PDA

View Full Version : Why does Shanny continue to do this?

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:15 AM
What was the point in drafting Spencer Larsen? Can anyone tell me why we drafted a LB to play fullback and a fullback to sit on the bench? Then we drafted a potential hard hitting Safety to play LB, but he ends up on the bench anyways in favor of some guys that Shanny recruited in the check-out line at Wal-Mart. Or maybe these guys were contractors on his billion dollar house and they looked like they were in pretty good shape so he signed them up to play safety.

Meanwhile we have two perfectly good, young safeties that could be getting some valuable PT and probably not stinking it up as much as our current scrubs. I was excited for a change and thought Lowry would provide some mediocrity to a position that has been terrible, but he was horrendous and now our ineptitude in the draft has started to rear its ugly head. WHY HAVE WE NOT DRAFTED A SAFETY THAT CAN DO ANYTHING BETTER THAN HAND PEOPLE GATORAID AFTER THEY MISS A TACKLE???????

IMO we had a good draft last year, but for some reason Shanny is trying to turn these young guys into something they are not. Kind of like what he did to DJ. Maybe Shanny is too scared that benching his FA acquisitions will make him look bad. Newsfash Mike, a 41-7 loss to a mediocre team with a backup QB and backup RB on Monday night will make you look bad.

This is what our LBs and Secondary should look like:

Boss - Larsen - (Webster in 3-4) - DJ

JMFW - Woodyard - Barrett - Champ

We have nothing to lose on D at this point, so lets get the future of our D some experience. Put Larsen back on D where he belongs and let Woodyard play SS where he played in college. Both of these guys can HIT HARD and start to bring an identity to this pathetic defense.

The only thing I can hope for as to why these guys are not playing is Shanny does not want these young guys to get their experience under Slowik's scheme because he knows Slowik wont be around next season. *finger's crossed*

Also, cut Hall and maybe let Bly return kicks. Since he cant tackle maybe we can find something else for him to do to earn his paycheck.

broncobryce
10-21-2008, 08:23 AM
I never agreed we should play Barret until now. You're right, we might as well, because he couldn't be much worse than what we have. And since we're not winning the superbowl this year, lets get him some experience. As far a Woodyard, are you sure he would make a better safety? I kind of like him at LB. Although he does play DJ's position. At least the draft has some good LB's (so I hear):coffee:

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:29 AM
I like him at LB too, but since he is best at WILL, he has no chance. But he needs to be on the field. He played some SS in college, so I have no doubt he can be better than the abomination we have out there now. Even if he cant cover guys, at least he can come underneath and lay the wood on someone...make them think twice about running around the middle of the field.

Plus he can make a tackle on a back when our front seven is running around in the backfield like chickens with their heads cut off while the back still manages to find a gaping hole and run for 40 yards per play.:mad:

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Best players on the team are always the backups...

We thought McCree sucked, and so did Shanahan, so he puts in Lowry, a guy who couldn't get on the field at Tennessee, but was a fourth-round pick...turns out he sucks. So...if these other players can't beat the guys currently starting, do you REALLY think they are better? I mean, seriously think they are better?

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:32 AM

We thought McCree sucked, and so did Shanahan, so he puts in Lowry, a guy who couldn't get on the field at Tennessee, but was a fourth-round pick...turns out he sucks. So...if these other players can't beat the guys currently starting, do you REALLY think they are better? I mean, seriously think they are better?

I don't know if they are actually better, but I do know they cant be any worse. And even if they are as bad or worse, at least we can build on them and they wont be castoffs at the end of the season when we finish 8-8.

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 08:33 AM
I don't know if they are actually better, but I do know they cant be any worse. And even if they are as bad or worse, at least we can build on them and they wont be castoffs at the end of the season when we finish 8-8.

Really? Are you sure?

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Really? Are you sure?

After last night, yes I am sure I am tired of watching castoffs from other teams start for us and suck.

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
After last night, yes I am sure I am tired of watching castoffs from other teams start for us and suck.

So, you'd rather watch draft picks start for us and suck?

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM

If it means they will be better prepared for next year, yes.

If it means they will have to learn and play under Slowik knowing they will have to learn a new scheme under a new DC next year, then no.

That is the only hope I hold at this point.

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 08:40 AM
If it means they will be better prepared for next year, yes.

If it means they will have to learn and play under Slowik knowing they will have to learn a new scheme under a new DC next year, then no.

That is the only hope I hold at this point.

Aren't you contradicting yourself at that point? You want them to play so they are prepared next year, but you don't want them learning Slowik's scheme? Did I read that right?

So who's scheme do you want them to learn?

Retired_Member_001
10-21-2008, 08:40 AM

Yes.

Because then the youngsters would develop.

Retired_Member_001
10-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Aren't you contradicting yourself at that point? You want them to play so they are prepared next year, but you don't want them learning Slowik's scheme? Did I read that right?

Can Slowik, start the youngsters.

I'd put money on our defense playing better if we did that.

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:41 AM
PS. Yes, I would rather see the LB we drafted start on defense then start on offense.

Yes, I would rather see the tweener we drafted (who lit it up in the preseason) play safety since our safeties can not tackle a running back or TE.

Yes, I would rather see the FB we drafted actually play FB rather than the LB we drafted playing FB because "he likes to hit people on ST".

I am still up in the air on Barrett, but I am 100% sure that I want to see the others play.

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:45 AM

Why are you trying to start an argument?

I want Slowik gone that is no secret, but I am not Mike Shannahan and I don't know what his plans are for Slowik. If Mike plans on keeping Slowik around for next year, then yes I would like to see the younger guys get some experience. If he plans on firing Slowik, then I don't want to put the guys in a bad position having to go through what DJ, Moss, Crowder, etc had to go through early in their careers trying to adjust to the NFL and new schemes and coaches.

Just a couple weeks ago I was trying to convince you that it was not always beneficial to start younger guys when you thought we should play the young guys. But at this point I think it would be best to get the young guys in there especially coming out of a bye.

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Can Slowik, start the youngsters.

I'd put money on our defense playing better if we did that.

Why...the only players playing well right now are veterans. Ekuban, Champ, maybe D.J. by my count. Just throwing rookies out there doesn't make a defense better.

PS. Yes, I would rather see the LB we drafted start on defense then start on offense.

Yes, I would rather see the tweener we drafted (who lit it up in the preseason) play safety since our safeties can not tackle a running back or TE.

Yes, I would rather see the FB we drafted actually play FB rather than the LB we drafted playing FB because "he likes to hit people on ST".

I am still up in the air on Barrett, but I am 100% sure that I want to see the others play.

I can agree with those first three things. But clearly Larsen can't beat out the other linebackers in practice, so how could he possibly be better in a game. And just because they play, doesn't mean they'll get better.

Look, I'm playing a bit of Devil's Advocate, because I think LR is making a "I'm pissed of we lost that bad, so..." thread. Which is OK...I'm just trying to talk him off the ledge.

I think the problem is more likely the fact that we haven't drafted good defensive players, rather than the scheme. If the guys can't play, they can't play, and they aren't going to get any better just by getting them on the field. We did get to the quarterback last night, and from what I noticed, it was when we didn't send the house. When we sent the house, New England picked it up, and beat our corners one on one. I see a lack of talent out there more than anything wrong with the scheme. I think they tried to adjust by sending different blitz packages, but New England did a good job of picking them up and exploiting the secondary.

I don't know...let's also remember New England had gotten blown out the last two weeks...they were just as pissed off after last week's debacle as we are today. We've got a bye week, and four games in a row that we probably should win. Throwing rookies to the wolves isn't going to win those four games. Remember, we do still have the division lead.

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Why are you trying to start an argument?

I want Slowik gone that is no secret, but I am not Mike Shannahan and I don't know what his plans are for Slowik. If Mike plans on keeping Slowik around for next year, then yes I would like to see the younger guys get some experience. If he plans on firing Slowik, then I don't want to put the guys in a bad position having to go through what DJ, Moss, Crowder, etc had to go through early in their careers trying to adjust to the NFL and new schemes and coaches.

Just a couple weeks ago I was trying to convince you that it was not always beneficial to start younger guys when you thought we should play the young guys. But at this point I think it would be best to get the young guys in there especially coming out of a bye.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Just because we disagree a little bit, doesn't mean I'm trying to start an argument.

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 08:57 AM
I can agree with those first three things. But clearly Larsen can't beat out the other linebackers in practice, so how could he possibly be better in a game. And just because they play, doesn't mean they'll get better.

Look, I'm playing a bit of Devil's Advocate, because I think LR is making a "I'm pissed of we lost that bad, so..." thread. Which is OK...I'm just trying to talk him off the ledge.

I think the problem is more likely the fact that we haven't drafted good defensive players, rather than the scheme. If the guys can't play, they can't play, and they aren't going to get any better just by getting them on the field. We did get to the quarterback last night, and from what I noticed, it was when we didn't send the house. When we sent the house, New England picked it up, and beat our corners one on one. I see a lack of talent out there more than anything wrong with the scheme. I think they tried to adjust by sending different blitz packages, but New England did a good job of picking them up and exploiting the secondary.

I don't know...let's also remember New England had gotten blown out the last two weeks...they were just as pissed off after last week's debacle as we are today. We've got a bye week, and four games in a row that we probably should win. Throwing rookies to the wolves isn't going to win those four games. Remember, we do still have the division lead.

I can see your point, which is what my opinion has been all year up until now. But right now IMO we have 3 liabilities on defense (well, 4 if you count Slowik)

1. Safety
2. Dre Bly
3. Nate Webster

Even if we have to give Niko a chance instead of Larsen, I still think it would be more than beneficial putting Woodyard at SS. This kid needs to be on the field, he is our best defensive player on the bench and I DO think he would be an upgrade at SS even as a rook.

As for Larsen, I cant really say if he would be a better LB because Shanny has it in his head that Larsen is a fullback. I saw Larsen miss some blocking assignments last night on O and was a big reason for a couple of those sacks. He is NOT a fullback and he is a liability on offense. It may be a mistake to put him in on D, but he needs to be back on the depth chart where he belongs. If that is backup LB, then so be it but it surely is not starting running back.

Yes I am probably writing this because I am pissed that we lost. I am typically level headed after wins and losses, but at this point I dont think Slowik or the great Mike Shannahan can do anything to make this defense better. Neither have any idea how to coach a defense. I think these young guys might come in and make some noise because they have something to prove. Obviously these scrubs we picked up off the street have nothing to play for (at least they dont act like they do). Woodyard has great ball instincts and I think it may make up for the ineptitude of Slowik's scheme

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm not trying to start an argument. Just because we disagree a little bit, doesn't mean I'm trying to start an argument.

Seemed like you were since that thing about me contradicting myself was addressed in my original post (I was just adding onto it).

The only thing I can hope for as to why these guys are not playing is Shanny does not want these young guys to get their experience under Slowik's scheme because he knows Slowik wont be around next season. *finger's crossed*

Retired_Member_001
10-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Why...the only players playing well right now are veterans. Ekuban, Champ, maybe D.J. by my count. Just throwing rookies out there doesn't make a defense better.

Young players are more passionate, more aggressive and so forth. Young players have nothing to loose, they go out and prove a point. It's about time we kicked some of the older players off of their asses and gave them some competition.

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Young players are more passionate, more aggressive and so forth. Young players have nothing to loose, they go out and prove a point. It's about time we kicked some of the older players off of their asses and gave them some competition.

Lowry and Larsen are virtually the same age, I believe Lowry is 11 months older. He got blown up last night...repeatedly.

It was his performance that makes me think we shouldn't be putting these young players out there if they can't play.

Mike
10-21-2008, 09:16 AM

I agree about the comment regarding backups being popular.

Disagree on Lowry though. I actually thought Lowry showed potential. Granted, he was atrocious. But his instincts often put him in the right place at the right time. He just didn't finish. I attribute that more to it his youth and inexperience. He needs some seasoning/game experience...but I think he is a player to keep an eye on.

Retired_Member_001
10-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Lowry and Larsen are virtually the same age, I believe Lowry is 11 months older. He got blown up last night...repeatedly.

It was his performance that makes me think we shouldn't be putting these young players out there if they can't play.

Well obviously, you can't just play ANY young guy. The guy has to look like he has some talent. See Jack Williams.

I understand what you're saying though.

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Well obviously, you can't just play ANY young guy. The guy has to look like he has some talent. See Jack Williams.

I understand what you're saying though.

And Williams has seen some time...I was too pissed off at this point to pay much attention, but was Williams playing opposite Bly in the second half?

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 09:29 AM
And Williams has seen some time...I was too pissed off at this point to pay much attention, but was Williams playing opposite Bly in the second half?

Yes. He had little to no impact. NE stuck with their gameplan to attack Bly's side of the field and Bly was covering Moss when he scored 2 TDs I believe.

I'm not even sure if Jack made a single tackle, of course I was flipping back and forth between Family Guy during the second half.

Rogue
10-21-2008, 09:35 AM
I hate to say this, but it needs to be said...Bowlen? now would be a good time to secure Bill Cower for next year?.......

I think its time to move on, I have a hard time saying this because of what Shanny has done for Denver, but i think its time to move forward.....
Denver should also grab Mike Nolan, he was a good defensive coordinator

What are you thoughts on this?

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 10:01 AM
No way it happens. Shanny will leave when he is ready to retire and Bates will take over as HC.

Shanny is grooming Bates to follow in his footsteps.

Traveler
10-21-2008, 11:15 AM
This team needs to:

Decide on 4-3 or 3-4 and stick with it.

Get Hillis back at FB and use him like they did at AK with screen passes.

Re-open the competion at MLB.

I'm totally disgusted with this team now.

Folks here can flame me for what I'm about to say but I don't care.

We suck defensively and I hope we lose all the rest of our games this season. It'll give us a better shot at the more talented defensive players coming out in next years draft.

This offseason I also hope Bowlen sees the light and strips Shanahan of any authority on the personnel. Fire the entire defensive staff except Slowik. Keep him as the secondary coach. Bring in a fire breathing DC to light a fire under these players. No job is safe save Champ, DJ.

No more country club training camps for the defense. Hire the best DL coaches that have proven track records as teachers and history of players actually improving under their tutleage. Full contact twice a day with particular attention to fundamental tackling. They don't wrap up, fine them.

NightTrainLayne
10-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Fire the entire defensive staff except Slowik. Keep him as the secondary coach. Bring in a fire breathing DC to light a fire under these players. No job is safe save Champ, DJ.

Why keep Slowick at all? He's been here as part of the staff for the past three years when we've all been complaining about our defense.

He looks good as a secondary coach because he's got Champ. That's it. Without Champ he would have been busted down to the NCAA a long time ago. Who else in our secondary ever looks good? Yeah, they all suck, and don't have a ton of talent, but I don't think Slowick does either.

If we purge the defensive side again, get rid of Slowick too.

Traveler
10-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Why keep Slowick at all? He's been here as part of the staff for the past three years when we've all been complaining about our defense.

He looks good as a secondary coach because he's got Champ. That's it. Without Champ he would have been busted down to the NCAA a long time ago. Who else in our secondary ever looks good? Yeah, they all suck, and don't have a ton of talent, but I don't think Slowick does either.

If we purge the defensive side again, get rid of Slowick too.

I actually think he's a pretty good secondary coach. But I can't argue your point.

BigSarge87
10-21-2008, 01:38 PM
The Broncos are broken. I am not ready to bail on Shanny yet. But damn!! Regardless of how bad the players are, watching these games I just keep thinking that these guys have not been prepared to play since Week 2. They look like they took the entire week off and just showed up for the game. Every week they are completely out matched. It is MS's job to get these guys ready to play each week and sad to say, but it's not happening, not even close. It might not completely be his fault, but it is ultimately his responsibility, even the HC needs a kick in the butt once in while.

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I dont think giving up on Shanny is the answer, but I think taking away his defensive authority (player asquisitions and coach hiring) needs to be done to find any resolve. I believe he is still a great coach and offensive talent evaluator, but his weakness is defense and it has shown with our piss poor defense the past 10 years.

Lonestar
10-21-2008, 02:35 PM
What was the point in drafting Spencer Larsen? Can anyone tell me why we drafted a LB to play fullback and a fullback to sit on the bench? Then we drafted a potential hard hitting Safety to play LB, but he ends up on the bench anyways in favor of some guys that Shanny recruited in the check-out line at Wal-Mart. Or maybe these guys were contractors on his billion dollar house and they looked like they were in pretty good shape so he signed them up to play safety.

Meanwhile we have two perfectly good, young safeties that could be getting some valuable PT and probably not stinking it up as much as our current scrubs. I was excited for a change and thought Lowry would provide some mediocrity to a position that has been terrible, but he was horrendous and now our ineptitude in the draft has started to rear its ugly head. WHY HAVE WE NOT DRAFTED A SAFETY THAT CAN DO ANYTHING BETTER THAN HAND PEOPLE GATORAID AFTER THEY MISS A TACKLE???????

IMO we had a good draft last year, but for some reason Shanny is trying to turn these young guys into something they are not. Kind of like what he did to DJ. Maybe Shanny is too scared that benching his FA acquisitions will make him look bad. Newsfash Mike, a 41-7 loss to a mediocre team with a backup QB and backup RB on Monday night will make you look bad.

We have nothing to lose on D at this point, so lets get the future of our D some experience. Put Larsen back on D where he belongs and let Woodyard play SS where he played in college. Both of these guys can HIT HARD and start to bring an identity to this pathetic defense.

Also, cut Hall and maybe let Bly return kicks. Since he cant tackle maybe we can find something else for him to do to earn his paycheck.

Outstanding post..

Mikey is an egomaniac thinks he is smarter than anyone else..

Made a FB out of Sapp, MA, when they were pure RB's..

Tried to make a DT out of a college LB and DE Pryce.. at 286 lbs your not a DT..

Made a All pro OLT out of a TE Lepsis

Made HOF TE out of a Big WR.. Sharpe..

Tried to make SAM and MLB out of a Will LB.. DJ

Trying to make DE's out of 3-4 OLBs in Moss and Doom..

Draft the right folks for the right spots allow them to learn and grow into them and play them or cut them.. I know that some players are tweener and some will adapt better in different positions but mikey just tries to make or seems to try it more that others..

Stop with trying to be the Creator leave that to God..

Lonestar
10-21-2008, 02:39 PM

can they be any worse and frankly what do we have to lose at this point?..

We @least find out if they are players and can be coached into being good to great ..

Right now Woodyard is not going to see anytime on the field unless DJ goes down and if he does then you change up again..

He is to good an athlete to have languishing on the bench..

GEM
10-21-2008, 02:59 PM

Mo, I don't think he's looking for better. I think some of us have resigned ourselves to the fact that this is as good as this D gets, it's not good enough and for the sake of the future, perhaps it's time that we put our DRAFT picks to use.

spikerman
10-21-2008, 06:01 PM

This coaching staff has proven over the years that they don't really know defensive talent. Who's to say that some of the backups aren't better than the starters? After watching the product put out on the defensive side of the ball the past few years, I'm not sure we should take the team's word for it.

shank
10-21-2008, 06:09 PM
webster has played well this season, but inconsistent.

with our terrible safety play, though, i would love love love to see barrett brought up and get some play time. i'm sure he'll make mistakes, but he has the athleticism to make up for some mental errors, and the reps will only help him for the future.

woodyard at SS couldn't really hurt either. he has decent speed for the position and has shown all year so far that he knows how to get involved and make plays.

i'd rather see cutler at safety before lowry starts again :coffee:

SmilinAssasSin27
10-21-2008, 06:32 PM

What our D SHOULD look like is:
Elvis, Robertson, Thomas, Crowder
DJ, Posluszny, Boss
Champ, Jack Williams,...any Safeties but who we have.

Lonestar
10-21-2008, 06:34 PM
webster has played well this season, but inconsistent.

with our terrible safety play, though, i would love love love to see barrett brought up and get some play time. i'm sure he'll make mistakes, but he has the athleticism to make up for some mental errors, and the reps will only help him for the future.

woodyard at SS couldn't really hurt either. he has decent speed for the position and has shown all year so far that he knows how to get involved and make plays.

i'd rather see cutler at safety before lowry starts again :coffee:

maybe a good idea.

BroncoWave
10-21-2008, 06:36 PM
maybe a good idea.

If I remember correctly he was actually recruited out of HS more as a safety than he was as a QB.

Lonestar
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
If I remember correctly he was actually recruited out of HS more as a safety than he was as a QB.

all the big ten schools he wanted to play for, wanted him as a safety and ONLY Vandy offered him to stay at QB..

horsepig
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Please explain to me why you (I mean anyone) think Webster is playing "OK"? Webster seems to have a little spunk, but he just can't compete at this level. Is our great free agent pickup, Niko, so effing bad that he can't help a little? Throw these softies, whoops, I meant extremely slow, unaggressive, non-hitting, can't cover my mom-in-law safeties off the team. Go get some ex-Rams, ex-Buffs & offer them the same money these losers are HAULING in and I bet they'd at least give some effort and maybe, just maybe HIT somebody. This cannot get worse, don't even put 11 guys out there, invent the Mike Shanahan 8 man defense. The "genius" strikes again, with a bullet.

G_Money
10-21-2008, 07:46 PM
We paid some cash for Niko and he can't even get on the field when we play 4 LBs. How is that possible?

We drafted Larsen as a heavy hitter and sure tackler - AND HE IS - but we'd rather play him as a FB. Instead of Peyton Hillis, the FB we drafted to be a FB. I understand that he might not be up to speed on picking up blitz protections, since Hillis played at Arkansas and that was about as far from a pro offense as you can get, but Larsen HAS to be worse at it since he's never done it in his life.

If we still had Sapp and were starting him over Hillis I'd get it, but Larsen? It makes no sense.

I wanted to draft Woodyard and start him on a safety conversion a la Boulware. He had the speed and the moves for it. He's a leader, and has a great motor. Instead we had him bulk up and then paid DJ a king's ransom to man the only position we'd let Woodyard play, the Will.

Backups are always better than starters in the minds of fans, because they haven't had the opportunity to show how much worse they actually are in games, but seriously:

I'm not a huge believer in Larsen, but Winborn's getting worked out there. As are Boss and Webster. Larsen has the instincts Winborn has never had. Winborn is fast, but what good is that if he's always fast in the wrong location?

Niko isn't great, but doesn't he have to at least be able to do what those jokers are doing?

Barrett is green as pistachio ice cream, but he's got speed and can hit, two things our current safeties lack. He'll get worked because he hasn't seen it all yet, but he can RECOVER - unlike the guys who are out there now.

And don't we need to see if he can actually start for us before we get to the next draft and FA period? Obviously Lowry SHOULDN'T start for us, and neither should the other two idiots.

So why can't Barrett get his half-season tryout?

And we need to know if Hillis can handle toting the rock, blocking for Jay and the backs, catching passes out of the backfield... We need to know. Why aren't we finding out? How did he get in Shanny's doghouse so fast?

The season isn't "lost". We're not 1-6 or something. But at some point playing for the future and playing for now converge.

What's lacking on the field? Heart. Heart and talent.

What do all of the men on this list have (maybe excluding Barrett in some respects, but we need to find out)? Heart. And they might have the talent to boot.

Larsen and Woodyard and Hillis have so much heart it's comin' out their ears. Not a quitter among them. Barrett might have some of his own to boot.

And on a team that laid down and died Monday night, you'd think an influx of heart could be on the patient recovery chart somewhere, wouldn't you?

~G

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I dont think giving up on Shanny is the answer, but I think taking away his defensive authority (player asquisitions and coach hiring) needs to be done to find any resolve. I believe he is still a great coach and offensive talent evaluator, but his weakness is defense and it has shown with our piss poor defense the past 10 years.

I'll buy that for a dollar...

GEM
10-22-2008, 09:16 AM
What our D SHOULD look like is:
Elvis, Robertson, Thomas, Crowder
DJ, Posluszny, Boss
Champ, Jack Williams,...any Safeties but who we have.

Friggen love Posluszny!!

pnbronco
10-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Larsen and Woodyard and Hillis have so much heart it's comin' out their ears. Not a quitter among them. Barrett might have some of his own to boot.

And on a team that laid down and died Monday night, you'd think an influx of heart could be on the patient recovery chart somewhere, wouldn't you?

Great post G. I was thinking the same thing. From what I heard on the radio they were so flat, I was driving through NV for the game that may have been a good thing . I would think the energy these guys could bring would send a loud message of if you won't fight for your job I sure will.