PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs?!?!?

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 08:05 AM
I hate to sound like Jim Mora here but I'm reading posts with people saying "just wait until the playoffs"!!! Are you kidding me?!?!? No way we make the playoffs this year. The rest of the league has to smell blood with us now. Notice how each team that plays us ends up looking like they have the best offensive in the NFL? It’s only going to get worse. We’ve been exposed for what we are. A very young and inconsistent team on offense and a very weak and inept team on defense severely behind the rest of the NFL in talent and in panic mode in scheme. There isn't a team in the league that can't over power us and blow us off the ball. Last years draft is encouraging, hopefully we can do it again this year and add some much needed talent on defense. As for this year, just watch us make each team we play look better than they actually are, week after week for the rest of the season.

Shazam!
10-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Isn't it time for Mike Shanahan to be held accountable for this garbage? It's a disgrace the way this team plays.

From 100 points in the first 3 games, to being a joke. At least the offense was exciting to watch.

DenverBronkHoes
10-21-2008, 09:33 AM
was

MasterShake
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Sad thing is I still think we are gonna win the division. San Diego is almost a carbon copy of us. They'll smoke a team one week, then lose to really bad teams. Sad to say but I think first between the two teams, the first to get 10 wins gets the DIVISION! Remember when the AFC West was the class of the league?

sacmar
10-21-2008, 10:13 AM
We will go to the playoffs...c'mon with 5 turnovers what do you expect, i said it before a lot of people let the first three games influence them way to much, same with the freakin jets. This is pretty much the same team as last year so why such high expectations ?? We had a hurt QB, various other injuries and five to's. We aren't the best team in the leauge but we're no where as bad as the doom and gloom i've heard all night. Just like last year we will win some and we will loose some it's not that bad really. Our crappy D held up as long as they could, we win by outscoring guys these days................ah screw it rant over

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Last nights game was a sad display of futile efforts of a team that has not the will to win. It is a team bent more in the direction of individuals and not the team as a whole.

I turned it off in the third quarter which I rarely do.

Did someone mention turnovers? What about going back to the basics which this team seems to have forgotten.

EDIT:

Oh yea, playoffs? Not too likely unless...

Northman
10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
We will go to the playoffs...c'mon with 5 turnovers what do you expect, i said it before a lot of people let the first three games influence them way to much, same with the freakin jets. This is pretty much the same team as last year so why such high expectations ?? We had a hurt QB, various other injuries and five to's. We aren't the best team in the leauge but we're no where as bad as the doom and gloom i've heard all night. Just like last year we will win some and we will loose some it's not that bad really. Our crappy D held up as long as they could, we win by outscoring guys these days................ah screw it rant over

We didnt make the playoffs last year. So the likely hood of making it this year playing like the way we have is not likely again. Sure, i got caught up with the first 3 weeks. And yes, i didnt have a lot of expectations going into this season. But, when the Head Coach guarantees a playoff spot i expect him to deliver. And yes, turnovers have KILLED us. But not just last night, we've had a lot of turnovers since the Charger game but we just got lucky in two of those matchups to come out with a win. I dont mind having struggling seasons, but just dont blow smoke up my ass trying to tell me we are better than we really are.

Northman
10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Last nights game was a sad display of futile efforts of a team that has not the will to win. It is a team bent more in the direction of individuals and not the team as a whole.

I turned it off in the third quarter which I rarely do.

Did someone mention turnovers? What about going back to the basics which this team seems to have forgotten.

EDIT:

Oh yea, playoffs? Not too likely unless...

Well said.

underrated29
10-21-2008, 11:41 AM
10 wins makes the playoffs. I am not even talking about the division, i mean just the playoffs....

We will most def make the playoffs. Seriously, you guys sound like JR.

We face:

jets-win
chef-win
raiders-win
browns- win -as long as we dont let lewis rush for 300+
bolts- (who knows which team show up-for us and them)
panthers-tough team either way

I dont know who else we face, point is thats like 8 wins right there. We would only need 2 more to make the playoffs and 10-6. Plus, i think we also face a crappy team like det, or cincy or someone.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I do not think Denver has the players (or coaching now) on the defensive side of the ball to win the Division and for sure compete in the postseason. I don't see Denver making the adjustments on that side of the ball "in-season" to fix that.

Offense looks good vice the turnovers which, unlike the defensive side, ought to be something 'fixable' here during the season - and better be pretty damn quick.

If by some stroke of luck Denver does make the postseason then look for an early round playoff exit with the 'feel' (and score) much like last nights game.

Still love the Bronc's, just don't see competitive in the postseason until 2-3 years from now assuming we keep the sustains where they are (offense) and fix the needs-improvements (defense).

hamrob
10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
We will go to the playoffs...c'mon with 5 turnovers what do you expect, i said it before a lot of people let the first three games influence them way to much, same with the freakin jets. This is pretty much the same team as last year so why such high expectations ?? We had a hurt QB, various other injuries and five to's. We aren't the best team in the leauge but we're no where as bad as the doom and gloom i've heard all night. Just like last year we will win some and we will loose some it's not that bad really. Our crappy D held up as long as they could, we win by outscoring guys these days................ah screw it rant overThe only way we get to the Playoffs is to win the division. We are up by one game on the Bolts and we still have to play them in San Diego. I don't think our head to head games are going to be in our favor either. Then take a look at the wildcard picture. We've already lost to the Jags and Pats...so that's not looking favorable. And, our schedule that was supposed to be soft....suddenly got alot more difficult...as teams that were poor last year are playing well this year...not to mention...that most of our games remaining are on the road!

This team will not make the playoffs!

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
10 wins makes the playoffs. I am not even talking about the division, i mean just the playoffs....

We face:

jets-win
chef-win
raiders-win

I dont know who else we face, point is thats like 8 wins right there. We would only need 2 more to make the playoffs and 10-6. Plus, i think we also face a crappy team like det, or cincy or someone.

Have you watched the games the past 4 weeks? How anyone could chalk up a win for us against ANY team in the entire league is fooling themself. If we keep this up this is how those games will ACTUALLY turn out:

Jets - loss - Favre throws 4 TDs
Chefs - loss - LJ runs for 150 yards 3 TDs
Raiders - loss - their three headed giant runs for 200 yards total
Browns - loss - Lewis breaks his previous personal game best and the NFL record of 295 yards
Panthers - blowout loss - they rush for 200+ yards and 3 TDs
Dolts - loss - close game, but a loss in SD and SD wins the division with a 9-7 record

Let me also add:

Dolphins - Loss - we keep turning the ball over and Ronnie Brown rushes for 120 and 2 TDs
Bills - Loss - Lynch destroys us
Falcons - Loss - Turner destroys us and Matt Ryan has the best game of his career.

We could very easily not win a single game the rest of the year if we in any way resemble the team that played last night. Yea I know, I am doom and gloom after the loss, but what realistically can turn this defense around? The teams we are playing are not the pushovers we thought they were before the season started. The rest of our schedule is pretty tough and the easiest game I see is the Chefs and we saw how easy that game was a couple weeks ago.

We have our work cut out for us and these players and coaches need to pull their heads out of their asses and start playing like they did in the opening game if we want a shot at the division. We are going to have to turn it around like the Giants did last year. The only problem is the Giants had a great defense.

dogfish
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
as bad as it was, it's just one game, and we didn't find out anything that we didn't know beforehand. . . other teams have suffered blowout losses and gone on to make the playoffs. . . nobody's happy right now, but after all the bitching there's still a lot of football left to be played. . .

underrated29
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Have you watched the games the past 4 weeks? How anyone could chalk up a win for us against ANY team in the entire league is fooling themself. If we keep this up this is how those games will ACTUALLY turn out:

Jets - loss - Favre throws 4 TDs
Chefs - loss - LJ runs for 150 yards 3 TDs
Raiders - loss - their three headed giant runs for 200 yards total
Browns - loss - Lewis breaks his previous personal game best and the NFL record of 295 yards
Panthers - blowout loss - they rush for 200+ yards and 3 TDs
Dolts - loss - close game, but a loss in SD and SD wins the division with a 9-7 record

Let me also add:

Dolphins - Loss - we keep turning the ball over and Ronnie Brown rushes for 120 and 2 TDs
Bills - Loss - Lynch destroys us
Falcons - Loss - Turner destroys us and Matt Ryan has the best game of his career.

We could very easily not win a single game the rest of the year if we in any way resemble the team that played last night. Yea I know, I am doom and gloom after the loss, but what realistically can turn this defense around? The teams we are playing are not the pushovers we thought they were before the season started. The rest of our schedule is pretty tough and the easiest game I see is the Chefs and we saw how easy that game was a couple weeks ago.

We have our work cut out for us and these players and coaches need to pull their heads out of their asses and start playing like they did in the opening game if we want a shot at the division. We are going to have to turn it around like the Giants did last year. The only problem is the Giants had a great defense.

