PDA

View Full Version : Ramsey Also Out for Season

studbucket
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10780853

Ramsey reinjured his right throwing elbow, which had been bothering him since the third preseason game.

Well, this injury actually helps us IMO. I was saying 'Oh Lord' every time Ramsey dropped back in a Broncos uni. Hackney time?

Dreadnought
10-22-2008, 08:51 AM

Well, this injury actually helps us IMO. I was saying 'Oh Lord' every time Ramsey dropped back in a Broncos uni. Hackney time?

I would agree with you if I could bring myself to believe that Hackney isn't also a total stiff. I'm not arguing Ramsey is any good, just that he is better than Hackney.

Mike
10-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Quite the week the Broncos are having.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Wow, what the hell is going on. Is this why Cutler came out in the 2nd half and finished the game.

Watching Ramsey was painful, but we have zero depth now.

The last two days have been an apartment fire for the Broncos.

NameUsedBefore
10-22-2008, 08:55 AM
AWESOME!!

*thumbs up*

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 08:56 AM

gREAT NEWS..............I like Hackney alot better than Steve Ramsey.........I mean, Patrick Ramsey.

claymore
10-22-2008, 09:08 AM
We are going to miss ramsey more than Champ. :D

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
we are going to miss ramsey more than champ. :d

lmao.

jrelway
10-22-2008, 09:47 AM
thank god. everytime ramsey throws those out patterns to the sidelines, i get that sshit sensation in my stomach.

Kapaibro
10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
HARRINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me Joey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrelway
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
HARRINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me Joey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. guess we are desperate.

Kapaibro
10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Come on, it's about time he got to play for a winning team (or one with at least decent management)

BroncoNut
10-22-2008, 09:55 AM
we still have a good kicker, I think

underrated29
10-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey atleast with HACKNEY we can run the wildcat.

A little torain action in the back, hackeny out wide, royal or young for the handoff....oh yeah,

Hackney is a beast though. I wouldnt be surpised to see a bunch of qb draws with him, if he were ever to take the field, which wont happen but in practice.

I got around the (word the sounds like linx) there didnt I?

Medford Bronco
10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
We are going to miss ramsey more than Champ. :D

What for getting the gadorade or holding on field goals :lol:

BroncoWave
10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Oh well, at least my adoptee got one drive this season! :D

JKcatch724
10-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Oh well, at least my adoptee got one drive this season! :D

One drive too many.

OB
10-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Whether he was good or not (not) but it still creates a depth issue - as do all these other injuries - why not just pack up the starters - put in the 2nd & 3rd stringers and call it a year - that why all the starters will be healthy for next year and the backups will have some experience :coffee:

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Injuries like this happens to the Patriots and they just plug in another guy and keep on marching right into the Super Bowl.............Even Tom Brady was a backup the year they won their first Super Bowl.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Injuries like this happens to the Patriots and they just plug in another guy and keep on marching right into the Super Bowl.............Even Tom Brady was a backup the year they won their first Super Bowl.

So, is it talent or coaching?

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 11:49 AM
So, is it talent or coaching?

Both, but really, we just don't seem to have the coaches to light a fire under our player's asses. ...Sure, Shanahan will give them "the look". But we need coaches with intensity.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Both, but really, we just don't seem to have the coaches to light a fire under our player's asses. ...Sure, Shanahan will give them "the look". But we need coaches with intensity.

Alfred Williams hosts a talk show here in the afternoons. He constantly complains/points to how lax training camp and practices are. Blames that almost exclusively on why the Broncos don't seem intense enough.

They call it Club Valley (as opposed to Dove Valley).

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Alfred Williams hosts a talk show here in the afternoons. He constantly complains/points to how lax training camp and practices are. Blames that almost exclusively on why the Broncos don't seem intense enough.

They call it Club Valley (as opposed to Dove Valley).

Makes sense............Long gone are the Atwaters.....Romanowskis......... Al Wilsons............Even McCaffrey was pretty physical........As was Elway..........And we had guys like Mike Lodish sitting on the bench.

honz
10-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow, what a ******* nightmare game that was.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM

I think I'll re-watch it on Halloween night.

WTE
10-22-2008, 01:01 PM

I think it just got worse.

Matt Cassel was just named AFC Offensive Player of the Week. :laugh:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/10/cassel_named_af.html

LRtagger
10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
They might as well go ahead and rename AFC/NFC Offensive player of the week to "QB/RB playing against the Broncos of the week"

Lonestar
10-22-2008, 01:18 PM
They might as well go ahead and rename AFC/NFC Offensive player of the week to "QB/RB playing against the Broncos of the week"

You really mean QB/RB playing the Broncos of the WEAK.. don't you?

dogfish
10-22-2008, 02:11 PM
no big loss. . . . :coffee:

WARHORSE
10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
We need to ask the Titans for Simms..........

BigSarge87
10-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Go get Culpepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk

JKcatch724
10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Time for the Hack Attack baby!!!

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I honestly don't understand why Broncos fans hate Ramsey so much. He's a DAMN BACKUP! Hate him as a starter? Yes. Hate him as a backup? Hell no. Sometimes I think fans like to pick on a player for the sake of it. :tsk:

Dreadnought
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I honestly don't understand why Broncos fans hate Ramsey so much. He's a DAMN BACKUP! Hate him as a starter? Yes. Hate him as a backup? Hell no. Sometimes I think fans like to pick on a player for the sake of it. :tsk:

LOL - its a bad week to expect Bronco fans to be reasonable. We are in an ugly mood. I agree that I am more pissed about sorry-ass Safety play than backup QB.

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 03:57 PM
LOL - its a bad week to expect Bronco fans to be reasonable. We are in an ugly mood. I agree that I am more pissed about sorry-ass Safety play than backup QB.

I agree.

Complain about our defense, not our backup Quarterback.

frauschieze
10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
What for getting the gadorade or holding on field goals :lol:

Getting the Gatorade. Kern is holding. ;)

Magnificent Seven
10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
YAY! I am so happy that he is out! I hope they will release him in during off season '09. I have to say that Ramsey is a horrible backup QB and he always fumble some balls in each plays. I hope that Denver will find other better backup quarterback like Culpepper or others.

LRtagger
10-22-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree.

Complain about our defense, not our backup Quarterback.

People were complaining about him all preseason before our problems on defense even surfaced. He was probably the single most glaring team weakness during the preseason and we all held our breath when Cutler hurt his finger on Monday.

Your season shouldnt go down the toilet if your starting QB gets hurt and I think ours would. We should have a guy that doesnt turn the ball over and manages the game. Ramsey is a turnover machine. I cringe everytime he throws the ball.

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 04:11 PM
People were complaining about him all preseason before our problems on defense even surfaced. He was probably the single most glaring team weakness during the preseason and we all held our breath when Cutler hurt his finger on Monday.

Your season shouldnt go down the toilet if your starting QB gets hurt and I think ours would. We should have a guy that doesnt turn the ball over and manages the game. Ramsey is a turnover machine. I cringe everytime he throws the ball.

See the Patriots. They probably won't even make the playoffs.

LRtagger
10-22-2008, 04:13 PM
See the Patriots. They probably won't even make the playoffs.

They are 4-2 and just stomped a mudhole in our asses with a backup QB, third string RB, and depleted secondary.

If Cutler got hurt in game one and Ramsey had started the rest of the games, we would be 1-7...2-6 at best.

We probably just gave them the confidence to carry them for the rest of the season.

PS. If they were in the AFC West they would most definitely make the playoffs.

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
They are 4-2 and just stomped a mudhole in our asses with a backup QB, third string RB, and depleted secondary.

If Cutler got hurt in game one and Ramsey had started the rest of the games, we would be 1-7...2-6 at best.

We probably just gave them the confidence to carry them for the rest of the season.

PS. If they were in the AFC West they would most definitely make the playoffs.

4-2 yes. 3-3 if they didn't play against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I honestly think you'll find that MOST teams will fail without their starting Quarterback.

LRtagger
10-22-2008, 04:24 PM
4-2 yes. 3-3 if they didn't play against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I honestly think you'll find that MOST teams will fail without their starting Quarterback.

We play against 3 of the worst defenses in the NFL twice a year, but if Ramsey started all 16 games for us this year we do not win more than 3 games.

It is probably 50/50, but there is no reason why we cant have a better guy than Ramsey back there. If Ramsey starts, you can go ahead and mark up 2 INTs and 1 Fumble on him per game.

My point was people are frustrated right now, yes...but Ramsey has been a concern for most people since the offseason this year.

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
We play against 3 of the worst defenses in the NFL twice a year, but if Ramsey started all 16 games for us this year we do not win more than 3 games.

It is probably 50/50, but there is no reason why we cant have a better guy than Ramsey back there. If Ramsey starts, you can go ahead and mark up 2 INTs and 1 Fumble on him per game.

My point was people are frustrated right now, yes...but Ramsey has been a concern for most people since the offseason this year.

You might want to check his stats for the 2003 season. http://www.nfl.com/players/patrickramsey/profile?id=RAM596976

SmilinAssasSin27
10-22-2008, 04:48 PM
can we just call it a season and start getting ready for the draft now?

Hobe
10-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Ramsey has not inspired confidences anywhere he's played in the pros. He has been more of a Lambsey, then a Ramsey. Hackney hasn't had a real chance to prove anything. I didn't think he looked bad, but that was the preseason with the backups and the wantabes. Hackney moving up to #2 does worry me as much as bringing in some QB that is out of football. There is a reason they out of Football.

Brady is a better QB then Blitso (sp?) was, but he didn't beat Blitso out for the job in three years. Blitso got hurt and the backup came in. I wonder how many Pats fans cringed at the thought of the back up coming in. I wonder what would have happened if Blitso had not been hurt? It probably would have been a couple years before Brady got a real chance, if ever. Without Brady the Pats wouldn't have won the SBs. They would have had higher draft picks and could have gone for one the big College QBs. Brady was just a sixth round pick wasn't he?

Broncos Mtnman
10-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear that, but it doesn't matter anyway....

With our defense, if anything were to happen to Jay, the season would be over anyway.

:coffee:

BCJ
10-22-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Ramsey reinjured his right throwing elbow, which had been bothering him since the third preseason game.

Ramsey says the 3rd preseason game? If you are going to use that excuse, go back when you were sucking the very first preseason game. How about we also check out the ugliest neck man on the roster the last few years. His name is Parsons. Preston Parsons.

Superchop 7
10-22-2008, 10:50 PM

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Ramsey had great mechanics when he played the Pats.

Compared to pre-season

Night and day.

If he is hurt, I'm sorry.

LRtagger
10-23-2008, 09:00 AM
You might want to check his stats for the 2003 season. http://www.nfl.com/players/patrickramsey/profile?id=RAM596976

What am I looking at, exactly?

His 50% completion percentage?

His 75 QB rating?

His 9 INTs in 11 starts?

His 8 fumbles in 11 starts?

The fact that Tim Hasselbeck took over for him after 11 starts because he had been sacked 30 times? Or maybe the fact that Washington traded for Brunell to be their starter for 2004?

And that was 5 years ago. The very next year he had 11 INTs and 6 fumbles in 7 starts and has started one game since.

Ramsey was a 1st round pick and should be better than he is. Not saying he is even near the top of our problems list, but we had a chance to pick up a better #2 than him earlier in the year and we didnt do it.

Bronco Bible
10-25-2008, 03:11 PM
thank god. everytime ramsey throws those out patterns to the sidelines, i get that sshit sensation in my stomach.

You are referring to those patterns that an old man with a cane could step in front of , pick off & put it in the endzone.:tsk: