PDA

View Full Version : Time to Heal Thread. Bring us your tired masses, your dejected Broncos fans..

MasterShake
10-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Last nights debacle aside, I will still wear my Broncos Jersey on November 2nd like a big sucker. Why? No matter what I love me some Broncos football. This thread is about what you hope to see and how the Broncos can say they are sorry to you. In other words, how YOU can feel the exact opposite after the next game as you did last night. My thread so I start. Only fair, right?

Some things I'd like to see:
-A young D minus some veterans leaders (namely the Bailey Bros.) come together and play their freaking hearts out in front of the home crowd. I'm talking we'll forgive a big play or two because the QB has been sacked 4 times and receivers are afraid to catch the ball because they know they are gonna get SMACKED.

-An efficient Jay Cutler (more like the Tampa Bay game) who knows how to control a game, not just try to force a win. I'll take 14-10 wins if it means we don't put our D in bad situations with turnovers. I guarantee that this Defense plays better if they know they have an Offense that can grind out the clock and put up points. As much as I bitch about the D you have to admit the offense doesn't do them any favors when they get a stop and turn the damn ball over the next play. Which brings me to...

-Don't turnover the Damn ball with unforced errors. If someone hits you so hard your eyeball pops out of socket, you can drop the ball to pick up you eye. Otherwise, hold onto it.

-Blitz. Blitz. Blitz. See the above reason for why. If we are going to get beat for a 50 yd TD, that damn QB who threw the ball better be coughing up a motherbleeping lung because at least one guy hit him as he threw the ball. Next time he thinks about going deep on us, maybe he'll think about how he only has one lung left....

I grow weary and thats all I can think of. Even if we lost a game and we played like what I listed I could at least hold my head high the next day. What would you guys like to see after the Bye week?

MasterShake
10-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Last nights debacle aside, I will still wear my Broncos Jersey on November 2nd like a big sucker. Why? No matter what I love me some Broncos football. This thread is about what you hope to see and how the Broncos can say they are sorry to you. In other words, how YOU can feel the exact opposite after the next game as you did last night. My thread so I start. Only fair, right?

Some things I'd like to see:
-A young D minus some veterans leaders (namely the Bailey Bros.) come together and play their freaking hearts out in front of the home crowd. I'm talking we'll forgive a big play or two because the QB has been sacked 4 times and receivers are afraid to catch the ball because they know they are gonna get SMACKED.

-An efficient Jay Cutler (more like the Tampa Bay game) who knows how to control a game, not just try to force a win. I'll take 14-10 wins if it means we don't put our D in bad situations with turnovers. I guarantee that this Defense plays better if they know they have an Offense that can grind out the clock and put up points. As much as I bitch about the D you have to admit the offense doesn't do them any favors when they get a stop and turn the damn ball over the next play. Which brings me to...

-Don't turnover the Damn ball with unforced errors. If someone hits you so hard your eyeball pops out of socket, you can drop the ball to pick up you eye. Otherwise, hold onto it.

-Blitz. Blitz. Blitz. See the above reason for why. If we are going to get beat for a 50 yd TD, that damn QB who threw the ball better be coughing up a motherbleeping lung because at least one guy hit him as he threw the ball. Next time he thinks about going deep on us, maybe he'll think about how he only has one lung left....

I grow weary and thats all I can think of. Even if we lost a game and we played like what I listed I could at least hold my head high the next day. What would you guys like to see after the Bye week?

MasterShake, you make the best threads when you have insomnia...

MasterShake
10-22-2008, 12:51 AM
MasterShake, you make the best threads when you have insomnia...

Thanks, you too.

broncogirl7
10-22-2008, 12:57 AM
I will still wear my Broncos jersey with a happy, hopeful face in anticipation of winning the next game.
I will not cry when I see Champ sitting on the sidelines.
I will chant, sing, and dance with every point we score.
I will eat healthy during the game...I will not eat with my emotions or throw things at the television.
I will put a quarter in the jar every time I cuss during the game, so I will have enough money for vacation next year.

JKcatch724
10-22-2008, 01:01 AM
You pretty much covered it. But I would say:

NO turnovers

Consistent pass rush/blitzes. Especially since our secondary is so banged up/shitty right now.

D-line getting first contact on runs.

The offense airing it out ala the first three games (to hell with the run)

High energy

Swagger

Oh ya, and tackling.

LordTrychon
10-22-2008, 01:16 AM
MasterShake, you make the best threads when
you have insomnia...

You suck. :tsk:

Thanks, you too.

You're pretty sweet though. :beer:

sneakers
10-22-2008, 04:13 AM
I like Blitzing! I have been sold on the effectiveness of blitzing ever since Super Bowl XXXII. We need more of it!

edit: Blitzing can make your DB's seem better than they really are.

slim
10-22-2008, 06:48 AM
Stop turning the ball over.

If they can do that, I will be happy.

broncophan
10-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Score more points than we give up.....each and every remaining game for the rest of the season.......and beyond............:D

I don't think that is asking too much......:D

SR
10-22-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm glad this week is a BYE. Put it that way.

pnbronco
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
A good Witch Doctor that can take the injury curse off of Dove.

I would like them to stop turning the ball over.

I would like to see the D tackle, tackle and then tackle.

I would like to see Jay throw the ball to everyone that can catch it and Marshall if he's open.