Exactley my point. We will take these teams. I would say you are very doom and gloom right now.

The Jets suck, and their dfense sucks even worse. The raiders also suck on all facets of the game. We could put ramsey in at qb and he could destroy the raiders. Same goes for the fins, and falcons. OUr defense blows, but our offense is better than any of those teams.....

We play like crap for 2 games back to back and the whole world goes upside down.

Torain will be back, scheff will be back, stokely will be back.... Maybe by the grace of god we can fix our run d on the bye week...

WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

I PROMISE!

barring any major brady, or maroney issue.

shank
10-21-2008, 01:46 PM
how quickly people forget how good this team is CAPABLE of being in the face of how bad they are capable of being...

talent-wise our offense is still as good as any in the league when we get tony and brandon back from injuries. our problems on offense have been turnovers, which is entirely fixable.

our defense has problems, but have shown at times that they can be decent. if they can just gain some consistency and our offense can protect the damned ball, then we can still win the division, and that's what i expect.

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Exactley my point. We will take these teams. I would say you are very doom and gloom right now.

The Jets suck, and their dfense sucks even worse. The raiders also suck on all facets of the game. We could put ramsey in at qb and he could destroy the raiders. Same goes for the fins, and falcons. OUr defense blows, but our offense is better than any of those teams.....

We play like crap for 2 games back to back and the whole world goes upside down.

Torain will be back, scheff will be back, stokely will be back.... Maybe by the grace of god we can fix our run d on the bye week...

WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

I PROMISE!

barring any major brady, or maroney issue.

The Falcons are very good this year, I would not count that as a win.

The Raiders are also much improved on defense and they have the backs to run on us all day.

Miami can be tough and they also have the backs and the accurate QB to nickle and dime our D to death.

Unless or offense turns around these could easily all be losses. I am not as worried about the Jets since they dont have a dominant rushing attack, but Favre is smart enough to exploit our D.

That is only 4 games anyways, which puts us at 8-8 even if we win those (9-7 if you count the Chefs).

I am not giving up all hope, but I am saying this teams needs a serious kick in the pants if they want to coast through the second half of the season like some of you think we will.

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 02:24 PM

We face:

jets-win
chef-win
raiders-win

Honestly, after last night, we are no lock to beat anybody in the NFL. EVERY offense we face DESTROYS us! Our defense couldn't stop a third place high school football team. This is THE WORST DEFENSE EVER FEILDED BY THE DENVER BRONCOS. And now our offense has taken a dump. Last night was just the icing on the cake for a pattern our team has displayed as the season progresses. Our offense is playing flat and turning over the ball and has been for weeks. At a time when teams should be getting better, we are getting worse.

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the Broncos but, they will have to show me they have what it takes to win. This season is not just one game it is a trend. So far each game played has been worse than the previous game. I keep saying it can't get much worse, yet week after week it does. We could just as easily be tied with KC for last place as we are where we are.

I have no expectations now for this year. I do not expect a turn around for this team. I hope for one but I don't expect it to happen.

At least with the bye coming next week I will be right when I say it can't get worse next week.

I am not a nay sayer but I know what a train wreck looks like. Right now the Broncos are a train wreck and unless they do something spectacular this division is ripe for the chargirls to take it. The Broncos are doing nothing to stop anyone.

KC whipped us like we are high school players and yet some think we will see tha playoffs. I doubt that but I hope you are right on.

CrazyHorse
10-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Who knows?
We could go 4-12 or 13-3.
There are still too many questions that need to be answered.

DenBronx
10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
if were going to make the playoffs then eddie royal needs to start playing like he did in week 1. marshall has been getting doubled every single game. with eddie one on one he should take advantage of his quickness and he also needs to make the 1st guy miss. eddie really hasnt done much damage since catching the final 2 passes in week 2.

if we can get everyone healthy on the offensive side on the ball we should at least squeek in, even if our defense is a complete debacle. i doubt we win once were in but it would be nice to at least get there.

underrated29
10-22-2008, 10:45 AM
oh boy. With champ out for a month and a half, his bro out for the year (not a huge loss, but it still hurts.) I see our future not so bright anymore.

Look at it this way, we will have the opportunity to draft malaugla or larinitus and then trade back into rd 1, or move up for early rd 2. for rolle,mays etc.

Medford Bronco
10-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Playoffs are you kidding me, playoffs. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

broncofaninfla
10-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Playoffs are you kidding me, playoffs. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

LOL!:beer: