PDA

View Full Version : Stokely update

broncofaninfla
10-22-2008, 03:03 PM
From Denverbroncos.com:

Some Good News on the Injury Front

Even with the slew of bad news as far as injuries go on Wednesday, there was some good news amongst the bad.

Wide receiver Brandon Stokley said, barring an unforeseen setback, he feels he will be ready to play against Miami a week from Sunday.

“I feel a lot better, hopefully I will keep improving,” he said.

He said once he does some cardio later in the week he will know for sure just how ready he is.

With all the injuries the Broncos have faced as of late, Stokley said although it is an obstacle it is a good gauge to see exactly what the team is made of.

“We took some bumps and bruises last week, but that is life in the NFL,” he said. “Now other people need to step up and be ready to play.”

Den21vsBal19
10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Definitely need to get Stokely back...............now we just need to remind Jay he's got targets other than Marshall ;)

pnbronco
10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Thank you for that good news....

Italianmobstr7
10-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Definitely need to get Stokely back...............now we just need to remind Jay he's got targets other than Marshall ;)

People keep saying that but he's going to get the ball to Marshall. He's going to force it. He has a strong arm, and Marshall is our go to guy. The first pick against NE wasn't even a pass to Marshall it was to D-Jack. I'm sick of people saying that he needs to throw to other people. Royal led the team in catches last week, and Graham has a TD catch in the last 2 games. He knows he has other receivers but he's going to continue to try to get the ball to Marshall because Marshall is our best offensive player.

Bronco4ever
10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
That great news. We were totally inept on 3rd downs (and every other down for that matter) against New England on MNF and I think Jay missed him. Stokely scored in the two previous games and it looked like they were just making some chemistry. Stokely is vastly underrated!

jrelway
10-22-2008, 06:07 PM
we're obviously hurtin without him. hope hes good to go.

Bronco Yoda
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Stokely & Scheffler are keys to our 3rd down success. We looked lost without either one of them.

gobroncsnv
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
would've been a blame sight better getting the ball to them instead of Hall.

hamrob
10-23-2008, 06:53 PM
People keep saying that but he's going to get the ball to Marshall. He's going to force it. He has a strong arm, and Marshall is our go to guy. The first pick against NE wasn't even a pass to Marshall it was to D-Jack. I'm sick of people saying that he needs to throw to other people. Royal led the team in catches last week, and Graham has a TD catch in the last 2 games. He knows he has other receivers but he's going to continue to try to get the ball to Marshall because Marshall is our best offensive player.I dont' disagree that Jay will continue to go to Marshall...for good reason...he's a playmaker!

I only wish that he and Royal could start connecting deep. I mean....Jay has a cannon and we can't even get a quick score on a post of fly pattern. Something is wrong with that! I think we need to go deep more often to open it up more underneath. Maybe we should have brought Lelie back...just for that...because nobody else on our roster seems to be able to get it done.

elsid13
10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I dont' disagree that Jay will continue to go to Marshall...for good reason...he's a playmaker!

I only wish that he and Royal could start connecting deep. I mean....Jay has a cannon and we can't even get a quick score on a post of fly pattern. Something is wrong with that! I think we need to go deep more often to open it up more underneath. Maybe we should have brought Lelie back...just for that...because nobody else on our roster seems to be able to get it done.

Remember the offense passing attack in WCO that emphasize short crossing patterns, drags and outs. It designed to chew up time and control the ball. When Denver does go deep it usually off PA and since Denver been in Shotgun so much this season that isn't happening a lot.