BroncoNut
10-22-2008, 09:48 AM
What I would like to see and what I expect to see are different. This broncos team is not good. It's fairly obvious to me that we lack the depth to make significant strides in the league this season, esp. at wide receiver. The realistic and more optimistic side of me would like to see Denver execute an effective running game, to pick up 3rd downs and td and also to open up the passing game a bit with the receivers that we have. Mix it up Jay

SR
10-22-2008, 09:48 AM
I would like to see Jay throw the ball to everyone that can catch it and Marshall if he's open.

I think he's done a pretty good job of that. ;):D

pnbronco
10-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I think he's done a pretty good job of that. ;):D

Thanks for the laugh SR, ok so everyone that's in a Bronco uniform and only to Marshall if he's open........:D

Traveler
10-22-2008, 09:59 AM
All I want to see is steady improvement on defense with an emphasis on proper tackling.

LRtagger
10-22-2008, 10:00 AM
I like Blitzing! I have been sold on the effectiveness of blitzing ever since Super Bowl XXXII. We need more of it!

edit: Blitzing can make your DB's seem better than they really are.

Blitzing is only effective if Slowik puts our corners in the right position which he did not do against NE. We blitzed all game and finally got some pressure, but our secondary was consistantly out of position so when they picked up the blitz they had 3 wide open receivers.

To add to the topic, I loved the pressure we got on the QB. When we brought some LBs, our DL looked great against the pass, unfortunately not against the run. I would like to see the same type of looks against Miami, but instead of bringing the house every play, lets at least let one of our LBs mirror the running back on every play (preferably DJ) so at least we will have someone with aneye on them instead of all 7 guys running upfield at the QB while the RB runs right by them.

I would love to see Moss continue to get better. If he shows some promise and potential, then maybe we only have to draft one DE instead of two and we can draft an extra safety or LB.

I would like to see Cutler be more patient and take what the defense gives him instead of deciding where he is going to throw the ball before it is even snapped.

I would very much like to see Woodyard on the field at safety and would like to see Larsen or Niko on the field in the 3-4 instead of Webster or Winborn.

I think our oline has played well, although they got a little down in the NE just like everyone else. The WR play has been great. I loved that Marshall was still agressive and managed to hang onto the ball.

I would like to see Scheff and Young back on the 2nd and would love to see Torain get a few carries. If we can get Scheff back, it will really open up the offense and if we can get Young back it will keep Hall off the field.

I would also like to see Hall hang onto the ball on KO returns.

Overall I would just like the team to show some urgency out there like they actually have something to play for. Seems like since we started out 3-0 everybody is on cruise control. Hopefully we come out of the bye with something to prove.

Also, I would like to not see Slowik on the field :lol:

pnbronco
10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know if Torain is healthy enough to play? The kid is big, like Graham big and he really stood out at camp.

I hope the bye week gives Brandon S., Sheff and Young enough time to heal so they can be effective.

I would like to see Hillis on the field, another stand out at camp. I would also like to see them get Woodyard on the field.

sacmar
10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
The game is over...we have a bye week that should be more than enough time to heal. Stop crying put your jersey back on straight grab a beer and a bowl and get back on the couch.....we're still in first place. Broncos bitches !!!.. in good times and bad.

claymore
10-22-2008, 10:59 AM
The game is over...we have a bye week that should be more than enough time to heal. Stop crying put your jersey back on straight grab a beer and a bowl and get back on the couch.....we're still in first place. Broncos bitches !!!.. in good times and bad.

I think my tear soaked jersey is almost dry. Your right.

BroncoWave
10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Stop turning the ball over.

If they can do that, I will be happy.

Agreed. It's all about the turnovers. We would be 6-1 or 7-0 right now if not for all the friggen turnovers in those 3 losses.

MasterShake
10-22-2008, 11:44 AM

Exactly. At the end of the day there are about 28 other teams with fans that would LOVE to be in our position. I fully expect to see the Broncos crush the hapless Dolphins. We just need 6-7 more wins this season and that is very doable the way the whole league is looking right now.

Zweems56
10-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I'd like to see cutler check down to his receivers and THROW IT THE HELL AWAY IF THE TIGHT END IS BLANKETED! An incompletion is better than a sack or a pick.

Den21vsBal19
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Sod this year, my old man provided the perfect pick me up for my birthday a couple of weeks back...........

Spent last night watching the 77 AFC Championship beatdown of the Faiders...........a game I've never seen before..............even if it was 30 years ago, there's just something that puts the world to right when you see the Faiders beign violated :laugh:

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Is this where I get the free beer?

tomjonesrocks
10-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know if Torain is healthy enough to play? The kid is big, like Graham big and he really stood out at camp.

From what I read it sure sounds like he's going to get a few carries against Miami. It's something to tune in for at a time when I wonder if I should be bothering. Torain looked Mike-Bell-slow in the grainy, poor quality videos I've seen of him in action but does appear to potentially have good hands. Then again Pittman is a *excellent* pass-catching RB--so hopefully Torain brings more than that. We'll see.

Earlier in the year I was really enjoying watching this team even with all of their faults. Worst-in-the-NFL defense combined with constant turnovers has quickly ended that though.

Normally I'll throw on a jersey on casual-Fridays at work to compete with all the Chargers jerseys. This week am not up for it though. Even with the piss-poor year last season, that game Monday night was the worst I've felt about this team since the 49ers game in '06 (where they showed no heart or motivation at all with the playoffs on the line). Things are never as bad as they seem after a bad loss--but things look hopeless right now to me. Have not heard anything out of Dove Valley to change anything yet. Are you sure the Pats aren't still scoring?