PDA

View Full Version : Player resentment

rcsodak
05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_players_hatred_for_goodell_grows_050411&active_dimension=carousel_coke_today&ysp_frm_woah=1

“Will any one of these [draft picks] nut up and ignore the handshake?” asked a veteran player for an AFC North team. “How about him taking a moment of silence in order to stop the boos? I’m all for paying respect to tornado victims, but what do you think his intent was there?”

When Goodell later appeared onstage with a group of U.S. soldiers, a player for an AFC West team said, “So that’s the only way he can get them to stop booing? Shameless.”

Goodell pauses for a moment of silence during last week’s draft.
(AP Photo)

While Goodell-bashing may be cathartic for players and fans, I don’t think it’s good for football. For all my criticism of the owners during this labor stare down, I’ve remained relatively positive about Goodell’s role – partly because I’m convinced he’s not driving the bus, and partly because I’ve spoken to the man and looked him in the eye and believe he sincerely wants a deal."

I think these crybaby players need to "nut up" and admit they were taking the game into a stratosphere that the owners weren't going to be able to afford.

WARHORSE
05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Ultimately, the lower end players themselves are the ones who are going to revolt.

When they find out that not having the draft, or free agency is going to drop their payscales while the superstars pay goes ballistic, they'll begin moaning and groaning.....and moaning.....and groaning.

Get back to the table, and can the lawyers.

GEM
05-05-2011, 04:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_players_hatred_for_goodell_grows_050411&active_dimension=carousel_coke_today&ysp_frm_woah=1

“Will any one of these [draft picks] nut up and ignore the handshake?” asked a veteran player for an AFC North team. “How about him taking a moment of silence in order to stop the boos? I’m all for paying respect to tornado victims, but what do you think his intent was there?”

When Goodell later appeared onstage with a group of U.S. soldiers, a player for an AFC West team said, “So that’s the only way he can get them to stop booing? Shameless.”

Goodell pauses for a moment of silence during last week’s draft.
(AP Photo)

While Goodell-bashing may be cathartic for players and fans, I don’t think it’s good for football. For all my criticism of the owners during this labor stare down, I’ve remained relatively positive about Goodell’s role – partly because I’m convinced he’s not driving the bus, and partly because I’ve spoken to the man and looked him in the eye and believe he sincerely wants a deal."

I think these crybaby players need to "nut up" and admit they were taking the game into a stratosphere that the owners weren't going to be able to afford.

Do the players not think that if it were players on the stage instead of Goodell, the reaction wouldn't be the same. :rolleyes: ******* idiots.

Whether it is Goodell or the players, I'd boo the shit out of the whole lot of them. Greedy ********.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Ummm, they're New Yorkers... they boo everyone who isn't a Jet, a Giant, or themselves. Happens every year. They booed Goodell last year, too.

What else is new?

TXBRONC
05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Ummm, they're New Yorkers... they boo everyone who isn't a Jet, a Giant, or themselves. Happens every year. They booed Goodell last year, too.

What else is new?

I remember New Yorkers booing different draft picks going to the Jets or Giants but I don't recall them booing the Commissioner before.