PDA

View Full Version : Should Political Sigs and Avvies be allowed?

Tned
10-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Since sigs and avvies are seen all over the message board, including by visitors/guests, and not just in the opt-in forums, should political sigs be allowed?

I didn't provide an "other" or "I don't care, I have sigs turned off" option, because this isn't an "I don't care" type poll. This is a poll that asks you to not just address how you feel, but what you think is best for the message board. You should consider both current forum members, as well as guests that visit us from the boards of other teams we are playing, or people that find us on Google, looking for Broncos news/talk.

With those things in mind.

Should no political sigs be allowed
Should only postive political messages be portrayed in sigs/avvies
Should it stay as is, where any political message can be portrayed in sigs/avvies

claymore
10-22-2008, 08:23 AM
I couldnt imagine them not being allowed. Im surprised this is an issue. DC & Traveler are the only Obama suporters here anyway. :D

SR
10-22-2008, 08:43 AM
No. I quit posting in P&R as much because I'm tired of the bullshit. Seeing that crap outside of P&R is a reminder of the bullshit.

NameUsedBefore
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Positive or humorous ones should be okay. Ones like the Qur'an as toilet paper I find extremely offensive, though.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Since sigs and avvies are seen all over the message board, including by visitors/guests, and not just in the opt-in forums, should political sigs be allowed?

I didn't provide an "other" or "I don't care, I have sigs turned off" option, because this isn't an "I don't care" type poll. This is a poll that asks you to not just address how you feel, but what you think is best for the message board. You should consider both current forum members, as well as guests that visit us from the boards of other teams we are playing, or people that find us on Google, looking for Broncos news/talk.

With those things in mind.

Should no political sigs be allowed
Should only postive political messages be portrayed in sigs/avvies
Should it stay as is, where any political message can be portrayed in sigs/avvies

I think only Republican sigs should be allowed.............and only one oninion should be voiced..............And...everyone should always agree.

Buff
10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
I think pretty much all signatures are bothersome and annoying. I've had signatures and avatars off for months now. I think we should allow pretty much whatever as long as it's within reason and doesn't otherwise violate the CoC. If you don't like them, turn them off like I did.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
As soon as people realize...that THEY aren't always right.....and THEIR opinion isn't alway the best..............avatars and sigs won't be a problem. ...........Peaople are just too uptight here and very one-sided. ................My advice to you all............try and learn something, don't think you know it all.

claymore
10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I think pretty much all signatures are bothersome and annoying. I've had signatures and avatars off for months now. I think we should allow pretty much whatever as long as it's within reason and doesn't otherwise violate the CoC. If you don't like them, turn them off like I did.

GP, if it offends you disable sigs and stuff.

Tned
10-22-2008, 09:13 AM
GP, if it offends you disable sigs and stuff.

Is that really fair for the people that come here for football (the main purpose of the message board) and want to have and view football orientated sigs or avvies?

claymore
10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Is that really fair for the people that come here for football (the main purpose of the message board) and want to have and view football orientated sigs or avvies?

Well they come here and go to other boards to see differences in opinion, and similar opinions as well.

I just cannot believe that a political sig or avy or whatever will keep any Broncos fans from this site.

NightTrainLayne
10-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I'd like to say just ban the "offensive" ones, but then you enter the subjective realm of "what's offensive"?

So, the easy thing to do is just allow the positive ones, or get rid of them altogether.

On a side note, I really enjoyed DC's Obama '08 Avvy. That is as positive as it gets.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Everybody is different. I don't expect all of you to be as smart as me......So, I take what you all say half-heartedly................Or no, I really don't listen at all...........Well, maybe a little, but I'm usually laughing as I'm listening.

Rex
10-22-2008, 09:30 AM
I think only Republican sigs should be allowed.............and only one oninion should be voiced..............And...everyone should always agree.

You obviously have not spent much time in the political thread here.

Thanks for playing.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 09:32 AM
You obviously have not spent much time in the political thread here.

Thanks for playing.

No, and I don't plan to...........Too many sinners in here. And I am a man of the cloth.

Traveler
10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Is this really an issue for the majority of those that frequent this site?

What's next to be prohibited?

As long as they aren't vulgar, I personally don't view this as an issue.

Again, this is your site and I'll comply as required.

Northman
10-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Keep them positive, there is already too much negativity as it is.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Is this really an issue for the majority of those that frequent this site?

What's next to be prohibited?

As long as they aren't vulgar, I personally don't view this as an issue.

Again, this is your site and I'll comply as required.

Well, I really have noticed though, that ALOT of members here, will treat a member differently if they think they are not for the same person running for President as they are. And to me, that's not a sig problem, that's a personal problem...............I know all the high fives and ganging up are part of this site, but that will spell more trouble in the end than a sig, or avatar.

claymore
10-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, I really have noticed though, that ALOT of members here, will treat a member differently if they think they are not for the same person running for President as they are. And to me, that's not a sig problem, that's a personal problem...............I know all the high fives and ganging up are part of this site, but that will spell more trouble in the end than a sig, or avatar.

I guess Im oblivious.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I guess Im oblivious.

Please explain.

Day1BroncoFan
10-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I say either only positive or none in that order. If you can't keep it positive then don't do it at all.

I look at this forum as a privilege and not a right. If you want to have a P&R forum to discuss things in then discuss them and stop the BS. Tned puts this up for us to enjoy and pays out of his own pocket. The Mods are volunteers that put their own time in without any compensation. Why should the Mods or Tned be expected to put up with a bunch of babies that can't act like adults and that only want to take advantage of a situation?

This is not censorship to expect people to follow the rules of an exclusive club, which is what this is. Follow the rules or go home. Tned pays the bills so he can make the rules. If you want a free for all go build your own forum and do whatever you want with it.

claymore
10-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Please explain.

I havent really saw the ganging up stuff. Ive seen one occasion... But that started on the freak.

I think for the most part everyone here is pretty tight.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
I havent really saw the ganging up stuff. Ive seen one occasion... But that started on the freak.

I think for the most part everyone here is pretty tight.

They are pretty tight because they for the most part, all have the same opinions..............Lions get along with Lions, better than they do Waterbuffalo.

claymore
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
They are pretty tight because they for the most part, all have the same opinions..............Lions get along with Lions, better than they do Waterbuffalo.

Well your a jackass and we all love you. :D

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 11:16 AM

I can live with that. :salute:

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 11:17 AM

And YOUR should have been spelled.....you're.

claymore
10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
And YOUR should have been spelled.....you're.

Ive been making progress with that. :D

OB
10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Sigs and avys dont offend me - but i can see how it would offend others - and the political forum has turned into a septic lagoon - i love seeing how people change their avys and sigs and a lot of times it makes a member easy to identify

To keep the cool i only think positive ones should be allowed

To say no political ones would be just a bit restrictive IMHO - you should at least be able to post who you like for president - just as you would put a sign on your lawn or something

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I personally don't really care, since I have sig's turned off, not so much because of politics, but how much space some people's take up. I have high speed internet, but sometimes a page takes forever to load with all the sigs.

Anyway, I voted only positive. We are not politicians, we should be civil! :heh:

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I personally don't really care, since I have avvy's turned off, not so much because of politics, but how much space some people's take up. I have high speed internet, but sometimes a page takes forever to load with all the sigs.

Anyway, I voted only positive. We are not politicians, we should be civil! :heh:

Is this Joe, or MRS. Joe? ............Sorry man, that will be the last of it.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Is this Joe, or MRS. Joe? ............Sorry man, that will be the last of it.

She has her own account now, Bon.

claymore
10-22-2008, 01:08 PM

I liked Bon way better than DC... The wrong person left IMO. :coffee:

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Just checking.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 01:09 PM
DC left?

claymore
10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
DC left?

Im gonna quit messing with you. I think I took tarded medicine today, or its Karma, I cant tell at this point.

KCL
10-22-2008, 01:35 PM

So we should disable the high5 option?(I know you're not saying that but still) I may not agree with all of them but they in no way bother me.I don't even pay attention to them once I have looked at them.

HolyDiver
10-22-2008, 01:41 PM
So we should disable the high5 option?(I know you're not saying that but still) I may not agree with all of them but they in no way bother me.I don't even pay attention to them once I have looked at them.

No avatar or sig bothers me either. ...............only old Mods, that were once Freak members..............j/k, please, no more PM's, I'm running out of stuff to say.

Broncos Mtnman
10-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I couldnt imagine them not being allowed. Im surprised this is an issue. DC & Traveler are the only Obama suporters here anyway. :D

:dito: