance things. But when they were selected, it was not because of their
political or religious philosophies but because we felt they would make
excellent moderators. This is also true of Turftoad, Dread, Davii, Mike, and
JR. (Carol and I were there from the start, and JR followed us only days
later.)

Far as replacing Mods, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They are all still excellent
Mods. And Anubis is an excellent Mod.

If you want Anubis to stay, what I suggest you do is to PM him . . . ALL of
you, and let him know. If he insists on leaving the staff, that will be a BIG
loss to us all. Maybe he needs to know whether you really want him.

Why not find out?

-----

topscribe
10-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Thread reopened at thread-starter's request.

-----

Day1BroncoFan
10-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I think the Mods have been fair.

KCL
10-22-2008, 06:38 PM

Troublemaker.....:rolleyes:

j/k....:D

turftoad
10-22-2008, 06:40 PM
I posted this in another thread but it probably needs to be here a little more:

Ah, I agree. When asked to be a Mod here (comming from the Freak) Tned nor the mods didn't know if I were black or white, republican or democrat, a college student, bag man or business man, 18 or 70 years old.
They referenced the Freak and I beleive got a few recomendations from there also.
None of the Mods have been chosen just because of their political affiliation.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
I posted this in another thread but it probably needs to be here a little more:

Ah, I agree. When asked to be a Mod here (comming from the Freak) Tned nor the mods didn't know if I were black or white, republican or democrat, a college student, bag man or business man, 18 or 70 years old.
They referenced the Freak and I beleive got a few recomendations from there also.
None of the Mods have been chosen just because of their political affiliation.

It is absolutely correct that none of the Mods have been chosen because of their political affiliation. Once again, this is a Broncos Forum. Why would/should political affiliation even come into play? What we tried to do was add Mods from the Freak and the Mane.

Npba900
10-22-2008, 06:53 PM

Sorry Slim, you totally missed this one and your response reeks with bias conservatism. Buff has spoken with the true belief in fairness, tolerance, and treating adults like adults. Its not the job of the moderators to be dictatorial in nature and to treat the adults in this forum like children when it comes to discussing politics.

turftoad
10-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry Slim, you totally missed this one and your response reeks with bias conservatism. Buff has spoken with the true belief in fairness, tolerance, and treating adults like adults. Its not the job of the moderators to be dictatorial in nature and to treat the adults in this forum like children when it comes to discussing politics.

Unless of couse said adults are acting like children. Not only that but Slim was kidding with Buff if you didn't notice.

KCL
10-22-2008, 06:56 PM

I don't believe the mods are treating adults like children in P and R.I also believe that they are fair as well.People who get themselves banned have only themselves to blame.There is a CoC in place for a reason.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I do not understand your conclusion that the moderators are being dictatorial in nature and treat the adults in this forum like children. We have a set of POSTED rules/guidelines which outlines what is not acceptable. Those are what we mod by.

Buff
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
If you have to admit that moderating has been unbiased, then what's the
problem? Perhaps part of it is that you don't know the process that goes
on behind the scenes.

We have a discussion forum, where we often bring up a "gray" issue that is
not clear to a Mod or that he/she may be biased on so the others can
offer their input. This happens often.

Also, when we issue a "Concering your post" PM, it is replicated in another
discussion forum for all Mods to see. When other Mods disagree with such
an action, they post it there, and it happens.

Moreover, in our discussion forums, we have had long and thorough
discussions on making sure our moderating remains fair and balanced at all
times. When a moderating issue comes up, the Rules and Guidelines are at
the center of it, and that is our consideration. Nothing else.

We view it as a great boon to our staff that Anubis and Den21, neither who
is conservative, are among us because they make us think and help to
balance things. But when they were selected, it was not because of their
political or religious philosophies but because we felt they would make
excellent moderators. This is also true of Turftoad, Dread, Davii, Mike, and
JR. (Carol and I were there from the start, and JR followed us only days
later.)

Far as replacing Mods, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They are all still excellent
Mods. And Anubis is an excellent Mod.

If you want Anubis to stay, what I suggest you do is to PM him . . . ALL of
you, and let him know. If he insists on leaving the staff, that will be a BIG
loss to us all. Maybe he needs to know whether you really want him.

Why not find out?

-----

I'm not advocating replacing any mods... And there is no "problem" per se, I'm just kind of thinking aloud on how to "fix" P&R to make it better for everyone... I don't mean to slight any of the current mods who by and large do a great job.

It can't hurt to have some more dissenting opinions within the mod discussions behind the scenes. Plus, having more differing opinions might help determine exactly what the problem within P&R is (if there is one) and what should be done to fix it... I get the impression we're a little bogged down by "groupthink" as a community. As we sit here having the same "problems" with politics and religion as Mania over and over again, I can't help but wonder if the "problems" lie with those who perceive them... Meaning, maybe a utopian P&R is a pipe dream and we either need to scrap it all together or lighten up on our behavioral expectations. (I would obviously prefer the latter, but I'd rather just scrap the whole thing all together rather than return to the police state that is broncomania)

I guess the reason I started this thread is that if we are going to change our expectations of P&R, then we ought to shake up the status quo within the moderators as well... And the easiest way to do that is to add moderators.

Again, just my two cents...

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry Slim, you totally missed this one and your response reeks with bias conservatism.

:tsk:

I respect Buff's opinion. I will honestly say that there probably is an inkling of conservative bias from the moderators, but certainly not enough to make it a problem.

The above response is just ridiculous, and shows why said poster was part of the problem, and why I decided to opt out of the forum. Sure, the above poster makes the routinely post in the Broncos forum so said poster doesn't get in trouble, but the poster is not here for the Broncos, they are here to make problems.

I will continue to do so, despite opting in for about four hours yesterday. I get caught up in it, and for that I am guilty. I've enjoyed my time in the lounge and the Broncos threads in the last few weeks more than I've enjoyed myself on this forum in long time. Politics, unfortunately, divide us, when in all actuality, I'd probably love to have a beer with those who are civil about the matter.

I will continue to stay opted out, because I cannot hold myself back...and that's a personal issue...at least until after the election, but I also don't think that the mods are unfair. Bias and Unfair are two different entities in themselves. Bias means they lean one way. Unfair means they use that bias to their advantage. I haven't seen any of that, imo.

I am not going to post in the thread about whether or not the forum will go away, because I've opted out...but I don't think it should.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm not advocating replacing any mods... And there is no "problem" per se, I'm just kind of thinking aloud on how to "fix" P&R to make it better for everyone... I don't mean to slight any of the current mods who by and large do a great job.

It can't hurt to have some more dissenting opinions within the mod discussions behind the scenes. Plus, having more differing opinions might help determine exactly what the problem within P&R is (if there is one) and what should be done to fix it... I get the impression we're a little bogged down by "groupthink" as a community. As we sit here having the same "problems" with politics and religion as Mania over and over again, I can't help but wonder if the "problems" lie with those who perceive them... Meaning, maybe a utopian P&R is a pipe dream and we either need to scrap it all together or lighten up on our behavioral expectations. (I would obviously prefer the latter, but I'd rather just scrap the whole thing all together rather than return to the police state that is broncomania)

I guess the reason I started this thread is that if we were going to change our expectations of P&R, then we ought to shake up the status quo within the moderators as well... And the easiest way to do that is to add moderators.

Buff, we have about 450 active members and 9 mods. That is less members
per mod than any other board around. How many more do we need?

-----

KCL

I guess the reason I started this thread is that if we are going to change our expectations of P&R, then we ought to shake up the status quo within the moderators as well... And the easiest way to do that is to add moderators.

who would you suggest adding?

claymore

I guess the reason I started this thread is that if we were going to change our expectations of P&R, then we ought to shake up the status quo within the moderators as well... And the easiest way to do that is to add moderators.

Buff, you are right'ish.

Also keep in mind its a few days from election, 2 months from now this stuff will calm down because we will be stuck with McCain for 4 years. :salute:

Buff
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Buff, we have about 450 active members and 9 mods. That is less members
per mod than any other board around. How many more do we need?

-----

Well, in that case-- replace some mods... :whoknows:

I don't care how it happens, my core argument is that we ought to try to be representative of the membership as a whole, especially as the community grows-- If that means having separate mods for P&R, then maybe that's the way to go...

Npba900
10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I do not understand your conclusion that the moderators are being dictatorial in nature and treat the adults in this forum like children. We have a set of POSTED rules/guidelines which outlines what is not acceptable. Those are what we mod by.

Its important to have guidelines and to have a Coc as KC mentioned. However, when it comes to discussing politics in a political forum, the forum can be become over moderated, and the guidelines may become over penalizing in nature.

So as a result, currently the standards set as we speak does not allow opinionated discourse, w/o someone becoming thin skinned and getting their feelings hurt. The moderators have set the tone, but have not allowed the forum members a chance to resolve the rights of each poster to "Agree to Disagree".

The standard bearer for getting banned I believe should mainly rest with whether a poster threatens another poster with bodily/physical harm, using profanity, racism, harassment-spamming, and par-taking in personal gender attacks.

I also, believe before a moderator(s) should intervene, the forum members in the political section, should let a fellow poster know that they have been attacked personally and to please stop; if the request is ignored...then for the sake of law and order, the moderators must intervene.

At the same time, the moderators must be able to distinguished btwn tattle-telling and mob mentality vendettas against posters from other members versus with distinguishing true violations of the guidelines. Now if the guidelines have already been set up not to take into consideration the need for the enforcement of tolerance and temperament amongst forum members, the intent of open minded opinions and discussions when it comes to politics is severely restricted.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 07:25 PM

I don't care how it happens, my core argument is that we ought to try to be representative of the membership as a whole, especially as the community grows-- If that means having separate mods for P&R, then maybe that's the way to go...

Well, once again, you appear to be advocating "affirmative action."

I repeat: That will not happen. Because when it does, ethnic/political/religious
concerns become more important that qualifications.

We have nine Mods. Two are either at center or "leftish." Another is non-
political. One or two others don't care that much. This is by accident
because it is not a consideration. And it will not be. We will not reject a
more qualified candidate to "balance out" demographic representation in an
enforcement capacity.

-----

MasterShake
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM

Don't make me a mod. I'll ban all your asses.

Buff
10-22-2008, 07:37 PM

I repeat: That will not happen. Because when it does, ethnic/political/religious

enforcement capacity.

-----

Well, this is a perfect example of why we need a more diverse set of mods... You aren't even open to the notion of implementing a more diverse group. Because, of course, you're against affirmative action; and I'd be willing to be all the other mods are too. *shrugs*

Buff
10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
...And to expand on the affirmative action point a bit, the implication there is that we'd be passing over more qualified candidates to implement this system... My contention is that these people would be just as qualified, but might not have been looked at in the past for one reason or another.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Well, this is a perfect example of why we need a more diverse set of mods... You aren't even open to the notion of implementing a more diverse group. Because, of course, you're against affirmative action; and I'd be willing to be all the other mods are too. *shrugs*

Buff, I'm not against diversity. I'm just for qualifications. The most qualified
candidate. Period. I don't care about his/her politics, religion, ethnicity, or
sexual orientation. I want the best Mod. For instance, if we need a new Mod,
I would throw your name in the pot because I think you would make a good
one . . . even though you know we don't agree on much, outside of our
Broncos. That is because of what I perceive of your qualifications. Nothing
else.

I'll let you in on another secret: You're well thought of by more than just me
among the staff. We have had other names come up as candidates, too,
some of them "liberal," and not all known whites. But it's qualification. That's
the buzz word, and that will not change.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2008, 07:46 PM

So, you suggest replacing some mods just to satisfy the ratio in one area ONLY of Broncos Forums - politics? Broncos Forums was not started as a political forum. Why not just let the mods do their job based on the posted rules/guidelines - which by the way is not only there for the mods to do their job, but also as a guideline for ALL members to follow.

Npba900
10-22-2008, 07:48 PM

enforcement capacity.

-----

Topscribe, how do you make the leap of logic of having a represenative membership as the community grows and diversifies....in your view its suddenly affirmative action! At this point, one could accuse you of being intolerant and narrowed minded.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Topscribe, how do you make the leap of logic of having a represenative membership as the community grows and diversifies....in your view its suddenly affirmative action! At this point, one could accuse you of being intolerant and narrowed minded.

NP, you would accuse me of that, no matter what I do. That's just you. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thwink.gif

But it doesn't matter. No one has considered you for the job, anyway. :laugh:

-----

Northman
10-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I posted this in my resignation thread. (obviously, im not resigning anymore) but it does pertain to Buff's question.

As for the discussions about uneven modding. No, there is no bias. Ive said it to a lot of you in either PM's or publically that we discuss every issue and every banning. And sometimes it can be stressful as a mod when you may or may not agree with a decision. While i may of had some doubts about some of the recent discussions i still supported it 100%. So any mention of unfairness to the recent bans falls on my shoulders just as much as any other mod here. A lot of people think it was unfair but keep in mind we had been trying for months to get everyone on the same page and to try and conduct themselves civily.

I truly hate the fact that we have to ban people no matter who they are. Its disappointing that we have to come to those determinations as a group. With that said, the direction and practices that we will bring to P&R will help alleviate and bring some stability back to that forum. It may seem harsh but we in a last ditch effort are trying whatever we can to keep from removing that board from this forum. I strongly urge each and every one of you to double your efforts to try and maintain some civility in that forum.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2008, 07:56 PM

Well then, as the community grows and diversifies, and again, understanding that politics is just one part of Broncos Forums, then should we add mods who are not Bronco backers, but are backers of other teams. We have those posters here. That sure would satisfy the diversity issue for the whole board.

Politics is NOT the only thing on Broncos Forums

Buff
10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Buff, I'm not against diversity. I'm just for qualifications. The most qualified
candidate. Period. I don't care about his/her politics, religion, ethnicity, or
sexual orientation. I want the best Mod. For instance, if we need a new Mod,
I would throw your name in the pot because I think you would make a good
one . . . even though you know we don't agree on much, outside of our
Broncos. That is because of what I perceive of your qualifications. Nothing
else.

I'll let you in on another secret: You're well thought of by more than just me
among the staff. We have had other names come up as candidates, too,
some of them "liberal," and not all known whites. But it's qualification. That's
the buzz word, and that will not change.

-----

It is a fine line... Because on one hand, I'm all about promoting the most qualified person too. I agree it's all about qualifications... The only thing I agree with about A.A. is that if someone, for one reason or another, isn't even being considered for a job, not even making it into the pool, then that's when some outsider needs to step in and say "Hey, these guys are qualified too, make sure you're considering them as well."

Now, maybe I'm just wrong and these people have been considered. It sounds like that's the case. But I wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't perceived the contrary... (Not saying my perception is correct necessarily)

I don't think we need to fill a quota or say x% of members are known lefties so we need x% of the moderators to follow suit... I just think that, in general, these are things that ought to be taken into account.

Tned
10-22-2008, 08:00 PM

Having a more diverse set of mods would be a good thing. I firmly believe that. However, the first consideration has to be whether or not we think a poster would make a good mod.

The fact is that in recent months the mods have bent over backwards to not appear biased, due to pressure I put on them. Many of them have minimized, or eliminated their political posting. They have often let liberal posters get away with more than conservative ones, to try and avoid the appearance of bias, because I stressed how critical it was.

As a result, they didn't mod 'fairly', they were FAR too lenient, because of pressure I put on them. While the result was that a couple outspoken posters who were turning P&R into a place that the majority of posters no longer liked, were given passes, when they should have been suspended.

That is 'reverse-bias' and it is my fault.

As everyone knows, I am willing to discuss rules, how the board is run and all those things. I think it is healthy for a community, and over time we should strive to update rules and how the message board is run, to represent the current community makeup.

However, when it comes to mod bias, we are talking about the fact that the current makeup 'theoretically' lends itself to a bias. Instead, what would be far more productive, is if you see something you think is unfair moderator action, report it or PM me. I will investigate it. We will discuss it. There have been many tense moments behind the scenes, as ALL of us (the mods and I) have made mistakes, or made decisions that others wouldn't agree with. We discuss those situations, and hopefully learn from them.

As to your belief, and a few other posters, that the political forum should be mostly a free-for-all, nearly unmoderated forum, from what I see, you guys are in a minority in believing that is the best course of action. The feedback I have received, and the polls I posted have shown, is that most message board members don't like nor want an "anything goes" political forum.

As to the mods, and 'majority' of members on this message board, you have my apologies for pushing the mods to be so careful to not appear biased, that we allowed the political forum to go to shit.

Npba900
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Well then, as the community grows and diversifies, and again, understanding that politics is just one part of Broncos Forums, then should we add mods who are not Bronco backers, but are backers of other teams. We have those posters here. That sure would satisfy the diversity issue for the whole board.

Politics is NOT the only thing on Broncos Forums

Actually, the Political forum has already grown and diversified before I very eyes. Think about it, our Political forum has grown large enough to now have two different Political forums with two different behavioral guidelines and two different sets of moderators.

You can start a new Political forum made up of all the members who have been banned/suspended btwn Jan-08 thru 20 Oct 08 with new moderators and a new set of guideline and rules voted on by the following members...Lets Call it "Hardcore Politics"

Gwplant 10/12 24 Hours Defying mod directives to cease actions/Trolling/Circumventing the language filter
*WTE-ban lifted 10/2 10 hours Upon review, poster was not given proper warnings prior to ban.
WTE 10/2 2 Days Attacks and Sexual Inuendos against other members
Spider 8/21 14 Days Inappropriate response to mod
Nature Boy 8/20 30 Days Numerous, including: Disregarded Admins instructions, mocked mods actions in user title
Spider 8/9 P&R 14 Days Repeated personal attacks and disregarding moderator instructions
CasinoRoyal 8/4 Permanent Duplicate Screen Name (Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes)
Post Secret 7/13 Permanent Duplicate screen name
Nature Boy 6/27 7 days Failure to comply with moderator directives
ClevelandRocks 6/11 14 days Failure to comply with directive to remove controversial images statements from sig/avvy
Escobar 6/11 Permanent Threatened Admin/Failed to comply with admin's instructions
Nature Boy 5/28 7 days Disregarding multiple warnings by admin about attacking other members
Nature Boy 5/21 24 Hours Disregarding multiple mod instructions/warnings
donkeystyle 5/7 Permanent Replying "blow me" to admin warning about dupe accounts
broncosaurus 5/7 Permanent Duplicate accounts are not allowed
donkeystyle 5/6 14 days Replying F___ you to moderator
Escobar 5/2 7 days Multiple COC violations
DenverBronkHoes 4/22 3 days Multiple violations, the latest circumventing the filter
RATFACESHANNY 4/9 3 days Multiple violations and defying moderators directives
EMB6903 4/4 14 days Disregarding moderators instructions -- Quoting moderator instructions in sig
Dream 3/4 7 days Personal Attack
ripdarrentwilliams27 3/2 Permanent Duplicate accounts are not allowed
Rip27 3/1 Permanent Duplicate Accounts Are Not Allowed
#1bmarshfan 3/1 7 days Spamming the message board with "fag" posts...
YoungMoneyMay 2/14 Permanent Duplicate Accounts Are Not Allowed
Lex 1/27 7 days Moderator attack in signature
JayCutty6Goes 1/25 Indefinite Account disabled due to threat of legal action.

And of course you can keep the current Political forum with the current moderators and with the current memberhsip who gave high fives for all the members who the moderators had banned and suspended. These members are as followed:

Anubis, Az Snake, BaileyTheBest, Benetto, BOSSHOGG30, Bronco Bible, Bronco9798, Broncogator, broncogirler, BroncoJoe, Broncolingus, Broncospsycho77, claymore, Colorado4Life, DenverBronkHoes, fcspikeit, FJC_77, Hobe, Hoshdude7, JayCutler4MVP!!!, Jody, Jrwiz, King87, LordTrychon, Medford Bronco, Nick, rcsodak, RunYouOver, Sassy, schnooks1, SeeingRed, shamed fan, Sharkie, slim, Stand Ablaze, TheWookieeBronco, Timmy!, tubby, turftoad, TXBRONC, Ziggy

Now this is an example of choice.......

Lonestar
10-22-2008, 08:10 PM

enforcement capacity.

-----

for those that care.. even within the so-called "conservative mods" we routinely seem to have several different ideas on how to do things.. even within the "COC".

for those of you that think we think in lockstep on each and every reported post or action taken your sadly mistaken..

I mentioned to Tned the other day it is like herding cats.. getting a clear vote on anything it is kinda like the supreme court lots of 5-4 votes on lots of things.. even a few 4-4-1

so folks Tned should be thanked by one and all for his patience in funding and fathering this message board.. You have no idea how much time he puts into the back office stuff and how little time he gets to post. :salute:

dogfish
10-22-2008, 08:15 PM
make dream a mod!!

:rofl:

When asked to be a Mod here (comming from the Freak) Tned nor the mods didn't know if I were black or white, republican or democrat, a college student, bag man or business man, 18 or 70 years old.

if only they'd known! :fear:

topscribe
10-22-2008, 08:15 PM
for those that care.. even within the so-called "conservative mods" we routinely seem to have several different ideas on how to do things.. even within the "COC".

for those of you that think we think in lockstep on each and every reported post or action taken your sadly mistaken..

I mentioned to Tned the other day it is like herding cats.. getting a clear vote on anything it is kinda like the supreme court lots of 5-4 votes on lots of things.. even a few 4-4-1

so folks Tned should be thanked by one and all for his patience in funding and fathering this message board.. You have no idea how much time he puts into the back office stuff and how little time he gets to post. :salute:

Thanks for this. I was spending so much time talking about which Mods are
"conservative" and which are not that I failed to give credit to the ones
who are "conservative." I have seen you all often fly brutally in the face of
your own personal beliefs to be fair with our posters. This needed to be
brought out into the open.

-----

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Actually, the Political forum has already grown and diversified before I very eyes. Think about it, our Political forum has grown large enough to now have two different Political forums with two different behavioral guidelines and two different sets of moderators.

You can start a new Political forum made up of all the members who have been banned/suspended btwn Jan-08 thru 20 Oct 08. And of course you can keep the current Political forum with the current moderators and with the current memberhsip who gave high fives for all the members who the moderators had banned and suspended.

Here's part of the problem. And especially why I opted out. We get this bullshit response, so I respond in accordance. I my post gets deleted.

Tned
10-22-2008, 08:20 PM
It is a fine line... Because on one hand, I'm all about promoting the most qualified person too. I agree it's all about qualifications... The only thing I agree with about A.A. is that if someone, for one reason or another, isn't even being considered for a job, not even making it into the pool, then that's when some outsider needs to step in and say "Hey, these guys are qualified too, make sure you're considering them as well."

Now, maybe I'm just wrong and these people have been considered. It sounds like that's the case. But I wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't perceived the contrary... (Not saying my perception is correct necessarily)

I don't think we need to fill a quota or say x% of members are known lefties so we need x% of the moderators to follow suit... I just think that, in general, these are things that ought to be taken into account.

The last time we added mods, I requested nominations from the message board members. I requested that people suggest mod candidates, and give a 'reason' why they felt the candidate(s) would make a good moderator. Unfortunately, most people did not take me up on that offer. They didn't make suggestions. Only about a dozen or so message board members took the time to suggest a mod and give a reason why that person would make a good mod.

Coincidentally, the people that were already on the mods short list, were the people most often suggested/nominated by those that took the time to make the suggestion. I think that says something about the candidates we chose.

Further, quite frankly it says that the people that couldn't be bothered to take the time to suggest a candidate to fill the open mod spots, and give a 'reason' why that person would make a good mod, don't have the right to complain about the makeup of the moderator staff. It is much like a person not making the effort to vote, but then complaining about the outcome of the election.

Over time, the makeup of the mod staff will morph, as the rules of the message board will and other factors of the message board will change (like the adding of the high five or the Lounge). I am committed to continuously changing the message board to reflect the community at large. However, continuity of the moderation staff is one of the most important things to the message board. We are not going to add moderators, just so that more liberals (or other group) will be represented.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Here's part of the problem. And especially why I opted out. We get this bullshit response, so I respond in accordance. I my post gets deleted.

Well, here in this moderating action, we have an example of non-bias. :smile:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for this. I was spending so much time talking about which Mods are
"conservative" and which are not that I failed to give credit to the ones
who are "conservative." I have seen you all often fly brutally in the face of
your own personal beliefs to be fair with our posters. This needed to be
brought out into the open.

-----

What is that saying - "until you walk in someone's shoes"

Npba900
10-22-2008, 08:25 PM

And whats the problem with this suggestion??? In both Political forums members should know what type of political forum they are entering into.....are you against choice?

topscribe
10-22-2008, 08:26 PM
And whats the problem with this suggestion??? In both Political forums members should know what type of political forum they are entering into.....are you against choice?

Well yes, frankly. I'm pro-life. :D

-----

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Last time I checked there's one forum, so I really have no clue what you are talking about.

If you mean if I enter one of the ridiculous threads you start over and over, I should understand what thread I'm getting myself into, and should respond accordingly, you are then working against the CoC, and what the mods are asking for, no?

Tned

You can start a new Political forum made up of all the members who have been banned/suspended btwn Jan-08 thru 20 Oct 08 with new moderators and a new set of guideline and rules voted on by the following members...Lets Call it "Hardcore Politics"

Gwplant 10/12 24 Hours Defying mod directives to cease actions/Trolling/Circumventing the language filter
*WTE-ban lifted 10/2 10 hours Upon review, poster was not given proper warnings prior to ban.
WTE 10/2 2 Days Attacks and Sexual Inuendos against other members
Spider 8/21 14 Days Inappropriate response to mod
Nature Boy 8/20 30 Days Numerous, including: Disregarded Admins instructions, mocked mods actions in user title
Spider 8/9 P&R 14 Days Repeated personal attacks and disregarding moderator instructions
CasinoRoyal 8/4 Permanent Duplicate Screen Name (Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes)
Post Secret 7/13 Permanent Duplicate screen name
Nature Boy 6/27 7 days Failure to comply with moderator directives
ClevelandRocks 6/11 14 days Failure to comply with directive to remove controversial images statements from sig/avvy
Escobar 6/11 Permanent Threatened Admin/Failed to comply with admin's instructions
Nature Boy 5/28 7 days Disregarding multiple warnings by admin about attacking other members
Nature Boy 5/21 24 Hours Disregarding multiple mod instructions/warnings
donkeystyle 5/7 Permanent Replying "blow me" to admin warning about dupe accounts
broncosaurus 5/7 Permanent Duplicate accounts are not allowed
donkeystyle 5/6 14 days Replying F___ you to moderator
Escobar 5/2 7 days Multiple COC violations
DenverBronkHoes 4/22 3 days Multiple violations, the latest circumventing the filter
RATFACESHANNY 4/9 3 days Multiple violations and defying moderators directives
EMB6903 4/4 14 days Disregarding moderators instructions -- Quoting moderator instructions in sig
Dream 3/4 7 days Personal Attack
ripdarrentwilliams27 3/2 Permanent Duplicate accounts are not allowed
Rip27 3/1 Permanent Duplicate Accounts Are Not Allowed
#1bmarshfan 3/1 7 days Spamming the message board with "fag" posts...
YoungMoneyMay 2/14 Permanent Duplicate Accounts Are Not Allowed
Lex 1/27 7 days Moderator attack in signature
JayCutty6Goes 1/25 Indefinite Account disabled due to threat of legal action.

And of course you can keep the current Political forum with the current moderators and with the current memberhsip who gave high fives for all the members who the moderators had banned and suspended. These members are as followed:

Anubis, Az Snake, BaileyTheBest, Benetto, BOSSHOGG30, Bronco Bible, Bronco9798, Broncogator, broncogirler, BroncoJoe, Broncolingus, Broncospsycho77, claymore, Colorado4Life, DenverBronkHoes, fcspikeit, FJC_77, Hobe, Hoshdude7, JayCutler4MVP!!!, Jody, Jrwiz, King87, LordTrychon, Medford Bronco, Nick, rcsodak, RunYouOver, Sassy, schnooks1, SeeingRed, shamed fan, Sharkie, slim, Stand Ablaze, TheWookieeBronco, Timmy!, tubby, turftoad, TXBRONC, Ziggy

Now this is an example of choice.......

I know that you only came here for the political forum (something we will be addressing in the future, by only allowing regular participants of the main forums to opt-in to the political forum), so maybe you don't realize that over half of those people (probably closer to 2/3) were suspended/banned for posts OUTSIDE Of the the political forum.

It would be you and two or three or possibly four other posters in that "hardcore" forum posting among yourselves if we use your logic of creating a forum for those banned from P&R.

Quite frankly, I am not going to create a new forum for five people that can't follow the rules or post in a manner that is consistant with what the community at large wants.

ApaOps5
I think you guys have a much better run P&R forum then another site I post at and do camp reports for but will go unnamed but has the word Orange in it. That place is not modded at all. Yeah it leaves room for open heated passionate discussion but it also led to a sheriff officer losing his job.

You can engage in a respectful discussion then you won't have to worry about mod bias as it wouldn't have to be modded. Sometimes the grass appears greener but it isn't always.

Buff
10-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Further, quite frankly it says that the people that couldn't be bothered to take the time to suggest a candidate to fill the open mod spots, and give a 'reason' why that person would make a good mod, don't have the right to complain about the makeup of the moderator staff. It is much like a person not making the effort to vote, but then complaining about the outcome of the election. .

I wasn't aware this took place. I must have missed that, I don't always see town hall postings... I apologize for missing that, but it didn't have anything to do with not being bothered to take the time.

Npba900
10-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Well yes, frankly. I'm pro-life. :D

-----

Yes I know you are.:D However, would you agree that the Bronco Fan Political forum has grown large enough to splinter into two different Political forums based solely on those members who have been banned/suspended and with those members who have agreed with the mods who they banned/suspended?:beer:

topscribe
10-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Last time I checked there's one forum

He had his eyes crossed . . .http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2.gif

*sorry, couldn't help myself*

-----

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Yes I know you are.:D However, would you agree that the Bronco Fan Political forum has grown large enough to splinter into two different Political forums based solely on those members who have been banned/suspended and with those members who have agreed with the mods who they banned/suspended?:beer:

No.

slim
10-22-2008, 08:32 PM

Dude, give it a rest. Why would Tned want to create two political forums just so you and spider can run around playing grab ass?

If that is what you really what. Create your own forum.

Slick
10-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I never wanted to know any poster on a political or religious level, and making the locker room ruined Mania for me. I couldn't be happier that the P & R forums are opt-in.

I was always treated fairly by the mods on the few rare occasions I ventured in to those forums. It just seemed to me like typical politics...this is why I'm right and you're wrong, with an occasional decent discussion mixed in. Rarely did the two sides reach a compromise on any topic.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Stop it!! You're killing me!! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2.gif

------

Npba900
10-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Dude, give it a rest. Why would Tned want to create two political forums just so you and spider can run around playing grab ass?

If that is what you really what. Create your own forum.

So you and your ilk can stop crying rivers of complaints to the moderators that someone hurt your feelings or were hurt!!! OKAY!!:rolleyes:

slim
10-22-2008, 08:36 PM
So you and your ilk can stop crying rivers of complaints to the moderators that someone hurt your feelings or were hurt!!! OKAY!!:rolleyes:

WTF are you talking about? I never complained to a mod about anything in P&R. Not once.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 08:36 PM

Seriously. If that's what you want, why not start your own forum?

Why should Tned support those who refuse to obey the rules?

Npba900
10-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Stop it!! You're killing me!! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2.gif

------

Yeah I know, nothing like realizing you have choice of what type of political forum of discussion you'd like to partake in.:laugh: Its absolutely hilarious---I couldn't agree with you more. Nothing like thinking outside the box right??:D

slim
10-22-2008, 08:38 PM

Exactly...maybe we can start a thread to suggest domain names for his new message board :D

Lonestar
10-22-2008, 08:38 PM
lets get

:focus:

Moderator bias this is not about creating more forums..

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah I know, nothing like realizing you have choice of what type of political forum of discussion you'd like to partake in.:laugh: Its absolutely hilarious---I couldn't agree with you more. Nothing like thinking outside the box right??:D

Maybe you could join another instead of suggesting this one is bias.

ApaOps5

Seriously you must be kidding. Why on earth would the administrator of this site who pays for our recreation out of his own pocket go out of his way to accommodate people who have broken his rules, been vile to his members, and not contributed to the board he runs.

This is one of the lamest suggestions I have read in all my years of internet chat board usage.

slim
lets get

:focus:

Moderator bias this is not about creating more forums..

Yeah, well your just being baised. If you were liberal, you would let us do whatever we wanted :D

MOtorboat
This thread did not go south until Npba900 posted here. Does this tell anyone ANYTHING?!?!

slim
10-22-2008, 08:40 PM
This thread did not go south until Npba900 posted here. Does this tell anyone ANYTHING?!?!

Interesting observation, MO.

Npba900
10-22-2008, 08:41 PM

I know BroncoJoe....why complicate matters by having to THINK of other options?? Actually, Tned wouldn't even need to bother to monitor the alternate political forum b/c the rules would be set by the new moderators and the forum members themselves.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Exactly...maybe we can start a thread to suggest domain names for his new message board :D

I'd make a suggestion, but I don't want to be placed on the banned list.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 08:43 PM
I know BroncoJoe....why complicate matters by having to THINK of other options?? Actually, Tned wouldn't even need to bother to monitor the alternate political forum b/c the rules would be set by the new moderators and the forum members themselves.

Dude, start your own forum. 99% of us are happy here.

Especially when you're on vacation.

Mike
10-22-2008, 08:45 PM

Or maybe we can be respectful to each other and not post stuff just to get a rise out of others or antagonize?

Tned
10-22-2008, 08:46 PM
I wasn't aware this took place. I must have missed that, I don't always see town hall postings... I apologize for missing that, but it didn't have anything to do with not being bothered to take the time.

I understand. I am pretty sure it was one of the threads that I posted reminders in the main forums pointing to the Town Hall thread, but again very few people responded.

For those that want input into mods, go ahead and take the time to make a suggestion (instructions here: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15968&highlight=suggestion), so that next time we need to fill a moderator spot, we will be sure to have your input.

My intention is not to point fingers, but to point out that we have worked very hard to get member feedback in virtually every decision that is made on this message board. However, most members don't get involved. The only voice that we don't listen to are the silent ones.

topscribe
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I understand. I am pretty sure it was one of the threads that I posted reminders in the main forums pointing to the Town Hall thread, but again very few people responded.

For those that want input into mods, go ahead and take the time to make a suggestion (instructions here: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15968&highlight=suggestion), so that next time we need to fill a moderator spot, we will be sure to have your input.

My intention is not to point fingers, but to point out that we have worked very hard to get member feedback in virtually every decision that is made on this message board. However, most members don't get involved. The only voice that we don't listen to are the silent ones.

And on this note, let's take Tned's queue and stay on topic. :focus:

-----

topscribe
10-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Okay, one FINAL time: :focus:

-----

Tned
10-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Okay, one FINAL time: :focus:

-----

I'm thinking we need to start having faxed in proof of visual acuity before being allowed to post, because some people 'clearly' can't read...

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm thinking we need to start having faxed in proof of visual acuity before being allowed to post, because some people 'clearly' can't read...

My sister's husband's brother is my optometrist.

I blame him.

Lonestar
10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
My sister's husband's brother is my optometrist.

I blame him.

sure he is not a proctologist

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 09:19 PM
sure he is not a proctologist

Hell, I don't know. I can see out of my a$$ as good as my eyes.

Tned
10-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Hell, I don't know. I can see out of my a$$ as good as my eyes.

Ass isn't censored ;)

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Ass isn't censored ;)

Cool. Old habits die hard I suppose....

Ass.

tubby
10-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I can't believe Buff wants to be a Mod. :lol:

Lonestar
10-22-2008, 09:26 PM

Ass.

see how liberal we are!!

MasterShake
10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
see how liberal we are!!

Not quite. I think if you were truly liberal here 35% of every user high five would be evenly distributed among the other members.

Lonestar
10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Not quite. I think if you were truly liberal here 35% of every user high five would be evenly distributed among the other members.

while I have not personally counted who got what I think I spread them around quite a bit..

Tned
10-22-2008, 09:45 PM

Ass.

I won't tell anyone you were trying to circumvent the filter :lol:

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Here is the problem:
Troll makes post.
I respond to post.
I'm told not to respond to post, the troll might go away.
I ask why, after MONTHS of problems with said poster why they are still allowed to post, and that I shouldn't question the mods actions, and then told to report the post.

My question is...where is the reported post going? I made the concern known to a mod...WTF else do I have to do...this is freakin' ridiculous!

Good members of this board are continuously given the run-around, while trolls continue to inhabit our P&R forum. That's why I opted out.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this board needs to grow a pair and start issuing some GOD DAMN permanent bans!

Tned
10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Here is the problem:
Troll makes post.
I respond to post.
I'm told not to respond to post, the troll might go away.
I ask why, after MONTHS of problems with said poster why they are still allowed to post, and that I shouldn't question the mods actions, and then told to report the post.

My question is...where is the reported post going? I made the concern known to a mod...WTF else do I have to do...this is freakin' ridiculous!

Good members of this board are continuously given the run-around, while trolls continue to inhabit our P&R forum. That's why I opted out.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this board needs to grow a pair and start issuing some GOD DAMN permanent bans!

Noted.

Npba900
10-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I know that you only came here for the political forum (something we will be addressing in the future, by only allowing regular participants of the main forums to opt-in to the political forum), so maybe you don't realize that over half of those people (probably closer to 2/3) were suspended/banned for posts OUTSIDE Of the the political forum.

It would be you and two or three or possibly four other posters in that "hardcore" forum posting among yourselves if we use your logic of creating a forum for those banned from P&R.

Quite frankly, I am not going to create a new forum for five people that can't follow the rules or post in a manner that is consistant with what the community at large wants.

Lets clear the table here:

After 5 Nov, the political forum will become a ghost town. By the way I have participated in the "Official Game Day threads" as well as participated in various other Bronco talk threads, so I am not soley only in the Political forum.

Also, I know a second forum would not be created!!! It was just a making suggestion!

topscribe
10-22-2008, 09:54 PM

Ass.

He was kidding.

Expect a ban any minute now . . .

-----

Tned
10-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Lets clear the table here:

After 5 Nov, the political forum will become a ghost town. By the way I have participated in the "Official Game Day threads" as well as participated in various other Bronco talk threads, so I am not soley only in the Political forum.

Also, I know a second forum would not be created!!! It was just a making suggestion!

Let's call it the way it is. You posted in a couple gameday threads so that you wouldn't be "only" a political poster.

I thank you, though. You helped remind us that this is a football forum first, and therefore we won't be granting opt-in privileges to people that only come here to talk politics. Instead, the politics forum will be reserved for solid members of the main forums. You are 'currently' grandfathered in this regard.

ApaOps5
10-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Like I said I don't think the mods are biased at all. However, I think the exclusion of people from the P&R Forum if they don't participate in the main forum is a bit too far. A lot of times people come for the football but find the P&R forums and stick to that. While this is a Broncos community its a community and as long as those members respect the rules by all means post.

Then again I never understood the people who only post in the WRP forum over at the other site. So I guess I see both sides. Basically I can talk in circles like the best politician. It seems to me the ones who are causing the problems aren't posting in the football talk forums. They are causing problems so ban them from the P&R forums. IF they decide to contribute in a manner that is constructive and thoughtful elsewhere then allow them back in. But exclusion without cause isn't something I think is right. I respect the owners decision because its his site but I thought I would give my perspective.

Tned
10-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Sorry back on topic. Like I said I don't think the mods are biased at all. However, I think the exclusion of people from the P&R Forum if they don't participate in the main forum is a bit too far. A lot of times people come for the football but find the P&R forums and stick to that. While this is a Broncos community its a community and as long as those members respect the rules by all means post.

Then again I never understood the people who only post in the WRP forum over at the other site. So I guess I see both sides.

Look at it another way. This is a football forum, that has political and religious forums for its members. Having people that could care less about the Broncos, football or the community at large, come in and spam the political forum and piss off the majority of members, causing many of them to opt-out of the political forum, simple doesn't seem to make sense.

ApaOps5
10-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Look at it another way. This is a football forum, that has political and religious forums for its members. Having people that could care less about the Broncos, football or the community at large, come in and spam the political forum and piss off the majority of members, causing many of them to opt-out of the political forum, simple doesn't seem to make sense.

I totally agree and actually edited this post to sort of reflect your idea. Again you are the boss so I totally respect your rules just giving some feedback. But to me the ones who come here and spam and add nothing constructive should be shown the door. If that is in graduated steps then so be it but start everyone with a clean slate and enough rope to hang themselves. The ones who just can't get by without being an ass will make a noose pretty quick.

Tned
10-22-2008, 10:53 PM
I totally agree and actually edited this post to sort of reflect your idea. Again you are the boss so I totally respect your rules just giving some feedback. But to me the ones who come here and spam and add nothing constructive should be shown the door. If that is in graduated steps then so be it but start everyone with a clean slate and enough rope to hang themselves. The ones who just can't get by without being an ass will make a noose pretty quick.

We welcome feedback. No subject is taboo to discuss, hence the Town Hall discussions. I might be the admin, but my only goal is to try and keep this community in line with the people that make up the community.

Due to my reluctance to ban people, we have had a number of members making nooses for themselves, but we have not been fastening the other end to the gallows. But, as MB so eloquently put it, I am growing a pair, and my reluctance to ban people has ended.

KCL
10-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Ass isn't censored ;)

So we can call people asses if we don't agree with them? ;)

topscribe
10-22-2008, 11:55 PM
So we can call people asses if we don't agree with them? ;)

You do, and you most definitely will get reactions from us.

You can bet your ass on that . . . :D

-----

KCL
10-23-2008, 12:07 AM
You do, and you most definitely will get reactions from us.

You can bet your ass on that . . . :D

-----

I promise to reserve that word for the most deserving posters.:laugh:

LordTrychon
10-23-2008, 12:38 AM
We welcome feedback. No subject is taboo to discuss, hence the Town Hall discussions. I might be the admin, but my only goal is to try and keep this community in line with the people that make up the community.

Due to my reluctance to ban people, we have had a number of members making nooses for themselves, but we have not been fastening the other end to the gallows. But, as MB so eloquently put it, I am growing a pair, and my reluctance to ban people has ended.

Who had '14 months' in the pool?

Seriously, this is an issue that Buff and I have gone back and forth quit a bit on in other discussions... and I was going to make a post... but I think you all have it covered.

So I'm making a post anyway.

:D

LordTrychon
10-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Who had '14 months' in the pool?

Seriously, this is an issue that Buff and I have gone back and forth quit a bit on in other discussions... and I was going to make a post... but I think you all have it covered.

So I'm making a post anyway.

P.S.....

LMAO at the bitching thread on the Mane about the issues here. Seriously.

topscribe
10-23-2008, 01:02 AM
P.S.....

Well, of course, we are essentially two different kinds of boards, which
attract different kinds of posters. So it makes a nice co-existence, really.

Having said that, I am glad they have their problems, and we have ours . . .

-----

LordTrychon
10-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Well, of course, we are essentially two different kinds of boards, which
attract different kinds of posters. So it makes a nice co-existence, really.

Having said that, I am glad that they have their problems, and we have ours . . .

-----

Granted... I have my own sort of twisted humor on the subject...

For me, it's one of those things... It's a sign that you've reached full importance as a board when there's another board whining about it. :laugh:

Co-existence is certainly great and important....

dogfish
10-23-2008, 01:08 AM
P.S.....

link please?

i wanna laugh at it too. . . . inter-messageboard drama is the bestest. . . . :laugh:

LordTrychon
10-23-2008, 01:14 AM
link please?

i wanna laugh at it too. . . . inter-messageboard drama is the bestest. . . . :laugh:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=73088

I can't believe I ran across this... I seldom hit the Mane.

That's how badly I need a job. :ugh:

topscribe
10-23-2008, 01:48 AM

Couldn't help it . . . had to post. :laugh:

-----

Davii
10-23-2008, 02:57 AM
If we were so biased would this thread, or the poster, be here?

Just a thought....

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM

Hmm, here's something funny.

I logged in to OM just to read this, curious what they're whining about.

Read the first page. . .when moving to the second page I was redirected to the login page which said that I wasn't logged in.

I tried to log in 3 other times and it won't let me log in now. .. .

Could there be any other explanation than that my account was disabled just for reading the thread? I think I have a total of like 4 posts over there, and didn't post anything this morning, just reading. . .

Funny to whine about Tned being a Hitler and then disabling someone's account just for reading. . .

LordTrychon
10-23-2008, 09:19 AM

Read the first page. . .when moving to the second page I was redirected to the login page which said that I wasn't logged in.

Could there be any other explanation than that my account was disabled just for reading the thread? I think I have a total of like 4 posts over there, and didn't post anything this morning, just reading. . .

Funny to whine about Tned being a Hitler and then disabling someone's account just for reading. . .

Wow... I would find that hard to believe... :eek:

Edit: Not that I don't believe you. ;)

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Wow... I would find that hard to believe... :eek:

Well, me too, but I logged in fine to read the first page, then when navigating to the 2nd page it says I'm either not logged in, or don't have permission to view the thread, or my account is disabled. Unless the whole site is having issues.

I sent an e-mail to OM admin, I'll wait for a response.

Oh well, it was what you would expect anyways. "What me? I didn't do anything".

Rex
10-23-2008, 09:25 AM
That was interesting.

Tned
10-23-2008, 09:25 AM

No, I am sure it is a cookie problem, or some other technical issue. I don't see the mods or TJ disabling anyone's account for reading that thread.

That thread, and a few others over the last few months bashing BF and myself, are the work of a handful of blowhards. It is not representative of the general membership of the Mane or TJ. Overall, the Mane is made up of good people and great Broncos fans. There is just a small handful of idiots that get their pink panties in a wad when they can't come over here and act like 12 year old brats and get away with it.

Rex
10-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Liberal or conservative. Discussing the topic is the point. Not spamming and name calling.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, me too, but I logged in fine to read the first page, then when navigating to the 2nd page it says I'm either not logged in, or don't have permission to view the thread, or my account is disabled. Unless the whole site is having issues.

I sent an e-mail to OM admin, I'll wait for a response.

Oh well, it was what you would expect anyways. "What me? I didn't do anything".

Did you check the "remember me" box? If you don't, that happens sometimes.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
That was interesting.

That was/is a joke.

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Did you check the "remember me" box? If you don't, that happens sometimes.

That fixed it. My apologies to the OM board for jumping to conclusions.

KCL
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
No, I am sure it is a cookie problem, or some other technical issue. I don't see the mods or TJ disabling anyone's account for reading that thread.

That thread, and a few others over the last few months bashing BF and myself, are the work of a handful of blowhards. It is not representative of the general membership of the Mane or TJ. Overall, the Mane is made up of good people and great Broncos fans. There is just a small handful of idiots that get their pink panties in a wad when they can't come over here and act like 12 year old brats and get away with it.

ah well...S them....:rolleyes:

Rex
10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Ban Clay for personal attacks via PM

Dreadnought
10-23-2008, 09:41 AM

Wow - that's a pointless content-free food fight isn't it?

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Dread, please ban yourself..............You have until 4:15 pm...eastern.

topscribe
10-23-2008, 10:18 AM

I'll do it! I'll do it! :dance:

-----

Slick
10-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow - that's a pointless content-free food fight isn't it?

It's too bad. I hate to see Tned or the mods get thrown under the bus.

tubby
10-23-2008, 10:32 AM

*razor sharp*

LordTrychon
10-23-2008, 10:44 AM

It's like Tned said... It only takes a few. Plus it's like they say... It's a wide wide world of web... so there's really more than a few out there.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll do it! I'll do it! :dance:

-----

You'll ban Dread?

GEM
10-23-2008, 11:37 AM

Since you want your own little forum to run wild on, how bout you pull out your credit card, go to godaddy and buy your own domain, then go to vbulletin and create your very own forum. Then you wouldn't be shackled down to such things as a COC and rules. You can run your OWN empire just the way you want...rather than coming on a board ran by someone else, spitting on that persons rules and demanding a forum of your very own.

:tsk: YOUR behavior is what is the problem with P&R right now. YOUR behavior is what is ruining it for everyone else. And sadly, that is the ONLY contribution you even make to this BRONCOS forum. :coffee:

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Seriously, why do you kiss each other's asses here? It really is okay to have your own opinion............I see nothing wrong with that.

Tned
10-23-2008, 11:44 AM

Don't sweat it. There are a handful of people (spider, 24champ, thedave, and a few others) that have posted lies and BS about me for months. Things like I am a racist, because for four hours while I was at work, someone (you don't have to reveal yourself, as it isn't relevant) posted a thread he thought would be funny, titled Obama is a nagger (apparently the funny part was nag, as in nagging). So, Thedave and others, posted how I was a racist, because this thread existed for four or five hours on 'my' forum, while I was at work and not even logged in.

The point is that for this handful of people, they don't care about the truth, they take little things out of context to attack me or this message board, because it isn't the Mane, or because I/we don't hold the exact political beliefs they do.

24champ attacks me, because a mod deleted an anal sex story (very graphic) that he posted in the lounge, during the long server outage when many of the maners took refuge here. He wasn't banned for it, or even reprimanded. The mod VERY politely explained that he had to delete it, but there was no hard feelings, because he could understand that for a new member to BF, it might not be clear where the lines were drawn in the Lounge. Rather than say, "hey, thanks for the heads up", 24champbailey, instead threw a temper tantrum, like a little school kid (which I think he might be), and started posting public tantrums about the mods and this forum in the Mane refugee thread. Since then, any time I post, or there is one of Spider's bash broncosforums threads, he chimes in. Just because we deleted his graphic, anal sex story.

So, as I said earlier, we are dealing with a handful of angry, mal-adjusted adults/kids. It is not representative of the Mane overall, or of TJ who owns the Mane. By and large, there are good people, and great Broncos' fans on the Mane.

To be honest I have fun with these idiots, which is why I go ahead and post in their bash threads. I enjoy a little flaming, and since our rules don't allow it, I sometimes go to the Mane to get my 'fix' in terms of some good ole' fashion flaming.

So, don't sweat that small group of mental midgets that feel the need to attack us because they see us as some sort of competition, rather than all one big part of the Broncos community, but instead pity them.

However, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but it is important to remember we are talking about a half dozen or so malcontents, and you cannot judge the Mane or TJ by these morons. To do so would be like judging Broncosforums as a whole based on the actions of Jwalk/Casino Royal, when he was a member here.

Tned
10-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Seriously, why do you kiss each other's asses here? It really is okay to have your own opinion............I see nothing wrong with that.

I don't know, for me personally, I think that it is that after chocolate and vanilla, shit flavor is my favorite... :confused:

I mean seriously, what do you even mean by that. Do you read any of the posts in Broncostalk or politics? There is CONSTANT difference of opinion that is posted. What has been talked about is the need to do it in something resembling a civil manner.

tubby
10-23-2008, 11:51 AM

Selvin Young = Cedric Cobbs

Rex
10-23-2008, 11:54 AM

Strong legs = Good RB

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't know, for me personally, I think that it is that after chocolate and vanilla, shit flavor is my favorite... :confused:

I mean seriously, what do you even mean by that. Do you read any of the posts in Broncostalk or politics? There is CONSTANT difference of opinion that is posted. What has been talked about is the need to do it in something resembling a civil manner.

Well, since you are about the only level headed mod/owner..........I'll tell you........People will just not disagree here..........it gets to be sickening......That's why the Freak was so great. I know you don't like hearing that name, but we could argue til the cows came home, or until cswil got a piece of ass, and at the end of the day, we were all still friends....no hard feelings...........a good debate can be alot of fun............I love to hear different opinions............convince me of something you strongly agree with, and I may change my mind completely.......but not many will do that here and if they do, they are threatened or just cast out of the little click..........

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Don't sweat it. There are a handful of people (spider, 24champ, thedave, and a few others) that have posted lies and BS about me for months. Things like I am a racist, because for four hours while I was at work, someone (you don't have to reveal yourself, as it isn't relevant) posted a thread he thought would be funny, titled Obama is a nagger (apparently the funny part was nag, as in nagging). So, Thedave and others, posted how I was a racist, because this thread existed for four or five hours on 'my' forum, while I was at work and not even logged in.

The point is that for this handful of people, they don't care about the truth, they take little things out of context to attack me or this message board, because it isn't the Mane, or because I/we don't hold the exact political beliefs they do.

24champ attacks me, because a mod deleted an anal sex story (very graphic) that he posted in the lounge, during the long server outage when many of the maners took refuge here. He wasn't banned for it, or even reprimanded. The mod VERY politely explained that he had to delete it, but there was no hard feelings, because he could understand that for a new member to BF, it might not be clear where the lines were drawn in the Lounge. Rather than say, "hey, thanks for the heads up", 24champbailey, instead threw a temper tantrum, like a little school kid (which I think he might be), and started posting public tantrums about the mods and this forum in the Mane refugee thread. Since then, any time I post, or there is one of Spider's bash broncosforums threads, he chimes in. Just because we deleted his graphic, anal sex story.

So, as I said earlier, we are dealing with a handful of angry, mal-adjusted adults/kids. It is not representative of the Mane overall, or of TJ who owns the Mane. By and large, there are good people, and great Broncos' fans on the Mane.

To be honest I have fun with these idiots, which is why I go ahead and post in their bash threads. I enjoy a little flaming, and since our rules don't allow it, I sometimes go to the Mane to get my 'fix' in terms of some good ole' fashion flaming.

So, don't sweat that small group of mental midgets that feel the need to attack us because they see us as some sort of competition, rather than all one big part of the Broncos community, but instead pity them.

However, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but it is important to remember we are talking about a half dozen or so malcontents, and you cannot judge the Mane or TJ by these morons. To do so would be like judging Broncosforums as a whole based on the actions of Jwalk/Casino Royal, when he was a member here.

I remember the "Nagger" episode, and myself and a couple other posters brought it to that posters attention who amended the thread title himself.

And in their defense it was actually a Southpark reference, still a very poorly conceived joke, but a reference to a popular culture television show.

To top it off, more than one of the "liberal" members understood the Southpark reference, and thought it was funny! Ironic.

Oh well, I don't understand why they would come here if they actually feel that way. . . except to gather material to go elsewhere and bash this board. Whatever.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 11:59 AM
It's kind of tough for me, because I have a pretty long history with alot of you............I just wish people coud disagree without getting personal.............God forbid someone states the obvious that George Bush was/is a horrible president...........I like Selvin Young, but if the guy doesn't produce, I'll be the first one....and already have..to say, let's trade him.

KCL
10-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Seriously, why do you kiss each other's asses here?

You mean the way you and Tubby do? :rolleyes:

okay...maybe I shouldn't mention that but why do you post
such crap?

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 12:03 PM
It's kind of tough for me, because I have a pretty long history with alot of you............I just wish people coud disagree without getting personal.............God forbid someone states the obvious that George Bush was/is a horrible president...........I like Selvin Young, but if the guy doesn't produce, I'll be the first one....and already have..to say, let's trade him.

HD, I've posted countless times in the politics forum that W has been a big disappointment. So have many others, and nobody has every gotten personal with me.

Tned
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
I remember the "Nagger" episode, and myself and a couple other posters brought it to that posters attention who amended the thread title himself.

And in their defense it was actually a Southpark reference, still a very poorly conceived joke, but a reference to a popular culture television show.

To top it off, more than one of the "liberal" members understood the Southpark reference, and thought it was funny! Ironic.

Oh well, I don't understand why they would come here if they actually feel that way. . . except to gather material to go elsewhere and bash this board. Whatever.

Yea, I forgot about the South Park thing. I never watch it, but a friend was telling me about it. Now that you remind me, I even explained that to the guys (Thedave, El Minion and some others that were calling this a racist board and me an owner/admin that promotes racism), but those guys don't care about the truth, they grab on to things out of context and attack. They attack members of their own message board in WPR, they attack this message board. It's just what they do. Who knows, maybe they had bad childhoods, but the good news it that there are only a few of those nutjobs, and it doesn't represent the Mane as a whole.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
You mean the way you and Tubby do? :rolleyes:

okay...maybe I shouldn't mention that but why do you post
such crap?

I give Tubby crap all the time.....what the hell are you talking about?

KCL
10-23-2008, 12:07 PM
I give Tubby crap all the time.....what the hell are you talking about?

Go back and read what you wrote.

OB
10-23-2008, 12:08 PM
People disagree here all the time - its how you go about it that matters - why does it have to be a knock down drag out fight? I thought the purpose of this board was to bring bronco and football fans together

As far as politics go - my whole life I have leaned towards the liberal side of the fence although i consider myself independent - i hate party politics - but im my mind i always thought the right wingers were more of the nut jobs - and the dems were laid back etc - kinda why i leaned lib - im more laid back

But never in my life have i seen more left wing nut jobs than I have on here and maybe most people cant see that but there are definitely way more whacked out posts and threads by the dems than the repubs - im not saying the right wing on here doesnt have a few members who could learn to turn it down a notch or two but people will be people

I dont see dems/libs/lefters/ like NUB or Buff getting banned - could that be cause they know how to argue intelligently about their views

And not trying to be mean but for the most part libs tend to be younger, thereby having less personal restraint

But Buff and NUB are young too but they are just way more mature than most their age IMO - oh BTB isnt half bad either ;)

And just so you know i can see both sides shazam does go way overboard IMHO and mtnman, god love him, is a hard head and can be mean - trust me - ive benn on the receiving end of that for a few years now (just tryin to show that i can see both sides - please dont take that personal mtn ;) )

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:08 PM
HD, I've posted countless times in the politics forum that W has been a big disappointment. So have many others, and nobody has every gotten personal with me.

That's because you are NTL..............HD, a non-republican, non-Democrat cannot do that...........Sorry, but it's true.........The guys was the WORST president in recent history............and was voted in twice..........unbelieveable..............okay, now someone, will have a problem with that.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
People disagree here all the time - its how you go about it that matters - why does it have to be a knock down drag out fight? I thought the purpose of this board was to bring bronco and football fans together

As far as politics go - my whole life I have leaned towards the liberal side of the fence although i consider myself independent - i hate party politics - but im my mind i always thought the right wingers were more of the nut jobs - and the dems were laid back etc - kinda why i leaned lib - im more laid back

But never in my life have i seen more left wing nut jobs than I have on here and maybe most people cant see that but there are definitely way more whacked out posts and threads by the dems than the repubs - im not saying the right wing on here doesnt have a few members who could learn to turn it down a notch or two but people will be people

I dont see dems/libs/lefters/ like NUB or Buff getting banned - could that be cause they know how to argue intelligently about their views

And not trying to be mean but for the most part libs tend to be younger, thereby having less personal restraint

But Buff and NUB are young too but they are just way more mature than most their age IMO - oh BTB isnt half bad either ;)

And just so you know i can see both sides shazam does go way overboard IMHO and mtnman, god love him, is a hard head and can be mean - trust me - ive benn on the receiving end of that for a few years now (just tryin to show that i can see both sides - please dont take that personal mtn ;) )

Alot of us are like brothers fighting.............we really try to kill one another but that doesn't mean we don't care about each other.

turftoad
10-23-2008, 12:10 PM

What?? You left and went back to the Nation because someone disagreed with you about Selvin. :confused:

Anyway, you are alway welcome here. I know many of us miss you.

HD, you need to get over the fact that the REAL FREAK is gone. It's not comming back.

This place has been great. Just enjoy it.

OB

I hated W from day one - used to catch major shit for it but all the lefties think im a bush lover just because im not an Obama supporter but you dont see that do ya

HolyDiver
Go back and read what you wrote.

I read it.............and?

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
I hated W from day one - used to catch major shit for it but all the lefties think im a bush lover just because im not an Obama supporter but you dont see that do ya

No....you are honored...and loved.

Tned
10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, since you are about the only level headed mod/owner..........I'll tell you........People will just not disagree here..........it gets to be sickening......That's why the Freak was so great. I know you don't like hearing that name, but we could argue til the cows came home, or until cswil got a piece of ass, and at the end of the day, we were all still friends....no hard feelings...........a good debate can be alot of fun............I love to hear different opinions............convince me of something you strongly agree with, and I may change my mind completely.......but not many will do that here and if they do, they are threatened or just cast out of the little click..........

When have I EVER said I didn't want to here the Freak name?

That statement from left field aside, you are off base on disagreeing. Attacking is not allowed, disagreeing is fine. I have stated countless times that I think the whole reason for having a message board is to have varied opinions.

The whole reason we encourage Town Hall discussions like this one, which called us (the mods and I) out as being biased, is because we encourage debate and discussion, so we can get better.

I routinely disagree with the masses when it comes to Broncos talk, whether in relation to Jake or Shanahan's accomplishments.

Maybe we don't disagree 'exactly' the way you 'expect' people to do it, but that doesn't mean everyone is kissing each other's asses. I have never been to the Chiefspuddle, so I can't say whether or not we act like them, but rather than going to another board and bashing us and stating we are worse than a Chief's board, why don't you simply have more open dialogue like this and talk about what we can all do to make this a better message board.

Newsflash, we are disagreeing...

OB
10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Alot of us are like brothers fighting.............we really try to kill one another but that doesn't mean we don't care about each other.

Just cause thats how you are - you cant expect everyone else to want to behave that way

I dont see you guys getting in any trouble for the way you all go about raggin on one another - it took us awhile to get used to and understand but i think we all get it now and most of us sit back and find it quite entertaining - i know i do (now that i know its all in jest)

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
What?? You left and went back to the Nation because someone disagreed with you about Selvin. :confused:

Anyway, you are alway welcome here. I know many of us miss you.

HD, you need to get over the fact that the REAL FREAK is gone. It's not comming back.

This place has been great. Just enjoy it.

Why would YOU of all people spin that story like that?....I left because I was not ALLOWED to argue back to Boss and Gmoney............I got threatening PM's.............It had nothing to do with Boss or Gmoney, two members I like..............So what if we disagreed, we would have ironed it out............Look how much I got into it about Plummer with cswil...whom I have met in person..........9798...met in person....and BroncoJoe...whom, I have seen naked pictures of his wife..............So, you see, it wasn't because someone disagreed with me turf and I think you know that.........

BroncoJoe
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Everyone here sucks except me.

That is all.

Buff
10-23-2008, 12:15 PM

That is all.

(Your wife posts here)

:couch:

KCL
10-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I read it.............and?

Who the hell here is kissing anyone's ass? That was your original post.
Even Tned questioned it and it had nothing to do with you giving Tubby
crap....way over your head I guess.Anyway forget it.

BTW-Weren't you one of the ones dissing this board and the mods?

KCL
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM

That is all.

:mad:

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM

As soon as someone disagrees with you on this.........Then I guess you'll be right.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:19 PM

I dis anyone......who needs to be dissed..............how about that missy?

HolyDiver
Lmao

tubby

When will you learn? Keep my name out of your mouth.

KCL
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM

Tubby Tubby Tubby.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM

I agree

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM

We welcome GOOD debates here, we welcome different opinions here, what is expected here that it is done without personal attacks.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
(Your wife posts here)

Crap. She's excluded.

OB
10-23-2008, 12:27 PM
(Your wife posts here)

OMG - :pound: Im glad you quoted it so he cant run and change it LMAO

tubby
Tubby Tubby Tubby.

Reported for trolling

OB
Crap. She's excluded.

WAYYYYYY too late :laugh:

OB
10-23-2008, 12:30 PM
HD - nothing personal but i think you have a chip on your shoulder - you left this board once already - pissed off at your fellow freak members - then you come back several months later and want to argue with everyone about how this board is run

If you dont like it why did you come back? Was it to just stir things up?

KCL
10-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Reported for trolling

:beer:

GEM
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Unless it's about Selvin Young, right?

atwater27
10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
in the interest of not derailing anubis thread any further i wanted to continue the discussion over here about whether or not having a group of all conservative moderators affects the management and/or climate in the p&r section...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Buff
10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Getting ready for election day?

atwater27
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Nonbelief is affirmative action = intolerance. Wouldn't have expected anything less from you.

Rex
I agree

What? You dont like Tubby in your mouth?

HolyDiver
HD - nothing personal but i think you have a chip on your shoulder - you left this board once already - pissed off at your fellow freak members - then you come back several months later and want to argue with everyone about how this board is run

If you dont like it why did you come back? Was it to just stir things up?

Yeah, that must have been it............Wasn't pissed off at the members............Weren't you the one complaining on other forums about this one?

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:58 PM
What? You dont like Tubby in your mouth?

Not really...............Care for a chip........they are right there on my shoulders if anyone wants one.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Unless it's about Selvin Young, right?

No.......give me your best arguement on that.

GEM
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM

He sucks and can't stay on the field for longer than 2 games.

Prove me wrong.

How close is he to that guaranteed 2000 yards?

Rex
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Not really...............Care for a chip........they are right there on my shoulders if anyone wants one.

Do you have any dip? Besides Fromunda Cheese?

Tned
10-23-2008, 01:05 PM

How about we start to get this thread back on topic, which is Buff's concern of moderator bias.

If you want to talk about the President, there is a politics forum.

If you want to talk about Selvin Young, there is a Broncos forum.

You will likely find plenty of people to disagree with you on both subjects.

Rex
10-23-2008, 01:10 PM
HD smells like cabbage. I have met him. Its true.

Now back to Buff's thread. Or you can go post in the one he posted about the same thing last year.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 01:15 PM
He sucks and can't stay on the field for longer than 2 games.

Prove me wrong.

How close is he to that guaranteed 2000 yards?

Running three tailbacks, he would be lucky to gain 1000 yards...........But when he was used, he did well...............Boss can't stay on the field either as can Champ, Sheffler, Royal, Stokley...........He better get well soon, because I think Torain is going to be our guy.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
How about we start to get this thread back on topic, which is Buff's concern of moderator bias.

If you want to talk about the President, there is a politics forum.

If you want to talk about Selvin Young, there is a Broncos forum.

You will likely find plenty of people to disagree with you on both subjects.

Good idea......start if off please.

atwater27
10-23-2008, 01:20 PM
That's because you are NTL..............HD, a non-republican, non-Democrat cannot do that...........Sorry, but it's true.........The guys was the WORST president in recent history............and was voted in twice..........unbelieveable..............okay, now someone, will have a problem with that.

Jimmy carter was much worse.

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM

He was definately not good......

Dreadnought
10-23-2008, 01:22 PM

This is not the Politics forum, and this is not the place to argue that issue. Feel free to start a thread in the right area.

TIA

atwater27
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Getting ready for election day?

No way man! Obama told me he would cut taxes on the middle class! So I cry only if he breaks his messianic promise. So election day is a win win situation for me. How bout for you?

Rex
10-23-2008, 01:25 PM
This is not the Politics forum, and this is not the place to argue that issue. Feel free to start a thread in the right area.

TIA

Totally biased. You wont allow HD to talk about Jimmy Carter.:tsk:

atwater27
10-23-2008, 01:26 PM

TIA

Give me a break dread. I opted out of the politics forum. Just sneaking a few posts in while I can.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Tned has requested that EVERYONE get back on topic!!!!!!!

GEM
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Running three tailbacks, he would be lucky to gain 1000 yards...........But when he was used, he did well...............Boss can't stay on the field either as can Champ, Sheffler, Royal, Stokley...........He better get well soon, because I think Torain is going to be our guy.

Boss shouldn't have been signed in the first place, and now we're really stuck with him so that we don't piss Champ off. Sheff needs to get his injuries in check, he's injured as much as Young, Royal...one game. Stokely, 10 years and being the slot machine earned it. We definately agree on Torain. :D

turftoad
10-23-2008, 01:28 PM

Read it again!

atwater27
10-23-2008, 01:29 PM

OK I will get onto the topic. This thread is retarded, there is no Moderator bias, so close the retarded thread. (with all due respect to the unbiased moderators)

GEM
10-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry.

Moderator bias. If a poster is qualified on all accounts, what does it hurt to add another mod if it will please the ones that feel they are not represented?

haroldthebarrel
10-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Americans and politics are always amusing. ;)

slim
10-23-2008, 01:33 PM
There is no moderator bias, only whining posters that like to play the victim.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry.

Moderator bias. If a poster is qualified on all accounts, what does it hurt to add another mod if it will please the ones that feel they are not represented?

If it will please the ones that feel they are not represented - did you mean in the politics forum? If so, this is NOT a political forum - it is Broncos Forums, with the political forum being just one of many parts of Broncos Forums.

OB
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah, that must have been it............Wasn't pissed off at the members............Weren't you the one complaining on other forums about this one?

No - not once have i said anything bad about this forum - and if you think i did please show me where

Have i complained about BM - yes but nothing ive said here wasnt said there

Also - i have never complained about a mod on any board ever -

PS - I was an active member on one other board only - BM - i have accounts at some others but like 8 or less posts

haroldthebarrel
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Everybody is biased, very few are perceptive of their bias though.

tubby
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I think the mods are biased toward women. Especially the annoying ones.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM

I think that opinion is totally biased.

atwater27

My only bias is common sense.:cool:

KCL

The annoying mods? The mods here aren't annoying!

OB
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Tubbys right - i demand more women mods - until then..........

I will sit at my computer and post :coffee:

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I at this time, would like to apply for moderator.

Rex
10-23-2008, 01:40 PM

I 2nd the motion.

DallasChief
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Motion passes.

Rex
10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Motion passes.

Congrats Holy Diver.

Now, go fire up the Ass Mods thread.

atwater27
10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I 2nd the motion.

I 3rd the motion. Let's get a Bush hater into the fold and shut the whiny bitches up.
And if you ban me for that comment, you prove you are unbiased.

tubby
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
The annoying mods? The mods here aren't annoying!

OMG that is soooo funny.

KCL
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
OMG that is soooo funny.

I knew you'd think so! You are funny also!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2008, 01:44 PM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963

girler

HD's a woman?

haroldthebarrel
I should be a moderator if this is due to a political issue.

I am the master of debating politics and being rational.... Except for a few episodes with Atwater27 in the past. hehe, we're cool though. Ask us a political question and we'd stand on both fences. Ask anything football related and we are so on the same page. I think that's way cool!

At least I acknowledge that I have absolutely no idea whether I am biased or not.
But I probably am.

Tned
10-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Sorry.

In theory, it won't hurt anything. On the positive side, it would provide more moderator coverage. On the negative side, the larger a group, the harder it is to make decisions and come to agreement on issues. I think we already have more mods than mania and the Mane, possibly combined.

Another factor is that we don't add mods lightly. In most cases, we have had weeks or months of discussion before adding mods. There are many reasons for this. For one, is the potential for further dividing a message board, if you bring a mod on, it doesn't work, and s/he has to be 'fired'. Another, we have very frank and honest discussions behind closed doors. We have to have the confidence that those conversations stay behind closed doors.

Adding a moderator or two is simply not something we can do to passify a group of posters that feel they aren't represented.

Traveler
10-23-2008, 01:53 PM
In the interest of not derailing Anubis thread any further I wanted to continue the discussion over here about whether or not having a group of all conservative moderators affects the management and/or climate in the P&R section...

Four words:

Ab-so-lute-ly!:D

What is simply amazing to me is that this in-fighting is happening on two unaffiliated Bronco Fans websites.

Sheesh!

OB
10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Could be the same bias that lets people make underhanded mean comments for no good reason ;)

Tned
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Four words:

Ab-so-lute-ly!:D

What is simply amazing to me is that this in-fighting is happening on two unaffiliated Bronco Fans websites.

Sheesh!

They are 'semi' unaffiliated.

Every time the Mane goes down, quite a few of those members come here, and we have quite a few cross members on a regular basis. Further, every time spider, El Minion and others get banned here, they post a BF bashing thread there. So, it is hard to really call them unaffiliated. In ownership, yes, but beyond that there are many ties.

Traveler
10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
They are 'semi' unaffiliated.

Every time the Mane goes down, quite a few of those members come here, and we have quite a few cross members on a regular basis. Further, every time spider, El Minion and others get banned here, they post a BF bashing thread there. So, it is hard to really call them unaffiliated. In ownership, yes, but beyond that there are many ties.

I concede the point.:beer:

Zweems56
10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
point a.) I would like to apply to be reinstated as an ass mod.
point b.) Much more related.... who gives a shit if all the mods are right wing? As far as i've seen, all they've done is threaten to shut down the P&R forums because some people on BOTH SIDES can't shut their traps and stop with the playground name calling shit. What do you think would change by adding a lefty to the group? There's no discrimination there... .they're telling everyone to mind what they say and honestly, if people can't deal with that then they shouldnt be on a forum in the first place. We all have the freedom of speech, but being ridiculous is just plain old being ridiculous. If you want to pick on someone and start calling them names, then take it somewhere else. thats all they've asked as far as i've seen.

turftoad
10-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Sorry.

I really don't think we need to add another mod just because of the Political forum.
This is a Broncos FOOTBALL site. Not a political site.
The P&R and other forums here are supposed to be there for other things to talk about.
Not the main thing.

If some really want to talk more politics they should find themselves a REAL political site to go to and not a football site.
I'm sure there are many, many of those out there.

As far as bias goes, BS.

The people that got banned from the P&R deserved it.

It was all about their posting styles and flame/bait than anything else and had nothing to do with their political affiliation.

Northman
10-23-2008, 02:42 PM

It was all about their posting styles and flame/bait than anything else and had nothing to do with their political affiliation.

And that there is the crux of it.

Dreadnought
10-23-2008, 02:44 PM
I really don't think we need to add another mod just because of the Political forum.
The P&R and other forums here are supposed to be there for other things to talk about.
Not the main thing.

If some really want to talk more politics they should find themselves a REAL political site to go to and not a football site.

As far as bias goes, BS.

Exactly - and their response to Mods counts as well. A lot more folks have posted inflammatory stuff in P&R, but they have the maturity and good manners to know when they crossed the line; OTOH when the only response you get is a complaint about "stifling dissent" or claims that the Mod action is solely because of political bias it tells us that the poster won't own up to having violated CofC themselves. Most posters in P&R, both sides, seem to get this. A few do not.

Traveler
10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
If you shut down the P&R forum, you wouldn't have to add more mods.

Or how about this for the dems who feel they are unfairly targeted. If, as you said, the conservative majority of mods are being heavy handed, don't post in there and let them have the forum to themselves. It might die off by itself.

Thought I'd throw that out there even though I know that won't happen. Everyone in the Poiltics Forum likes to argue too much. That's why we/they keep posting there.

Dreadnought
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM

Or how about this for the dems who feel they are unfairly targeted. If, as you said, the conservative majority of mods are being heavy handed, don't post in there and let them have the forum to themselves.

Thought I'd throw that out there even though I know that won't happen. Everyone in the Poiltics Forum likes to argue too much. That's why we/they keep posting there.

There's no reason for that Traveller. It would be dull as Hell in there witout someone to discuss with. My point is you can do that without belittling people of the opposite political persuasion - you are a case in point in that I've never seen you resort to cheesy personal attacks, but are quite committed to your political ideology. There are plenty of examples on both sides too.

GEM
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM

That's just you Tubby, not the mods.

Traveler
10-23-2008, 02:51 PM
There's no reason for that Traveler. It would be dull as Hell in there witout someone to discuss with.

That's exactly my point!

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM
That's exactly my point!

And it's a great point! I think we all agree on it.

Please, post dissenting views. . .just without all the vitriol that those who have been banned partook in (which you haven't).

turftoad

Or how about this for the dems who feel they are unfairly targeted. If, as you said, the conservative majority of mods are being heavy handed, don't post in there and let them have the forum to themselves. It might die off by itself.

Arguing is fine Traveler, it's more about HOW some go about it.

Tned
Exactly - and their response to Mods counts as well. A lot more folks have posted inflammatory stuff in P&R, but they have the maturity and good manners to know when they crossed the line; OTOH when the only response you get is a complaint about "stifling dissent" or claims that the Mod action is solely because of political bias it tells us that the poster won't own up to having violated CofC themselves. Most posters in P&R, both sides, seem to get this. A few do not.

This (what I bolded) can't be stressed enough. In virtually all cases (except for spammers, duplicate accounts, etc.), nobody has been banned for doing something wrong, no matter how bad that 'something' was. Instead, they were banned either because they ignored the mods and continued doing what they were warned to stop, or they went a step further and responded with something like **** you or worse in response to a mods direction.

Personally, I have allowed people to get away with that type of response to me without getting banned, when I have directed them to stop doing something, but I will NOT allow that type of response to the moderators on this message board.

Everyone gets caught up in the moment now and then, what makes the difference between those that get suspended/banned and those that don't, is not their political affiliation, it is how they respond and whether they then make an effort to not repeat the same rules violation/bad behavior.

I see all the reported posts and all the warnings that go out. We do have more conservatives on here than liberals, and you want to know something amazing, we have far more 'conservatives' that get PMs from mods directing them to stop certain behavior. It's a 'numbers' thing. More conservatives = more conservatives getting PMs from mods.

It is not the mods fault that a 'small' number of the liberals on this board have refused to heed the mods or my warnings in regard to changing behavior. That isn't mod bias, that is ALL on the shoulders of the posters that have been banned.

There are a lot of liberal posters that have not been banned, yet have also received PMs from mods about posts they have made that have crossed the line. Why aren't they banned? Because of how they responded to the mods, and they made an 'effort' to not repeat the same mistake/violation again. Just like with the 'conservatives' that have been warned, and made an effort.

DallasChief
10-23-2008, 02:55 PM
There's no reason for that Traveller. It would be dull as Hell in there witout someone to discuss with. My point is you can do that without belittling people of the opposite political persuasion - you are a case in point in that I've never seen you resort to cheesy personal attacks, but are quite committed to your political ideology. There are plenty of examples on both sides too.

Sometimes people are just being douche bags and should be called out as such.

My opinion is in the minority, I'm sure.

It's been my experience that boards that don't try to moderate the political forums, actually have better discussions after everyone gets the name calling out of their system. It sometimes takes a few months but the people actually do come around.

GEM
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Not the main thing.

As far as bias goes, BS.

In regards to Carol, T & your comments. I don't see a problem with the bannings, I don't have a problem with our current set of mods, but there are some here that definately are having issues with the set up. They are members here as well and just as we have built this board to keep the majority happy, the minority that have spoken up here are genuinely good posters who feel a bit alienated. To continue to ignore what they feel are genuine problems is further alienating them. And I'm not saying that anyone is being completely ignored, there is definately discussion, but their requests have no actions beind it.

I don't really think I need to speak for them as they are all very vocal. I guess I'm just playing devil's advocate here. :shrugs:

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Sometimes people are just being douche bags and should be called out as such.

My opinion is in the minority, I'm sure.

It's been my experience that boards that don't try to moderate the political forums, actually have better discussions after everyone gets the name calling out of their system. It sometimes takes a few months but the people actually do come around.

Idiot!

You're right. . .I feel better.

Now let's get back to our discussion on AMT and the Estate (Death) tax, you insufferable douche-bag.

:beer:

underrated29
I cant believe all this stuff is for real. I thought it was another one of those stupid ploy threads....

Why is everyone such a freaking Baby!?

Oh i got banned, boo hoo i am going to talk shyt. Oh he didnt like me i am going to for go my actions. I am going to leave cuz they dont agree with me and called me names.

I am like one of the youngest here and i feel like i am right back in highschool with all the stupid drama. Only everyone here is older than i am.

Highchool is over, your grown ups now, this is the internet, if you want to be prom queen go ahead, but it doesnt make you more special. No one has balls anymore. Everyone gets butt hurt.

Sorry not trying to rant, just trying to show how utterly stupid this is. Its quite comical in its foolishness.

Traveler
Arguing is fine Traveler, it's more about HOW some go about it.

How can someone dictate how to argue ones point of view? That said, I understand the point you are trying to make.

claymore
10-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Institute neg rep and let the members police them selves.

Dreadnought
10-23-2008, 03:00 PM
That's exactly my point!

Here's the thing though. I should be able to control myself and have enough decency not to call you a moron or a Commie for supporting the Dem ticket, and you by the same token know enough not to accuse Republicans of being imbeciles and Nazis and such. At the end of the day its possible to argue, disagree, and remain friends. Once somebody starts stepping over those lines it becomes impossible to not take this stuff personally...and given that we are supposed to be united by a love of the Broncos that is poison to the board. That kind of stuff is what we've determined to get a handle on.

Maybe the rule of thumb is never say something here you wouldn't say to a casual drinking buddy

HolyDiver
10-23-2008, 03:02 PM
I cant believe all this stuff is for real. I thought it was another one of those stupid ploy threads....

Why is everyone such a freaking Baby!?

Oh i got banned, boo hoo i am going to talk shyt. Oh he didnt like me i am going to for go my actions. I am going to leave cuz they dont agree with me and called me names.

I am like one of the youngest here and i feel like i am right back in highschool with all the stupid drama. Only everyone here is older than i am.

Highchool is over, your grown ups now, this is the internet, if you want to be prom queen go ahead, but it doesnt make you more special. No one has balls anymore. Everyone gets butt hurt.

Sorry not trying to rant, just trying to show how utterly stupid this is. Its quite comical in its foolishness.

Please do not refer to us as grown ups again...............thank you very much.

Traveler
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM

This is one of your best posts IMO. Can't believe I just wrote that... Eww!

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 03:04 PM
In regards to Carol, T & your comments. I don't see a problem with the bannings, I don't have a problem with our current set of mods, but there are some here that definately are having issues with the set up. They are members here as well and just as we have built this board to keep the majority happy, the minority that have spoken up here are genuinely good posters who feel a bit alienated. To continue to ignore what they feel are genuine problems is further alienating them. And I'm not saying that anyone is being completely ignored, there is definately discussion, but their requests have no actions beind it.

I don't really think I need to speak for them as they are all very vocal. I guess I'm just playing devil's advocate here. :shrugs:

I kind of had the same feeling, and have struggled to put it into words. You have put it very well.

I know that on more than one occasion I have voiced a concern to a mod's directive within a thread when it seemed that they were calling out one of the left-leaning posters behavior when all they were doing was essentially responding to a right-wingers behavior, without the right-winger being called out as well.

They are relatively few and far between when these instances happen, but I'm sure that if I were a left-leaning member I would feel discriminated against to some degree, and that's why I've spoken out a time or two when I've seen it happen.

I don't know that just adding another mod who is left-leaning will solve the problem though, because they can't be here 24/7 and mistakes will be made on both sides by any mod anyways. . .we're all human.

The key is, that when something questionable happens, that it needs to be addressed instead of just festering and causing hard feelings. I don't think anyone here is adverse to a civil discussion. . .that's what we're doing now.

atwater27
10-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Sometimes people are just being DallasChiefs and should be called out as such.

Edited for Accuracy

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
This is one of your best posts IMO. Can't believe I just wrote that... Eww!

Don't be fooled, that's DC in disguise. :laugh: